Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tunicate posted:

Killing Licoln worked out pretty well for the Cofederacy.

trapped mouse posted:

I'd like to buy an N

door.jar posted:

This is what started the whole Civil War in the first place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Pekinduck posted:

Pretty slick, I'm guessing its meant to protect elderly people from falls?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It's actually for fainting goats but they can't test on animals

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

George H.W. oval office posted:

That is absolutely a thing in the Philippines. My old boss sent something to his brother and had to reference a chicken coup in the address

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How many men did the chickens execute?

Zetsubou-san posted:

we don't like talking about what it was like under the reign of pollo pot

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

honda whisperer posted:

I'm pretty sure it was gip that went on an absolute tear about that fat airsofter with war movie titles.

Meal team six, a fridge to far etc. Anyone got a link to when that started?

i want this too plz

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:firstpost: okay :firstpost:

RUFFNTUFFDEMON posted:

Hi guys! I'm new and just registered. lol!. I heard from some of my friends that this was a pretty neat community..and I'm kinda shy and I need a warm welcome to get going! lol!! So..welcome me!!! LOL! And I'll tell you all about my friends and my school (I'm pretty popular there, shoutout to EAST SIDE! LOL )! Anyways, cant wait to get into this community! Looks like fun!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:secondpost: Idiot :secondpost:

RUFFNTUFFDEMON posted:

I AM like SO SORRY about my first post! LOL! I didn't even KNOW it was against the rules to mention it was your first post! Oh well, you learn something new everyday! lol! So just wanted to tell everyone sorry, I have learnt my lesson, and now I already feel like I am a part of the community! LOL! Talk to you all later!

:unjustpost: Three strikes. :unjustpost:

RUFFNTUFFDEMON posted:

Does anyone know where I can get some cool pictures of some demons!? They are so awesome. I can draw some pretty neat ones, but I'm no artist! LOL!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love it when someone replies to another post without quoting it and the thread has already moved on.

Android Apocalypse posted:

A frag grenade shoved into a fleshlight, wrapped in a Wii sensor with a watch and some batteries taped to it was sent to CNN.

The fleshlight really pulls this all together IMO.

more falafel please posted:

We used to make a simplified version where we'd poke a hole in the bottom of the bottle, put a piece of tape over it, and fill it up with water. Light the bowl, rip the tape off, the water draining out pulls smoke into the bottle.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Fun fact: Uranus's axis of rotation is 97% off "vertical." It's believed the tilt was caused by the impact of an approximately earth sized protoplanet.

Uranus got pounded so hard it fell over and stayed that way.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

rodbeard posted:

I love it when someone replies to another post without quoting it and the thread has already moved on.

Huh, seems like a fun device. Gonna have to try it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RFC2324 posted:

Huh, seems like a fun device. Gonna have to try it.

You're looking for a bucket bong.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nws thread no clicky

Yaldabaoth posted:

This is what the pearly gates really look like because Heaven is really God's anus and he butt chugs human souls to get high off of them and enhance his divine powers

Brawnfire posted:

Oooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Lucky Guy posted:

Heaven is a place in Kirk?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Outrail posted:

You're looking for a bucket bong.

yeah, I've been hitting gravity bongs since the 90s, but I had never seen the portable variety the guy describes. Just load the bottle with water before you go where ever you are going, and you can swap caps to your bowl when you get there.

cool for like a "I climbed a mountain carrying a full 2 liter like a dumbass" victory rip

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

RFC2324 posted:

yeah, I've been hitting gravity bongs since the 90s, but I had never seen the portable variety the guy describes. Just load the bottle with water before you go where ever you are going, and you can swap caps to your bowl when you get there.

cool for like a "I climbed a mountain carrying a full 2 liter like a dumbass" victory rip

2 liters of Pimm's for the most elegant of cocktails and chronic would be pretty loving baller.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EorayMel posted:

:firstpost: okay :firstpost:

:secondpost: Idiot :secondpost:

:unjustpost: Three strikes. :unjustpost:

As much fun as it was to make fun of gooncons et al while they were actually happening, I am kinda glad I missed this

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mola Yam posted:

i thought i could fix her, but she wrote me a john deere letter

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That is such a welcome change from all those big city goth GFs.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Big titty goth GF (grain farmer)

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Big Tractor Goth GF

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Buttchocks posted:

Big Tractor Goth GF

I like your avatar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evilreaver posted:

Big titty goth GF (grain farmer)

She's got huuuuge..... tracts of land!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Somewhere in Iowa there's an fat sweaty corn farmer writhing around in his tractor thrusting into a blowup doll dressed as a goth girl. God bless America.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
what the gently caress

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Outrail posted:

Somewhere in Iowa there's an fat sweaty corn farmer writhing around in his tractor thrusting into a blowup doll dressed as a goth girl. God bless America.

Seriously, turn your monitor on.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Outrail posted:

that's icky.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:fuckoff: If you won't take the 2 milliseconds to hit the shift key when typing, it's a fairly good indication that you weren't putting any effort into your posts either. At least that's what I hope, because if you were putting effort into them I feel bad for you. (Because they were bad) :fuckoff:

snaporaz posted:

oh jesus. i'm not a trouble maker. but if i get banned or whatever for this stupid poo poo, i'll take it as a badge of honor you snotty goddamned fucks.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I'm really glad we moved away from that kind of moderation, I do a surprising amount of my posting on a lovely keyboard I got from Goodwill for 50c that has a really dodgy shift key.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
unban they for they were right

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I actually like that typing a post with no capitalization is now shorthand for being insincere on SA. Its the sort of thing I wish move on to the rest of the Internet, but I guess that would require the rest of the Internet to have a period of time where they get banned for not capitalizing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

1stGear posted:

I actually like that typing a post with no capitalization is now shorthand for being insincere on SA. Its the sort of thing I wish move on to the rest of the Internet, but I guess that would require the rest of the Internet to have a period of time where they get banned for not capitalizing.

It’s not too late!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As a forums old, I guess some youngsters need context.

In the dark ages basically everyone learned typing by being extremely formal on a typewriter and so on, and then internet forums and AIM popped up and the rebellious trendy thing wuz 4 evry1 2 tyep liek th1s and that poo poo got really old extremely fast so in like 2001 it was an automatic kill on sight if someone didn't use proper grammar and spelling.

That evolved into basically weeding out what now would be the Facebook uncle archetype whose racist diatribes wouldn't fit through the filter of being able to express yourself coherently.

It was highly effective at nipping worthless shitposters in the bud.

The problem, though, as you can see from the bans that weren't for grammar and spelling, is that total psychopaths are entirely capable of typing in MLA format while extolling the virtues of drug-fueled kidnappings and sex mayhem.

So as the deliberate lovely typing fad died down so did the extreme over-moderation.

The goons who should be on an FBI watchlist fad, though, remains.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The Anime Liker posted:

The goons who should be on an FBI watchlist fad, though, remains.

well SOMEONE has to be a mod

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

1stGear posted:

i don't

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Typing without capitalization is shorthand for being on a computer instead of mobile where it autocapitalizes for you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Anime Liker posted:

The problem, though, as you can see from the bans that weren't for grammar and spelling, is that total psychopaths are entirely capable of typing in MLA format while extolling the virtues of drug-fueled kidnappings and sex mayhem.

What was the problem with the sex mayhem?

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Pirate Radar posted:

Typing without capitalization is shorthand for being on a computer instead of mobile where it autocapitalizes for you.

for me it's the opposite. i turned all that poo poo off on my phone, except spelling. can't remember why exactly but i guess it sucked and often capitalized stuff i didn't want.
but the cypher is close to complete because on my old rear end computer left shift key now works like 15% of the time. soon my degradation will be complete

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

1stGear posted:

gently caress yuo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I like having the options open for expression and tone.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I painstakingly decapitalize each individual letter in a paradoxical and frankly pathetic effort to make my posts seem effortless and off the cuff when in reality every word is chosen by a focus group

despite this my posting still sucks .

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

FreudianSlippers posted:

I painstakingly decapitalize each individual letter in a paradoxical and frankly pathetic effort to make my posts seem effortless and off the cuff when in reality every word is chosen by a focus group

despite this my posting still sucks .
'I'

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

bane of my existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

1stGear posted:

nah

its the opposite