Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Cute-ish title, but as for the actual story...
My (20f) boyfriend (21M) of one and a half years bit me after I accidentally sneezed in his face.

quote:

Carter and I have been dating now for about a year and 6 months. Most of the time we are really great together. We handle all our fights in a very calm manner and we rarley yell. I've never felt threatened physically and he's never raised his hand at me in any way either.

On to the problem, we were sort of tickling one another and having some giggles when I let out a surprise sneeze right in his face. I thought it was hilarious, but he imidiatley picked up my hand and bit down hard until I yelped and pulled free of his grip. I got up and walked away angrily. He later came back and tried to give me a silly apology, but I was still mad. I did apologize for the accidental sneeze on him though. If this was a one time thing, I would forgive and forget but he does this type of thing often. We will be playing gently and something will happen and he will end up taking it to far and hurting me. I have told him he needs to stop this kind of thing, but he never takes it seriously. He always laughs because to him it's just playing...He's a big guy and one of these days I think he might really hurt me without even realising it.

TL;DR My boyfriend and I were playing when I accidentally sneezed in his face. He grabbed my hand and bit down hard until I yelped and pulled away. He thought it was just a joke but it really hurt. He does this sort of thing all the time and I and tired of it. How do I make him understand?

EDIT: Howdy everyone. After reading all of the advice on this post, it really helped open my eyes a bit. I came to this sub thinking I had a minor problem when it really turned out I had a major one. What he's doing is really just unacceptable and I will not stand for it. Tomorrow I am going to talk to Carter face to face and I will give you guys an update on what happens in the next couple days. Thanks reddit.
In the update her strategy is "I talked to him about it and now when he is getting too rough I will tell him".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

How can I (31M) be a better gift-giver? My wife (29F) is upset with me yet again.

quote:

My wife and I took that five love languages quiz a while ago and hers is gifts.Which makes sense because she always gets me thoughtful stuff. But I always seem to strike out. I will admit a lot of the time I don’t think about the gift giving occasion until it’s too late and I have to scramble, but this year I didn’t do that.

I have been trying to actively listen and pick up on what I think are hints, because my wife has told me that she doesn’t like having to straight up tell me what to get her, for her that ruins the fun of gift giving because at that point she could just go buy it herself. Which is true.

So yesterday was Valentine’s Day. I thought that a digital picture frame would be a good gift because we have a 7 month old son and she’s always taking pictures of him. I stopped and got one after work. When I got home and gave it to her she seemed less than enthusiastic but said thank you. When I asked what was up she said she was just sad because of the news of the school shooting that happened yesterday.

Later I noticed she hadn’t taken it out of the box and asked if I’d screwed up again. She just sighed and said that it didn’t seem thoughtful. I told her that I thought she would like it because of all the pictures she takes of our son, and this way she wouldn’t have to always be getting them printed to hang on the walls, she could just have one photo frame that would cycle out all the pictures.

She replied that she appreciated that, but that I also didn’t wrap it or take it out of the box that it came in, didn’t load any pictures on it, and went an hour out of my way to go get it when what she needed today was for me to come home and take our son so she could shower and ‘get cute’ for when I got home. She said that there are tons of digital picture frames on Amazon that I could’ve ordered if I planned ahead, which she said it seemed like I didn’t. I thought I did, but I guess not enough.

She also said that the frame doesn’t go with any of our other home decor (which is true, all of our furniture and picture frames are white and the frame is brown) and that she actually does enjoy putting pictures of our son into frames and hanging them up around the house.

I can definitely see all of her points. She also says that she knows she should just be grateful, but that she feels like she’s had this conversation with me so many times and at this point she wants to just tell me I’m off the hook for gifts. I don’t want her to say that because I know that gifts are important for her and now I’m really trying, I just don’t know what I’m missing. I guess what I need is tips on how to be a better gift giver because even when I think I’ve gotten her something she’ll like, it always turns out that I’ve misread her.

Also for more context, this past Mother’s Day she was upset with me because I didn’t get her anything or plan anything, and she was pregnant, and I also screwed up her birthday and our anniversary, I didn’t get her anything at all for her birthday and for our anniversary I got her an exercise ball because I read that it can help pregnant women when they’re trying to go into labor. She didn’t appreciate that at all.

I realize that I completely screwed up by not getting her anything on her birthday or planning anything, and I guess I didn’t think to get her anything for Mother’s Day because our son hadn’t been born yet. But I see now why that was wrong of me to think.

Her favorite gifts that I’ve gotten her are one of those sonic face-washing brushes (I noticed she’d been looking up reviews on them and had said she’d been thinking about getting one) and a typewriter I found on Etsy because she had said she used to play on her grandmother’s typewriter when she was a little girl.

I don’t want to give up on this because my wife always does things for my love language, which is words of affirmation. She is an awesome mother and a good wife and doesn’t ask for much, so I really do want to get better at this. If any guys have gone through this same thing and turned things around I would appreciate that perspective as well. Thanks.

Tl;dr I keep ruining giftgiving occasions for my wife whose love language is gifts and I want to do better
Guy is a total dummy but genuinely trying to improve. Total slam dunk on that anniversary gift though.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for changing my boyfriends shower gel to a more ‘masculine’ one?

My boyfriend and I are both 28. We’ve been together for 3 years and he’s always been a smoker.

Over the past 6 months he’s stopped smoking. This means obviously he smells completely different To how he used to and unfortunately the shower gel he uses is so strong that it’s all I can smell on him anymore. He doesn’t wear cologne much so it’s just this jarring plasticy sweet stench.

Our bathroom smells of it and it makes me sick, but on his skin it amplifies and it smells like straight up cotton candy vomit. For anyone wondering what it isit’s a fairly cult product it’s called snow fairy by lush. He boards that poo poo because his mom used to buy it for him and it makes him feel like a kid. Apparently people go nuts over it.

Like I say, the smell is so so strong and I haven’t got used to it. Yesterday I finally gave up and figured I’d leave a new shower product in there for him to try- just a generic axe one as I wasn’t sure how it would go down.

I took his usual one and put it away into the drawer where all our doubles / back ups go. He came out the shower furious with me and told me I was loving with him and it wasn’t fair that I want him to smell differently etc. I was completely shocked and just said... dude... the shower gel was in the cabinet where you KNOW there are other ones of your favorite in there too so you wasn’t forced to use it you know? I left it in there in case you wanted to give it a whirl.

I really feel like I didn’t nothing wrong, he feels like I’m pushing gender stereotypes on him, I just don’t want my bf to constantly smell of rotting sweet candy, that’s all!

YTA for having an issue because the smell isn't "masculine" enough, which is toxic as gently caress. Clearly the issue isn't really that he just smells bad because she bought him loving AXE and thus clearly has no sense of smell or taste anyway

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I use my wife's cotton candy shower foam on my penis.

I feel good

Gifts are an act of aggression.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Something plugged into the wall shouldn’t be able to kill a cat.

My lawnmower is capable of killing cats just fine, thank you

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

INFO: In regards to her "stealing the wedding plans" - She proposed to her boyfriend the day after we announced our engagement. She was my maid of honour so I let her in on all my plans. She bought an identical dress to mine (although mine is in cream while hers is in ivory) and she bought it after she helped me pick mine out. The flowers are white and rainbow roses, which is an inside joke my future wife and I have had since our first date and my sister and her future husband think they "look nice", and also chose this after we did. She also got the same venue as me, the same cake, the same centerpieces, the same colour scheme, the same caterer with the same menu and a few other things. We're twins and she loves pushing the twin thing, but I just want a bit more separation now we're older. We planned to get married mid December, so this would only be moving it up a couple months, and Sis is getting married mid November, so any later and it would clash with her wedding, but if we postponed our original wedding, we'd be talking pushing it back a year. It's not just to get married first, but if we can just have the flowers without looking like we're copying, then we'll be satisfied, because as her groom is homophobic, we feel that having our flowers after they had them would taint it.

BRB sending my brother a thank-you note for feeling as icky about leaning into the twin thing as I do. We don't intentionally try to be different, but we get along a lot better now that we're living in different states with different lives instead of everyone telling the same stupid jokes and treating us as interchangable.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

teen witch posted:

I went to a HS like that. My principal was caught cheating on his wife with not ONLY the head of the English department, but also a parent of a student. The principal came to my district after something similar happened in his previous one, apparently.

This was all found out when the husband of the cheating wife hired a PI and it was quite messy.

What sucks is that he was actually a decent principal and the poor student who had to contend with the principal loving his mom was insanely nice.
Ok I'm going to tell a story about my hometown but be warned there is murder/suicide in it. I swear all the details are true as far as I know them.

One night the cops get a call about a woman running half naked down the road. They pick her up and find her car down the road on fire. She claims to have been abducted by a man in her home who murdered her husband. They drive to the house find her children tied up and her husband on the floor murdered. They untie the kids and the kids are like 'holy poo poo mommy came in with a ski mask on and shot daddy and tied us up'. They confront the woman she runs upstairs grabs a gun and kills herself.

She was an english teacher at the school I used to go to. She was having an affair with the coach and tried to stage a murder of her husband (as far as anyone can tell the coach had nothing to do with her plan). She just did it very badly. Said coach somehow didn't get fired or quit but even later went on to become the princple. I don't remember the the woman teacher but he was my coach in PE class and my history teacher.

Another story:
BEFORE I went to school we had a teacher shoot another teacher in the leg because he walked in on his wife (yet a third teacher) having sex with him. He actually did quit and opened a photo studio where if a highschool student went to him he'd give them a T-Shirt saying 'I was shot by Mr Larson'. They were still popular when I went to Highschool a few years later but they were banned in the actual school. Edit: Just for detail Mr Larson fired one shot deliberately into the ceiling and one shot into the guys leg. I forget what he was charged with but he did dodge attempted murder because of where he aimed.

Another beloved coach was fired because he was getting drunk with his students. There were huge protests about it until he came in and did a big speech about knock it off. I bet he nearly dodged criminal charges there were vague rumors of him doing drugs with students as well.

In short my highschool was a constant cesspool of teachers having affairs and occasionally shooting people. There's actually quite a few more stories but I'm pretty sure people will just think I'm making poo poo up if I keep going. Plus not really the thread for it I guess.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

That's every school. Anywhere.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Darkhold posted:

Ok I'm going to tell a story about my hometown but be warned there is murder/suicide in it. I swear all the details are true as far as I know them.

One night the cops get a call about a woman running half naked down the road. They pick her up and find her car down the road on fire. She claims to have been abducted by a man in her home who murdered her husband. They drive to the house find her children tied up and her husband on the floor murdered. They untie the kids and the kids are like 'holy poo poo mommy came in with a ski mask on and shot daddy and tied us up'. They confront the woman she runs upstairs grabs a gun and kills herself.

She was an english teacher at the school I used to go to. She was having an affair with the coach and tried to stage a murder of her husband (as far as anyone can tell the coach had nothing to do with her plan). She just did it very badly. Said coach somehow didn't get fired or quit but even later went on to become the princple. I don't remember the the woman teacher but he was my coach in PE class and my history teacher.

Another story:
BEFORE I went to school we had a teacher shoot another teacher in the leg because he walked in on his wife (yet a third teacher) having sex with him. He actually did quit and opened a photo studio where if a highschool student went to him he'd give them a T-Shirt saying 'I was shot by Mr Larson'. They were still popular when I went to Highschool a few years later but they were banned in the actual school. Edit: Just for detail Mr Larson fired one shot deliberately into the ceiling and one shot into the guys leg. I forget what he was charged with but he did dodge attempted murder because of where he aimed.

Another beloved coach was fired because he was getting drunk with his students. There were huge protests about it until he came in and did a big speech about knock it off. I bet he nearly dodged criminal charges there were vague rumors of him doing drugs with students as well.

In short my highschool was a constant cesspool of teachers having affairs and occasionally shooting people. There's actually quite a few more stories but I'm pretty sure people will just think I'm making poo poo up if I keep going. Plus not really the thread for it I guess.

The affairs thing is pretty much standard for that line of work. Shootings only where guns are super available

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Darkhold posted:

Another story:

Real tempted to make a “hosed up things from grade school” thread because holy gently caress

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teen witch posted:

Real tempted to make a “hosed up things from grade school” thread because holy gently caress

yes give me more bookmark fodder.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

In Grade 3 through 4 we had TWO teachers named Ms. Seimen and Ms. Seimens respectively. The astounding part is that I never heard anyone make a crack about their names, even once :psyduck: They were pretty heartless bitches though, so maybe everyone was too scared to, at least in earshot.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for throwing a surprise wedding?

The flowers are white and rainbow roses, which is an inside joke my future wife and I have had since our first date and my sister and her future husband think they "look nice", and also chose this after we did.

It's not just to get married first, but if we can just have the flowers without looking like we're copying, then we'll be satisfied, because as her groom is homophobic, we feel that having our flowers after they had them would taint it.

I love the straight sister stealing the gay sister's gay themed floral arrangement for a marriage to a homophobe.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

teen witch posted:

honestly that's a great idea for a thread, do it

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

I had a Spanish teacher pull a chef's knife out of her drawer, stab it into her desk and declare 'I'm off my medication and could cut every one of you faggots' throats without the slightest regret'. She left the knife there and spent the rest of the period sipping on vodka in a Sonic cup and every time someone made a peep, she would gesture towards the knife.

Unfortunately that happened in 9th grade so that wouldn't qualify for the hosed up grade school thread.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
the only hosed up thing that happened at my school was when the colorguard teacher would get drunk and go to his ex’s house begging for their attention. think he was arrested for a DUI.

I guess there was also the alcoholic pedo choir teacher.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for cancelling my leaving meal due to low attendance, only to find it was a ruse to surprise me with high attendance, cancelled anyway

Lol if they're mad about you ruining your surprise, I guess the party isn't for you, is it?

Reminds me when I found out my entirely Christian co-workers wanted to celebrate a Jewish holiday for my sake. They didn't ask me if I was observant or how I wanted to celebrate it, they just wanted to do "something nice" without any input from me because the holiday wasn't about me, it was making themselves feel good about being liberals

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My chemistry teacher distilled red wine in class and drank it right there. It wasn't just a shot. He also ate a candle.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Another depressing thread brought to you by teen witch

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899514

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My (28F) Girlfriend wants to name our first kid, a name her and her pass partner agreed together. I (28M) Disagree.
My (28F) girlfriend and I(28M) have been together for about 2 years and last night we talked about having kids. Before I go any further here’s some background information.

When My girlfriend was 18, she had a relationship before me that lasted for about 7 years and the guy she was with passed away from pancreatic cancer. From what I was told about him from her and her family members, he was a really great guy. About 2 years later she was able to let him go and move on with her life and that’s when she met me. She always told me that I reminded her about her ex that passed away and was one of the reasons why she dated me. Our relationship is getting pretty serious and I’m gonna propose to her because I love her very much.

However, not to long ago I brought up about having kids, and she told me that she wants to name our first kid a name her and her pass partner agreed upon when they planned to have kids, she said that it will be a promise she wants to keep when her pass lover told her before he passed away, a way of remembering him because he was scared to be forgotten forever. She said our other kids can be name what we decide together.

I disagreed because it’s gonna be our kids, and she got upset and told me that that if I won’t allow her to name our 1st kid what her and her pass lover agreed upon, that she won’t have kids with me.

I don’t know what to do or say because if she names our first kid what her and her pass partner decided, then it feels like it will be a kid they were suppose to have and not ours.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Power Khan posted:

My chemistry teacher distilled red wine in class and drank it right there. It wasn't just a shot. He also ate a candle.

We did fermentation and distillation in the 9th grade Chemistry. We drank that experiment.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Power Khan posted:

My (28F) Girlfriend wants to name our first kid, a name her and her pass partner agreed together. I (28M) Disagree.
My (28F) girlfriend and I(28M) have been together for about 2 years and last night we talked about having kids. Before I go any further here’s some background information.

When My girlfriend was 18, she had a relationship before me that lasted for about 7 years and the guy she was with passed away from pancreatic cancer. From what I was told about him from her and her family members, he was a really great guy. About 2 years later she was able to let him go and move on with her life and that’s when she met me. She always told me that I reminded her about her ex that passed away and was one of the reasons why she dated me. Our relationship is getting pretty serious and I’m gonna propose to her because I love her very much.

However, not to long ago I brought up about having kids, and she told me that she wants to name our first kid a name her and her pass partner agreed upon when they planned to have kids, she said that it will be a promise she wants to keep when her pass lover told her before he passed away, a way of remembering him because he was scared to be forgotten forever. She said our other kids can be name what we decide together.

I disagreed because it’s gonna be our kids, and she got upset and told me that that if I won’t allow her to name our 1st kid what her and her pass lover agreed upon, that she won’t have kids with me.

I don’t know what to do or say because if she names our first kid what her and her pass partner decided, then it feels like it will be a kid they were suppose to have and not ours.

i thought this was some weird cuck thing at first

in a way, it still sort of is

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

Lol if they're mad about you ruining your surprise, I guess the party isn't for you, is it?

Reminds me when I found out my entirely Christian co-workers wanted to celebrate a Jewish holiday for my sake. They didn't ask me if I was observant or how I wanted to celebrate it, they just wanted to do "something nice" without any input from me because the holiday wasn't about me, it was making themselves feel good about being liberals

Yeah but that was one crazy Yom Kippur.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Whorelord posted:

i thought this was some weird cuck thing at first

in a way, it still sort of is

This motherfucker needs to learn past tense.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Just get married at the courthouse, and then throw the kegger in your backyard.

I've been to a wedding like this. It was probably one of the best weddings I've ever been to.

Darwins_Foot
Sep 24, 2007
*Stomp*
https://twitter.com/skizdi/status/1176199688095244288?s=19

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Power Khan posted:

AITA for coming into work grossly sick, and not avoiding spreading my germs, because I don't get sick days?
I am a high schooler and i work for a family business. The father is the manager, with his wife the second in command. A lot of other family members, children, cousins, the parent's siblings work there too.

Only me and another high school girl are not part of the family. And it's blatantly obvious were treated differently. If a family member is sick, the others will take their shifts and give them a free day off. Or even make me and the other girl who aren't in the family take their shift.

But if she or i are sick, they won't swap shifts with us, they won't do anything to accommodate, their policy is that they don't do sick days, and that we can use our PTO if we really need it. But we only have 10 days PTO a year and generally have other plans for it.

So me and the other girl have started not using our PTO when sick, but instead coming in and not trying to keep our germs to ourselves.

I'd usually be really careful about what I touch, how I need to use lots of purell, how close I get to others, when I'm sick. But at work, I'll skip the purell, wipe my nose on my sleeves, touch stuff without caring, stand close to my manager to talk, etc. My friend from work does the same.

Since we've been doing that, about 6 months ago, each time a cold has come around, it spreads like hell though the office instead of dying out.

AITA for not trying to avoid getting the family I work for sick, because they don't give me and the other non-family employee sick leave?

Edit - for those saying to speak up instead of being passive aggressive... Last person who did was fired. And he said his bit in a really polite respectful way too.

Also, we don't work with food or with customers

I worked at a place that didn’t give sick days. They lost waaay more time when that had someone come in with norovirus. 180 people out of 200 were out for at least two days. A years worth of lost time because one person couldn’t take paid sick time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I worked at a place that didn’t give sick days. They lost waaay more time when that had someone come in with norovirus. 180 people out of 200 were out for at least two days. A years worth of lost time because one person couldn’t take paid sick time.

Working as intended, poor people suffered and the cruelty is the point :capitalism:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if your bosses treat sick time as leisure time then they deserve to have the entire office get laid low repeatedly by waves of illness

it's a different story if you work with children or in foodservice though. but if it's a plumbing supply company? gently caress em

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
This is why you should refresh before posting, topics move on! Sorry y’all and thank you for the new thread teen witch.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 24, 2019

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My (20f) boyfriend (21M) of one and a half years bit me after I accidentally sneezed in his face.

In the update her strategy is "I talked to him about it and now when he is getting too rough I will tell him".

ah, the classic 'you do the work for me' resolution

CountryMatters posted:

YTA for having an issue because the smell isn't "masculine" enough, which is toxic as gently caress. Clearly the issue isn't really that he just smells bad because she bought him loving AXE and thus clearly has no sense of smell or taste anyway

normally I'd agree with you, but have you smelled Snow Fairy? poo poo is disgusting. It's bubblegum and vanilla scented. as in, bazooka joe pink bubblegum scent, with this cloying candy vanilla piled on top. it's awful.

You're correct her taste is equally as poo poo tho, replacing it with AXE, woof. And her whole tactic of trying to play innocent, like 'dude i wasn't hiding it from you, i was just putting it out of sight and putting another soap in the shower ~as an option~' is loving bullshit. she knew what she was doing.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 24, 2019

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
AITA for loudly telling off a guy for repeatedly farting in a quiet study area?

quote:

I'm a college student and commute about 40 minutes to school, so instead of going home during my breaks I find somewhere to just sit down and chill out. Today I was able to get a spot in this little study room, which has like 10 recliner type chairs around the perimeter of the room.

I was in there for like 30 minutes or so when suddenly I started smelling something super nasty. It was definitely a fart, but I figured accidents happen and it was whatever. I then smelled it again a few minutes later, and other people were definitely starting to notice too. This went on for a solid 20 minutes.

At this point I took my headphones out so I could hear it if it happened again, and sure enough it was definitely the dude right next to me. He hadn't reacted to the smell at all, and it sounded like it came directly from him.

Seeing as he had clearly been farting for the past 20 minutes, I got super pissed off. I said "Dude, could you maybe leave the loving room if you're gonna do that?"

He looked super embarrassed and got all red, and said "I can't help it?"

I said "Okay, but you can definitely NOT do it in a small room with 15 other people!"

He picked up his stuff and left without saying anything, and I thought everyone would agree with me seeing as everyone seemed disgusted but most people weren't looking at me and others were straight up shooting me daggers.

I get that I probably embarrassed the guy but I think he was being super disgusting and not respecting anyone else by farting constantly in a small room. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

This makes more sense if her boyfriend is a dog.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The story in and of itself isn't humorous, but the comment by the OP...

I [23F] want to leave my [24M] childish fiancè

quote:

On mobile, sorry. First time posting here. Just really at a loss and if I've missed any details I'm sorry, I'll happily answer questions in the comments.

TL;DR - My fiancè still acts like a child and still wants to party even though we have a child, gets trashed and leaves me looking after the baby and him. I want to leave him, don't know how.

I don't know what to do. It's gotten to the point where I think I need to break up with my partner. We're 23 and 24, have been together a bit over 2 years and have a 6 month old together. There's been minor problems in the past but these small issues are becoming more frequent and he's having worse reactions to the smallest of things.

He never really gave up the party life so if we ever get to go out somewhere, he drinks. Just this past weekend he was 'an absolute disgrace and embarrassment' in front of my entire family (family event and he got very drunk and basically left me alone with the baby, which he has done a couple of times since she was born and a couple times while pregnant also). My parents got a lot of complaints and comments about his behaviour.

Here's where I need help. We live together and he doesn't have any family close by, they're a couple states away. If we break up, he has nowhere to go and basically no money to go anywhere either because he can't hold down a job (part of the issues mentioned earlier, he's admitted he self sabotages everything).

So what do I do and how do I break up with him? I can't get into every single detail of the past but I can't deal anymore and this is not the emotional environment I want to raise a baby in. I will never keep him from baby or anything like that either. I will happily co-parent but we aren't working as a couple anymore

quote:

I am in AUS. We have legal aid here and I have already thought about needing a custody arrangement as his parents are a worry, even though they are 2000 miles away. Thank you very much though!

I feel horrible about leaving him with nowhere to go. He's the one that would have to leave as where we live is my parents property. He also doesn't have a car, he borrows mine as he totalled his on a kangaroo

:australia:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA for ruining jeans for women?

u/pen1sewyg
I work at an office where I’m allowed to have a beard and long hair, but my manager is stringent on the “no jeans policy.” She frequently ensures that no one is wearing jeans and is wearing professional attire.

Problem is, for the past few months that I’ve been here, the women of the office have always worn jeans. Tight, dark, professional looking jeans, but jeans nonetheless. That is, until a few days ago.

I love wearing jeans, and have always felt I could make them professional too. I was complaining about it to a friend and coworker when my manager walked into the staff room. She said something basically confirming her stance on jeans.

I said “Well, the girls get to wear jeans.”

“No they don’t.”

Then, my coworker, Amanda walked in wearing jeans. I pointed that out. My manager confronted Amanda, telling her that she wasn’t allowed to wear jeans.

In the moment, Amanda appeared playfully made at me. But I went over her house last weekend, and she brought up the incident twice, again sort of playfully, but I think she may actually be mad. I apologized, saying I didn’t want to ruin jeans for women but to prove that someone can look professional in jeans.

AITA?

The comments are a lot of “maybe you should have shut up so you could get away with it as well” and :qq: “EQUALITY”

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

teen witch posted:

The comments are a lot of “maybe you should have shut up so you could get away with it as well” and :qq: “EQUALITY”

As usual, dress code stories are just a bunch of children pretending to be adults.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
How to ruin things for everyone.txt.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Just get married at the courthouse, and then throw the kegger in your backyard.

This is what we did, courthouse with our parents and one of our best friends and his husband, then invited all our closest friends over to our house to get drunk and eat cake.

I don't regret a thing.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My boss called a woman into his office to check her pants as he thought they were jeans. They were not. It's a good way to let everybody know you're a petty tyrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Q. Fiancé worried my genes will affect his son’s “package:”

quote:

I have recently become engaged to my longtime boyfriend. Whenever the topic of children came up, he would insist he only wanted girls because his siblings were all brothers so another male in the family would be boring. Last week, however, he forwarded me an email from his brother (also his best man) with some information I needed for wedding planning, but the email was part of a much larger running conversation. I was mortified when I read his real reason for not wanting a son is that my “Asian genes” would mean his son would have a “small package!” My brother was bullied by jocks using this idiotic stereotype in high school so I was incredibly angered, but I haven’t said anything about what I read yet. He has begun asking why I am so distant lately, but I have no idea how to confront him!

A: I can understand why you have no idea how to speak to him about it, because finding out your almost-husband is a racist who’s bizarrely fixated on the size of his hypothetical son’s dick has got to be jarring and shocking for you (not to mention the fact that he’s dumb enough to forward you an email about it). I imagine that, were you to bring this up to him, he will likely sputter and try to explain why you’re overreacting, or that what he said wasn’t that bad, or that he’s not “really like that.” He is really like that. That’s why he said it. Is there an answer he could give you that would make what he said seem reasonable, kind, loving, intelligent, or in any way acceptable? I certainly can’t think of one.

He has given you a valuable insight into his character, how he sees the world, how he assigns value to people based on race, and how he sees any future children the two of you might have together. If what you saw doesn’t seem like something you want for yourself or for any children you may someday have, I think you should consider yourself lucky you got to see this before you married him, and call it off.