Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Marcade posted:

talking about shortwave radios; without that context, though?

Shortwave radio guys are the loquacious vegans of the nerd world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jedit posted:

You should keep an eye out for people calling you Seb, so you can rush in and post "Crikey! I've lost my mojo!"

:dadjoke:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Fuckstick huh.

:mmmhmm:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

My favorite Dinty Moore memory is when Marky Mark shot a can of it in the 2007 movie Shooter

Milo and POTUS posted:

the cannedy assassination

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Skyl3lazer posted:

The main reason I'm excited about steam release is the next feature is supposed to be magic and I want it

Asterite34 posted:

Finally, a revisit of the original Slaves of Armok, where you could cast a spell to teleport your own brain out of your head, killing you instantly

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Tarn Adams is the greatest game developer alive.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cloks posted:

mods rename me "jet plane explosion" because I'm about to kill a major bong

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I know I'm pontifically late to the derail, but sometimes there are chances at user name comedy for me, especially when Byzantium and I are posting in the same threads. For those who'd like to know: indeed there has been a Pope Hilarius I.

It’s Byzantine, you philistine.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Applebees: When you're here, you're eating bees in apples. That's all we serve. Bees, forcibly inserted into apples. Eat at your own risk.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Platystemon posted:

It’s Byzantine, you philistine.

I'm sorry cream cup

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i feel like i missed something there. you used Byzantium as a proper noun, but then they said to say Byzantine instead, an excellent word, but why and how? this makes me knotten

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They were talking about forums posters. Byzantium is indeed a fine proper noun, but the username of the forums poster to whom they were referring is, in fact, Byzantine.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

loving hell five times i read that post as "i post with Byzantium (the city) on the something awful forums"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Carthag Tuek posted:

loving hell five times i read that post as "i post with Byzantium (the city) on the something awful forums"

Like... They were just massive supporters or the city of Byzantium?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This conversation is getting extremely complex, one might describe it as

labyrinthine

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I hail from Labyrinthium and I'll have you know,

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Watch out for the Minotaur

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

RFC2324 posted:

Like... They were just massive supporters or the city of Byzantium?

*sitting at piano, unshaven and smoking

Constantinople was once Byzantium....ah gently caress

*screws up paper scrap

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:moonrio: Real life people that look like cartoon characters! :moonrio:

Darthbane2007 posted:

Other than the fact that he's at least 30-35 years older, I'd say Hussein looks just like Super Mario.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The darkest criminal mind ever to terrorize the forums

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

EorayMel posted:

:moonrio: Real life people that look like cartoon characters! :moonrio:

How in the hell does a person not learn?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Sometimes it's easier to spend $50 on forums accounts than learn how to upload images

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Some 2022 BBC IT guy: whoa where the gently caress are all these hits on the Mario picture coming from?!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Some 2022 BBC IT guy: whoa where the gently caress are all these hits on the Mario picture coming from?!

Well certainly not here.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

If they'd uploaded it to waffleimages it'd potentially be gone forever now

(I don't remember if waffleimages existed by November 2008)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FFT posted:

If they'd uploaded it to waffleimages it'd potentially be gone forever now

(I don't remember if waffleimages existed by November 2008)

It did.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i think that waffleimages are back

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ChubbyChecker posted:

i think that waffleimages are back
There was an announcement that got made into a thread where astral announced that at least part of the WaffleImages archive had been kept alive by Scuttle_SE.
Since then, every image that's had a filename match had had its URI rewritten, so that at least some of the archived threads still work, but there's more work to be done to get the archives into a better state - though I imagine it's slow work, since it's a lot of work to do it properly.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Tree Bucket posted:

I was astonished recently to discover that Chubby Checker is an actual dude. Like a real-life person with that name, or stage name at least.
It's one of those annoying forums things where you say "oh that's interesting!" and someone says "what?" and you can't really reply without sounding weird.

teen witch posted:

What did you think chubby checker was?

Tree Bucket posted:

Like, maybe scottish slang for someone with a keen interest in spotting erections? Wouldn't be the weirdest user name.
e: or welsh or kiwi or floridian or something

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, it could be both

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Or someone with a fat fetish

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol what thread is that

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol what thread is that

Memes lol

You can check if it is gonna update your read progress by seeing if the link itself says 'noseen' somewhere in it on mouse over

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:a2m: This Place Suxs :a2m:

Smashed Rat posted:

So i wanted to read a thread...not unheard to just browse forums? Im told i have to join...attempt to join...Im told i have to pay...pay then attempt to add Avatar...Im told i got to pay (again)...go to search...Im told i have to pay (again)

No wonder you users are know as GOONS round our way your called MUGS

GO gently caress YOURSELF SA

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

EorayMel posted:

Strange game.

The only winning move is not to pay.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

EorayMel posted:

These are gold. Are you just cruising through the leper's colony. . .from 15 years ago?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ironhead posted:

These are gold. Are you just cruising through the leper's colony. . .from 15 years ago?

you must be new here

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ironhead posted:

I like to play a game with posts like that where I skim through the thread to count how many of the users have since been perma-banned, leads to some fun stuff

Imagine toxxing yourself for mccain in 08 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I was digging through current-but-long-lived threads recently and yikesaroo at the first reply to the Movie Posters thread in CD.