Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYApdmp6je8&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
sometimes when i read this thread, i have to remind myself that it’s not the gbs monkey paw thread

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Relevant Tangent posted:

as far as I know nobody here has managed to monetize the insanity running rampant in the chuds but the whole ecosystem over there runs on grift

they took their training in web rings and applied it to twitter. they all follow eachother so every maga or qanaon account has thousands of followers and seems legitimate to the casual observer.

now apply that to patreon

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Cough into the dog's face to be admitted into Walmart

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

apatheticman posted:

Anyone have that picture of the white lady being served at the waffle house?

https://twitter.com/ASegals/status/1255166501591678976

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

facetoucher cat posted:

"Why is this dog sniffing my butt?"

"Ma'am, it's a Lab test, please calm down."

:downsrim:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

facetoucher cat posted:

"I bet next you'll complain about the cat scan!" :imunfunny:

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

I'm gonna be the weirdo in this thread and say there's nothing weird about having a positive brain response to hearing one of the most distinctive sounds of a hobby that you enjoy and probably have good memories of playing catch with your own dad as a kid. I rate this tweet good (great).

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

devil nation

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

facetoucher cat posted:

:rimshot:

Quiet Feet posted:

"I bet next you'll complain about the cat scan!" :imunfunny:

:buddy:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

intoxicated by the balls

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1255479750593859584

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

thank u

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mrs. Dash posted:

I'm gonna be the weirdo in this thread and say there's nothing weird about having a positive brain response to hearing one of the most distinctive sounds of a hobby that you enjoy and probably have good memories of playing catch with your own dad as a kid. I rate this tweet good (great).

Wow, a good bill mitchell post! Can you believe it?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

ppl everywhere completely misunderstanding the point of the mask. even here. sad

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Charlz Guybon posted:

Open a drive in. Problem solved.

i dont think buses go to those

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Wow, a good bill mitchell post! Can you believe it?

I do not fault the man for suffering the humiliation of having the same name as a butterfly fetishist.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lmao everything about this country is incredibly stupid

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NPRpubliceditor/status/1255498587489910785

its ok, npr is "sorry" for that coffee shop piece

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Ammanas posted:

ppl everywhere completely misunderstanding the point of the mask. even here. sad

it's for the best, no goddamn way you'd get half of america to wear a mask if they understood that it was to protect other people and not themselves

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Looks like she’s umbrella-skeptical too lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Sir Tonk posted:

This is the laziest circling of the wagons I've seen in my life

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:eyepop: hoyl poo poo

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sir Tonk posted:

"The missteps were minor" gently caress you NPR

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

snoo posted:

this is the barrier they made lmao

someone do the haha yes guy but haha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haha aaaaaaaaa

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

most inapporpriate

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sir Tonk posted:

they took their training in web rings and applied it to twitter. they all follow eachother so every maga or qanaon account has thousands of followers and seems legitimate to the casual observer.

now apply that to patreon

Web rings were cool though

Also the board game industry does that too. Lots of communities do

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Ammanas posted:

if they all understood it was primarily to prevent the wearer from spreading the disease, nobody would wear them at all because nobody ever believes they are the problem

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Knight posted:

I'm not going to live in fear.
<un-clicks seatbelt>
FREEDOM!

*taking a baseball bat to the right side mirror of my car*

and Another thing, Nader...!

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

ChristsDickWorship posted:

most inapporpriate

@NPRpubliceditoreditor

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

snoo, you know what must be done

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

businesses should require masks and the ones that don't should get destroyed by OSHA but that'd require a sane country

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sir Tonk posted:

lol they aren't sorry at all

quote:

Let me start by rejecting the notion that this story was politically motivated, or that a coffee store owner in Harlan is getting rich. There's no evidence of that. (And let's also condemn as lame right now anyone who used Facebook photos of Marietta's children, partial information about her education, or mean-spirited Yelp reviews about her businesses to advance their theories and agendas.)

quote:

"I knew this was a minefield," he said. "Anytime you do a story where you suggest that some part of the social safety net isn't well-crafted..."

quote:

Listening to Marietta describe her intentions and then listening to the story again, I realized that the reason I and everyone else remember her words is because she is the best part of the story. Her experience is real, her words are genuine and her perspective as a small-business owner is one that I wish I heard more often.

As a result of all those choices, the emotional weight of a heavy story was all on Marietta. Other facts that might have been included: Moonbow Tipple averaged only $200 in revenues a day before the pandemic. Marietta and her husband used their salaries from their full-time jobs to invest in their businesses, rather than buying a house. Yes, she has an Ivy League education, which she brought back home, where she is trying to make a difference.

they legitimately cannot understand why people were upset

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

you saved me the trouble thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

motedek posted:

it's all confusing today because the study in China that was leaked last week also officially came out https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31022-9/fulltext also controlled and blinded, result was no significant improvement in time to recovery.

meanwhile i just saw the details on the NIAID study https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events/nih-clinical-trial-shows-remdesivir-accelerates-recovery-advanced-covid-19 mean time to recovery 11 days vs 15 in placebo, and lower mortality in treatment but p is above the magic threshold of 0.05.

if the recovery time improvements for advanced cases hold up then that could pretty promising so long as this poo poo isn't happening:

BeefThief posted:

they tried remdisivir in china back in January and stopped using it because while it did eliminate the virus in some patients, they ended up getting reinfected shortly after and dying of heart failure. too bad the whole world didn't read the first cspam roni thread.

no idea what the truth is to the above claim. I don't remember anything about earlier Chinese remdesivir trials bc lol who can remember anything when information comes this fast, but it seems like if true the studies you linked would by design not have the scope to detect reinfection

still, everything else equal, speeding up recovery of advanced cases seems like it could help to mitigate peak hospital buttfuckedness by increasing vent throughput. fingers crossed I guess