Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

anyone ever got glasses from costco?

I did some years back. They were fine, as I recall. Used to get my contacts there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
My Costco doesn't have booze, and IT STINKS!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

frogbs posted:

Guess i'm gonna have to get a chest freezer now!

I already threw away the moldy muffins, do they need to see them for a refund? I might just take it as a cautionary muffin tale for next time.

I'm pretty sure the muffins and bagels have no preservatives in them which is why they have a very short shelf life. If you don't freeze them you have eat them quick.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
4 muffins fit perfectly in a gallon Ziploc bag. Almost like it was intentional or something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

4 muffins fit perfectly in a gallon Ziploc bag. Almost like it was intentional or something.

One gallon of muffins

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

One muffing is enough to put a normal human into a diabetic coma, which is perfect if you just got a giantass bean bag

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Toxic Mental posted:

One muffing is enough to put a normal human into a diabetic coma, which is perfect if you just got a giantass bean bag

Please be careful while muffing

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Thinkin bout them dogs, muffing bout them muffins

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
The atisanal bread rolls are fantastic, btw. They're small, square, and like a half-ciabatta/half-sourdough taste. Amazing for sandwiches and paninnis.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Super Waffle posted:

The atisanal bread rolls are fantastic, btw. They're small, square, and like a half-ciabatta/half-sourdough taste. Amazing for sandwiches and paninnis.

and the freeze very well even loosely in a ziploc bag. A stable in our house.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Super Waffle posted:

I miss the torta rolls :(

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KakerMix posted:

and the freeze very well even loosely in a ziploc bag. A stable in our house.

Staple.

a main or important element of something, especially of a diet.
"bread, milk, and other staples"

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

StormDrain posted:

Staple.

a main or important element of something, especially of a diet.
"bread, milk, and other staples"

You don't have a Costco stable? They're really economical if you have 4 or more horses, and if you have the Citi card you can get 4% cash back at the grass station.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I have the thread-controversial upright stable; it houses 4 horses vertically, but you can squeeze 5-6 in there if you interlock their legs.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Went to church last night in search of the massive family sized blanket we saw on someones YT video. It's not in stock around here, I may have to order online.

https://www.costco.com/life-comfort-family-blanket.product.100972693.html

Still managed to spend 170 dollars on random things. Also if you need wrapping paper buy it now. Stock was getting low already and last year in my area they ran out well before Thanksgiving. Costco wrapping paper is A++ quality stuff.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Super Waffle posted:

I love these things and they are super great when fresh and warm. It's an easy combo with the rotisserie chicken, too.

They do need to be frozen because they'll only last on the counter ~3 days otherwise.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Alan Smithee posted:

looks like the meal of kings if you ask me
wheres the slab of onion

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

StormDrain posted:

It's hell!

To be perfectly clear I mean Spirits. Hard liquor. In store, not a seperate entrance liquor store wart business. My normal one has beer, no wine. The good ones have it all. I don't think any in Colorado have wine and beer without spirits.

The Costco by me has beer + seltzers, nothing else. I think the one in Littleton has beer + wine + spirits, but haven't been there yet. Some have an attached liquor store but it isn't run by Costco.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fake James posted:

The Costco by me has beer + seltzers, nothing else. I think the one in Littleton has beer + wine + spirits, but haven't been there yet. Some have an attached liquor store but it isn't run by Costco.

Yes the Littleton one on Wadsworth does for sure have liquor. We went there to stock up for a party. I now have multiple unopened gallons of liquor because our eyes were bigger than our guests livers.

The ones I know are Lone Tree, Littleton, Colorado Springs West, Fort Collins. Perhaps the one in Eagle as well but it's been a long time since I was in that neck of the nape.

Edit for context: in Colorado grocery stores can sell all alcohol products at up to 8 locations provided they buy out two liquor stores, including all of them within 1500 ft.

double edit: I now understand something that was weird about the Co Springs one I was at. There was a weird offshoot room that had home goods in it that are normally just on the racks. That was a repurposed liquor store space. Same with the one in Fort Collins I'd bet which also had a weird side room.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 13, 2022

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

All the stupid regional liquor laws never cease to crack me up. Next door to CO in NE I can go pick up a shopping cart full of whiskey at 6am on a Sunday morning at my local grocery store.

Ya'll have weed stores though

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Forgot to mention, I also picked up the enormous chicken yakisoba meal kit for $18 ($4 off), was very quick and easy to make and made 4-6 huge servings.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I just realized that, as I was driving the 4 miles from my house to Costco, that I'm incredibly privileged to have one in such proximity.

I drive past an Ikea to get there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My Costco shares a parking lot with an IKEA and a Lowes. It's extremely convenient.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Enos Cabell posted:

All the stupid regional liquor laws never cease to crack me up. Next door to CO in NE I can go pick up a shopping cart full of whiskey at 6am on a Sunday morning at my local grocery store.

They make crack ping a little bit especially when we explore the unforeseen effects. Colorado limited liquor store owners to one location. It's up to 4 right now I believe. So there are a ton of crappy and a few really nice independent liquor stores. Local breweries could go around and get their product in a few stores, they weren't required to fill huge contracts with distributors and regional grocery stores, so there was a lot of little successes that helped build a wide range of little breweries that were and are successful. I like the variety, and Colorado does really well at national beer competitions. Not as well as California but I'd say punching above our weight especially per capita.

It also meant liquor and beer prices were and remain high on average from what I've seen in other relaxed states. That part blows.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Had family visiting who had a Costco card so I went with them when they needed to pick up some stuff. Bought a loving massive chunk of gouda while I was there. Going to freeze most of it and have the rest on burgers.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I didn't know you could freeze cheese.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In my experience cheese tends to become brittle after being frozen (especially noticeable if it's pre-sliced stuff) but otherwise is just fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trying this for dinner / lunch tomorrow

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah and these

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

We picked these over the rolls

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I buy the double large bags of shredded cheese (2x 2.5lbs.) and freeze them. They thaw just fine with no weird consistency afterwards. I also freeze the Costco butter and thaw as necessary.

My chest freezer is 80% Costco stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I heard butter is just fine freezing. But I'd imagine freezing cheddar or something would gently caress up the texture or something.

The shredded stuff is already cut and coated with an anti-caking agent so yeah I could see that working maybe.

I just don't ever need to freeze cheese but it lasts weeks in the fridge and it'll be gone before it goes bad.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

StormDrain posted:

Yes the Littleton one on Wadsworth does for sure have liquor. We went there to stock up for a party. I now have multiple unopened gallons of liquor because our eyes were bigger than our guests livers.

The ones I know are Lone Tree, Littleton, Colorado Springs West, Fort Collins. Perhaps the one in Eagle as well but it's been a long time since I was in that neck of the nape.

Edit for context: in Colorado grocery stores can sell all alcohol products at up to 8 locations provided they buy out two liquor stores, including all of them within 1500 ft.

double edit: I now understand something that was weird about the Co Springs one I was at. There was a weird offshoot room that had home goods in it that are normally just on the racks. That was a repurposed liquor store space. Same with the one in Fort Collins I'd bet which also had a weird side room.

Can confirm the one in Eagle does have liquor - stopped in there to stretch my legs while coming back from Glenwood Springs and take a look out of curiosity. Walked out with some wine and bourbon. Can't leave the church empty handed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Enos Cabell posted:

i'm imagining costco selling weed when it's legal; I'm guessing a shrinkwrapped 6 pack of costco size bottles of edibles

they'll also probably have to ramp up hotdog production, considering

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We freeze the goat cheese logs and they thaw just fine. Probably okay with harder cheeses too but I wouldn't do a soft or semi soft

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

the one in Thornton off 25 next to the top golf also has liquor

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
lamb shanks are back!

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yeah and these

This bread rules is pretty good. And it seems to keep forever at room temp. I remember looking over the entire package for an expiration date and not finding one. I opened the last loaf 3 weeks after purchase and it was totally fine.

edit: slightly downgraded my enthusiasm but it's a solid and easy solution for sandwiches or pairing with soup/chili/stew/pasta/etc.

Argyle fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 14, 2022

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Re: Cheese Chat; the aged parmesan wedges have been a staple in my family for decades; can't get parmesan of the quality for that price anywhere else. Honestly the cheese savings alone pay for the membership in just a couple trips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ixo posted:

the one in Thornton off 25 next to the top golf also has liquor

Thank you for your reporting! o7

6 of 8 Costcos with Liquor in CO are identified.

Confirmed no liquor at
Arvada, Superior, Aurora.

Unknown:
Sheridan, Parker, Colorado Springs on Barnes Rd