Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Harrow posted:

I would like to ban the guy posting about his "rapist sex drive" please, someone let me push the button

so anything going on with this or is the cyclist/child/family murder fantasist with the rapist sex drive and a penchant for anal fisting just going to keep dropping steroid knowledge bombs until someone makes a qcs thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
Go You Good Thing

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

The steroid thread really has a wide range of wild poo poo. My favorite (comparatively harmless) bit was the poster who decided since steroids were so good for bulking up, why not try other forms of steroids to see what else he could optimize.

Like tanning:

Or the (maybe bad?) advice to donate your blood to lower your blood pressure:

There's also a strain of guys who post there who have really concerning body image issues and use steroids as a way of coping, but I feel it's a bit intrusive to quote stuff from them.

FWIW the blood donation thing is a real things Drs recommend people on TRT do if they have those issues. So its not bad advice.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i love it when their Lined Up

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

hot with grey skies

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I love Tren Rhabdos band Nine Centimeter Nails

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zil posted:

But there are also funny things that get posted like this

Also search for DNP in that thread, I know that popped up a few times. That poo poo is terrifying, it messes with how your mitochondria produce energy and it is not unheard of people to cook themselves from the inside out with that stuff.

Seeing goons talk about taking a drug that converts you into human sous vides was really something alright

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

buffalo all day posted:

so anything going on with this or is the cyclist/child/family murder fantasist with the rapist sex drive and a penchant for anal fisting just going to keep dropping steroid knowledge bombs until someone makes a qcs thread

Do you really have to ask

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

MarcusSA posted:

FWIW the blood donation thing is a real things Drs recommend people on TRT do if they have those issues. So its not bad advice.

I don't know, that feels like something you'd only want to do if you were consult with a doctor at least. I assume the doctors would know if any other medication or treatments you're on would be good or bad to have in donated blood.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

buffalo all day posted:

We're not even twenty pages into the thread and it's Tuesday evening EST. Give the thread a little time to explore itself before we jump straight to finale.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

hot with grey skies

still cold

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

buffalo all day posted:

what do you mean "until", the qcs thread will get closed by a mod lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It won't be me that closes it

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

In the latest QCS thread about ArfJason, somebody mentioned that WampaLord convinced his dad to sign up, then later got his dad banned for trashing his podcast. Is there a whole story there? Because it sounds amazing

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what do you mean "until", the qcs thread will get closed by a mod lol

I mean going by the vtuber thing this thread now functions as a qcs auxiliary so let's keep talking about it here until people start getting probed

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Roth posted:

It won't be me that closes it

Godspeed, Roth. Thanks for doing a hard job for so long.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I just bought the only copy of this I can find on blueray on Amazon thanks to this post. What a great thread

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hey, Ironhead? What's with this thingie?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Godspeed, Roth. Thanks for doing a hard job for so long.

imagine being in charge of qcs lmfao.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

imagine being in charge of qcs lmfao.

I choose to believe smythe was made QCS mod as punishment for having previously given up his buttons

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pastry of the Year posted:

Hey, Ironhead? What's with this thingie?

You okay there Pastry?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zil posted:

You okay there Pastry?

Incomprehensible self-probes are half the fun of being a mod.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Self probes are what I mainly do with my buttons. Only two people have the rare IGgy probe and I got like three of them. Other IKs hand them out like candy but that's amateur league imo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

If anybody ever wants me to stop posting, please make me a mod because all I'm gonna do is probe myself

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i wish there was a little more insight into the decision making process (i know everyone on mod staff is sick of hearing this lol) because often the problems that come up in qcs, at times, feel like no-brainer decisions yet inexplicably end in inaction until something especially egregious happens. i'm not sure at what point in the process things go off the rails; obvious chances to mitigate damage are skimmed over with no explanation as to why. whatever they are doing right now does not seem to be working and so far is batting at 0.

i think paying the troll toll is fair, i think bans should be more liberally applied to people who are not doing anything illegal but do not fit with the "posting culture" (i.e. they are so unpleasant they dont even make posts that are funny to laugh at) because $10 is a reasonable punishment for the moron who wants to throw his money away.

however, the brass seems to be openly annoyed with the squeaky wheels. this would be used to ban people who try to bring up that there's someone asking where they can buy children for their home chemical experiments.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

IGgy IGsen posted:

Self probes are what I mainly do with my buttons. Only two people have the rare IGgy probe and I got like three of them. Other IKs hand them out like candy but that's amateur league imo.

Gifting someone the ability to go outside for 6 hours is blessed

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Inceltown posted:

Gifting someone the ability to go outside for 6 hours is blessed

I dunno, I usually just stay inside and play video games.

To know what to do with six hours is what separates man from beast

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

turns out the real mod forum is the lepers colony

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fun hater posted:

i wish there was a little more insight into the decision making process

when i was probating cheese thief it was because he posted some weirdo sex thing nobody wanted to read. i probated kolby because he was melting down and thought it would be funny but i think he quit the site cause of it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is everyone glossing over the fact that dude was on so much steroids that he had to have a colonoscopy without general anesthesia

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

pog boyfriend posted:

when i was probating cheese thief it was because he posted some weirdo sex thing nobody wanted to read. i probated kolby because he was melting down and thought it would be funny but i think he quit the site cause of it

this makes sense to me, personally

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is everyone glossing over the fact that dude was on so much steroids that he had to have a colonoscopy without general anesthesia

Well he WAS into fisting....

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's extremely rare to get a colonoscopy under general anesthesia. There's no reason to put somebody completely under for one. Conscious sedation is way more common.

fun hater posted:

however, the brass seems to be openly annoyed with the squeaky wheels.

I put this down to the constant barrage of D&D vs. CSPAM threads that popped up in QCS for a while, almost all of which were various flavors of "ban my posting enemies, free my posting allies."

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

that is pretty funny

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Khizan posted:

I put this down to the constant barrage of D&D vs. CSPAM threads that popped up in QCS for a while, almost all of which were various flavors of "ban my posting enemies, free my posting allies."

its always been that way

have you noticed that the people running forums are almost always arbitrary and and opaque? its not something unique to SA

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

SA moderation has moved in a weird direction. The touch has gotten so soft that mods are apparently agonizing over easy decisions, as if (for instance) any reasonable person would not want someone like sleeveless permabanned. The result is a repeated failure to defend the community.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Scarodactyl posted:

as if (for instance) any reasonable person would not want someone like sleeveless permabanned

Well let's not too far out there

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the banning culture of the forums has gotten soft. there is a noticeable lack of elan within the modding community; the common poster has increasingly grown to shirking, a lazy drain on the community, ill equipped to deal with the ever more vital waging of the posting war

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

so what you are saying is that we need to bring forums raids back?

who can we raid tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

so what you are saying is that we need to bring forums raids back?

who can we raid tho?

coupons and deals, obviously. buncha preverts in there I tell you hwat