Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

If your league has open free agency where whoever camps twitter gets to act on this sort of news within minutes, then it's the other people's fault for not being obsessed with football news 24/7, go ham.

In other news, gently caress that setup for those of us with real jobs and lives, lol. FAAB-only is the Way.

The alternative of being unable to make roster moves on game day is worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Agreed

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Latavius Murray is probably worth grabbing just in case he gets signed by the Ravens right?

This aged well, i'm glad i didn't listen and still grabbed him in case. RIP to the Gus bus

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

I have Gus in my 0.5 PPR league, should I drop any of the following for Murray (Ty'son is already taken)?

Kenyan Drake RB
N. Hines RB
Nelson Agholor WR
Terrace Marshall WR

Current RBs (other than above)
Mixon
James Robinson
Mike Davis
I just dropped Agholor for Murray and have no regrets.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Added Murray in a few leagues. Probably trying to galaxy brain it too hard and he’ll end up on the raiders again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It makes way too much sense for Murray not to end up on the Ravens.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Didn't Bell and Murray both work out for the ravens and they signed Bell...? Doesn't mean it's impossible they sign him, but they already kinda made their decision on who they wanted of the two

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

As a Kamara owner, should I risk dropping Tony Jones (my only handcuff (other RBs are Darrell Henderson, Javonte, and Moss) for a gamble on Latavius?

edit: just looked at the waiver wire and Singletary, Ingram, and Lindsay are all available wtf

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

As a Kamara owner, should I risk dropping Tony Jones (my only handcuff (other RBs are Darrell Henderson, Javonte, and Moss) for a gamble on Latavius?

edit: just looked at the waiver wire and Singletary, Ingram, and Lindsay are all available wtf

I just dropped Jones for Murray lol I don't have Kamara though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

sourdough posted:

Didn't Bell and Murray both work out for the ravens and they signed Bell...? Doesn't mean it's impossible they sign him, but they already kinda made their decision on who they wanted of the two

Murray just became available a couple days ago, not sure if he's even visited with them yet.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Murray just became available a couple days ago, not sure if he's even visited with them yet.

Huh, wonder if I'm thinking of someone else

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Football is BACK baby

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I just dropped Jones for Murray lol I don't have Kamara though.
Yeah I'm not sure its worth it to drop him in my case because I have guys I'll be starting ahead of Murray even if he ends up the bellcow, because I dont trust the Baltimore Covidiots Ravens.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

I have Gus in my 0.5 PPR league, should I drop any of the following for Murray (Ty'son is already taken)?

Kenyan Drake RB
N. Hines RB
Nelson Agholor WR
Terrace Marshall WR

Current RBs (other than above)
Mixon
James Robinson
Mike Davis

Redraft? Just drop Gus.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

It was Devonta Freeman.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

sourdough posted:

Davonta Freeman

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ah ok, thank you :cheers:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ayudo posted:

It was Devonta Freeman.

He's just as cooked as Bell is.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Literally not an uncooked free agent on the market. Even Murray is like 31. Just take your pick of FAs and make a bet on health and volume if they're a Raven.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cool, I drafted Gus as my RB1 last night. That rocks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ayudo posted:

Literally not an uncooked free agent on the market. Even Murray is like 31. Just take your pick of FAs and make a bet on health and volume if they're a Raven.

This

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

sourdough posted:

Sleeper lets you have some days open free agency and the rest waivers.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1436070439621578772?t=l7kcVNug9ye486FrkF2vrQ&s=19

Dust to dust.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Redraft? Just drop Gus.

Keeper, but I needed to drop someone to make room for a kicker anyway.

Dammit, I just picked up Latavius. Man, he must want a lot of money/term if the Ravens went with Devonta

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Leperflesh posted:

If your league has open free agency where whoever camps twitter gets to act on this sort of news within minutes, then it's the other people's fault for not being obsessed with football news 24/7, go ham.

In other news, gently caress that setup for those of us with real jobs and lives, lol. FAAB-only is the Way.

I read more about football at work than home, where I have better things to do.

So.... who has more value between Bell and Freeman?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Going to be a ground game to watch in Baltimore this season.

I picked up Bell, gonna change my pick to Raiders to win on Monday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He sucked in the preseason.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MakaVillian posted:

Keeper, but I needed to drop someone to make room for a kicker anyway.

Dammit, I just picked up Latavius. Man, he must want a lot of money/term if the Ravens went with Devonta

I think he was making 3 million with the Saints when they cut him after refusing a pay cut.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sourdough posted:

Didn't Bell and Murray Freeman both work out for the ravens and they signed Bell...? Doesn't mean it's impossible they sign start him, but they already kinda made their decision on who they wanted of the two

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

Does FAAB just affect waivers? After waivers clear players still become free agents, no?

Yeah I kinda mixed messages there: I like FAAB better than just a waiver priority based on w/l record (or rotating or whatever); and, I also prefer no free agency. In our dynasty league we have a waiver auction handled by MFL every wednesday, saturday, and sunday morning. Dropped players can't be added for 24 hours, and added players can't be dropped for 24 hours, so no shenanigans are possible really. Everyone in the league has a reasonable shot at any suddenly-valuable player, provided they have cap space and have FAAB dollars left.

Not everyone in the league, historically, has loved this; some folks really like being able to act within seconds of their twitter feeds telling them to pick up Gus Edward's replacement or whatever. But this is one point I'm never gonna budge on. I've played that way and I tended to be one of the ones camping the news and I hated it. It's no way to live. I need to have breaks from fantasy football.

sourdough posted:

That's why we have a waiver run at 11AM EST on Sunday.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I drafted Travis Etienne at 3rd overall in our annual dynasty rookie draft and he got hurt like 2 hours later; but it was OK, see, because I had Gus Edwards rostered already, so I still had a starter. Now, I have one starting RB (CEH) on my roster. And it's Dynasty so you can guess how many RBs are on waivers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

That's why we have a waiver run at 11AM EST on Sunday.

That's... not the only game day lol

So everyone needs to roster multiple QBs and TEs, in case their guy gets ruled out during pregame warm ups? Like, Dak pulls a hammy tonight and whoever has him is just hosed this week? You can't really think that's better

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

:capitalism: but that's fantasy

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

sourdough posted:

So everyone needs to roster multiple QBs and TEs, in case their guy gets ruled out during pregame warm ups? Like, Dak pulls a hammy tonight and whoever has him is just hosed this week? You can't really think that's better

I mean it's dynasty you should have multiple QBs and TEs anyway. I'm in the league and it's never bothered me doing it this way. If it was redraft sure, but this is dynasty with 25 man rosters.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
If in need of an extra RB, check if Ty Johnson is on waivers.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1436077069881028610?t=38C3XUrxEkDzqWZIknucDQ&s=19

Don't go dropping Murray yet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

Your guy isn't getting ruled out during pregame warmups unless he's already Questionable and you had opportunities to roster a replacement. If you choose to have no backup at a position, that's a team manager decision to prioritize your roster spots otherwise, and that decision could backfire, yes.

And yeah this is dynasty. But I think it can work even in redraft. It has implications for how you manager your roster, but having implications doesn't automatically make it worse, just different. And the benefit is that you're not hovering over your twitter feed all fall and winter when you're at the grocery store, on a date, spending time with your kids, etc.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
So I drafted Dobbins as my RB2 the morning of the day he got injured, panic grabbed Ty’son that evening, and now it looks like I maybe have my RB2 back?

All before the first kickoff. This season is going to be wild.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Two of my cheap pickups in dynasty this week were Tony Jones Jr and Ty'Son Williams. Considering I have Alvin Kamara and Gus Edwards I'm feeling pretty confident right now.

Now...do NOT let Ty'Son Williams practice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

To be fair if Gus was your RB1 you were already kinda hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

And the benefit is that you're not hovering over your twitter feed all fall and winter when you're at the grocery store, on a date, spending time with your kids, etc.

Just don't do this part and then the waiver settings can be normal