Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Pookah posted:

So Musk has had control of twitter for... 8 days?

I would never in a million years have thought anyone could do so much damage to a company in so little time.

it's just a viral ad for the new Brewster's Millions movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

crime weed posted:

they encoded the employee IDs in the whitespace

That's not what he is saying. It's Elon trying to seem smart.

Some people type like this._Or like this

But SOME people type like this.__Or like this

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

euphronius posted:

The Twitter board would not let him on the board without a background check which musk refused to do. There was probably a drug test too

So to spite the board he agreed to buy Twitter and destroy it . That’s what he’s doing

And honestly it's not surprising that he's doing that I'm just surprised he's being allowed to. Also this is amazing content

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

euphronius posted:

The Twitter board would not let him on the board without a background check which musk refused to do. There was probably a drug test too

So to spite the board he agreed to buy Twitter and destroy it . That’s what he’s doing

He spited them buy they getting an amazing valuation for the company and providing an extraordinary shareholder return?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

davecrazy posted:

He spited them buy they getting an amazing valuation for the company and providing an extraordinary shareholder return?

From elons pov yes

Elon soon realized this was a crazy and tried to back out of the deal . He kept going with that until his deposition was about to happen and then he finally chickened out and agreed to what he agreed to do in a manic phase to keep from getting deposed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
tumblr allows tiddies again just as all this goes down hail to the new old king

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I saw these live when they were up, they are down now. Only the tweet remains no warning.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

euphronius posted:

From elons pov yes

Elon soon realized this was a crazy and tried to back out of the deal . He kept going with that until his deposition was about to happen and then he finally chickened out and agreed to what he agreed to do in a manic phase to keep from getting deposed

Yeah because Elon is a huge moron who didn't read the contract or have a lawyer read over it and hence didn't realise the whole the thing was a watertight sale for twitter and Delaware is notoriously favourable to corporations in contract law. It was a choice of paying 44 billion, or being made to pay 44 billion with a billion dollars of legal fees and 4 billion in punative charges.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Never gets old how people complaining about free speech don’t understand what it means.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Love that main character syndrome is going to eat Elon alive until no one cares about Twitter anymore.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

euphronius posted:

I really think the idea that Elon is tanking Twitter on purpose is giving him an undue amount of credit.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pookah posted:

So Musk has had control of twitter for... 8 days?

I would never in a million years have thought anyone could do so much damage to a company in so little time.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586104694421659648

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I really think the idea that Elon is tanking Twitter on purpose is giving him an undue amount of credit.

I think it’s a fair inference from the tweets that were released in discovery

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
My conspiracy theory is that Elon Musk thinks he’s very smart and thought he could just bumble his way to success because that’s how things have always worked for him before.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

a week at the end of the stock week (a few hours)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
"I'm so oppressed", whined the world's richest man

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I think I could have destroyed Twitter in 3 days.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno, I can only stand so much of it when it's that cringe style based around completely unlikable characters

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

oh we're definitely laughing our asses off, Elon

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think I could have destroyed Twitter in 3 days.

redirect to hello dot jay peg

only had to change a single DNS entry 30 seconds

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

pixaal posted:

redirect to hello dot jay peg

only had to change a single DNS entry 30 seconds

yeah but that can also be fixed in 30 seconds.

doing long-lasting damage that will take weeks or months of work to even begin to undo, likely not ever getting back to the way things were... that takes a real business genius like elon

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Can't wait for Elon to get high as a fucken kite, buy OCP, and show off his upcoming Robocop 2 model next

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he’s not tanking he’s pretty obviously trying to get as much money as possible regardless of consequences. Even if those consequences result in less money

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he’s not tanking he’s pretty obviously trying to get as much money as possible regardless of consequences. Even if those consequences result in less money

it's so stupid it just might work (it won't work)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Him having his av a picture of him as a toddler is too much given everything going on lmao

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ben shapino posted:

it's so stupid it just might work (it won't work)

Inshallah

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

well maybe if most of the intelligent people leave the site leaving mostly chuds, boomers and rubes behind... the advertising space could suddenly become more valuable because it has a higher ROI for grifters and parasites... hmmmm.

elon you're a genius

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ben shapino posted:

well maybe if most of the intelligent people leave the site leaving mostly chuds, boomers and rubes behind... the advertising space could suddenly become more valuable because it has a higher ROI for grifters and parasites... hmmmm.

elon you're a genius

someone said this a few days ago but chuds don't actually want a platform to talk to chuds. they want a platform to 'piss off the libs' and if elon scares off all the sane people then why would the racist loons use twitter?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

hemale in pain posted:

someone said this a few days ago but chuds don't actually want a platform to talk to chuds. they want a platform to 'piss off the libs' and if elon scares off all the sane people then why would the racist loons use twitter?

just turn using twitter into a thing that pisses off the libs, bing bong

for only 30$ a month we will e-mail everyone in your family that no longer talks to you all the hottest elon news! great value!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I just caught up on the last couple days of this thread and I think I heard my brain shrivelling up inside my skull at one point

did he seriously not have a plan going on? I mean obv but goddamn, he's been flailing around for a week now and every day he's taking the whole platform he just paid 44bil for into the quicksand faster and faster

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Revins posted:

I just caught up on the last couple days of this thread and I think I heard my brain shrivelling up inside my skull at one point

did he seriously not have a plan going on? I mean obv but goddamn, he's been flailing around for a week now and every day he's taking the whole platform he just paid 44bil for into the quicksand faster and faster

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I’m so sad Elon took Twitter private because the best barometer for how much he’s sucking is not available to us just vibes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

Elon just needs to make liberal bots for them to make fun of. "Haha stupid "smarter child" doesn't even know who the president is! Still thinks it's Bill Clinton!"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I spent $44B so I could complain about being the little guy fighting for free speech

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Remember when this level of tech nerd hubris and failure capped out at like, John Romero telling us he was going to make you his bitch and it took years and years before the punchline

lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Revins posted:

I think you could make a good case that Twitter was overstaffed, but somebody with an actual plan would take a month or two minimum to review everyone's role and make some recommendations to reduce the workforce. Even if the management mandate was a %50 reduction..their is a way to do it in a way that makes some amount of sense.

Instead he's just acting like that Ari Gold Entourage .gif.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Revins posted:

hasn't he done basically everything he said he would do ahead of time? Mass layoffs, gently caress with how verification works.

He had a plan going in. It was just a plan that would destroy Twitter.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

EVIL Gibson posted:

That's not what he is saying. It's Elon trying to seem smart.

Some people type like this._Or like this

But SOME people type like this.__Or like this

If he is saying that each email is unique, then isn't what he means is that each one had different spaces throughout the email, therefore being able to identify it by seeing where the double spaces are?

Pretty easy to defeat though as it's easy to see and you can just find and replace all double spaces with single.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JAMOOOL posted:

not to turn this into coder's chat but I personally think more lines is sometimes better, some of our devs try to fit incredibly complex loops into a single lambda expression and while yeah it does work it's also impossible to debug. verbose code is at least easy to fix

I agree. You want code to be elegant and efficient, but you also want it to be readable. You don't want to be the rear end in a top hat who drops in a

code:

var smVarBshRdTwtForMdnb = smBshRdVar.ValidateArgument(smTshRedBrt.CheckArgument(lkVsCmdRdBsh.FetchCells(json.Marshal(alGnTwMnRdt[0].GetCellCountVar.ToString))))

which nobody can loving parse. It's something I see people do all the time when they've gotten over the initial hump of learning to program and think they're far too clever. Then they come back to try to debug that poo poo a month later, or better yet, have to debug someone ELSE's huge loving pile of poo poo, and learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I'm glad I'm not some 13-year-old kid that thinks Musk will take humanity to Mars, but am too young and disconnected to have any political thought, and then Musk's constant conspiracy theories and whining about "the left!!!!" starts seeping into my brain and I feel like there's a weird world out there that is dangerous and scary and the boogie people are in charge and now I am on /pol/ and drawing racist comics.

Elong is a gateway drug to hate.