Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Just to be clear since I keep saying these jokes, I do not actually think Plinkey bought hosed up offensive avatars for Lady Radia. The fact that there's no way to know who did it is more Jeffrey's fault, so we should assume he did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh wait it’s not too to bottom so it’s even worse. This one was 6 hours lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Martman posted:

Just to be clear since I keep saying these jokes, I do not actually think Plinkey bought hosed up offensive avatars for Lady Radia. The fact that there's no way to know who did it is more Jeffrey's fault, so we should assume he did it.

It was the guy in the new goonfund thread who called her a terf <5 mins before the avatar was bought.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it is better but one time my teenage niece was telling me that some event had hired a clown for the kids and i immediately without thinking said "everyone who has ever died for their country was a clown"

which got her to stiffen up in thought for a few seconds before going, "that's a lot but i just thought it would be fun to ask for a balloon dog"

lmao

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Frank Frank posted:

Oh wait it’s not too to bottom so it’s even worse. This one was 6 hours lol

IKs can only do sixers.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

It was the guy in the new goonfund thread who called her a terf <5 mins before the avatar was bought.
Oh... very very cool. I didn't want to get too hosed up about throwing around these accusations when it can actually be poo poo stirring, but umm yeah.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Was just given a whopping 6 hours for it too

Ablative posted:

IKs can only do sixers.

Ah.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ablative posted:

IKs can only do sixers.

That got changed to 24 hours like a year ago

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

yeah i shouldve put a space to show it as 3 separate incidents, over nearly 2 years, involving multiple mods

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

That got changed to 24 hours like a year ago

No, that was full mods. Before then mods could only do sixers too.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Martman posted:

I like anonymous redtexting because it can be really funny. It's poo poo when people use it to directly attack :(

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

weird how a former mod doxxes a literal child and the mod at the time wants to argue political distinctions about it

yes he's a shambling disaster of a human who doesn't understand basic concepts of empathy and social behavior, but on the other hand have you considered that he's a communist? ticket closed

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ablative posted:

No, that was full mods. Before then mods could only do sixers too.

Huh I thought mods could do weeks now or something

Would help if we had a "how poo poo works" post along with a rules post somewhere easily accessible imo.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress i just described disco elysium. god drat it

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Would help if we had a "how poo poo works" post along with a rules post somewhere easily accessible imo.

e:its stickied in qcs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910321&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910321#post501520204

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

rodbeard posted:

Somebody in the Trump thread that's only been open since July has 7000 posts in it and I don't have 7000 posts since 2005.

i have barely over 7000 posts since 2000. madness

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I still don’t understand why anyone would want to be a mod here. Most of them quit, flame out or go insane and the best they can really hope for is that they do #1 before 2 or 3 happen.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

it is better but one time my teenage niece was telling me that some event had hired a clown for the kids and i immediately without thinking said "everyone who has ever died for their country was a clown"

which got her to stiffen up in thought for a few seconds before going, "that's a lot but i just thought it would be fun to ask for a balloon dog"
Just quoting this again because lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I took the lurk more mantra too seriously and lurked for 2 years before I even bought my account.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rodbeard posted:

I took the lurk more mantra too seriously and lurked for 2 years before I even bought my account.

lol i bought my acct and didnt make my first post for 4 years

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

rodbeard posted:

I think I browsed the forums for about 3 and a half before finally coughing up the :10bux:.

Maybe the best :10bux: I've ever spent, this place somehow improved my mental health from where it was

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

WarpDogs posted:

lmao

picturing this exchange happening in codec call format and it rules

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Posts you can hear.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

:five:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

pentyne posted:

this is a recurring issue with wrt to children and mods

"well, you see, technically the child was asking for it, but I agree its weird so a minor slap on the wrist will do"

weird how a former mod doxxes a literal child and the mod at the time wants to argue political distinctions about it

drat you I was coming to post this stuff. It was insanely shocking to me at the time because the literal child's crime was "said he liked Joe Biden" which made him a POLITICAL OPERATOR who was fit for stalking and doxxing. And LouisGod got a 12er from a mod until a much less insane one stepped in after a QCS thread. BrutalistMcDonald was the worst.

Heath posted:

Rydia from FF4 is a perennial Pretty Lady choice

Is this because I keep calling her Lady Rydia like an idiot?

Ah, I get why you're the Saddest Rhino now, being so owned.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lmao that owns

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lmfao