Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Mourne posted:

I am dying for a good Philly cheesesteak. Some one please scream at me that doing a takeout run today is reckless and irresponsible. I already left the house for groceries earlier this week.

my will is weak today and I REALLY want a hot Philly cheesesteak.

god loving damnit

you've spread the craving to me and now I want to die

edit with thread mood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

lol I love how the election numbers guy who was right once in his life... now comments on pandemics involving unfamiliar diseases

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
40% out of work

mamma mia

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Yes, Yes, No, Yes

I live my life in an anxiogenic state. This first became clear to me at 17 when an acid trip left me with the idea, "the thing most people think of as 'panic' is just what I think of is 'base state'".

Under normal circumstances it's a serious pain in the rear end. Put me in an actual crisis, though? Suddenly my perceptions align with my expectations and I feel very normal.

Also, is that literally everyone except for Trump's 34% death cult who think we're nowhere near the end of this?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

dex_sda posted:

is that alan rickman

sure is

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

err posted:

It's owns how quickly television commercials used this crisis to sell poo poo.

I pay attention to commercials because marketing fascinates me and was wondering how long it would take before brands changed over to cash in on the pandemic, it was about the middle of march when it was fully ramped up. Knowing that Ford cares that I wash my hands and that they'll differ payments if I lose my job due to covid-19 if I buy one of their trucks really shows they care. When I was driving down the highway the other day for a drive to just get out of my apartment the billboards reflected the same thing and seeing all the coronavirus ads was very OBEY-y

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Dolphin posted:

40% out of work

mamma mia

corona chan was a prelude to economic collapse followed by the rise of a far-right governments(even further than what we see now) and then World War III

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

The Alpha Centauri posted:

corona chan was a prelude to economic collapse followed by the rise of a far-right governments(even further than what we see now) and then World War III

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I had to cancel my psychiatrist appointment because they're billing telehealth as an outpatient procedure that counts against my deductible instead of a normal inpatient procedure I just have to pay a copayment for. I didn't realize this for my first appointment so I'm on the hook for a huge bill now glad I caught it before my second appointment that was supposed to be for today. lmao. gently caress everything

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I personally think that normal times are just around the corner

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

ok well thanks for that. I am no longer hungry at all now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Alpha Centauri posted:

that’s a little too optimistic I think . you aren’t factoring the climate is disintegrating

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

life is a joke posted:

Reading is the boring lame town that two of the Pod Save America guys come from IIRC

i shot an ar15 at a range in reading once

my friend who brought me is one of those guys whose rich dad has bailed them out and given them a thousand second chances. we were pumping gas and he just opened the trunk full of gun cases and said out loud with other ppl around "oops i think i left the hollow points loaded in the 9mm" :shepface:

as whites traveling in a saab, naturally nothing happened to us

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Dolphin posted:

40% out of work

mamma mia

??? the view from my 2nd floor home office out to my cul de sac shows a lot of happy families running around and playing and doing stuff

this poll probably included part time workers who are refusing to go to their local grocery store to apply in person or amazon warehouse and find some of these new great high paying jobs

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mobby_6kl posted:

So they're starting to relax the lockdown a bit here since the spread's been mostly under control (<6k cases, 120 dead out of 10m population). One of the changes is that now more retail is opened up, so hardware stores are now open. I went for some BEAN growing supplies and it was loving packed. Like way more people than I've ever seen, even bigger crowds than in groceries. Everyone is wearing masks but no "distancing" is taking place whatsoever so if there's any significant number of undiagnosed cases, this is probably not super helpful.

people are treating lockdowns like loving staycations and laughing and smiling every day, knocking out their todo list, and just in general having fun

instead of, you know, obsessively reading the news and rumors, forgetting what the outside world looks like, and consuming substances to dull the pain all day... what we're doing

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

i am so loving glad i made it a top priority to get debt free after my divorce 2 years ago and managed to accomplish it like 6 months ago

lol my ex had over $20k in cc debt in addition to the $100k school debt

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

twoday posted:

I think that's just a stock photo of a lot of cars

https://twitter.com/MargaretZhangMD/status/1248351362561310721?s=19

It looks like they can test for antibodies already but don't have the resources to implement testing on any sort of large scale
A question about the anti-bodies test. Do anti-bodies help prevent reinfection from a coronavirus? My understanding is you can have anti-bodies for a coronavirus, but those anti-bodies do not help the bodies immune system prevent future occurrences like influenza viruses.

I am probably thinking wrong--but it seems the only way the roni is going away is if we hide from it long enough for the virus to die off. And with the confirmation covid is transmittable to domestic animals like cats--fat chance of that happening.

(the silver lining--if my line of thinking is right, we won't be wasting money buying lots of lots new ventilators...)

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.

please ban bitch miller tweets

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Good to see BioAnal Sys is doing well

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Gringostar posted:

i am so loving glad i made it a top priority to get debt free after my divorce 2 years ago and managed to accomplish it like 6 months ago

lol my ex had over $20k in cc debt in addition to the $100k school debt

jokes on you, bankruptcy means nothing when we're all bankrupt. you have nothing and she has a closet full of nice shoes, purses, etc. lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

HycoCam posted:

A question about the anti-bodies test. Do anti-bodies help prevent reinfection from a coronavirus? My understanding is you can have anti-bodies for a coronavirus, but those anti-bodies do not help the bodies immune system prevent future occurrences like influenza viruses.

I am probably thinking wrong--but it seems the only way the roni is going away is if we hide from it long enough for the virus to die off. And with the confirmation covid is transmittable to domestic animals like cats--fat chance of that happening.

(the silver lining--if my line of thinking is right, we won't be wasting money buying lots of lots new ventilators...)

you can still get sick from it but having antibodies means you are much more likely to just have it develop into cold or mild flu like symptoms than death

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Gringostar posted:

you can still get sick from it but having antibodies means you are much more likely to just have it develop into cold or mild flu like symptoms than death
Running nose vs death....hmmm....thanks for making me feel a little better about the next year. :)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

HycoCam posted:

we seriously have no idea if antibodies help or you can be reinfected. this virus is only months old to us and virology is like the wild loving west of science with lots of unknowns

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.
I'm not a reporter but it sucks that this thread gets like five times the volume of "lol look at what this dumb chud said" posts vs actual interesting accurate information. Every thread doesn't have to be a flood of chud misinformation

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

life is a joke posted:

Reading is the boring lame town that two of the Pod Save America guys come from IIRC

gently caress that entire crew

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

euphronius posted:

that’s a little too optimistic I think . you aren’t factoring the climate is disintegrating

The economic collapse will help with that!

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

still got our bread and circuses for now

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

wow, even the troops are having to line up at food banks, DO SOMETHING

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

HycoCam posted:

Running nose vs death....hmmm....thanks for making me feel a little better about the next year. :)

the flu "vaccine" doesn't make you immune to getting sick like other vaccines, it just means instead of getting wiped out for a week you'll feel crappy for a few days and maybe miss a day of work*

*provided you are exposed to the like 3 strains of flu the people making the vaccine think will be active that year

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

HycoCam posted:

If it works like other corona viruses circulating in humans, immunity is not long lasting. 1-2 years before reinfection. The hope is that reinfections will be much milder. There is speculation that common corona viruses infect people for the first time when they are very young, and that's the reason for their mildness in adults. That's a lot of ifs though.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

wow, even the troops are having to line up at food banks, DO SOMETHING

ah, the M1s we have to keep ordering that we don't need because Abrams said they'd shut down all the spare parts supplies if we stopped buying them

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
r Troops

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1248634612999487489?s=20

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the hillary clinton character is called carole baskin

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I'm not a reporter but it sucks that this thread gets like five times the volume of "lol look at what this dumb chud said" posts vs actual interesting accurate information. Every thread doesn't have to be a flood of chud misinformation

It's the trump thread chumps memeing too much and driving everyone out and now they are here

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

"Mr Potter, we'll be sitting on a beach earning 20%, turn off your phone and tell me exactly how long you've been working for us"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

whats with these folks anyways i only got halwfay through season 1

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

I make it with ground beef, it's FINE (and wayyyy easier than thin sliced steak). or like just order a box of steakums. they are not hard to make, you literally just need a surface that gets hot and some condiments

this is called a chopped cheese my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

jokes on you, bankruptcy means nothing when we're all bankrupt. you have nothing and she has a closet full of nice shoes, purses, etc. lol

i keep thinking now is the time to apply to way more credit cards and just load up on poo poo (booze, guns, thc, camping supplies, bicycles etc) before BKing as the country collapses