Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That is a gross oversimplification of that thread.

Yes

Spanish Manlove posted:

it was a guys rear end, you could see it was a guy, and it wasn't the greedo pretending to be a diglet picture

Apologies, I'll update my spreadsheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A rampaging mob appears at the gates, torches and pitchforks in hand, desperate for blood. Half crazed they howl their terrible demand: "MORE DECISIVE MODERATOR ACTION AGAINST CREEPS AND HARASSERS PLEASE"

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

i understand there being some degree of hesitancy to act on off-site stuff but that's not relevant when the on-site behavior is more than enough

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

if the greedo picture was a mans butt that is the most well groomed man rear end ever in history

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

some plague rats posted:

A rampaging mob appears at the gates, torches and pitchforks in hand, desperate for blood. Half crazed they howl their terrible demand: "MORE DECISIVE MODERATOR ACTION AGAINST CREEPS AND HARASSERS PLEASE"

well, that's certainly a post. seems like someone has some growing up to do.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
it wasn't a very good rear end tbh

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

well groomed man rear end

i think that's too long to be a username but if it wasn't it wouold be a good one

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Subpar rear end

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

fun hater posted:

hold on everyone, have we considered that we might be setting a dangerous precedent of banning lovely users everyone hates

take this up with jeff if you want it changed

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That is a gross oversimplification of that thread.

Needo the greedo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh God why are there 300+ posts in the last 5 hours

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Everyone you like got banned

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is blood in the water.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Jeff has left me on read for literally a year he’s the worst

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sid has calmed everyone down now, it's cool

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lets get back on topic and about how doobies dog house is the funniest SA saga

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Good thing that Jeff is well known around these parts for being extremely receptive to criti- [USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Because like the last 5 times this has happened the decision was made to close QCS to call out threads and like the last 5 times posters who are wondering what the gently caress moderation is thinking post elsewhere so it doesn't get swept under the rug. The saga thread is a somewhat natural choice.

It would be nice if someone from moderation actually posted what was being discussed in the mod forum. You don't need to name names or specifics of the discussion going on, but it would nice to understand what the hold up is.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Valko posted:

Okay, I'll spill the beans.

I was invited to a discord that Derpies was on about a year and a half ago. I got kicked for reasons unrelated to him. While I was there I talked about some details of my personal life that I didn't mention quite so casually here.

I'm a Catholic from Northern Ireland. I'm old enough to remember the troubles. I might not have lost any family members but I did lose friends at the hands of loyalist paramilitaries, who were supported by the British government.

Derpies often thought it was funny to call me British. I let it go for several months. After all, he's American and didn't know my personal history. I thought he was just having a laugh. I eventually got fed up with it but it's pretty obvious he does not know when a joke has been run into the ground. In an effort to get him to stop I sent him newspaper articles of the friends I had lost. I thought maybe he would realise it's not funny anymore.

Did he gently caress.

He just doubled down on the British jokes. Don't accuse me of bringing offsite drama here - he was the one who imported the 'Valko is British' jokes into GBS in an effort to provoke me.

I made the mistake of thinking he was a harmless but annoying gimmick poster - like the lamia guy. He is so much worse.

Valko posted:

Okay. This is true.

Derpies annoyed me for months and at the finish up I threatened to mutilate him in a manner that would leave him dead and I would make his wife and child watch.

Pile on me if you want for not having a thick enough skin, he kept his stupid schtick up for months.

lmfao

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
fries...piled high

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Valko posted:

Okay. This is true.

Derpies annoyed me for months and at the finish up I threatened to mutilate him in a manner that would leave him dead and I would make his wife and child watch.

Pile on me if you want for not having a thick enough skin, he kept his stupid schtick up for months.

Derpies sounds like a real piece of poo poo but you also threatened to kill me and other FYAD posters with your guns so, IDK. People are complicated.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Arivia posted:

you might have PMed jeffery by mistake

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Derpies sounds like a real piece of poo poo but you also threatened to kill me and other FYAD posters with your guns so, IDK. People are complicated.

do the gently caress what now

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Arivia posted:

system working as intended

same lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

His violence cause silence, who are we mistaken

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

If a permaban gets reversed, does the rap sheet entry get removed too? I could have sworn Pharohman already got permabanned years ago for the thing he just now got permabanned for.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
:pwn:

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Arivia posted:

I mean, would you read your posts if you had the option not to?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Arivia posted:

Honestly, so would most of the forum if placed in this same situation.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
this poo poo just keeps getting better

now we have more death threats :suspense:

please synthy do tell

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

wtf

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's nothing to tell really, he just randomly made a thread saying we should kill ourselves and if we didn't he would help with his big strong guns lol. It's in his rapsheet iirc

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I dunno if valko ever accepted the fyad to storefront pipeline isn't real

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Valko has a history of being not a very nice person which makes it rather astounding that Derples is worse.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

qnqnx posted:

Honestly, so would most of the forum if placed in this same situation.

still curious why you want me banned, btw. how else am I to improve if I don't get feedback???

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

HiroProtagonist posted:

I have some sympathy for Valko and I've chatted with him some and if I'm being honest it's pretty clear that he was pretty hurt by the British comments. But he's been openly violent on the forums before, and it was kind of weird when everybody wanted to jump down astral's throat about what he said when I thought that was pretty widely known. I knew what discord drama he was referring to, but I get reluctant to say anything else when everybody is heated up and this thread basically turns its eye of Sauron on individual users. If not for Valko himself admitting it I wouldn't even be saying this much. I don't think he deserves getting hounded anymore than he has been but at the same time he's posted some serious rage at people on here before.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

HiroProtagonist posted:

It's true. I did call them a bunch of nazi transphobes and told them all to kill themselves and if they didn't I would do it for them.

It's like Astral said - there are two sides to this story. I think the reason Derpies targeted me is because he knew I have said some horrible things and nobody would be willing to back me up given my posting history.

I can't belive it. I'm actually reaching out to FYAD over the head of a stupid poster that we both think is a problem.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's nothing to tell really, he just randomly made a thread saying we should kill ourselves and if we didn't he would help with his big strong guns lol. It's in his rapsheet iirc

Valko posted:

FYAD is full of nazi transphobes and needs to be closed. Every miserable anime obsessed 40 something there should kill themselves from embarassment. If they feel hesitant, don't worry - I have guns and will happily aid them on their journey to hell. Guns only, mind you. I wouldn't want to get within 20 feet of a FYAD goon because I'd have to spend a day bathing in tomato juice - and that's just to get the smell away, they are probably riddled with airborne fungal infections too.

If the powers that be are too cowardly to close FYAD then I should be made the one and only mod of FYAD. I wouldn't let them bully me. Jeffrey shot himself in the foot when he rescinded Lucy's permaban. Many people, including non FYAD goons thought that a perma was too far. Maybe it was? But now that she's back FYAD has realized that all they have to do is throw a tantrum hard enough and they will get what they want. Those spoiled adult babies would get no such leeway with me.

The reason KM seen them as an easy target for her attempted coup is that she knew no normal well adjusted goon would come to FYADs defence. Think about that for a second - there are other problematic forums here like TCC, TFR and ADTRW. Drug addicts, gun nuts and anime fans and she thought "Nah, most people find FYAD even more loathsome. It'll be easier to start there."

What? You don't like my opinion? Well, you know you don't have to read it or look at it if you don't want to. :flipoff:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh well hell this is a wrinkle in the ol' moderation machine

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh yikes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955085&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

quote:

FYAD is full of nazi transphobes and needs to be closed. Every miserable anime obsessed 40 something there should kill themselves from embarassment. If they feel hesitant, don't worry - I have guns and will happily aid them on their journey to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted: