Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Stefan Prodan posted:

went to publix two days ago: only me and one other person wearing a mask, no employees wearing masks or gloves

went to H mart today: all employees and all customers except a few white people wearing masks and gloves, with fiberglass panes installed to protect you from the breath of the cashier since you can't really avoid getting near them. everyone tried to max distance from each other except for the white people

kill whitey

H Mart just down the street from me. Been a while since I shopped there was curious the conditions there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Rashaverak posted:

I am so loving gassy from all these beans. I thought I was supposed to get used to this, jesus... I'm going to be celibate by the time this is over if I keep eating beans. My wife will leave me.

Also Texas isn't letting me recert my 18 months expired paramedic so I can't join the fun yet. Maybe they'll let me soon...

apparently you can reduce gas with baking soda, pressure cooking, soaking, or epazote

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/degassing-beans/

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

D1E posted:

It's actually kind of hilarious that instead of primarily killing boomers in America it's killing younger people.

YRYMP

1) No, it's still primarily killing Boomers and Silents.
2) The media is hyping up COVID-19 as a Millennial/Zoomer Remover because kids still think that it's not going to affect them and go out & gently caress around and spread it like assholes. I think there might also be some anti-Millennial bias in there among the more rightist press, but for the most part, it's inforunners trying to scare youths into taking things seriously by exaggerating how badly the under-30 crowd has it (i.e. not anywhere near as badly as the over-30 crowd).
3) We're not counting nursing homes. We're severely undercounting the death rate. We're probably already at 2,000 dead a day easily, with a full extra thousand entirely being aging Boomers and Silents.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
The public sentiment is starting to turn against golf on The Villages forums. This is like the waffle House index for boomers. poo poo's getting real.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

tsunami footage/stories are one of those rare things that stuck with me and hosed me up

people running onto the empty beach then welp, guess what ocean's back and the height of buildings now

this one guy told the story of him and his wife getting thrown around inside a building like a washing machine, he lost his grip and never saw her again :(

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Sorry zoomers Karen is in Heaven with baby Jesus and all the angels

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

hoarding update. all the tortillas are gone. every single package of 'tillas. not the tostadas, though, plenty of them left. I guess white people don't eat those. do even Mexicans eat store bought tostadas? mysteries.

buy some masa and make your own. you got time!

Gripweed posted:

Did we ever reach a decision on whether or not it was OK to wish for a politician to die of coronavirus?

if it were to theoretically happen to pelosi on or before august 27th, then it would be dsa member shahid buttar vs. a republican in the general, if it happened on august 28th or later, then her name would remain on the ballot and the governor would get to appoint a replacement and then there'd be a special election in 2021

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Civilized Fishbot posted:

You don't use two tortillas for each of your tacos? Freak

Double decker tacos are legit good.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Taco is a single unit of carb

Sandwich is two+ separate units of carb

pancakes are a taco

poptarts are sandwiches

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dog Toothbrush posted:

for real though why is taiwan so loving awesome and china so... the way it is

if you are integral to US foreign policy u get to be part of the good countries

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Yuli Ban posted:

2) The media is hyping up COVID-19 as a Millennial/Zoomer Remover because kids still think that it's not going to affect them and go out & gently caress around and spread it like assholes. I think there might also be some anti-Millennial bias in there among the more rightist press, but for the most part, it's inforunners trying to scare youths into taking things seriously by exaggerating how badly the under-30 crowd has it (i.e. not anywhere near as badly as the over-30 crowd).

the people i've seen taking this the least seriously are teens and seniors. just wandering aimlessly like nothing's wrong. perhaps neither are afraid of death, for different reasons

Morbus posted:

pancakes are a taco

poptarts are sandwiches

crab is rock with meat inside

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Yuli Ban posted:

3) We're not counting nursing homes. We're severely undercounting the death rate. We're probably already at 2,000 dead a day easily, with a full extra thousand entirely being aging Boomers and Silents.

OK then it's hilarious that it's still mostly killing boomers.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

how long do i have to soak beans before i can make them into a corvid mask so i can go to costco and slowly hobble through the aisles looking for nothing in particular

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Shipon posted:

i remember back in the early obama years before obamacare passed people comparing different healthcare systems and taiwan being pointed out as basically the best of all worlds

it certainly seems so now, for sure

Taiwan's healthcare is consistently rated among the highest in the world; not without issues, just like anywhere, but really, really good. In this case though preventing spread of COVID was really the result of well-run bureaucracy and government more than healthcare per se (depending how you demarcate things). Taiwan was taking action when there were literally still just *rumors* of a disease in Wuhan.

There's a number of articles on exactly what Taiwan did and I absolutely recommend everyone read them for a picture of what actual competence is.

Ardennes posted:

It is also how the Cold War worked out and the ROC/Taiwan was unofficially part of the American economic/security umbrella like SK/Japan this included preferential treatment in trade from the 1970s onward.

Also, in Taiwan, there was a quasi-fascist mass murder of the left-wing during the 1950s and it only had free elections in 1996 after decades of KMT rule.

American leftists are completely morons.

Arguably you can even go back as far as the Japanese colonial era; it was Japan's first colony, and in 1895 back when the Japanese Empire were just normal colonial-era bastards, before the military extremists really took over and they went real batshit crazy from ~1920 or so and on. Back then they were determined to show they were better than the Westerners at the colonialism that was in vogue at the time and they legitimately poured a lot of resources and effort into building up the infrastructure which is why despite being so remote it was actually much more developed than it would otherwise have been when the KMT took over, and the KMT basically just inherited fully developed industries instead of having to build poo poo from scratch.

sullat posted:

Also they killed a bunch of native Taiwanese who were like, hey, who are these fuckers and why are they in charge? The answer of course was that they had guns and American money.

The native Taiwanese weren't exactly surprised and had already been under Japanese rule for a long time (also when you say "native" in the case of Taiwan you really need make clear if you're talking about the Han Chinese that moved there and had been around for a few generations or the aboriginal population). The KMT were in fact generally regarded in many ways as worse than the Japanese (the Japanese were, again, typical colonial bastards of the era but courted the Han Chinese populace pretty well, and kept their worst killings to the Aboriginals by and large) when they took over, and it's one reason Japan and the colonial era has never been seen as negatively as it is in mainland China.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
seeing a billion americans drop dead in the coming months sure is gonna be entertaining, heres to hoping one of them aint me :pray:

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Yuli Ban posted:

reading those closely is hilarious. it's always,

*statistic from china/italy/whereever

*different statistic that sounds similar from the us which is higher than previous statistic

like they will say, 15% of people 30-49 had to go to the hospital in china. in the us, 20% of hospitalized people are 30-55

of course the virus is very dangerous to young adults, but it gets more and more dangerous the older you get

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Morbus posted:

pancakes are a taco

poptarts are sandwiches
poptarts are ravioli

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

seeing a billion americans drop dead in the coming months sure is gonna be entertaining, heres to hoping one of them aint me :pray:

We’re going to make it and attain sweet trump gay space communism my goon friend

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Stefan Prodan posted:

went to publix two days ago: only me and one other person wearing a mask, no employees wearing masks or gloves

went to H mart today: all employees and all customers except a few white people wearing masks and gloves, with fiberglass panes installed to protect you from the breath of the cashier since you can't really avoid getting near them. everyone tried to max distance from each other except for the white people

kill whitey

the difference between stores that took cares of things (shields, disinfectant, markers on the floor to triple emphasize distance, controlled flow of traffic etc) is so loving stark compared to places that still haven't even given their checkout people a tub of hand sanitizer. and maybe some tape on the floor at best that people waiting dont take notice of

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ardennes posted:

They are going to move it up after the market eventually tanks. The fact they are talking about late April means they think they got this.

but then they'll have to cut their vacations short, won't you please stop being selfish and let them enjoy one month away from washington

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

we're gonna need a corvid memorial site rip

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lambert posted:

Gun ownership absolute does have plenty to do with police violence, we're not stupid.

Jesus Christ what the gently caress is this bullshit - c-spam is supposed to be a safe space for people who aren’t imbeciles - I don’t come here to get triggered

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

d&d isnt sending their best

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/keichannooekaki/status/1245664426050473984?s=21

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

just lol if you haven't switched to a routine of 3hrs cardio every day in a futile attempt to bolster your own mortality like a training montage where the only enemy is your own messy death as a historic footnote

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

gun ownership as it stands in the US has been inextricably linked to settler colonialism and the policing of black bodies and the enforcement of the color line. for a large part, it still is (most gun owners, especialyl the ones who spend a lot on guns and ammunition, are chuds).

doesn't mean you shouldn't own a gun lol

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
some HATER right now: why do you keep playing that song?
me: internet reasons!:

Corona, she's a sensation
Infecting every nation
And fellas, you got to watch it
When she wind up, the r0
It go up like a rocket

Ok, I believe you!
(Jump in the line, hope they vent you in time)

Cough, cough, cough Corona
Coughing all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QooqZkNk8Bw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

speng31b posted:

just lol if you haven't switched to a routine of 3hrs cardio every day in a futile attempt to bolster your own mortality like a training montage where the only enemy is your own messy death as a historic footnote

absolutely

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

do not post about gun control.............................................. y;all

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Double decker tacos are legit good.

is that a term for when you make a taco out of two tortillas like normal or is it for when you make a taco with a layer of meat/filling between the tortillas like some kind of burger with a bun in the middle, which could potentially kick rear end but i've never seen such a thing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
gun control? if you've got the guns, you're in control

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

speng31b posted:

cardio is so unamerican

I’m just gonna hop in my super duty coal roller

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Civilized Fishbot posted:

is that a term for when you make a taco out of two tortillas like normal or is it for when you make a taco with a layer of meat/filling between the tortillas like some kind of burger with a bun in the middle, which could potentially kick rear end but i've never seen such a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVmaYNtgu4g

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

oh hell yeah

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

no need to post taco bell :D

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

power word- Jeb! posted:

like they will say, 15% of people 30-49 had to go to the hospital in china. in the us, 20% of hospitalized people are 30-55

The US is going to be a lot worse because a lot of younger people will try to ride it out at home, due to misplaced optimism, financial worry and our ingrained cultural acceptance of just not having medical care.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

KaptainKrunk posted:

gun ownership as it stands in the US has been inextricably linked to settler colonialism and the policing of black bodies and the enforcement of the color line. for a large part, it still is (most gun owners, especialyl the ones who spend a lot on guns and ammunition, are chuds).

doesn't mean you shouldn't own a gun lol

true - I needed that - thank you

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

empty whippet box posted:

you're missing the point, our rich people are sUPEr loving rich, like they're INSANELY rich. they're so god drat rich, like, holy fuckin lol they are rich as gently caress. In conclusion, capitalism fu cking RULES lmao owned bitch