Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jedit posted:

Of all the non-human races in the show, only the Centauri and the Brakiri have hair at all.

Uhh?

Yes, yes I know there's a reason blah blah blah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

NihilCredo posted:

STOP DOING NETWORKING

- COMPUTERS WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LINKED
- YEARS OF PROTOCOLS yet NO REAL-WORLD USE FOUND for typing further than your FINGERS
- Wanted to go farther anyway for a laugh? We had a tool for that: It was called YELLING
- "Yes please browse aych tee tee pee rear end gooogol dot kom. Please upload a PICTURE OF MY DICK" - Statements dreamed up by the utterly Deranged

LOOK at what Computer """"""Scientists""""" have been demanding your Respect for all this time, with all the cables and satellites we built for them
(This is REAL Networking, done by REAL Computer Scientists):

????
????
????

"Hello I would like https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Honeycrisp-Apple-by-FruitShare/dp/B06WW2YGSJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=apples&qid=1626366177&sr=8-1 please"

They have played us for absolute fools

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Elissimpark posted:

With a clattering of chairs, upended shell cases, benches, and ottomans, Pirate’s mob gather at the shores of the great refectory table […] crowded now over the swirling dark grain of its walnut uplands with moose omelets, moose sandwiches, moose casseroles, mashed moose molded in the shape of a British lion rampant, blended with eggs into batter for French toast, squeezed out of a pastry nozzle across the quivering creamy reaches of a moose blancmange to spell out the words C’est élan, mais ce n’est pas la guerre […] . . . tall cruets of pale moose syrup to pour oozing over moose waffles, a giant glazed crock where diced moose has been fermenting since the summer with wild honey and muscat raisins, up out of which, this winter morning, one now dips foam mugsful of moose mead . . . moose croissants and moose kreplach, and moose oatmeal and moose jam and moose bread, and moose flamed in ancient brandy Pirate brought back last year from a cellar in the Pyrenees also containing a clandestine radio transmitter . . .

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
No moose mousse?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Perfect

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Canada's Rainbow?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arivia posted:

I literally just watched the episode I needed to see to understand this on Monday. It's perfect!

Zathras is glad you were not being confoosed!

Something neat to note about that scene; did you notice it's all one long take with no cuts?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:redhammer: Every time you post it will cost you ten dollars. :redhammer:

AnalBeast posted:

theres nothing you can do about it. i will post forever until i die an earley death from heart disease or diabetes (im really fat)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Helpful instructions on removing a stuck bolt from a wooden table leg:

Leperflesh posted:

Start with two nuts if you have two nuts that fit.
If you don't, vise grips.
When it just rounds off the threads around the vise grips, grip the end of the bolt with something and try to bend it into an L shape so you'll have something to grab and leverage against. This won't work.
Then, consider welding something, but remember that the bolt would burn the wood. Get out some 2-part epoxy and mix it up and then decide that you'll need to clean the bolt threads before you apply it, and then gently caress around trying to clean them with sandpaper and then a wire brush and then realize your epoxy is already dried. Get some more epoxy mixed up and epoxy a nut that is too big for the bolt to it. Wait 19 hours. Grip that nut with a big adjustable wrench and shear the bolt off flush with the wood.
Now, get a screw extractor, hammer it into the remains of the bolt, and snap it off in the bolt. Also note the growing crack in the wood. Consider drilling out the bolt from the other side, and finally realize that your new table will be just fine 2" shorter than the old table and just cut off the end of the leg, bolt and all. Do that to the other three legs, and then realize you used one edge of the tapered leg and cut 90 degrees to it resulting in an angled cut. Try to sand it back to square, tearing out chunks of the edge with the sander and leaving a rounded top. Get out a saw and cut it back to square, do the other four legs, and then proceed with your approximately 4" shorter table project.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This photoshop of mine is 14 years old. I'm a regular friggin' Nostrildominos over here.

Heath posted:

That's a good way to get an enlarged prostate

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Zathras is glad you were not being confoosed!

Something neat to note about that scene; did you notice it's all one long take with no cuts?

No but I can believe it. Apparently Claudia Christian leaves at the end of the season and I don’t want her to go. :smith:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah s5 does have some strengths, but its a hell of a climb down and that's one of the reasons

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arivia posted:

No but I can believe it. Apparently Claudia Christian leaves at the end of the season and I don’t want her to go. :smith:

Season 5 takes a massive downturn due to a specific plot arc featuring a very young Robin Atkin Downes, but once it gets past that the season gets right back to being loving awesome. The problem was WB hosed around JMS and he thought he was only getting four seasons for a long while, so the fifth season's got a bit of padding to it at the start.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
For all the issues B5 had (including the B5 curse) it was and is still one of the best sci-fi TV shows ever. It looks a bit cheesy these days but poo poo like the Vir/Morden head on a pole arc makes it all worth it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Desert Bus posted:

For all the issues B5 had (including the B5 curse) it was and is still one of the best sci-fi TV shows ever. It looks a bit cheesy these days but poo poo like the Vir/Morden head on a pole arc makes it all worth it.

Come on dude, I know it's an old show but it's like one of the best payoffs in the show.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my body has two feet and zero meters

checkmate libs

steinrokkan posted:

Welcome to the Something Awful forums, Mr. Shapiro

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Solar Tornado posted:

This just exhumes Picasso energy.

Ok Comboomer posted:

“don’t you mean ‘exudes’?”

“no”

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Should I buy this car? 73 Ford ltd

TylerC posted:

No, your a complete moron because of your lovely suggestions.

Thanks to everybody else for the input. I'm going to ride up there, check it out, and try and strike a deal if I like what I see.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sigtrap posted:

His a complete moron?

Actually, you're a complete moron because you started a suggestion thread with almost no information. You got suggestions which included what many, in the absence of any specific requirements from you, would validly claim are more sensible options. Then you pulled the old "act like a dickhead, have the last word then close the thread" bullshit.

TylerC posted:

sigtrap posted:

His a complete moron?

Actually, you're a complete moron because you started a suggestion thread with almost no information. You got suggestions which included what many, in the absence of any specific requirements from you, would validly claim are more sensible options. Then you pulled the old "act like a dickhead, have the last word then close the thread" bullshit.

Actually YOU'RE a complete moron for trying to make me look like an rear end. Although I respect your posistion as a moderator, you made quite an assumption. And I hate to be cliche, but when you assume you make a rear end out of U and Me. The reason I closed the thread is because I got the opinions I wanted, not because I wanted to get in the last word. Though I made the thread with little information, I didn't ask for anything but a general opinion. aventari came into my thread citing that the car was a heaping piece of poo poo and then went on to list actual pieces of poo poo. Whatever, I could care less, I just didn't appreciate his negative manner and lovely advice.

And what the hell does "His a complete moron" mean?

Silver posted:

no u, i tri to halp and this is the tahnks i get??? CONGRANTS ON YOUR NEW LEMON, FUCKBALL.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

[In Gilbert Gottfried voice]

Requested user name posted:

GIMMICK< HA.

Jealous mothafuckas try to play me.

BOO-YAAAAA

GO BACK TO, uhh... wait. GO, um, GO gently caress,...

YEAH, BITCHESSS.

OH YEAH YOU GOTS OWNED.

I talk like this all tha tyme!!!]

YOU LIKE THOSE FUCKAS AT THU JOB INTAVIEWS< ALWAYS HAYTIN!!

I am literate.

I misread the post to the direct DL, I thought it was for a .torrent

:EMOTICON CONVEYING MESSAGE BETTER CONVEYED THROUGH SIMPLISTIC PICTURE THAN through WORDS:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Babe, wake up! I'm in the funny forum quotes thread!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

RFC2324 posted:

From what I understand iks are mostly chosen based on their potential for being mods.

All you iks need to be on alert, you could end up as mods at any time!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah there's usually a convenient register of them, maintained by most governments

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
oh gently caress

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

the thing about the us training heaps of mercenaries in columbia for decades is that they can be hired for money

smarxist posted:

the fifth coup is free

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's called a coup-on

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:holymoley:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

it’s like the time i was watching schindler’s list in the theater during the scene where ash from the camp id falling from the sky. dude in front of me leans over and says to his companion “they’ve probably never seen snow before”.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

holy poo poo lmao

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

Considering female orangutans get shaved and raped in brothels, I am not gonna completely dismiss the " Dude hosed a monkey" idea.

That, and syphilis didn't exist in the Native peoples until Columbus arrived, but didn't exist in Europe either, but DID exist in Llamas. :thunk:

actually, I am just repeating a thing I read, it may or may not be true

A whole lot of human diseases are ones that jumped from animals to humans. I bet, AT LEAST, 40% of them came about because someone was *ahem* inspecting the livestock

Baron von Eevl posted:

Congrats, this might be the single weirdest post anyone has ever made in this thread.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Thank you. I feel a slight bit of pride from that.

The video I saw, years ago, of an orangutan being recused from a brothel still haunts me. :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

"sorry, i can't work here due to a conflict of interest. ook."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Try to guess the thread.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

We need to talk about the ape of consent.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The dark and gritty Ape Escape reboot nobody asked for

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
something something pro-bonobo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

flavor.flv posted:

Who's going to turn down $150,000??

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Try to guess the thread.

Going with Rick and morty

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:redhammer: This is a wizard test, if you are banned it means you do not possess wizard power OR your wizard power is not strong enough to counter my wizard power. Anybody else who wants to test their wizard power is welcome to post a gimmick thread in A/T. :redhammer:

Deadly Dave posted:

I know movies have wizards but I'm pretty sure wizards are male witches?

And there are those witch cults. Are there wizard cults? I know that it's not that popular these days to ask about wizards but I'm genuinely curious if people actually live as wizards in real life?

That is a picture of a "sterotypical" wizard but I highly doubt people who take themselves seriously as wizards dress like that...

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

EorayMel posted:

:redhammer: This is a wizard test, if you are banned it means you do not possess wizard power OR your wizard power is not strong enough to counter my wizard power. Anybody else who wants to test their wizard power is welcome to post a gimmick thread in A/T. :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Garbage Ape is a super OP character in the Heathcliff EU