Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

*Han shoots Greedo and walks away.*

*A waitress (from a waitress planet) bring two glasses of Ol' Maclunkey to the table.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Applewhite posted:

News from the front:

I was just on a United Airlines flight and the aircraft safety video was a cross-promotion for Episode IX and featured R2D2 and C3PO reminding me to keep my seatbelt fastened at all times while seated and I’m very much done with Star Wars and consumer society.

This is seriously some Jennifer Government poo poo.

Home Depot was trying to sell refrigerators what Star wars poo poo branded on them lmfao it never ends.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
If you watch it again I think you'll find that Greedo is actually yelling "Mclusky!" .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6B9zofpXo

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Huh, I just rewatched that old making of Star Wars documentary from the 80s ("From Star Wars to Jedi") for the first time since I was a kid (if you haven't seen it it's worth a watch, especially the parts about making the creatures) and they talked about something that I must have forgotten. That being that Leia being Luke's sister was basically something they ended up throwing in there because they began filming/planning out the Luke and Vader fight in Jedi with placeholder dialogue about Vader saying something that makes Luke so angry that he tries to kill Vader and they landed on Leia being Luke's sister because that was really the only way they could get it to work. Don't quite know what to think about that, it's kind of writing the whole thing backwards and a result of planning out a scene, which turned out to be great, that wasn't quite internally consistent with the motivations of the characters so they had to rewrite other stuff and characters in the movie in order to kind of make it work.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Nov 15, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vader should have just told Luke he had a bad dream last night

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Vader should have just told Luke “Maclunkey” and the Luke gets mad and starts wailing on him.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
McClunky is basically the n-word of the far away galaxy, you bantha poodle

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

poisonpill posted:

Vader should have just told Luke “Maclunkey” and the Luke gets mad and starts wailing on him.

I'd like to see that edit.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Just replace every line in the movies with maclunkey.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Colonel Cancer posted:

McClunky is basically the n-word of the far away galaxy, you bantha poodle

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you can’t be racist against fictional characters, then prove it: call Mace Windu maclunkey

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope a Hamill drinks milk at some people

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Mandalorian Ep1 spoiler

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Chrs posted:

Mandalorian Ep1 spoiler

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chrs posted:

Mandalorian Ep1 spoiler

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Oh god I can't stop please send h-

Quentin Tarantino posted:

Vincent : And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules : They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent : No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the gently caress a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules : Then what do they call it?
Vincent : Maclunkey.

Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT!?
Brett: Yes!!
Jules: THEN YOU KNOW WHAT I’M SAYING!
Brett: Yes..!
Jules: DESCRIBE WHAT MARSELLUS WALLACE “LOOKS” LIKE!!!
Brett: Wha-what I—?
Jules: [points gun directly in Brett's face] SAY "WHAT" AGAIN! SAY "WHAT" AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE-DARE YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!! SAY "WHAT" ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!!!!
Brett: H-H-He's black...
Jules: GO ON!
Brett: ...He's bald...!
Jules: Does he look like Maclunkey?!

Jules : You read the Bible, Brett?
Brett : Yes.
Jules : Well, there's this passage I got memorized, sorta fits the occasion. "Ezekiel 25:17". "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of cherish and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is Maclunkey."

I can't see. My eyes hurt so bad. I hate all of you.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Alright folks take it easy with the maclunkey

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

is maclunkey a ploy to distract from the censor explosion they added?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Saint Drogo posted:

is maclunkey a ploy to distract from the censor explosion they added?

It's a ploy to get people talking about how you can watch Star Wars on Disney's brand new streaming service.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The 14 Fists of Maclunkey

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

lol the showrunners were vacilitating between a practical puppet and CGI for baby yoda, and for the scene Herzog shot with the puppet they were going to take it away and do a clean plate take, and he called them "cowards" for not trusting their practical effect and said to leave it.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

lol the showrunners were vacilitating between a practical puppet and CGI for baby yoda, and for the scene Herzog shot with the puppet they were going to take it away and do a clean plate take, and he called them "cowards" for not trusting their practical effect and said to leave it.

Lol that's fantastic if true

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i cannot stress enough how stupid of an idea baby yoda is

star wars should have died in '83

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm not going to convince anyone in the star war mock thread to believe me but the show is probably the best star war thing in a long time at least going by the first couple eps. If the quality sustains maybe the best thing since 83 no poo poo.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

This is the easiest place to sell on that because all we do is talk about how low the bar is

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'm not going to convince anyone in the star war mock thread to believe me but the show is probably the best star war thing in a long time at least going by the first couple eps. If the quality sustains maybe the best thing since 83 no poo poo.

please don't make me pirate disney poo poo that's garbage to prove you wrong
or worse be an adult about it and huph and puph about it even worse. Just fess up and tell me it's garbage bullshit for idiots.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's garbage bullshit, Big Beef City.

It is for idiots.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

please don't make me pirate disney poo poo that's garbage to prove you wrong
or worse be an adult about it and huph and puph about it even worse. Just fess up and tell me it's garbage bullshit for idiots.

Not Fett's ship gets parted out and hauled off by Jawas in the second ep and everything about it from him furiously disintegrating them with his space rifle to him climbing the side of their escaping sand crawler and hurling them onto the ground is just delightful.

Also Werner Herzog menacingly delivering space nonsense might be the best Star Wars villain since Vader.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

RaySmuckles posted:

There's going to be a Force Poop joke in an episode.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
my pants, i have pooped

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RaySmuckles posted:

star wars should have died in '83

i always assumed Yodas race looked mostly like normal humans. the reason he is small and wrinkly looking is because he is so old. why would a baby yoda-species look like a 900 year old man :confused:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
nvm

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 15, 2019

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I haven't watched the second episode yet of the Mandalorian yet, but the first episode is the best thing since Jedi* (a low bar, I know)

*not counting the Thrawn novels and maybe the Tartakovsky shorts

also

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you are going count Thrawn novels you should count KOTOR, Tie Fighter, and Jedi Academy3: Jedi Knight 4: Dark Forces 5

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Disney+ keeps loving up so not watched episode 2 yet. Anyone here playing Jedi Fallen Order? It’s like Uncharted but Star Wars

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you are going count Thrawn novels you should count KOTOR, Tie Fighter, and Jedi Academy3: Jedi Knight 4: Dark Forces 5

I only played like one of those but also yes from what I hear on the streets (the Star Wars streets)

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Chrs posted:

Disney+ keeps loving up so not watched episode 2 yet. Anyone here playing Jedi Fallen Order? It’s like Uncharted but Star Wars

It's like uncharted meets dark souls, but yeah. As a fan of the souls style games I'm enjoying it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chrs posted:

UnCharWarts

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Holy poo poo Herzog actually called the director a coward for not trusting in his special effects, it's true and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kazak posted:

Holy poo poo Herzog actually called the director a coward for not trusting in his special effects, it's true and I love it.

Herzog had a famously disastrous production back in the day that was due in part to his admant refusal to do anything but practical effects.