Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

mastershakeman posted:

whats with these folks anyways i only got halwfay through season 1

They're death krew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Dork457 posted:

Exactly. What am I gonna do, just sit on my own toilet when I don't need to poo poo?

you havent lived until youve relaxed in a bath with a beer through a conference call

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

That's not what platforming means unless
A. People here are sharing his posts elsewhere.
B. People here are being convinced by his posts.
C. He is somehow making money from being reposted here.

Mocking him here doesn't help him in any way. Its not platforming and poses no danger.
Now whether or not everyone just hates him and would prefer not to see it is a separate argument

Exposure results in B.

Also (tensof)thousands of extra views spools up the Twitter algorithms

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1246921149524504576

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/1248638552864366599

quote:

Ammon Bundy, the rancher who led an armed occupation of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, said he plans on holding an Easter gathering despite stay-at-home orders implemented during the coronavirus pandemic.

Bundy told CNN he wants to gather several hundred people in Idaho at a yet-to-be-announced location. He said he believes it’s his constitutional right to assemble, even as state and local officials urge people to socially distance to avoid spreading the virus further.

“Our goal is to get enough people together and secure our rights… we are not trying to provoke, we want people to be able to worship,” Bundy said in a phone interview. Idaho is one of the 42 states that have implemented a stay-at-home order aimed at stopping the spread of coronavirus.

Bundy says he wants to contract the virus in order to become immune. As of yet, there’s no evidence that people can’t be reinfected.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Radirot posted:

jesus christ.

I lost my insurance and keeping it under COBRA would now cost $1500 a month that I can't afford. I was paying $600 before.

Go on the ACA, find out what the federal poverty line for your family is *1.4, and put that in for your expected income, then go through silver plans only to find one that hopefully is accepted by the hospital group you used to use (check hospital site for this, not ACA, the ACA site is often wrong) .

You'll repay a portion the premium subsidies at tax time in 2021, but won't need to repay the deductible/copay/out of pocket max cost sharing reductions. Combined these can save you tens of thousands depending on the size of your family
Unless you end up making 4x fpl , then you do repay the full insuranfe premiums, but since you can retroactively fund IRAs, come next tax year you can juggle numbers in TurboTax to find the necessary threshold and the govt will basically let you fund your IRA and give you thousands to do so (only if you're at the breakpoint which is like 80k for family of 3 iirc)

I learned about all this from a willa post where some 64 year old did a drawdown of his ira to pay for roof repairs and went over the 4x line and the new premium repayment amount bankrupted him

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Apr 10, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1248639691173306368?s=20

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1248367605422964743
starting to think we might be ruled by jello-brained incompetents

the only thing Democrats are good at doing is emulating the belief that Aaron Sorkin poisoned so many people with

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i'm posting federalist ghouls so you all know to keep your hatred pure

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

the thing I hate most about this forum is the most hack right wing poo poo gets posted constantly and quoted and quoted and quoted. bitchel is probably the dumbest person to keep platforming

i'm not sure posting on cspam counts as platforming.

err posted:

It's owns how quickly television commercials used this crisis to sell poo poo.

saw a commercial from Citibank thanking healthcare workers. just pure propaganda from the worst bloodsuckers on the planet, pretending to care about people they've been ripping off for decades

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

god drat it

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Just the flu bro

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Noise Complaint posted:

you havent lived until youve relaxed in a bath with a beer through a conference call

i've played classic wow more on the clock than off of it the past month

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

seattle plague rat posted:

biggest drawback of remote work is how much harder it is harder to steal anything but time frm your employer now

Agreed, I used to have a side hustle of selling old used corporate phones that otherwise would have just sat in boxes forever.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

honestly I hope he does because I wanna see the loving insanity that occurs from it

trump has already pardoned convicted war criminals, like Eddie Gallagher, and human rights abusers, like Joe Arpaio. nothing will result if he pardons whoever tony the tiger king is

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gringostar posted:

that is still going ??

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Go on the ACA, find out what the federal poverty line for your family is *1.4, and put that in for your expected income, then go through silver plans only to find one that hopefully is accepted by the hospital group you used to use (check hospital site for this, not ACA, the ACA site is often wrong) .

You'll repay a portion the premium subsidies at tax time in 2021, but won't need to repay the deductible/copay/out of pocket max cost sharing reductions. Combined these can save you tens of thousands depending on the size of your family
Unless you end up making 4x fpl , then you do repay the full insuranfe premiums, but since you can retroactively fund IRAs, come next tax year you can juggle numbers in TurboTax to find the necessary threshold and the govt will basically let you fund your IRA and give you thousands to do so (only if you're at the breakpoint which is like 80k for family of 3 iirc)

I learned about all this from a willa post where some 64 year old did a drawdown of his ira to pay for roof repairs and went over the 4x line and the new premium repayment amount bankrupted him

trying to figure out if this is for real or a joke

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

biggest drawback of remote work is how much harder it is harder to steal anything but time frm your employer now

My employer has always been able to monitor active time in the webapp/docs per hour/clicks per hour and as soon as we went wfh we got emails saying they would monitor it extra close. I'm working more at home than I ever did at the office , it sucks

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

euphronius posted:

that is still going ??

ZG opens up next week

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

mastershakeman posted:

My employer has always been able to monitor active time in the webapp/docs per hour/clicks per hour and as soon as we went wfh we got emails saying they would monitor it extra close. I'm working more at home than I ever did at the office , it sucks

uipath, capture 20mins of work and loop it

i dont work for voyeurs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gringostar posted:

ZG opens up next week

did they have to merge all the servers they opened at start ?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BeefThief posted:

trying to figure out if this is for real or a joke

I made a post a while ago thanking willa for saving me something like 8k in tax liability (my wife got a job partway through the year then hated it and lost it, which pushed us a tiny bit over the line come tax time )

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

There's a nonzero chance of A and B happening which leads to C soooooo

Of course I could be wrong, but if cspam posters are reading Bill's tweets here, agreeing with him, and then reposting him to Facebook to convince their friends and family, then go ahead and shut it all down because we deserve what's coming.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

time theft isn't real

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Devastating news

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Just moving around all the time will show up when I'm not actually coding/saving anything. They have metrics and dashboards to show charts of when coding occurs so they can see if you are active all day (i.e. faking it) then code a ton of stuff at once to make it look like you were working steadily

It stinks!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Gringostar posted:

DooM eternal, RE3, and KOF here

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

time theft isn't real

sure it is. its just not the employee doing the theft. its the employer stealing the most precious resource we have as humans. and spending 1/3 of that ime working for pennies and no bennies is absolute bullshit.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

yeah that happens when you play the conga music

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

what is this from

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

who's bringing the dildos and giant bag of sugar free gummy bears this year?

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

mastershakeman posted:

Just moving around all the time will show up when I'm not actually coding/saving anything. They have metrics and dashboards to show charts of when coding occurs so they can see if you are active all day (i.e. faking it) then code a ton of stuff at once to make it look like you were working steadily

It stinks!

oh drat that sucks its the kind of thing id spend more time trying to defeat than i would just doing my work

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

MysteriousStranger posted:

DooM eternal, RE3, and KOF here

Guild Wars 2 has some fun storylines to play through

and the WvW and PvP is dope as gently caress

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Funion posted:

what is this from

just going to pull out of my rear end that time obama killed a us citizen with a drone

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Funion posted:

what is this from

tarp relief package

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Alpha Centauri posted:

just going to pull out of my rear end that time obama killed a us citizen with a drone

the origin of tarp ghost

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

euphronius posted:

did they have to merge all the servers they opened at start ?

server population health is pretty good (at least the one i'm on) and they opened up free transfers off full population servers to medium population ones just this week

the only issue is that no one wants to tank poo poo but that was always an issue in classic since only one class could

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Spoondick posted:

tarp relief package

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Spoondick posted:

tarp relief package

:hmmyes:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Funion posted:

what is this from

FBI stopping the Bundy crew outside Mahler and one guy drew on feds who had weapons pointed at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

mastershakeman posted:

FBI stopping the Bundy crew outside Mahler and one guy drew on feds who had weapons pointed at him

lmao