Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

The nice thing is that if it kills the patient because of its 1 in 4 chance of causing multiple organ failure, they died of that and not covid! Number go down!

:lol: exactly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I'm not going to live in fear.
<un-clicks seatbelt>
FREEDOM!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

nice hypnospace mod

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mycomancy posted:

I've had a weird bump above a tooth for like six months, and the minute I get into the dentists chair I start getting the hard sell for a $2000 root canal. I have 0 pain and no swelling, no trauma, no gum disease, just a little white blister.

Like loving hell I'm walking into an endodontists office right now, what was that dentist thinking?
i had to get a root canal and there wasn't even a white bump, but the xrays were pretty clear and then having to sit there for two minutes while the pus drained was another good indicator. honestly never felt any pain or anything.
but 2 grand? shop around.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/billazbbphotog/status/1248298809064476672?s=19

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

InsertPotPun posted:

i had to get a root canal and there wasn't even a white bump, but the xrays were pretty clear and then having to sit there for two minutes while the pus drained was another good indicator. honestly never felt any pain or anything.
but 2 grand? shop around.

The doctor couldn't even tell which tooth was supposed to be "abscessed" from the X-ray. Dentists are sadistic shysters and should be heavily interrogated before they're trusted.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the ball heads are getting horny

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
What are the demos like on u.s. deaths? Like what % over 50, 60 years old? How many boomers do we have to kill off to start swinging districts?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1255543666577375232

:psyduck:

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

mycomancy posted:

I've had a weird bump above a tooth for like six months, and the minute I get into the dentists chair I start getting the hard sell for a $2000 root canal. I have 0 pain and no swelling, no trauma, no gum disease, just a little white blister.

Like loving hell I'm walking into an endodontists office right now, what was that dentist thinking?

I have all 32 of my teeth and I'll be damned if I ever let a dentist change that

literally every time I got they try to pressure sell wisdom teeth removal. I'm in my 30s and they came in all the way straight like half my lifetime ago lol and I have never had any issues with them

"but just to be safe!"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rynn posted:

Just got my Trump letter, I'd wipe my rear end with it but that would be like using garbage for toilet paper.

Also who the gently caress taught him cursive

im gonna frame mine to show my ancestors

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Breakfast All Day posted:

If consider outlawing baseball out of sheer cruelty to the people who love it, sort of like Nixon's war on drugs

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Breakfast All Day posted:

There is story after story now about how 'MLB is confident to play in 2020' and every single one of them do not have any input from players.

It's just all the MLB Owners and TV people who don't have to put their health on the line priming the pump for when players rightfully and obviously object to playing a bullshit no meaning season.

should mention this is all poised to break any support for a players strike after 2021. Not that there was much, but certainly more than there has ever been.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess you still technically have your tooth after a root canal

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

snoo posted:

this is the barrier they made lmao

Dustcat posted:

*slaps side of cardboard box with saran wrap window* this baby can stop so many coronaviruses

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pennsylvania chuds are horny as hell to reopen everything and blame the deaths on those urbans

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
:dogcited:

https://twitter.com/bylenasun/status/1255548367305924608

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Confusion will be my Epitaph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-HytsGYg0

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mycomancy posted:

what was that dentist thinking?

cha-ching. i had a dentist once try to talk me into getting a bone graft after I had my wisdom teeth out. he wanted to charge $2500 to do it and i basically told him to gently caress off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pennsylvania chuds are horny as hell to reopen everything and blame the deaths on those urbans

most of Pennsylvania is Philadelphia so

not sure he is right there

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

most of Pennsylvania is Philadelphia so

not sure he is right there

Every single rural county (per the census definition) in the state, combined, has a smaller gross product than the four-county urbanized Philadelphia area

the middle of the state has one hell of an inflated sense of self-worth

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sir Tonk posted:

he's got 500 patreon subs, seems like a good scam

as far as I know nobody here has managed to monetize the insanity running rampant in the chuds but the whole ecosystem over there runs on grift

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Baseball's been on its last legs for years anyway. The real American pastime is probably a sport that involves guns or killing

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

eighty-four merc posted:

thanks for that. I couldn't find info about which study it was, which is why my post was phrased as a question

I'll edit the post now that I know the answer

it's all confusing today because the study in China that was leaked last week also officially came out https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31022-9/fulltext also controlled and blinded, result was no significant improvement in time to recovery.

meanwhile i just saw the details on the NIAID study https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events/nih-clinical-trial-shows-remdesivir-accelerates-recovery-advanced-covid-19 mean time to recovery 11 days vs 15 in placebo, and lower mortality in treatment but p is above the magic threshold of 0.05.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Every single rural county (per the census definition) in the state, combined, has a smaller gross product than the four-county urbanized Philadelphia area

they really do lol

to be fair they own the Pa senate

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/reuvenblau/status/1255290725744418816?s=21

:trumppop:

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

ah yes noted maximalist ernest hemingway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Son of Man posted:

Baseball's been on its last legs for years anyway. The real American pastime is probably a sport that involves guns or killing

it’s been doing fine ! just not growing as fast as capitalists desire and younger people are poor and do go much

attendance is good and people still watch

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Anyone have that picture of the white lady being served at the waffle house?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

that is anti semetic

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

"Why is this dog sniffing my butt?"

"Ma'am, it's a Lab test, please calm down."

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Same with downstate illinois, all the chuds think they are subsidizing the urbans

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

this is the barrier they made lmao

You must be exactly this high to use barrier.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

yikes

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

"Why is this dog sniffing my butt?"

"Ma'am, it's a Lab test, please calm down."

:golfclap:

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Google Butt posted:

haha love local governments pointing at low number of cases and that we are good to open er up when they're still only testing people with severe symptoms lmao

also, how many case did nyc have 60 days ago? lol

they be dumb as gently caress

check that

we be dumb as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1255549781340049415?s=21

Tupac alive in Kentucky