Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Next I'm looking at zzy and Nad based on the existing cases.

re:zzy

I agree with Amni and merk here. zzy's case on Liger reminds me of the kind of cases I have posted as scum only to be like "oh poo poo, I was reading that situation wrong..." zzy drops a lot of content around the vig and overall I think the tone of it is a shift from what I view as ~typical zzy~ That is to say, I think it sounds more suspicious than average because zzy himself doesn't sound sold on the whole thing.

zzyzx posted:

I still think it's a decent vote, as day one votes go.
voting Liger, that is. I see some gymnastics to remain consistent and that's what's reading scummy to me.

I would vote zzy.

re: Lord Nad

His reasoning I find much more believable. I can imagine town-Nad believing his case. I'm not suspicious of Nad. Neutral read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What did I back off of lol
Hi DBD, how is it going :sun:

Who do you think is scum now?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i was under the impression the game was starting last night and so i played animal crossing all weekend and there's 340 posts to read

i skimmed it, will post some quick thoughts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nobody told me what to make for dinner and I went to bed hungry :(

All of you are thr scum.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Varinn posted:

Everyone. Its been a long time since I've played. I welcome you all, old friends and new friends, with open arms. Hello. How are you? I'm good.

I'm sure there has been a great deal of Mafia Forums Posting Innovation in my absence, but frankly, that's fake and I don't believe any of it. So I'm going to get Day 1 (historically the worst day) off to a start myself.

Everyone, please rank your ability at Mystery Solving with a number from 1 (one (I)) to 10 (ten(X)).

probably an 8! i'm a data analyst for a living, i'm good at mysteries! i am bad at mafia though, so probably 4/10

jivjov posted:

You're being very hostile on day one :( why can't we all get along?

this reads like a player's first scumpost. gut bad feeling here

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I have no idea why y'all are giving Liger a town pass, he is worthless and doing his best attempt to keep us in joke vote phase

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Varinn posted:

Immediately busting your poo poo out and then backpedaling into "haha it was a joke, i'm like a ghost or a dog and just sort of do things randomly. im harmless!" is definitely a good way to play the game.

Unfortunately, it's not a good way to play if you're innocent of crimes. ##vote Amnistar

dislike. this is a post describing how amni is bad at mafia, not a post describing why amni is scum. scum vibes on varinn

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Lot of over analysis going on here, even if it is a townread.

Hard disagree, I had the exact same feeling zzyzx did to the vig and it certainly wouldn't be the first time someone overeagerly shot someone d1 for fun. sandwolf also said basically the same thing zzyzx did with less words in this post so i'm not sure why one is suspicious but not the other??

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

LordNad posted:

A scum day kill is an incredibly powerful tool. As mentioned before it could be used in LYLO to end the game earlier for them. By using it this early, he's brought massive attention on himself day 1 for no real benefit. I can't imagine scum letting a confirmed vig coast to the end game. He still has to vote and participate or he'd get lunched himself.

Personally, popping off day 1 is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from a Town Vig with that kind of power.

agreed. i think it's also really silly to try to game the mod here trying to guess details of a setup when we have a single VT flip

Voodoofly posted:

##unvote

##vote officer liver

The “I’m almost ready to vote but need more” post then voting amni right after stuck out skimming on my phone.

Also I’m the last person to ever clear someone from a role but that said daykill scum or sk on day 1 s pretty far fetched. I’m not voting amni today except to avoid a no lynch

100% agreed. had i been around i definitely would have voted liger, so pretend i did that here

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Votecount for Day 1

OFFICER LIGER (4): zzyzx, Voodoofly, Khris Kruel, OFFICER LIGER, LordNad, jivjov, OFFICER LIGER, Voodoofly
zzyzx (2): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Amnistar, vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk
LordNad (2): jivjov, The Ninth Layer, Tom Tucker, jivjov, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker
Amnistar (1): yuming, Varinn, OFFICER LIGER, OFFICER LIGER, yuming
Varinn (1): Jose Valasquez
hambeet (1): yuming
Khris Kruel (0): merk, merk
CapnAndy (0): LordNad, LordNad
merk (0): Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, Voodoofly
The Ninth Layer (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Sandwolf (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
jivjov (0): LordNad, LordNad
Deadbeat Dad (0): vivat virtute, vivat virtute

Not Voting (12): 50 pounds of bread, CapnAndy, CCKeane, Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, Jamuraan, kumba, OFFICER LIGER, Sandwolf, Token Female, vivat virtute, Voodoofly

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 05th, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

OFFICER LIGER posted:

this is very very very important and will help me determine who is the scum

Should I make a blue cheese buffalo burger or patty melt

Tots or shoestring fries

patty melt & tots. blue cheese is loving awful

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I haven't seen any defense of Liger other than "ah my gut feels".

Liger hasn't given any content to the thread and is basically a lurker. He put a scummy 3rd vote on Amni when there were two serious votes, and he then spent time defending himself.

He's given no reads and his lynch would satisfy Tom Tucker's lynching a lurker

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Khris Kruel posted:

Liger hasn't given any content to the thread and is basically a lurker. He put a scummy 3rd vote on Amni when there were two serious votes, and he then spent time defending himself.[/unquote]

Disagree on finding his vote scummy.

[quote]He's given no reads and his lynch would satisfy Tom Tucker's lynching a lurker

Agree here though, although I think at least trying defend himself would put him above some other lurkers at this point.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
so far, in summary:

leaning scum on varinn & liger

leaning town on zzyzx & lordnad

when i was reading through i thought one of yuming's posts pinged my gut but i just read through all her posts again and i don't see it. perhaps in context i'll find it again but don't have time for that at the moment

##vote officer liger

realvote

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

so far, in summary:

leaning scum on varinn & liger

leaning town on zzyzx & lordnad

when i was reading through i thought one of yuming's posts pinged my gut but i just read through all her posts again and i don't see it. perhaps in context i'll find it again but don't have time for that at the moment

##vote officer liger

realvote

i should clarify that my read on varinn is based on one post, and my read on liger is based on more, so i feel stronger about that hence the vote that way

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

50 pounds of bread posted:

Oof. Thats a toughie.

##vote 50

Please come play

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Varinn posted:

Immediately busting your poo poo out and then backpedaling into "haha it was a joke, i'm like a ghost or a dog and just sort of do things randomly. im harmless!" is definitely a good way to play the game.

Unfortunately, it's not a good way to play if you're innocent of crimes. ##vote Amnistar

Likewise, any further thoughts on this game?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Khris Kruel posted:

Liger hasn't given any content to the thread and is basically a lurker. He put a scummy 3rd vote on Amni when there were two serious votes, and he then spent time defending himself.

I don’t really disagree, nor can I totally argue you’re off base, but the community has changed a bit. There have been games where if you lunched everyone who wasn’t actively helping the town, you’d lunch mostly town.

So useless isn’t really enough, it needs to be useless and scummy, and I agree Liger is pretty non-useful right now, but beyond that, I’m not sure there’s a case.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh also TNL is probably town

(Whatsup dude welcome back to the same wavelength)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t really disagree, nor can I totally argue you’re off base, but the community has changed a bit. There have been games where if you lunched everyone who wasn’t actively helping the town, you’d lunch mostly town.

So useless isn’t really enough, it needs to be useless and scummy, and I agree Liger is pretty non-useful right now, but beyond that, I’m not sure there’s a case.

I leave the game and you all stopped lynching unhelpful lurkers??? All my effort was for nothing!!!

Seriously, though, I'm super happy to lynch anyone who isn't active on Day 1. To the point where I can't really justify voting anyone right now who is at least somewhat posting when other's haven't done so yet.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Khris Kruel posted:

I have no idea why y'all are giving Liger a town pass, he is worthless and doing his best attempt to keep us in joke vote phase

it's always jokephase. life without humor is one that is bland and without flavor.

kumbaya is town but the blue cheese line has me worried.

Khris Kruel posted:

I have reads, I am just not throwing them out because its day one and it's hard to have confidence in those reads in a large game like this. I don't necessarily think you or zzyzx are scum, I actually read you similar to how I read you in the prior game (and merk voting the way he is reinforced my thoughts). Jiv is new to mafia but he's not an idiot. Was he attempting to ride what appeared to be an easy lynch built on the back of a very weak case? According to his posting, he decided that lordnads case was strong enough to, but the way his post was worded, it felt like he didn't try to consider any other scenarios. This is very suspect. I don't believe he believes in this case, it feels like coercion made this happen. I won't vote him yet though on the off chance it's earnest newbiness jumping on what the first large read was, but knowing jiv makes me suspicious he would make a move like that if he truly suspected someone was scum. Also I invite everyone to read yuming, who actually does set off my radar for her overreaction to Amni offing mr steak.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

I leave the game and you all stopped lynching unhelpful lurkers??? All my effort was for nothing!!!

Seriously, though, I'm super happy to lynch anyone who isn't active on Day 1. To the point where I can't really justify voting anyone right now who is at least somewhat posting when other's haven't done so yet.

To your first point: yeah, p much, cuz the unhelpful lurkers started outnumbering the people actually tryna play.

I am also happy to lunch just about any lurker, you just have to be careful about what satisfies that criteria going forward.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Gosh, Tom. You sure said a lot in this post. OR DID YOU.

Tom Tucker posted:

Here's who I was thinking - Voodoo go read it back in context.

I don't think Voodoo is scum here he straight up admits he's skimming.
The rest of the post is all about LordNad. Why is this even here? Why the "I don't think Voodoo is scum" phrasing? Nobody's called Voodoo scum. It kinda feels like the only reason you included this was to suggest that Voodoo might be scum without actually saying it.

quote:

LordNad here is really leaning in:

This doesn't seem genuine to me, where have joke votes ever built momentum?
Um. In this game, on this day? LordNad's entire case on Liger is built around Liger joke-voting amni and then pulling his vote when it looked like a bandwagon was developing. Why are you talking like the entire case you're attacking is built on events that didn't happen?

quote:

If you believe this what is Liger's best-case scenario, that he sticks his neck out as the third vote which causes a tidal wave of momentum, but has his cake and eats it too by making it a joke vote? What does he do when the tidal wave comes in, unvote his joke vote?
YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AND WHAT LORDNAD BELIEVES.

quote:

Leave it on and look scummy as hell? There's no "good" scenario here there's no reason for him to be pushing a 2-vote candidate with a joke vote expecting results and assigning that motivation to him seems absurd. Early in day 1 joke-voting someone who has two votes, who cares?
Again, what triggered LordNad's case isn't Liger's vote, it's Liger pulling his vote. So these hypotheticals are useless noise. Nad believes this specific sequence of events was scummy. Believing someone is scummy based on the events that actually happened, when you wouldn't have suspected them if they did something else, makes perfect sense! If someone posts "hey I'm scum and these are all my scumbuddies, kill us please I want to lose", I'm gonna think they're scum, but if they hadn't done that, I might not think they were scum! This is pretty simple stuff! You know this!

quote:

It's the momentum onto HIM that stands out to me. LordNad had already raised my hackles with this post:

Where I accused him of basically contributing to a discussion (which I found unproductive), keeping it going, while adding nothing of real value. I think the Liger vote is partially in response to being called on that, but his vote is also mere statements of fact. My gut tells me LordNad is avoiding stating opinions of things and relying on facts to explain themselves because facts don't lie, even if they don't say what his vote implies they do.
Calling posting about "mere statements of fact" scummy right after you quote a post and then tell everyone what you posted about it at the time is... certainly a thing you did there.

quote:

His actual vote looks to split the difference - stating facts, then stating his "opinion"
Or, as some people call it, "making a case"...

quote:

that this is an attempt to build momentum, which I believe is a flawed conclusion. LordNad gets pushed back and I feel like backed into it he feels the need to double down.
Are feeling backed into a corner and doubling down exclusive behaviors to scum, in your opinion? Personally I feel that not only do townies do that too, but they're more likely to do it. Scum like to leave themselves escape routes.

quote:

Continued engagement but the "explanation afterwards doesn't feel right" - what about it doesn't feel right? LordNad seems to hold the views that it was a joke vote and was some sort of scheme to build momentum simultaneously. I think these two ideas are, in most cases I can think of, exclusionary.
This is a misstatement. Nad believes that Liger was cloaking a real vote as a "joke" to protect himself. Now, this still doesn't make sense -- pulling your vote is a pretty crud way to build momentum -- but for some reason you're attacking LordNad for a bad case he hasn't made instead of the bad case he did make.

quote:

This is what really annoys me though. Again LordNad is simply stating facts, but framing it as if it is an "admission". This framing is very suspicious to me - Liger has already said it was a joke vote, we know the other two votes are serious ones, Liger has stated he feels Amni was town, none of these facts are in contention. Yet here we have LordNad presenting them as if it is some sort of "admission". It feeds into LordNad's "bring up facts to continue conversations but add little" and what I feel is a hard-to-draw conclusion based on those facts which he does and then presents as a done deal or some "admission" of Liger's.

Here LordNad gets a little bit out of the hole by trying to make an argument here and ascribe motive, which is good, but the argument itself seems silly compared to the wording he's used before (mostly "admission"). Liger is joking about Amni's avatar and overall being worthless but doesn't actually vote Amni.
Gee Tom, I think someone might've said something recently about how just posting what happened to make a bunch of white noise that looks like a case is how scum play? I hope not, for your sake, because this sure is a lot of narrating you're doing here, but I think that guy was pretty smart!

quote:

LordNad asks "why not just vote" which is a question I still don't understand. Why do anything when you're joking around? If your point is that he's scummy for still joke-voting when people are getting serious that's fine, but it's not LordNad's point, he's saying that Liger planted this idea then waited 12 minutes to do the actual vote because he wanted a third vote for more momentum and was taking advantage of the opportunity which is, to me, absurd. The Machiavellian picture that unfolds of scum, seeing 1 vote on Amni, and tenting their fingers and saying "ah yes! I will vote for Amni as a JOKE VOTE to push the lunch! But I can't just do it... I must set up my joke vote, which is actually a real vote to push the lunch, but making a FIRST post wherein I say I might vote him, then when the second vote happens, I sweep in with my third vote, and the lunch will be on autopilot from there! Now to play the waiting game..." it's nonsense. LordNad is pushing it hard and vaccilating between stating facts "you voted for someone you thought was town" which are not in disagreement with absurd doubling-down that this is somehow scummy (it ain't).
Again, and I can't believe I have to keep repeating this to you, because you are a better player than me, what set Nad off wasn't Liger's vote, it was him pulling that vote. So yes, you sure knocked that strawman out, good job. But once again I'm left wondering why you didn't attack Nad's actual case, which is still bad. Is it because while it's still a bad case, it's not as scummy as the one you just made up?

quote:

The real voter of opportunity today is not Liger it is LordNad.

##vote LordNad
No, I think the real voter of opportunity today is the guy who saw someone trying to build a silly case, recognized that he was going to draw blowback for it, and decided to see if he could get a bandwagon rolling in that direction instead.

##vote TT

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I have reads, I am just not throwing them out because its day one and it's hard to have confidence in those reads in a large game like this

who do you want to lunch then? serious question

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Andy if it's a joke vote why wouldnt I unvote? Especially given that I've townread Amni and learned as such

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Oh also TNL is probably town

(Whatsup dude welcome back to the same wavelength)

I'm getting a new hard drive this friday so I'll finally have room to install COD without having to uninstall everything else on my PC.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Andy if it's a joke vote why wouldnt I unvote? Especially given that I've townread Amni and learned as such
I agree! I think Nad's case on you is bad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

who do you want to lunch then? serious question

I'm still reading and combing over posts (hard to do on a phone) but my gut is telling me something doesn't sit right with Yuming. I'm also going over voodoo and varinn.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

OFFICER LIGER posted:

kumbaya is town but the blue cheese line has me worried.

huh, town read on me out of nowhere, hedged "BUT..."

yeah i'm good with my vote

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I have reads, I am just not throwing them out because its day one and it's hard to have confidence in those reads in a large game like this.

putting my mafia dad hat on here: regardless of your alignment :justpost:

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

By now merk has normally started yelling and screaming until he gets his way, but so far it's just a couple of crappy drive-by votes where merk says "fake" and runs off.

merk posted:

I won a Voodoofly Wifoa big game after Dhaes, my scum buddy, shot a person on day 1. I bussed him immediately and rode that to a win. A scum dayvig blowing someone away day 1 is definitely legitimate. That said, a scum dayvig shooting Steak, a usual town negative, is not that realistic.

My issue with the little stuff I’ve read is people discounting a scum day vig shooting d1 generally without mining into the context of who he shot at all. KK, in particular, has the fakest read. ##vote KK

merk posted:

I'm down with this. The Amnistar vig is probably the best thing to find fake content so far today, and this zzyzx thing is probably the best fake content to find.

##vote zzyzx

Would also vote KK.

Interesting note about the first one: the game merk refers to is WIFOA IV, which doesn't show up in the votefinder tally because it's too old. Like merk says, it's an example (albeit an old one) of a scum using a day-vig early on. Two problems with this:

1) WIFOA is a fundamentally different setup in which players choose their roles at the outset, which gives the scum an opportunity at a day-vig. The argument here is that it's unlikely that a mod assigns a scum player a day-vig because it creates balance issues - saying "it happened in a WIFOA game" isn't a response to that.

2) merk goes on to argue that Amni is likely town because he shot Steak, a "usual town negative", and scum probably wouldn't do that. In the same game he quoted that's exactly what his teammate did - Dhaes shot winvirus, who (if I recall right) might charitably be described as a usual town negative.

I think merk, as town, is detail-oriented enough to consider both of these things before posting (or, if he's too busy, to wait until he has time before doing it). Would vote.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Voodoofly posted:

Same thing as my vote on TNL. So far you have an opposite vibe finding someone as town, but that's it? Anything else?

Nah, that's pretty much it at this point, everything surrounding the LIGER debacle reads to me like a bunch of townies arguing about a bad D1 case, but D1 cases are all bad so it is par for the course. I haven't seen anything I think is particularly scummy at this point, just usual D1 stuff.

Varinn's "but this happened once in a WIFOM game" thing is probably the closest, but it's probably just Varinn being a dummy rather than being scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
merk also said he was unavailable over the weekend

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

No, I think the real voter of opportunity today is the guy who saw someone trying to build a silly case, recognized that he was going to draw blowback for it, and decided to see if he could get a bandwagon rolling in that direction instead.

##vote TT

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. It doesn't make any sense to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kumba posted:

huh, town read on me out of nowhere, hedged "BUT..."

yeah i'm good with my vote

putting my mafia dad hat on here: regardless of your alignment :justpost:

Yeah I'm really scumreading you because you said blue cheese was bad, im a puppet master leaving a hedged but so I can come back say there and say I knew you were scum all along. Ya solved it.

zzyzx posted:

By now merk has normally started yelling and screaming until he gets his way, but so far it's just a couple of crappy drive-by votes where merk says "fake" and runs off.

Interesting note about the first one: the game merk refers to is WIFOA IV, which doesn't show up in the votefinder tally because it's too old. Like merk says, it's an example (albeit an old one) of a scum using a day-vig early on. Two problems with this:

1) WIFOA is a fundamentally different setup in which players choose their roles at the outset, which gives the scum an opportunity at a day-vig. The argument here is that it's unlikely that a mod assigns a scum player a day-vig because it creates balance issues - saying "it happened in a WIFOA game" isn't a response to that.

2) merk goes on to argue that Amni is likely town because he shot Steak, a "usual town negative", and scum probably wouldn't do that. In the same game he quoted that's exactly what his teammate did - Dhaes shot winvirus, who (if I recall right) might charitably be described as a usual town negative.

I think merk, as town, is detail-oriented enough to consider both of these things before posting (or, if he's too busy, to wait until he has time before doing it). Would vote.

merk said earlier he wasnt going to be available for a couple of days which is why he hasnt been posting.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Do you not understand and want me to clarify, or just disagree? It's okay to disagree! :)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Voodoofly posted:

I'm on board with removing non players from game! I think its a D2 thing though, not a D1 thing. Some players don't get engaged until they have something to actually work with, so don't go for the lurkers today, go for them tommorrow!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Yeah I'm really scumreading you because you said blue cheese was bad, im a puppet master leaving a hedged but so I can come back say there and say I knew you were scum all along. Ya solved it.

call it more of a subconscious thing, where scum often feel they have to give themselves an "out" when knowingly voting for a townie

it's obviously in jest; jest or not, the fact you wrote it there is enough imo

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Do you not understand and want me to clarify, or just disagree? It's okay to disagree! :)

Both?

It seems like you're accusing Tom Tucker of preemptively making the initial case on someone who he knew people were bound to find scummy. But you could make this accusation about any case. I'm not sure there is evidence that a bunch of people were gearing up to vote LordNad before Tom voted him, unless you count my one word gut vote on LordNad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kumba posted:

call it more of a subconscious thing, where scum often feel they have to give themselves an "out" when knowingly voting for a townie

it's obviously in jest; jest or not, the fact you wrote it there is enough imo

the blue cheese out

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Varinn's "but this happened once in a WIFOM game" thing is probably the closest, but it's probably just Varinn being a dummy rather than being scum

zzyzx posted:

Oh, I guess it was merk who brought up the WIFOM game, but Varinn was also into the SK w/ a daykill thing

Varinn posted:

idk why everyone's discounting SK w/ a daykill, which is eminently possible. but someone did make this case before you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

I'm on board with removing non players from game! I think its a D2 thing though, not a D1 thing. Some players don't get engaged until they have something to actually work with, so don't go for the lurkers today, go for them tommorrow!

especially when the game started 2 days before it was supposed to yeah i'm not feeling that a lurker lunch today is the strongest option

i'll very obviously lunch a lurker if there's no other consensus