Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DontMockMySmock posted:

You absolutely should read his YA stuff. They're just as good as all his other work; they don't condescend to their readers in the way that a lot of YA work does. The main difference is that the YA novels are darker and a bit more serious.
The truckers trilogy is really really good. It hugely shaped the kind of stuff I like as an adult, which sucks because pretty much nothing does that stuff as well as truckers did.

Also reading both versions of the carpet people is a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Biplane posted:

gently caress all of you people for making me reread Night Watch for the millionth time and making me sad about Pterry again gently caress

I think the p is silent

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They have their own movie? I thought the only Something Awful forums-produced motion picture was, you know.

The one based on the Jack Chick tract? That was a goon prof course it was, why wouldn't it be?!

Splicer posted:

Also reading both versions of the carpet people is a trip.

There's 2 versions?!

I am -----ing learning today!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Outrail posted:

I think the p is silent

if you read Pyramids without pronouncing the P in Ptraci I really think you were missing out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They have their own movie? I thought the only Something Awful forums-produced motion picture was, you know.

We know?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Star Trek

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:tutbutt:
:metis:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well, a certain subset of users know

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Outrail posted:

I think the p is silent

Only if you aim the stream at the porcelain bowl.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Philippe posted:

:lol:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

McCracAttack posted:

Starting to think it was a mistake to ironically lionize a mentally ill gunman and pedophile that had never touched the internet until a few months ago. Even if the dude he shot deserved it.

Lobok posted:

What's wrong with starting a community around yourself? Maybe he can make a message board. Keep it exclusive by charging $10 to register.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Beefed Owl posted:

Once i realized you could rename your ring doorbell my life has had a little more joy

Code Jockey posted:

welp wife's gonna regret her life choices a little more this weekend lmao

Milo and POTUS posted:

Surely she's used to it by now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Private Game Servers › :notch: Plague on your house. :notch:

The Ogre posted:

MineForge is a Minecraft server which focusing on PVP, raiding & griefing. Blowing up peoples stuff, building penis statues and creating 1x1 towers are all allowed! We use the factions plugin, and the core part of the server revolves around factions killing eachother!

Minecraft has always been lacking a true hardcore PVP experience, an intense combat environment which pits hundreds of factions in the battle for supremacy. MineForge aims to fill that gap, offering a truly amazing PVP experience. Featuring a fully dynamic world, hundreds of factions and the Ultimate battle for supremacy - PVP will never be the same. The server isn't just about killing people without reason or justification; resources are scarce and factions will be required to fight in bloody battles to sustain power - true affect and consequence. The concept sounds great, right? The execution is even better.

~Factions~
Dynamic & Political Environment
Increased Difficulty
Mature MC experience
Wars
Raiding (Griefing) fully supported
Mild Lore/RP elements
Seasons/Weather
Fair donation system
Extended Enchantment System
Mature & Competent Staff Team
'ForgeEngine' A plugin API exclusive to MineForge

PLAY.MINEFORGE.NET ~ For you copy n' paste folks

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...sed-difficulty/

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
You left off the best part of that exchange IMO:

ghosthorse posted:

that also ended in someone getting shot

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

There's 2 versions?!

I am -----ing learning today!
Yeah he wrote it in his 20s and then rewrote it a couple decades later in what he called a collaboration with his past self.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Jigsaw posted:

*counting up where I’m experiencing symptoms for my doctor*

hmm, let’s see, my neck, my back (BA5), my pus(sy) and my crack (monkeypox)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"WHO'S GOT TWO THUMBS, A SMOOTH BRAIN, AND EATS MILDLY POISONOUS LEAVES? I DON'T KNOW, WHAT ARE THUMBS, LET'S gently caress!"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Username post combo on that one.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Splicer posted:

Yeah he wrote it in his 20s and then rewrote it a couple decades later in what he called a collaboration with his past self.

Yeah, had no idea the original version was out there somewhere though. Gonna have to dig it up, cheers!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

surprisingly not a TCC post

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The best Discworld book to start with is Wyrd Sisters if you like Macbeth and Guards Guards if you don't. The best Discworld book overall is Night Watch. The best one-off is Nation. Now it's settled, and I'm sad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol, classic

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DontMockMySmock posted:

I don't know what the first D&D movie has to do with it, but it came out in 2000.
The Dwarf character in it goes on about how real women have beards so you have something to hold on to.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

some plague rats posted:

The best Discworld book to start with is Wyrd Sisters if you like Macbeth and Guards Guards if you don't. The best Discworld book overall is Night Watch. The best one-off is Nation. Now it's settled, and I'm sad.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

FFT posted:

The Dwarf character in it goes on about how real women have beards so you have something to hold on to.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I definitely did see that movie when it came out in theaters but I don't remember a single thing from it other than that it was legendarily terrible. Like, my brother and I knew it was going to be terrible going in, but we were really into D&D at the time and wanted to see it anyway, and it was much worse than we had expected.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DontMockMySmock posted:

Yeah, that sounds about right. I definitely did see that movie when it came out in theaters but I don't remember a single thing from it other than that it was legendarily terrible. Like, my brother and I knew it was going to be terrible going in, but we were really into D&D at the time and wanted to see it anyway, and it was much worse than we had expected.

Had no expectations and were still disappointed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the single thing I remember is that the audio mixing was so unbelievably bad that the villain's big speech during the climactic battle was literally drowned out by everything else going on. imagine YOU SHALL NOT PASS-type old man screaming but all the fire and explosions going on all around utterly muffles whatever diabolical thing that's being said. a brilliant failure.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The end where they turned into sparkles or something was just the chef's kiss on a lovely cake

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Yeah, had no idea the original version was out there somewhere though. Gonna have to dig it up, cheers!
If you're somewhere UKish you might get lucky with a library. I read it on an international interlibrary loan 20 or 25 years ago.

It cost me 20p to read it. Libraries are good.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Jul 30, 2022

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Worthy of the Criterion collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwRXE3o9kMI

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

DrPossum posted:

the problem with git is it was made by moon man linux tovalds who is both insane and an rear end in a top hat

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Sorry didn't mean to interrupt your nerd poo poo with my nerd poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bucnasti posted:

Corn dogs rule and I rule the corn dogs. Tremble peons.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philippe posted:

This didn't go down well at supper. Apparently I "ruined the consommé" somehow.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's easier if you don't audiocast.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

some plague rats posted:

Night Watch is so good. :(

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Jeremy Irons was the only person there who knew what movie he was in and I will not hear one unkind word about his cosmically perfect performance

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Reaper Man was my first Pratchett book and will always have a special place in my heart.

The Watch show hosed so many things up it legitimately upsets me and I can't start listing them or I'll never get any sleep before my next shift. It is bad.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:healthy: More shitposting. :healthy:

l o l posted:

how do i lose weight in my dick i feel it is getting too fat and heavy to carry and i dont want to go inseminating anyone with a fat thick penis since tiny dicks are in now

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Pyf memes thread if you're concerned about bookmarks

The Anime Liker posted:

All my labes. Moloned.

:negative: