Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Answers Me posted:

There’s an assembly video on that guy’s channel and… yeah, that thing looks pretty haphazardly thrown together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSLoYhsYj8
It looks like the kind of ramp you see in videos where a bunch of idiots are trying unsuccessfully to load an ATV on the back of a pick-up truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

holy poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

:drat:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dave's reporting that Cody's contract allows him to do outside projects, so if TBS wants him back for The Go Big Show, he can do it.

Which probably explains that meeting this weekend with WWE talent where HHH told them they can do limited third party stuff now.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Need to see a version with only the top of his head visible.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I like Cody and I hope he's happy and fulfilled with whatever he gets to do in WWE but lmfao at all of this

Thank you to the people who post clips and make memes so I can enjoy Cody's head poking out of a box

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

A loving masterpiece

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Personally, I think it's neat that they're stealing plots from 70's Daredevil

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That ramp setup is so low rent

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Personally, I think it's neat that they're stealing plots from 70's Daredevil

70s? Mike Murdock's right here in the 2020s, baby!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

There has to be a moment where Cody looked at that setup and thought "You gotta be fuckin kidding me."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Critical posted:

There has to be a moment where Cody looked at that setup and thought "how can i jump through this while on fire"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

new thread title

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cody: Ok how about we shoot all of my pyro into the box and I explode out of it? Look, I've already covered myself in flameproof gel!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Critical posted:

There has to be a moment where Cody looked at that setup and thought "You gotta be fuckin kidding me."

It's when he's being raised on the "elevator"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Answers Me posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WKni6Ed-2E&t=45s

I found a crowd vid, and that's pretty much what happens lol. I'm guessing he's crouching down and stands up with the little puff of smoke, ffs

omg its so much worse than it looks in the live feed.

wwe has millions to spend on production, their video team is the best there is, they had weeks to plan, and all they could come up with is this?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Veer Comes Hard on Dominik Mysterio, Forces Him to Submit; Unloads on Rey Mysterio

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Veer Comes Hard on Dominik Mysterio, Forces Him to Submit; Unloads on Rey Mysterio

suddenly im interested in watching raw again

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

goddamn, sounds like all that edging paid off

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

put this in the OP

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Still giggling over the fact that they built a box specifically for the Codyvator, which just makes his entrance look that much more ridiculous

E: like his options were "walk out onto the stage like everyone else" or "we'll build you a tiny little box and a ramp so you can do your fancy Codyvator poo poo" and he probably didn't even hesitate to pick the latter :laugh:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 5, 2022

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It really is kind of weird that they made Cody come out of a box when, at Mania, they had the Mysterio "jump out of the stage" entrance. I'm guessing they must not do that entrance for Rey every week and he just walks out like a normal guy now? It'd make things even more absurd if they had the Mysterio rocket launcher in the stage, or the ability to put it in the stage, and still did A Box.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WWF knew Cody was coming for a while. It's baffling they couldn't take a few days and figure out a better codyvator?

Should have called Otis Elevator or Mummy Napkin to figure it out

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So.. really, truly thinking about it, did Cody just go and place another ceiling on himself as far as character work goes? "I'm doing this to win the title that Dusty never did" only works as a character until you actually win the title. What then?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ganso Bomb posted:

It really is kind of weird that they made Cody come out of a box when, at Mania, they had the Mysterio "jump out of the stage" entrance. I'm guessing they must not do that entrance for Rey every week and he just walks out like a normal guy now? It'd make things even more absurd if they had the Mysterio rocket launcher in the stage, or the ability to put it in the stage, and still did A Box.

As far as I know, the problem is that the current WWE entrance just... doesn't have enough of a stage to fit that kind of system. So if they want to have any infrastructure for an entrance besides a giant video wall that makes everyone look tiny, they need to just put it on the floor where everyone can see it.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The best part is they used to have the Rey Mysterio knee destroyer entrance. So they just did low rent on purpose lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I guess I'm on the right track in my clues and trying to find Carmen Sandiego for the A.C.M.E. Detective Agency.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

So.. really, truly thinking about it, did Cody just go and place another ceiling on himself as far as character work goes? "I'm doing this to win the title that Dusty never did" only works as a character until you actually win the title. What then?

The WWE is filled with titles that Dusty never won, Cody will be busy for a while.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

Then you just come up with a new story? The AEW title stip created a bunch of storytelling hurdles (why would you ever put Cody over a guy in the title scene if you can’t pay it off? How do you keep people invested in Cody when he can’t be anything more than everyone’s favorite midcarder?); the WWE angle thus far is just normal character motivation

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Rey hasn't jumped out the stage for ages. I think it would be bad for his knees if he had to do it every single entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Ganso Bomb posted:

The WWE is filled with titles that Dusty never won, Cody will be busy for a while.

"What do you mean, pal, Dusty never held the 24/7 title, that's such good poo poo," Vince's decaying husk rasps as Cody jumps down off the little box to complain