Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I thought he was supposedly taking a different regnal name precisely because charles is a slightly... inauspicious name for a monarch.
Yeah, he's probably going to go with George VII, although he could go with one of his other names and be King Arthur if he wanted, though I'm not sure if that'd make him Arthur II in Wales and Cornwall.

Crain posted:

Kinda like Popes.
King Francis would also be good chaos timeline energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And just making up poo poo about what's wrong with her cancer, something going on we don't know about, had a fall - you know you're old when you no longer 'fall over' but 'have a fall' - accompanied by wrinkly nosed knowing head nod by person reporting the had fall. FFS she's 96!

This is the make or break moment for so many aspiring British journalists bottomfeeders.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

FFS she's 96!

the absolute opposite of a nice age

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ah, Huw's back.

Now they're trying to read body language from a photo of people sat in a car.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
has joe biden offered to fly over to england and punch the queen into the jaw as a symbol yet?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Car at the gate with Nonce Andrew in the front and Edward in the back.
"What do you make of this image"
"Conveys a sense of purpose and determination".
It's a f'in car with two people going to see their dying mother FFS. Why have I got this bollox on I don't know.

Wondering what the BBC equivalent of 3 days of Saudi TV showing nothing but a mass of people circling the Kabba when Sheikh someone or other died.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

EvilHawk posted:

Ah, Huw's back.

"And we just got a report in from Balmoral, saying it was a false alarm. She just had bad gas, and once she stank the place out she felt much better.
Prince Andrew is said to have commented 'You could eat your dinner out of that""

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That's very pretty.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just Another Lurker posted:

They'll always be Saxe-Coburg Gotha to me. :magical:

Charles would be Battenberg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Ah, Huw's back.

Now they're trying to read body language from a photo of people sat in a car.

Genuinely baffling how this whole poo poo is supposed to be very respectful.

Respect is when you're salivating at the possibility that the queen is dead, but sadly.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah, he's probably going to go with George VII, although he could go with one of his other names and be King Arthur if he wanted, though I'm not sure if that'd make him Arthur II in Wales and Cornwall.

Numerics only started with William, otherwise we'd be on Edward the 11th or so

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

OwlFancier posted:

Respect is when you're salivating at the possibility that the queen is dead, but sadly.

The royal correspondent early was just going off on one about how she probably has cancer, how she's basically dead already etc etc and now he's trying to do the very solemn hmm yes we shouldn't read too much into this stuff

It's like 3am on election night when gently caress all is happening but they have to just fill air time.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

The routine and procedure is from long before the 24 hour news cycle. Royals ain't got nothing if they ain't got routines and procedures.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

G-Spot Run posted:

The routine and procedure is from long before the 24 hour news cycle. Royals ain't got nothing if they ain't got routines and procedures.

It used to be routine to put heads on spikes to allow the public to see.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think Charles has missed the boat if he wanted to ascend that way.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

My thoughts exactly. The idea that you're Disrespecting Are Queen And Country if you don't stay glued to the telly getting second-by-second updates on her last hours, not-at-all-ghoulish talk of what's exactly wrong with her, the facial expressions of her family and the speculation on what will happen to her corpse once she does pop her golden clogs is just bizarre.

And yes, this whole thing of having to squeeze content for the 24hr news cycle where they go "Of course you can't read anything into a single photo...[proceeds to analyse everything in pointless speculative detail]" is maddening.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

is it true the bbc has to suspend airing its comedy shows during the 10 days of mourning

because it'd be nice if the bbc started airing comedy haha

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What if this was part of Truss' plan all along and she told the Queen "can you fake your death? We've run out of Covid excuses to not answer questions."

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Charles would be Battenberg

What they are is inbred, even Middlelton is related to them before she was married. :lol:

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

A poor production intern is sitting in the booth with ten days of archival footage cued up waiting to press play

he'd like to go home but, hell,

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Diet Crack posted:

What if this was part of Truss' plan all along and she told the Queen "can you fake your death? We've run out of Covid excuses to not answer questions."

It does basically give her a free pass for the first month or so. Even when Parliament resumes any sort of hard questioning is going to be thrown away or met with "well THE QUEEN DIED so..."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

I think he's said he wouldn't be Arthur because it's a bit egotistical.

Monarchs also have always reigned under one of their own names, not just one they pick. So he'll be George VII or Philip I.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Oh great a loving fortnight of parliament being held up, the radio being all sombre shite and the telly being unwatchable while this raddled old bastard hokey-cokeys on the threshold of Death's door. Then when she finally slides off into Hell it'll be a further month of loving about, then straight into Poppy Mania.

Really if she was the great civic-minded public servant she's always been portrayed as we'd be watching her Ättestupa right now.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
One of my least favourite kinds of TV is those shows where they put together a bunch of clips from the past and then get some B list celebrities to reminisce over them. I'm willing to bet there's a backlog of royalist trash in that vein just waiting to come out.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

One of my least favourite kinds of TV is those shows where they put together a bunch of clips from the past and then get some B list celebrities to reminisce over them. I'm willing to bet there's a backlog of royalist trash in that vein just waiting to come out.

The sort of thing Barry Shitpeas and Philomena Cunk appear on, yes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Her Dryer posted:

The sort of thing Barry Shitpeas and Philomena Cunk appear on, yes

I would probably watch a Queen Liz Wipe to be fair

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

emjayo posted:

is it true the bbc has to suspend airing its comedy shows during the 10 days of mourning

because it'd be nice if the bbc started airing comedy haha

I assume this means they aren't putting Stewart Lee's second half out on the 11th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001c2mq

Angepain posted:

I would probably watch a Queen Liz Wipe to be fair

She probably had people to do that for her

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Azza Bamboo posted:

I want Danny Dyer and Ross Kemp to do a documentary about how tough she was.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

how long are they gonna keep edging us for

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I want Danny Dyer and Ross Kemp to do a documentary about how tough she was.

*inhales smoke through gritted teeth*
"Fackin' tasty"

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I stayed up for 9/11, I stayed up for Katrina, I'll stay up for this .... but ffs they don't even like Harry you don't have to wait for him.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Overminty posted:

how long are they gonna keep edging us for

If any announcement today, it would be made at 6pm.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Why? Is that because too much later risks ruining Andrew’s bedtime?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My missus just texted me

"co worker who is a former publicist heard through her channels she went half an hour ago". Waiting for 6pm

So I thought I'd share this Ricey&Cheeks-tier info for everyone's edification.

I'm also hearing conflicting reports that Liz had a fall, is stuck in her washing machine.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Scientastic posted:

No, just his girlfriend's

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
She's been dead since they said she was "remains comfortable and at Balmoral"

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Scientastic posted:

It's the time set in the plan, allegedly. It has to be done at a time most suitable for the nation. Likely some kind of announcement in the next hour, one way or the other.

Thetobester
Jul 14, 2012
At work we got told to take all the mags and papers with royals on the cover off the shelves.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

https://twitter.com/Tristin_1916/status/1567905263390269441?s=20&t=ji7C4JD0pBRxiZynSjgY7Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
"She's dead"

Not difficult is it, get the gently caress on with it

And blimey do some people not like it if you explain the queen's not gonna shag em, especially not now