Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Starship Troopers is loving god-tier and I'll flatten anyone who disagrees. Would you like to know more, punk? Huh? Wouldja?

The book was good, too, they're just extremely different pieces of media on almost every level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That old BYOB (I think) Let's Watch Starship Troopers thread was hilarious.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Mr. Krabs filling a cushy as gently caress billet pushing boots during wartime, but he just wanted to kill bugs so fuckin bad he made Uncle Hank bust his rear end to private so he could catch the brain.
Best movie.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

e: wrong thread but it's still good

Inceltown has a new favorite as of 07:28 on Feb 2, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

once you get under 1% you just use basis points.

animist posted:

the BAC increased 3 points today, stirring fears of a lapsed recovery after a shaky summer

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
My bold:

Bust Rodd posted:

Forum: RSF Subforum

Issue: I was autobanned and do not understand why, cannot contact or PM anyone about it, and unbanning my account removed all my upgrades

Explanation - 3 days ago I was attempting to post a Mark Hamill is cool thread in the Star Wars Subforum and the thread I started was instantly gas chambered and I was autobanned by Radium. My Rap Sheet just says "Breaking the rules with a loving awesome thread" but I have reread the Star Wars forum rules and don't understand what rule I broke. I have restored my account with another $10 and cannot figure out what happened or why I was banned. When I went to ask about it, Radium has no contact info and the two admins listed (Garbage Day and Doc evil) did not respond. The thread did not seem any lower content than the existing "Adam Driver" thread and contained no bad words or uncomfortable language I have also discovered that despite paying for reactivating my account, I have lost all my forums account upgrades and cannot send PMs.

I would please like to know A) why was I banned and for what reason so I know not to do it again and B) why does it say that Reactivating my account with "Fully Restore it" when I've lost all the stuff I've purchased over the years to support SA and Lowtax. I had No Ads, Platinum, and Archives upgrades but Archives is the only one still active, Platinum and No Ads have been deactivated and I lost my Avatar.

In the decade+ that I've been posting here I've never been banned and whenever I've been probed for non-joke reasons I take those punishments to heart and don't post those words and if people are upset with the way that I post I do tend to go back and edit out mean or vitriolic responses. Please help me understand why I was banned and how to prevent it in the future, and please either restore my Avatar and paid upgrades or explain to me why Archives was restored but my other upgrades were not.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

quote:

There have been 17310 posts made by Bust Rodd, an average of 4.20 posts per day, since registering on Oct 21, 2008.

How does one post 4.20 times per day (nice) for over eleven years and not know what autobanning is or that radium is long gone or who the current admins are?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Dameius posted:

That old BYOB (I think) Let's Watch Starship Troopers thread was hilarious.

That, Willow, and Robot Jox were awesome. I think Piperifle is still around but the threads were lost to the imgurhole.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DontMockMySmock posted:

How does one post 4.20 times per day (nice) for over eleven years and not know what autobanning is or that radium is long gone or who the current admins are?

He might be making a joke, op.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

He might be making a joke, op.

It was at least a 25 dollar joke, between reregging+losing plat+losing their av.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was at least a 25 dollar joke, between reregging+losing plat+losing their av.
Do new users not get a free av while signing up, like during the process there would be a box of "Place avatar image here"

I just assumed people with stupid newbie avs just glossed over that part and signed up without looking.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You can put in text for free when you reg, but you gotta pay for the av.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CannonFodder posted:

Do new users not get a free av while signing up, like during the process there would be a box of "Place avatar image here"

I just assumed people with stupid newbie avs just glossed over that part and signed up without looking.

That's how it worked when I made an account 14 years ago.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I did the reg process up to the credit card confirmation and didn’t see any option for an included av.

And regardless of that, pretty sure he had a cup head av, so that definitely didn’t come with an account he registered in 2008.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
yeah the reflexive ban was hilarious when we were teenagers trying to jockey for social status but now it just kinda feels pointless.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yeah the reflexive ban was hilarious when we were teenagers trying to jockey for social status but now it just kinda feels pointless.
This but the drunk posting rule.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Alhazred posted:

What went wrong is that even though Trump is obviously guilty the republicans will do anything to remain power. Including keeping that assclown in office.

skeleton warrior posted:

I’m receiving reporting from Earth-2, where they made the impeachment investigation in the House more deliberate and waited for the courts to reject all of their subpoenas, and apparently Ramirez has just come out with a cartoon saying that if the Democrats actually thought Trump was a danger to the office, they’d be going much much faster, so it’s all obviously a sham

Edit: also, apparently the term “hoofer mama” is a thing there, and I don’t get it

Edit2: okay its a dog meme thing, Twitter is just as hosed up over there

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I did the reg process up to the credit card confirmation and didn’t see any option for an included av.

And regardless of that, pretty sure he had a cup head av, so that definitely didn’t come with an account he registered in 2008.

2008 had a weird point in time when if you didn't buy one, you just got nothing, not even the stupid newbie. They definitely weren't free, I know that. It's how I went 11 years without an av. :shrug:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JacquelineDempsey posted:

2008 had a weird point in time when if you didn't buy one, you just got nothing, not even the stupid newbie. They definitely weren't free, I know that. It's how I went 11 years without an av. :shrug:

2010 was the same way, I didn’t have any av at all til like 2018.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

:regd09: didn't get the newbie av either.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

2010 was the same way, I didn’t have any av at all til like 2018.

They must have fixed it in late 2010; I definitely got a free av as part of :regd11:.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Pretty sure there was one time where if you put in your title text when you registered, you didn't get the Stupid Newbie Av.

E:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=454

quote:

Posted by Lollerich on October 25, 2005

At registration you can either specify an avatar or custom title.

If you just fill out the custom title, you get the custom title but no avatar.
If you just fill out the avatar information you get the avatar but no custom title.
If you leave both blank you get the stupid newbie avatar.

Posted by m2pt5 on October 25, 2005

It may have been possible to specify an avatar upon registration in the past, but currently the only option is to specify a custom title. If you do not, you get the "stupid newbie" avatar.

Shut up Meg has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Feb 2, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I paid for my first avatar :shrug:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

that's Mr. Bust Rodd, aka Rust Bodd aka Stub Rodd, he's very stupid and has bad opinions about games and gets mad when you type his name wrong for reasons. I can absolutely see him autobanning and getting surprised and mad about it

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got neither a Stupid Newbie av nor a free text thing when I signed up. :shrug:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It seems like all the cats are trying to gently caress Victoria or seduce her all the time. Nothing ever gels. The elements of the film Sit on top of each other like strata of filth. The horniness isn’t part of the story it’s this just terrible disconnected element that accompanies the other things like how the words and actions often seem at odds. The Naming of Cats takes place in a cemetery and instead of cats being spooky to the audience it’s all the cats treating her like a swinger cult that just tricked a nice sheltered girl to their sex party.

Rebel Wilson just blasting her splayed cervix at the screen like some hellish gynecologist appointment. The mice children are more disturbing each time. She eats babies. She calls the child-mice “dinner and a show”. In her song alone she manages to be a thousand Jar Jar’s in ever second. She makes the racist robots in Transformers 2 seem endearing. The roaches. The roaches. Her skin. She kicks the cake. Feasting on them. Horrifying. It really is one of the most terrible things ever released on film.

There’s so much work work and creativity in the terrible movie. Its amazing how every. Single. Joke. Fails. 100%.

The pet where Rum Tum Tigher is about to suck Victoria’s toes. The milk. The spurting milk.

I still hate James Corden I want him destroyed. The trash orgy. Jesus. Jesus Christ why? The visuals and music are disagreeing. Or they don’t even seem to be in the same room even. Why do they interrupt the song every few seconds for another nightmare? Who the gently caress is Tom Hooper? What is wrong with his brain? This was all intentional. They didn’t just accidentally create this entire horrible trash eating orgy of fat jokes and nut shots and filth.

Mungojerry and Rumpleteezer have an incredibly skeevy vibe they can’t shake it. This movie is like a bad dream where you’re at an endless kink meetup your never want to get into and trying to escape each door just leads to another bunch of LARPers in bondage gear trying to some scold you into polyamory.

The dancing is great.

Idris Elba disappearing with a MEOW cracks me up still.

And then I wandered off.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

This is all true and I’ve never been happier to see something on a big screen.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This was my exact experience.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i cannot find the pick quote describing being present for the exact cultural moment that is cats, where she said it was like when she was in the cafeteria on some remote workstation eating "peanut noodle", which was just wet noodles with peanut sauce, and a dolorous voice over the loudspeaker announced to all on site that michael jackson had just died

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

That explains my lack, then. I was mildly curious why seemingly everyone but me had gotten stupid newbies.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FAUXTON posted:

The real hackathon starts when the saudis don't get the promised roi

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
On the efficacy and potential danger of xenomorphic bio-weapons:

Imagined posted:

Destroying all life on Earth doesn't stop greedy money grubbing assholes from being greedy money grubbing assholes now. Why would the future be any different?

That Italian Guy posted:

Cause the only place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism is space, duh.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Elon Musk: the gently caress it hasn't (makes it rain microsats selling internet access to dipshit, exclusively on the faces of cranky astronomers)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

You don't know how badly I want this to be Willem Defoe. Please say that it is, even if it means lying to me.

Phy posted:

He's smiling, it's Willem Dafriend

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This was my exact experience.

Trevor Hale posted:

This is all true and I’ve never been happier to see something on a big screen.
loving same, and I loved it. I haven't had that much fun in a theater, like, ever. It was like the movie was holding me down and giving my brain one long nonstop titty twister

e: Macavity was the best goddamn part of the movie. Disappearing with a MEOW (and at another point, a "Macavity!") still cracks me up too

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know I'm not supposed to kinkshame but....

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I got put in Twitter jail again for tweeting naked melania pics at everyone complaining about the SB half time

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

LimburgLimbo posted:

Is there any event no matter how tragic that SA hasn’t immediately made jokes about

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I think we gave 9/11 a solid 2 hours before anyone put it to Yakety Sax.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

loving same, and I loved it. I haven't had that much fun in a theater, like, ever. It was like the movie was holding me down and giving my brain one long nonstop titty twister

e: Macavity was the best goddamn part of the movie. Disappearing with a MEOW (and at another point, a "Macavity!") still cracks me up too
My favourite part was when Ian McKellen said "Meow meow meow meow". Well, either that or the bit where Judi Dench suddenly and completely unexpectedly addressed the audience directly to very seriously remind us that cats are not dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hallelujah posted:

i cannot find the pick quote describing being present for the exact cultural moment that is cats, where she said it was like when she was in the cafeteria on some remote workstation eating "peanut noodle", which was just wet noodles with peanut sauce, and a dolorous voice over the loudspeaker announced to all on site that michael jackson had just died

Pick posted:

It is like the time that I was working at a remote research site out in the sticks and it was the day when they fed us "peanut noodle" which was just wet noodles with peanut butter on it, and a dolorous voice carried over the station loudspeakers and throughout the woods to inform us that Michael Jackson had died