Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I could not be less surprised by the length of that post after the nice guy intro, woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"As a nice guy, I..."

*Reserves second post in case OP hits character limit.*

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I don't think these nice guys are very nice at all!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Who are all these dudes who apparently never got told to wash they rear end??

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Xenocides posted:

A Nice Guy Succeeds!!!!! And it goes about as well as you would expect:

Me [20M] with my [20F] girlfriend for a year. I don't feel like a boyfriend anymore. I feel like a stuffed animal.

It seems to me as if the time she began taking her anti-anxiety meds corresponds with the time when we began to have sex significantly less and less. I've asked her to talk to her Gyno about the first one, but I wouldn't ever ask her to stop taking the meds she has for her mental health. She won't make an appointment with her gyno, but she did run out of BC a couple weeks ago, so we'll see if that helps. I'm fine with condoms, but she uses BC to regulate extreme periods.

First of all, you're 20. Go work on yourself and have some fun, instead of speedrunning a dead marriage.

Secondly, your girlfriend's sexual desire has likely been nuked from orbit by that cocktail of medications on top of a pre-existing hormonal issue. Please continue to bathe and wash your clothes for everyone's sake, but cleaning up and losing weight isn't going to fix your problems, if she's unwilling to sort her meds out.

Those types of meds can mess with your sexual function in ways you wouldn't expect.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
That whole story reminds me of the thing about nice guys just trying to put in kindness coins into the machine until sex falls out, except this time, the sex got stuck on the lid of one of those cup noodle things on the bottom row. Now there's a tremendous fat man rocking the machine back and forth screaming "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME!"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That whole story reminds me of the thing about nice guys just trying to put in kindness coins into the machine until sex falls out, except this time, the sex got stuck on the lid of one of those cup noodle things on the bottom row. Now there's a tremendous fat man rocking the machine back and forth screaming "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME!"

lmao this is actually an A+ analogy

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Clitch posted:

First of all, you're 20. Go work on yourself and have some fun, instead of speedrunning a dead marriage.

Secondly, your girlfriend's sexual desire has likely been nuked from orbit by that cocktail of medications on top of a pre-existing hormonal issue. Please continue to bathe and wash your clothes for everyone's sake, but cleaning up and losing weight isn't going to fix your problems, if she's unwilling to sort her meds out.

Those types of meds can mess with your sexual function in ways you wouldn't expect.

Sorting out those meds won't do anything about him being a stinky and dirty obese guy. Women don't generally find that sexy.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I (20f) have become friends with my stepmom (25f) rather than seeing her as a parent. My dad (41m) is upset about that.

quote:

My dad is in his early 40s and his new wife is in her mid 20s. I'm a college student living at home.

I'm pretty sure she got accidentally pregnant from a fling, and that's how they ended up marrying. I've never had that outright confirmed but that's what I suspect. It felt super weird at first; she's closer to my age then my dad's.

I kept my distance at first, even when she moved in, I was just trying to ignore the weirdness. But over time, I got to know her. She seemed lonely, sad that she and I didn't have more of a relationship, she obviously missed her friends who she moved away from.

So I asked my friends in college if it would be weird to invite her out; I thought she might appreciate some time where she didn't have to be "Mommy" to a baby and could just hang out with other adults. They said it was worth a try.

So, I invited her to a party. It was a mix of undergrad and grad school students, plus a few recent alumni. And it was a great time.

We both got quite drunk at that party and had one of our realest talks, she opened up about not feeling ready for motherhood. Wanting to get along with me but not knowing how to approach it because it's not like sure could be a parent to me like she could be to a small kid, but she still wanted us to be family, of a sort. Turns out, we both feel weird about having a stepmom/stepchild relationship because we're close in age, but we both wanted to support each other as family anyway.

And after that party, we got closer. I invited her out to more stuff, she made friends with some of my friends. We've even gotten to a point where we sarcastically call each other stuff like "moooom" and "ungrateful child" when we're poking fun at each other.

But I guess our friendship and the stuff we do together is making some stress in the relationship between her and my dad. I don't know too many details, but I've overheard and picked up on some stuff. He's mad she's drinking and smoking weed when she's breastfeeding later. He's not happy she's going out so much and leaving him with the baby. She's not happy he seems to want her to do most of the parenting stuff.

My dad say me down and had a talk with me yesterday, saying that she's a mother now, I can't just invite her to party with my college friends. She's not a carefree student, they're trying to build a life together, and I need to treat her like a mother of a baby, not a party friend.

I said my friends do a lot more than party, and it's insulting to say otherwise. He got frustrated with me for missing the point.

Anyway, I don't think she and I did anything wrong. Just trying to make the best of a weird situation. But my dad obviously thinks differently. And the whole thing is so weird I don't know what's normal, or the right way to navigate it

TLDR - I'm relating to my dad's new wife like a friend rather than a mom. Not sure if I'm making a mistake.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
LOL I mean the age difference there between dad and the new "stepmom" plus him getting pissy about this means the dad is 100% an rear end in a top hat and the OP should just ignore anything that dickhead says

he's just mad because he doesn't get to use his new young wife as a full-time live-in maid and childrearer because she's made some friends

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
The fact that he expects his kid to control what his wife does says a lot about the situation too.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
she shouldn't be smoking/drinking if she's breastfeeding, but endless lmao at trying to pressure your college age daughter to stop partying with your college age wife because you want the mid 20s mom to settle down and act like she's in her 40s asap

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Daughter should go even further, make the relationship sexual

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

luxury handset posted:

she shouldn't be smoking/drinking if she's breastfeeding, but endless lmao at trying to pressure your college age daughter to stop partying with your college age wife because you want the mid 20s mom to settle down and act like she's in her 40s asap

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Licarn posted:

I (20f) have become friends with my stepmom (25f) rather than seeing her as a parent. My dad (41m) is upset about that.

Too bad about this one. Daughter might have been able to prevent all this if she'd been involved sooner. Now the kid is already born so welp, ya'll hosed up good luck with that.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

And after the first time sex came out, he slammed that coin return and never looked back.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

McSpanky posted:

Daughter should go even further, make the relationship sexual

stepmom should leave creepy father for daughter and they can raise their daughter/step-daughter+half-sister together

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Chomp8645 posted:

Too bad about this one. Daughter might have been able to prevent all this if she'd been involved sooner. Now the kid is already born so welp, ya'll hosed up good luck with that.

It sounds like the kid was the reason there's a relationship in the first place (ugh) so there may have not ever been a soon enough to prevent it. They hosed up big time for sure though

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
help, i've knocked up a co-ed and she won't spend her saturday evenings feeding me soup and driving me in my minivan to go buy orthopedic shoes at the outlet mall! i've convinced her to marry me, and i need to make her regret this decision as soon as possible. i've got relationships with two children riding on this. advice?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

datajugend posted:

Its off to the lasagna factory for you grandma

SOYLENT LASAGNA IS GRRAANNDDMMMAAA :byodood:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
quote =/= edit

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

:chanpop: :five:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Xenocides posted:

“Stop using those crutches! It makes you less of a man.”

“Maybe you should not have taken a sledgehammer to my leg?”

it was one little mistake, christ. are you gonna keep throwing this in my face for the rest of my life??

mind the walrus posted:

I have never heard of a deviated septum inhibiting smell.

Even so, you would think that basic hygiene would cover all but truly foul body odor.

Nah I have one, and my sense of smell is better than anyone I know. Not saying it's impossible but I've never noticed any effect on my sense of smell

luxury handset posted:

this guy sleeps 2/3 of the day and she has to convince him to sleep in a bed? where does he sleep then, in the laundry?

On the couch, which I get the feeling he is rapidly becoming too large to leave.

Just a fat lazy piece of poo poo who is constantly chainsmoking inside, setting fire to things, snoring, stuffing his face, whining about his girlfriend who works and does everything for him whenever she leaves the couch while he's sleeping, etc. What a catch.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Leon Einstein posted:

Sorting out those meds won't do anything about him being a stinky and dirty obese guy. Women don't generally find that sexy.

I keep my posts short in this thread on purpose, and you still can't get all the way through one before mashing reply to toss in your reheated take.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My girlfriend went vegan and started doing more exercise for me but it didn't work so well after all.

quote:

I (23 M) I grew up in a vegan family with a big passion for fit life, and now I keep it even if I no longer live with my parents.

Nine months ago I met a wonderful girl (23 F) and I fell completely in love with her, the only one problem was that she liked to eat meat.

When she lived in her mom's home her fridge was full of animal products and even though it didn't bother me that she consumed them, the smell and knowing that they came from animals hurt me morally. We moved later to my apartment and one day, the subject of veganism and healthy life came up. I was honest with my beautiful girlfriend, she said that for me she would go vegan and do more exercise.

The next day I told her to get rid of all animal products. Instead of cow milk I started buying soy and oat milk, Wholemeal pasta, vegan burgers... Swap all bath gels and shampoos for all-natural ingredients. I cooked her one of my favorite vegan plates. I taught her some yoga poses and we started running every morning early. Everything worked so good until some weeks later she started losing a lot of weight and feeling weak.

She is naturally slim but I noticed that she looked more tiny, also when she came from her part time job as waitress she jumped direct to the bed to sleep saying she was feeling very exhausted.

I took her to a doctor and he said that the fast change in her diet, the steatical calorie intake and all the exercise was the responsible of her tiredness and weight loss.

Now I feel like I am a total rear end in a top hat because all of this was my idea and I put her pressure... She's not mad at me but she's thinking about eating meat again...

Should I let her eat meat again or do some changes in our diet plan (more portions, less exercise...)?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lucrece posted:

My girlfriend went vegan and started doing more exercise for me but it didn't work so well after all.

Feed her bits of yourself. Its ethical meat if its willing.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Vegan diet doesn't make you lose weight, calorie deficit does. Just eat more :shrug:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
maybe hurting him morally is her kink

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuarkJets posted:

They were clearly both assholes, I agree with all of that. So what's your problem?

The implication I got from the post was that he "deserved" it. You know?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lucrece posted:

Wondering if the "decision" for her to become a vegan was really as simple and hassle free as he portrayed it here. Because here it seems like she suggested it and was fully willing, but from the shame he's feeling it seems more likely that he guilted her into it somehow

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Who are all these dudes who apparently never got told to wash they rear end??

Not my son, that's for sure. When I gave my son the bees & the bees talk I was very explicit about anal hygiene.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Lucrece posted:

Eat the vegan boyfriend.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

cumshitter posted:

Not my son, that's for sure. When I gave my son the bees & the bees talk I was very explicit about anal hygiene.

oh put a cork in it!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Xenocides posted:

A Nice Guy Succeeds!!!!! And it goes about as well as you would expect:

[b]Me [20M] with my [20F] girlfriend for a year. I don't feel like a boyfriend anymore. I feel like a

I try to explain to her that this isn't just something I want, it's something I need, and that getting rejected like this is killing me. 

That's not what's killing you lol

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Play posted:

Wondering if the "decision" for her to become a vegan was really as simple and hassle free as he portrayed it here. Because here it seems like she suggested it and was fully willing, but from the shame he's feeling it seems more likely that he guilted her into it somehow
She probably suggested it, thinking she'd do vegeterian first and ease into it and start with slow exercise regimen, and he went all out and guilted her into changing not only her diet but everything about her life.

quote:

she said that for me she would go vegan and do more exercise.

The next day I told her to get rid of all animal products. Instead of cow milk I started buying soy and oat milk, Wholemeal pasta, vegan burgers... Swap all bath gels and shampoos for all-natural ingredients. I cooked her one of my favorite vegan plates. I taught her some yoga poses and we started running every morning early.
She gave him an inch and he took everything.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

She gave him an inch and he took everything.

This is like me and my ex wife but in reverse.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk a guy who sleeps 17 hours a day and has no job but also fucks sounds like some kind of an achievement

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk a guy who sleeps 17 hours a day and has no job but also fucks sounds like some kind of an achievement

Reminds me of that guy who had no specific duties but just got paid forever

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Reminds me of that guy who had no specific duties but just got paid forever

The entire Canadian senate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Beautiful.

Licarn posted:

stepmom should leave creepy father for daughter and they can raise their daughter/step-daughter+half-sister together

Probably easier just to say which one is the biological mom and leave it at that to avoid very awkward conversations. Or just lean into it and when asked start with: “Well, first she was my mom but then we hooked up when she divorced my dad.”