Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s going on.

Meltdown May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

nishi koichi posted:

it's possible you haven't found your jazz yet, or you may not like it at all. all i can say is keep trying. poo poo, if you can believe it, i didn't get joy division the first few times i heard them as a kid, and then they caught me on a perfect day and i fell in love. i really like latin jazz. when you're listening, find an instrument and focus on it and see what they're doing, change to another one, get wrapped up in the rhythm

really, really listen to it and try to examine how it makes you feel, what the music is doing at the time. do you catch yourself tapping your feet or shaking your hips? look at what's doing that for you

i guess i'm still also just failing to see how "i can't find the relationships i want between diatonic chords in a song i'm trying to write" will be solved by "listening to jazz for hours until i get it"

like, to me this scans like a problem that probably has real solutions or understanding that can be come to that isn't "have you heard of relative minors" or "listen to jazz and hope it sinks in". that's the sort of thing that should have something specific that fixes it that i'm just missing.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
it isn't necessarily "listen for hours and voila!" so much as it is one aspect of study. it's making a regular habit out of listening to a wide variety of music, not to be able to write, necessarily, but to be exposed to a language you can speak. it really will help you make connections, you'll be playing some chord and your options for your next move will expand now that you know you can do more interesting things like the jazzcats do

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I liked the old viral video of the robot girls dancing, which is how I got into Daft Punk.

RAM is how I learned more about Nile Rogers, which is how I got deep into Chic. Eventually I decided my favorite thing about Chic was actually Bernard Edwards, which is how I asked myself if I would also like to have a bass.

Which is how I got into the sound of jazz duos and trios and Ron Carter, which is why I'm always half shopping for uprights.

Anyway, my point is, don't get frustrated by a lack of music between your ears, just keep listening and exploring. You have plenty of time, just keep moving.

It really is just, "listen to more and different music."

Huxley fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 12, 2021

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

landgrabber posted:

i guess i'm still also just failing to see how "i can't find the relationships i want between diatonic chords in a song i'm trying to write" will be solved by "listening to jazz for hours until i get it"

like, to me this scans like a problem that probably has real solutions or understanding that can be come to that isn't "have you heard of relative minors" or "listen to jazz and hope it sinks in". that's the sort of thing that should have something specific that fixes it that i'm just missing.

I hope you use the time in your incoming long vacation from the forums to study building tension and resolving I think that will help you musically. Not sure what’s going to help with your posting, except you not doing it for a while.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

TheTrend posted:

I hope you use the time in your incoming long vacation from the forums to study building tension and resolving.

why is everyone on this god drat website incapable of saying anything in anything but the most smug way possible.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:ironicat:

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Seeing a lot of "building tension" and not much resolving in these posts. The payoff should be great.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Flip Yr Wig posted:

(I wish I could compare these against an ESP EC-256, but nothing in my area has them in stock).

I still have my EC-256 in gloss black with gold hardware if you want to check that out, $275 for a goon. I’m in the Houston area, but willing to ship if we work it out.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

duodenum posted:

I still have my EC-256 in gloss black with gold hardware if you want to check that out, $275 for a goon. I’m in the Houston area, but willing to ship if we work it out.

I love my 256. Feels good plays good. The bridge height will like to walk out of spec when you change strings. So measure that bad person before you undo the strings. I feel like they could use a pup upgrade but I’m not sure what to do with them.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

i'm better than you.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

gonna fuckin' ironicat me. my posts aren't even smug most of the time, they're overflowing with self-loathing. get it RIGHT

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

landgrabber posted:

gonna fuckin' ironicat me. my posts aren't even smug most of the time, they're overflowing with self-loathing. get it RIGHT

Please go away and never come back.

You suck.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please go away and never come back.

You suck.

arent you the guy who said everyone who tunes to drop d is just lazy lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

:q:

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

just wanna recap to everyone why brawnfire thinks i'm an rear end in a top hat, cause it seems to have gotten lost that i was actually right:

- we were all talking about having adhd
- brawnfire strolled in saying that even though he has a ton of symptoms of adhd, he definitely didn't have it (which hurt me a little bit considering it ruins my life constantly)
- when i said i felt the same way before i got diagnosed, he lost his goddamn mind
- after freaking out at me he then decided i'm a child (not realizing that he implied he let a child get under his skin)
- never really recovered

so, you know. pretty cool stuff on his side

TheSoulian
Dec 5, 2016

As an 18 year old (don't look at my reg date mods), weezer is p good. You've just gotta get outside your box a bit man. If you like weezer, check out Harvey Danger's first album, it's really good stuff in that style.

Also taking a break might help. Just a week or two, no guitar. Thinking about music obsessively can hurt as much as it helps.

And time is also important. I felt like I was poo poo until, like now, with six years under my belt, and a fuckton of practice.

Also jazz will help so much dude. I'm taking jazz guitar lessons at uni and I'm literally twice as good as I was before after one year of them. Studying theory ain't poo poo without execution, and learning a song from a lead sheet is so much fun. If you're interested, I can post a pdf with positions of the major scale, from there it's just a lot of practice and you'll be able to sight read all sorts of dumb poo poo.

also please stop posting dude you're making the rest of us look bad

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yes.

But having this childish meltdown in the guitar section of a not-quite-comedy message board isn't healthy. Neither is trying to force creativity. You've spent so much time and effort into learning music that you forgot the one true reason we all do this: fun.

This isn't fun for you. You obviously don't really like it. And it sounds like you don't actually enjoy anything. I can't give you advice on how to fix that, only a mental health professional can do that. But living in a lovely town in the middle of nowhere and not having friends certainly isn't helping you, and you know this. You've said it before.

So instead of trying to have your goal of being a virtuoso songwriter king as your way out of your lovely situation, think about something a little more feasible.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes.

But having this childish meltdown in the guitar section of a not-quite-comedy message board isn't healthy. Neither is trying to force creativity. You've spent so much time and effort into learning music that you forgot the one true reason we all do this: fun.

This isn't fun for you. You obviously don't really like it. And it sounds like you don't actually enjoy anything. I can't give you advice on how to fix that, only a mental health professional can do that. But living in a lovely town in the middle of nowhere and not having friends certainly isn't helping you, and you know this. You've said it before.

So instead of trying to have your goal of being a virtuoso songwriter king as your way out of your lovely situation, think about something a little more feasible.

i am not melting down dude i was having trouble, posted about it, and decided to respond instead of taking a bunch of people ragging on me/assuming things that are incorrect like a bitch.

i would have to be pretty stupid to think writing emo rock songs would be a way to stop being poor in 2021. it's not rap music in 90s new york.

i'm a girl.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

fellas you're all trying to roast me but falling into the same problems i have while writing songs, doing the same common moves.

posting the drill log off coward tweet @ someone online is the roasting equivalent of a palm muted I-V-vi-IV pop punk song in 2021. have some class

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I don't care.

Just stop posting. Get off the internet (socially, still do work and school with it or whatever) and do literally anything else with your time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I got a new set of nylons for my classical! Poor guitar was sitting around a while during other musical priorities, but I finally got time to swap 'em out and get them tuned up!

...okay, now they're tuned up. Just gotta stretch 'em some more.

...drat it, okay, gotta tune them again.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

I got a new set of nylons for my classical! Poor guitar was sitting around a while during other musical priorities, but I finally got time to swap 'em out and get them tuned up!

I put new strings on a uke once and it took 6 months for the thing to hold tune.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
I've got a little theory puzzle for everyone. This is from some piano music I'm working on, and I know what I think is going on, but I wanted to see how my analysis lines up with everyone else's. The colored sections are each a different chord, key signature is Gb major, but the piece has modulated to Cb major in this section.

I'll spoiler my analysis here:

Yellow: CbMajor - tonic
Red: Abb7 - tritone substitution of supertonic secondary dominant
Green: Gb7 - dominant

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't care.

Just stop posting. Get off the internet (socially, still do work and school with it or whatever) and do literally anything else with your time.

you can just say "i don't like you" instead of trying to pretend like you're helping me/a cool guy by telling me to get off the internet and do "literally anything else" when the world's in a condition where there's nothing else to do.

maybe i should just kill myself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
And now you're just doing that for attention. Stop and talk to someone who can actually help you instead of holding people emotionally hostage on a dumb internet forum.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

And now you're just doing that for attention. Stop and talk to someone who can actually help you instead of holding people emotionally hostage on a dumb internet forum.

if i can't afford guitar lessons what tf leads you to believe i can afford therapy/psychological help

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

btw you don't get to say "emotionally held hostage" and "dumb internet forum" in the same sentence. it's either serious or it isn't motherfucker

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

landgrabber posted:

you can just say "i don't like you" instead of trying to pretend like you're helping me/a cool guy by telling me to get off the internet and do "literally anything else" when the world's in a condition where there's nothing else to do.

maybe i should just kill myself

No for real don't do that.

Iirc...was this all about minor chord progressions? This thread is moving at cspam speed today and it's hard to keep it straight and lmao I'm not gonna go back through however many pages.

If it's not about minor chord progressions, then I'm Sorry and wish you the best in your endeavors.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Much like how a song can be both major and minor, this dumb dead internet forum can be serious and joking at the same time.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Basic Poster posted:

No for real don't do that.

Iirc...was this all about minor chord progressions? This thread is moving at cspam speed today and it's hard to keep it straight and lmao I'm not gonna go back through however many pages.

If it's not about minor chord progressions, then I'm Sorry and wish you the best in your endeavors.

i don't know what happened but apparently this is another one on a very long list of internet communities i've been kicked out of because i'm too lovely even for them, and also i've wasted three loving years of my life on a medium i thought i could be good at because i enjoyed writing lyrics and attempting to write songs and it was the one bright spot in my life that's been extremely lonely and terrible for most of the time i can remember so suffice it to say i'm upset

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Huxley posted:

Here's 14 new movable ways to go I iii VI V resolving to I from Modern Chord Progressions. The Os and Xs are embellishments and voice leading lines, ignore them if you want.

Turn your fuzz up all juicy and try some of them out as slow as you need to. Each one sounds different, even within one of the most tired chord sequences in music history.

Once you totally master this page, go buy the book.

ted! incredible book. 1 drat page completely changed my outlook on the instrument.

landgrabber posted:

no i'm trying to say that i can't play F#, C# without going "oh that's the world has turned and left me here" and then playing A# and B afterward

there's a reason that chord progressions can't be copywritten. reusing chord progressions, or fragments of them, is a critical part of music practice. not only is it impossible to avoid reusing material, it isn't even always desirable to create brand new progressions out of whole cloth. the MELODY is the important part, and the chords serve it. you don't need to reinvent the wheel to make something good, just do something real and personal within existing form. that's certainly what Rivers did.

take My Name is Jonas. the verses are C G Am F (I V vi IV). It's popularly know to be a part of Pachelbel's canon or whatever, composed in 1680, and it's certainly older than that. It's just a mathematical certainty that those chords would occur, given a 7 note scale, 3-note chords, and western music's particular preferences toward voice leading. Maybe he copped from Journey tho? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%E2%80%93V%E2%80%93vi%E2%80%93IV_progression

Weezer is original because of their overall sound, lyrics, charisma, etc. The harmony is about 5% of what defines them as a band. If you go purely by harmonic innovation, they don't register as a blip among any other rock bands. Everybody used all their progressions 50 years beforehand, or way more. But the progressions aren't important, really. And I'm saying all this a Weezer fan, Pinkerton kept me sane for a while during a hard time years ago.

I seriously used to buy into this notion, that everything I made or played had to be PURELY original, and really felt tortured about it. That outlook did little for me but delay my progress and cause years of headache. It almost tanked my formal music education. This view isn't at all uncommon either, and I think that there are people in this thread that are probably not admitting to having felt similarly at that age. And it makes sense, there's a ton of toxic discourse about this in arts culture generally, and it isn't new. Harold Bloom wrote about it in The Anxiety of Influence. Just do what you like and don't hate yourself because you can't play something. You will NEVER dig to the end of that tunnel, ever. Better to turn back. At the end of the day music should make you happy.

Also, don't quit playing, 3 years is not a long time unless you've been practicing for multiple hours every day, no exaggeration or joking. Music comes very slow, and progress occurs in fits and starts. Chill on it a while and come back, or try playing something totally new. But whatever you do, don't treat yourself badly if you can't play something, it's just not worth it. It's so easy to demean yourself as a musician and everyone that plays has done it, but you can't let it define you or impact your self image. It's just music, you won't be evaluated on it by St. Peter when you die.

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 12, 2021

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

landgrabber posted:

sorry for just jumping in but i was thinking and i realized more specifically what my chord progression issues are.

i've so internalized major key chord function, that it's tough for me to get other types of relationships, so when i want to do something that isn't super major key sounding, that has more neutral or even minor intervals in a major key, that sort of knowledge just isn't in my fingertips at all. so when i have a really specific, melancholic feeling in my head that i want to get out into music, i'm totally incapable of translating that.

i have no idea how to practice that aside from maybe pulling apart a bunch of chord combinations on paper and noting the intervals between them so i can maybe end up coding "minor in major" relationships into my head.

landgrabber posted:

i have no practice with minor key songs because i don't listen to any bands that write minor key songs ever, because i don't listen to wanky metal

landgrabber posted:

jazz sucks.

landgrabber posted:

anyway i loving give up. i know too many songs too well. every little lick is just a song i can't help ripping off. nothing comes to me originally.

i'm going to either make 8 minute long remixes of taylor swift songs in ableton or bang my head against a wall until i think jokes about fonts are funny and then become a graphic designer. it's been three years and this poo poo isn't working. it all sucks.

landgrabber posted:

it's so sad what happened to ozma, where they did all their best rivers cuomo impressions and eternally got pigeonholed into being a weezer ripoff band.

their songs on rock and roll part 3 are pretty neat emo songs with a surprising amount of different sections and tempo changes to them, but they were just doing teenaged pinkerton impressions so hard that they hosed up their entire band. it's super sad because even today i think what they were doing in 2000 is miles ahead of the indie rock bands impersonating weezer that have come along since.

landgrabber posted:

no people have told me level 1 music theory, about relative majors and minors. i've tried all that.

i understand the poo poo. i just can't write with it. and spending hours and hours and hours studying that poo poo hasn't made that any easier.

and when i say "i know too many songs" what i really mean is "i know how to play a song i like in every key, so the second one chord's written, i'm just back to playing a song i already know"

landgrabber posted:

no i'm trying to say that i can't play F#, C# without going "oh that's the world has turned and left me here" and then playing A# and B afterward

landgrabber posted:

"oh you wanna write songs?? go listen to avant garde jazz for hours or you must be trying to disprove the laws of physics" this poo poo is gay and it sucks

landgrabber posted:

like half the people in this thread have seen me be trans online bro it's fine

landgrabber posted:

yeah, well, i', amgry that i've never had talent at anything, so

landgrabber posted:

i stared at this for 8 straight minutes and gave up

landgrabber posted:

your username is "captain caffeine". i bet bacon is bae and adulting is like a boss

landgrabber posted:

you lost your right to make roasts like this on the 10th anniversary of actively posting on Something Awful Dot Com

landgrabber posted:

also clearly you don't know anything about me if you think my entire personality is based on weezer forums. for instance, i also have ADHD and am racist

landgrabber posted:

so whenever i've tried to listen to jazz i just never get it. there's some stuff i just can't get for some reason, it never clicks into place. jazz is like that, i get the same thing from david lynch movies and twin peaks, too. i think there's some sort of social anxiety that i'll be judged if i don't like it, and it prevents me from really being able to get through to it. similar thing with poems, i can't really tell the difference between a great poem and a good poem and you could probably sneak a bad poem past me as a good one and i wouldn't notice. and i don't really "get" paintings beyond appreciation for technique, i guess. i'm just baby brained.

i went on a long thing where i was listening to a lot of different music (songs in the key of life, swan lake, der valkyrie, baduizm all kinda happened around the same time) and it was interesting but i didn't really notice it helping me write anything

landgrabber posted:

i just said it jokingly lol i'm not still mad about it or anything

landgrabber posted:

the most fun i had was i went through a tiny disco phase (cause i only know like two disco songs) but i liked them a lot. i tried asking for more recs though and couldn't really get anything from anyone

i listen to a lot of top charting pop music too.

weezer comes up a lot because rivers cuomo in the 90s was the best songwriter out of the 90s emo scene and that's the bullshit that speaks to me. blue and especially pinkerton really aren't too far off from something like SDRE or jawbreaker or hum or whatever and i love all that poo poo too. but rivers cuomo is a better songwriter/melodist than all those bands, so 90s weezer wins. not that hard!

landgrabber posted:

landgrabber posted:

why is everyone on this god drat website incapable of saying anything in anything but the most smug way possible.

landgrabber posted:

i'm better than you.

landgrabber posted:

landgrabber posted:

arent you the guy who said everyone who tunes to drop d is just lazy lol

landgrabber posted:

just wanna recap to everyone why brawnfire thinks i'm an rear end in a top hat, cause it seems to have gotten lost that i was actually right:

- we were all talking about having adhd
- brawnfire strolled in saying that even though he has a ton of symptoms of adhd, he definitely didn't have it (which hurt me a little bit considering it ruins my life constantly)
- when i said i felt the same way before i got diagnosed, he lost his goddamn mind
- after freaking out at me he then decided i'm a child (not realizing that he implied he let a child get under his skin)
- never really recovered

so, you know. pretty cool stuff on his side

landgrabber posted:

i am not melting down dude i was having trouble, posted about it, and decided to respond instead of taking a bunch of people ragging on me/assuming things that are incorrect like a bitch.

i would have to be pretty stupid to think writing emo rock songs would be a way to stop being poor in 2021. it's not rap music in 90s new york.

i'm a girl.

landgrabber posted:

fellas you're all trying to roast me but falling into the same problems i have while writing songs, doing the same common moves.

posting the drill log off coward tweet @ someone online is the roasting equivalent of a palm muted I-V-vi-IV pop punk song in 2021. have some class

landgrabber posted:

maybe i should just gently caress myself

landgrabber posted:

if i can't afford guitar lessons what tf leads you to believe i can afford therapy/psychological help

landgrabber posted:

btw you don't get to say "emotionally held hostage" and "dumb internet forum" in the same sentence. it's either serious or it isn't motherfucker

landgrabber posted:

i don't know what happened but apparently this is another one on a very long list of internet communities i've been kicked out of because i'm too lovely even for them, and also i've wasted three loving years of my life on a medium i thought i could be good at because i enjoyed writing lyrics and attempting to write songs and it was the one bright spot in my life that's been extremely lonely and terrible for most of the time i can remember so suffice it to say i'm upset

landgrabber posted:

dog i don't have a car because my frontal lobe is so pulverized that i misread a traffic light and tried to make a left turn right as someone was in the oncoming.

landgrabber posted:

when i said it was gay and it sucks i didn't mean the posts but writing songs

that's what was going through my head at the time even though it reads completely differently

you're full of poo poo! you seem have plenty of time to do ear training and transcription.

i suggest you cease this line of posting immediatly, and focus on graduation / the next phase of your life. or on your music -- anything but this

EDIT: i have to redact a particularly disgracefully quote, but i chose to do so subtly

Helianthus Annuus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 12, 2021

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

yess nosfaratu is back

regarding the string stretchiness, it really do be like that

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
landgrabber I would PM you rather than post but I don't think you have PMs.

Please don't hurt yourself, and if you are seriously thinking about it please talk to somebody. I used to be very depressed, but after a lot of work I am now actually happy. Things can always get better.

Spanish Manlove may have given you some sass but they're a good goon and do actually mean well; plus that's just the culture here for when somebody's posting a ton. They're giving good advise here. Take it from someone who gets in a lot of internet slapfights; sometimes the only winning move is not to play. At this point you've made enough noise that things have snowballed and its just not productive for anybody. Try to resist the urge to post and just lurk for a bit, it can be good.

If you do want to be part of this community, then you gotta post a little better. And if you don't care, why post in the first place. I feel bad because a few pages ago I think someone did give you an unfairly hard time, but then you also overreacted a little bit. But since then things have settled and yet you're not doing yourself any favors.

Hope your day goes better.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

Please don't hurt yourself, and if you are seriously thinking about it please talk to somebody. I used to be very depressed, but after a lot of work I am now actually happy. Things can always get better.

Spanish Manlove may have given you some sass but they're a good goon and do actually mean well; plus that's just the culture here for when somebody's posting a ton. They're giving good advise here. Take it from someone who gets in a lot of internet slapfights; sometimes the only winning move is not to play. At this point you've made enough noise that things have snowballed and its just not productive for anybody. Try to resist the urge to post and just lurk for a bit, it can be good.

If you do want to be part of this community, then you gotta post a little better. And if you don't care, why post in the first place. I feel bad because a few pages ago I think someone did give you an unfairly hard time, but then you also overreacted a little bit. But since then things have settled and yet you're not doing yourself any favors.

today i ordered pizza and when the man came to the door one of my mom's dogs broke through its gate, ran past the guy, and i had to trespass through various yards and hope no one would see me and call the police when i was just trying to get back my mom's dog that she couldn't be bothered to train.

then my baby boomer aunt came over and talked to my mom extensively about how hosed up it is that every couple in every commercial on tv is black now, and my headphones are open back in a small house and her voice carries and i couldn't block it out and i can't write anything and have still never hosed at 19

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

listen to good jazz like SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS instead of dogshit jazz like any form of jazz with a guitar in it, imo

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Zaphod42 posted:

that was me with the meltdown a few pages back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

landgrabber posted:

today i ordered pizza and when the man came to the door one of my mom's dogs broke through its gate, ran past the guy, and i had to trespass through various yards and hope no one would see me and call the police when i was just trying to get back my mom's dog that she couldn't be bothered to train.

then my baby boomer aunt came over and talked to my mom extensively about how hosed up it is that every couple in every commercial on tv is black now, and my headphones are open back in a small house and her voice carries and i couldn't block it out and i can't write anything and have still never hosed at 19

Yeah sounds like a rough day.

I didn't lose my virginity until 19, I've now had a ton of crazy relationships including wild poly sex and I'm currently dating someone who makes me feel good about myself. Don't put time limits on yourself, that's just a false perception of society beating you down, unrealistic too high expectations. Its easy to overthink and stress that stuff but it really really really does not matter. You're fine. Racist aunt is lovely though.

But this here's the guitar thread, so like I said, probably take a break from posting here. If you wanna talk either get PMs and I'll chat, or check out E/N.

nishi koichi posted:

that was me with the meltdown a few pages back

Oh you're right I'm mixing up posters :doh: This thread has been surprisingly dramatic lately! Its just supposed to be about guitars, man!!!

Can we all just strum some Kumbaya?