Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Its the dorky looking one, right?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

syntaxfunction posted:

It's all about execution. If you're being awkward and trying to hide your scales then that's just weird.

Now, if you walk in holding the scales like Liberty and shouting "I am They who judges the fries. Bring before me your standard serve and let your establishment and souls be judged." Then place your scales on the table and glare before the cowards and their ill prepared servings of fries.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

KoRMaK posted:

uhhh, hmmmm

so it's this or anime tits that you have to pick from in geek culture?

Philthy posted:

or elden ring i guess

KoRMaK posted:

oh ill take an eldin ring with tits then, please

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The tits will be very unwholesome and disturbing.
I like a good username/post joke.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

You mean climate daddy?

God the 2020 president primary was a hell scape.

Vim Fuego posted:

The man who cared so much about his carbon tax he gave $9 Billion dollars to Boeing. The ultimate lib

silicone thrills posted:

They made a plane so carbon neutral it sat on tarmac and in parking lots for 2 years! He really had to hand it to them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RFC2324 posted:

Its the dorky looking one, right?

Did you know that he's called Wally in Britain instead of Waldo? loving backwards savages.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Did you know that he's called Wally in Britain instead of Waldo? loving backwards savages.

Where's Wally flows much better than Where's Waldo, you heathen!

:goonsay:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The villain is still called Odlaw though which doesn't make any sense

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It doesn't though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The villain is still called Odlaw though which doesn't make any sense

quote:

His name "Odlaw" is simply a reversal of "Waldo" from the American editions, although he is still called "Odlaw" in the United Kingdom as well. In the reboot, he is reimagined as Odlulu, a misunderstood pre teen female Anti-Wanderer designed as a fusion between Wenda, Wilma, and Odlaw's traditional designs. She sports a yellow baseball cap with black stripes and glasses with angular black frames, and shoulder-length black hair with a yellow streak. She wears a long-sleeved black and yellow top, and a yellow skirt, knee-high black socks with white cuffs and blue shoes.
lmao what the gently caress, there was a reboot?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Neddy Seagoon posted:

what if you waldont

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

FFT posted:

Oh for sure. The Waldo canon got super impenetrable after a while if you didn't keep up with the movies.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

christmas boots posted:

Oh for sure. The Waldo canon got super impenetrable after a while if you didn't keep up with the movies.
Listen, I'm on board for Carmen Sandiego movies but what the gently caress is a Where's Waldo/Wally movie?

"The elusive trouble-maker is up to his regular tricks as everyone from his landlord to the FBI searches for him-in this hyper-realistic portrayal of Where's Waldo."

what the gently caress!?

Since when was Waldo a trouble-maker, he's just there somewhere!

/e oh that's for a 5 minute 2016 short starring recently notable rear end in a top hat Flash actor Ezra Miller as a detective I guess

I'm only more confused tbh

stringless has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Apr 5, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I like a good username/post joke.

In his case it's a gimmick, but it is a well executed one at least.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

FFT posted:

Listen, I'm on board for Carmen Sandiego movies but what the gently caress is a Where's Waldo/Wally movie?

It's p great. Philip Glass made the soundtrack.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The best Waldo villain is Odlid

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

freeedr posted:

The best Waldo villain is Odlid

And his friend, Odllab

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FFT posted:

Yeah, if you just go by the main numbered entries, you'll be just so goddamn confused about who all these different Waldos are and who all is in Organization Whitebeard.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was a Where's Wally cartoon back in the 90s. Was actually pretty fun. Wally is basically a ridiculously cheerful optimistic tourist bordering on no common sense.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was a Where's Wally cartoon back in the 90s. Was actually pretty fun. Wally is basically a ridiculously cheerful optimistic tourist bordering on no common sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKeSHj0OUa4

the theme song was atrociously bad, and also this video is of quality to match, but mostly I just wanted to post it so that other people can hear the "where's waldo" I hear when everyone posts Where's Waldo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Karate Bastard posted:

It's p great. Philip Glass made the soundtrack.

Oh, so that voice is chanting "oy, where is Wally?"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What is the only thing worse than goons giving sex advice??????

DeathByChocolate posted:

Ok (I'm on my boyfriends name) I feel the need to help.

Have her put a pillow under her butt so it's more accessible..it can also help loosen things up and it won't be so hard. I read this in some book and it really helped the first time. Use lots of lube (whats on the condom is not enough). I find that if my boyfriend kisses me (on the lips or on my neck) it doesn't hurt at all because I am thinking about him doing that instead of his penis going in, so you should try that. She'll get distracted and relax her muscles and then you can try to push it..don't try too hard, just go slow.

My hymen actually didn't break until 3 or 4 months after I first had sex..I know that's weird, I have no idea why, but then when it did it didn't even hurt.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the theme song was atrociously bad, and also this video is of quality to match, but mostly I just wanted to post it so that other people can hear the "where's waldo" I hear when everyone posts Where's Waldo

Looks like they must have even made different voice tracks, since I remember the Wally version, which flows a LOT better.

Odlaw is perhaps unsurprisingly the best part, and there's a running gag that Wally isn't actually aware he exists.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Waldo's name suggests he may already be the evil version of some other hero named Maldo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dareon posted:

Yeah, if you just go by the main numbered entries, you'll be just so goddamn confused about who all these different Waldos are and who all is in Organization Whitebeard.

It doesn’t help that Waldo 3: Waldo in Tokyo takes place between Where’s Waldo 6 and 7

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Martman posted:

Waldo's name suggests he may already be the evil version of some other hero named Maldo

They're both evil. "Mal-" is there in the name.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Is there an Odlam?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Walally's name is actually a clever play on words in Japanese because

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i read all my children's books in the ORIGINAL Japanese

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ZA WARUDO

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Of Richard Scarry

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Now I know the source of the voice sample which was used as basically every sound effect in the SNES game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3kM37lbm8A

And I guess that's actually supposed to be the same intro song, even though it barely sounds like it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKhQQTTLS-U

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It doesn't though.

:objection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAJN4ojTRs

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Looks like they must have even made different voice tracks, since I remember the Wally version, which flows a LOT better.

Odlaw is perhaps unsurprisingly the best part, and there's a running gag that Wally isn't actually aware he exists.

This is a good and correct opinion :hai:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That show was really weird in a fun way, Wally is so cheerful it's somewhat disturbing, and there's not really a fourth wall, with Odlaw and occasionally Wally conversing with the narrator. Also there's one bit where a forest witch keeps getting Wally's name wrong, at one point calling him Waldo. I hope that joke is reversed in the US version.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

"Dalahästen" means "The Dala Horse"

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

So when Gandalf (written by a linguist) said "run Shadowfax, show us the meaning of haste"

He was saying "show us the meaning of horse" :thunk:

flavor.flv posted:

The English word haste actually comes to us from a completely different old Norse word, heifst

He's saying show us the meaning of violence

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Another failed goon etymologist :negative:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what's insects got to do with anything

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
context: an idiot is attempting to hike from ontario to yukon and is woefully unprepared

Vib Rib posted:

I just can't wrap my head around how little stuff that is. Where are the rest of your blankets? Where are the rest of your CLOTHES? Forget bears, he's going to loving freeze to death on the first night. Starvation too, since I see roughly half a meal's worth of food, but that takes longer to die from.

christmas boots posted:

You cut open the bear and sleep inside the carcass. I saw it on an episode of star wars

nashona posted:

nah that would only keep you lukewarm.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Brandfarlig posted:

Of Richard Scawryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zetsubou-san posted:

context: an idiot is attempting to hike from ontario to yukon and is woefully unprepared

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:orb:

Pigbuster posted:

You have failed the orb.

ultrafilter posted:

buttcoin: involuntary orb return

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the Orb may be following the path of evil, but worry not, friend
compromised Orbs are the path of the future. they will fight for justice