Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Baby T. Love posted:

Yes, but

Also:

What even is this?

I think it means there was no way to go from block immediately into special attack as part of an attack chain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

it honestly might make the weapon feel much better in certain situations

have to check it out

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

Fishstick posted:

I think it means there was no way to go from block immediately into special attack as part of an attack chain?

Exactly what that means.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Baby T. Love posted:

What even is this?

Sab Sabbington posted:

The Fatshark experience is staring wide eyed at a patch note that explains that something fundamental about the game was literally not enabled after spending 8 hours straight turning fleshy enemies into a bloody pulp and having an incredible time doing it

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

Fixed an issue with an Ogryn mustache that only appeared during cutscenes or when observed within kissing distance (note, do not kiss the Ogryn)

What the gently caress?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Daw I just realized the Ogryn Power Maul is a 1h weapon and the Zealot one is the 2h hammer.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Playing my ogryn a little bit, currently level 7. What are the 'good' melee weapons? I know there are certain 'mk whatever' cleavers that are good and some that suck but I can't remember which was which.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jerkface posted:

The powersword nerfs don't seem bad at all. Hoping that the plasma gun buffs do something to bring it closer in power to the high end.

Honestly it was already the top tier ranged weapon to me, with the only weakness being the need for ammo making you a hungry hungry veteran, a liability if everybody else is too.

Now that it has the void staff aoe and even more cover punch through its gonna be whacky i bet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Playing my ogryn a little bit, currently level 7. What are the 'good' melee weapons? I know there are certain 'mk whatever' cleavers that are good and some that suck but I can't remember which was which.

Look for a cleaver with "Bull" in the name. It becomes easily recognizable once you see it a couple of times. It's the best of the lot by far.

The shield has a strong niche once you unlock it but isn't the end all be all weapon. Club is decent too but takes some getting used to.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I usually cycle between the bull cleaver, shield, or shovel.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

Daw I just realized the Ogryn Power Maul is a 1h weapon and the Zealot one is the 2h hammer.

I'm not salty I swear.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Buffed Thunder Hammer to deal more damage to armor. Don't know how that will feel but as a Hammer Enjoyer I'm excited! Also excited to see how a power maul feels compared to the thunder hammer.

This is of course assuming I find a new thunder hammer, 15 or so hours at lvl 30 and i haven't seen one since I was leveling

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Nitrousoxide posted:

I really like the bolter, but man, the animation to switch to it is s l o w.

Lug this apparently 20kg hunk of metal up, laboriously rack the slide and then finally bring it up to ready.

It's kinda weird for a game with staged reloads (wow!), you chamber your gun every time you pull it out, yeah.

Bolter is fun though :haw:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The more important part for me:

"Fixed several cases that would generate GPU crashes."

/cross fingers

(although, very nice that they are including a new map already)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lol forever at buffing the eviscerator and leaving turtolsky heavy sword untouched

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Capn Beeb posted:

It's kinda weird for a game with staged reloads (wow!), you chamber your gun every time you pull it out, yeah.

I dunno it took me taking the Bolter out on one mission to go "Wow good thing they made pulling it out take so long cause otherwise this gun would be loving busted."

Just kinda weird to me how people complain about it so often. I'll take extremely powerful weapon with an obvious draw back so other weapons also have appeal and a niche. Over, say, a gun so blatantly strong you have to struggle to use literally any other weapons that even comes close to the semi-broad niche it fills.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Lol forever at buffing the eviscerator and leaving turtolsky heavy sword untouched

I guess no one wants to use it so no one complains about it?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Capn Beeb posted:

The funny thing is dumping spent shells in the revolver. If you shoot yourself dry you'll open the revolver and dump 5 shells. If you load 1 bullet back into it and cancel the reload and fire again, the reload will dump 5 shells again.

Non Euclidean revolver.

Speaking of, it looks like revolver got a pretty significant ammo and damage buff. I'm curious to see how it pans out now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I have an orange catachan blade on my zealot that has haymaker and flesh tearer. What blessing should I try to replace haymaker with? Lacerate,shred, or something else?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

'+2 max stamina'

wtf does this even mean. How much stamina do I have by default and where I can even look? 10? 100?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Evil Kit posted:

I dunno it took me taking the Bolter out on one mission to go "Wow good thing they made pulling it out take so long cause otherwise this gun would be loving busted."
imo the length of time is fine, it's just the animation it has makes it weird

if it was just your guy pulling it out and hefting it, I'd be fine with it. chambering it every time bothers me a ton(not the only weapon like this of course)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

'+2 max stamina'

wtf does this even mean. How much stamina do I have by default and where I can even look? 10? 100?

When you block or sprint, 2 stamina = 1 block on the bar. More stamina gives you the ability to guard more attacks. Stamina can vary per weapon depending on its defense start and weapon type. Slab shield has the most, knives and force swords the least, and everything else at some level of in-between.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

remove the charging animation from the boltgun but make it so the veteran does the "dad getting up from the couch" grunt every time he pulls it out

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

No, the sword got buffed:

quote:

Tweaked Turtolsky Mk VI, Mk VII & Mk IX Heavy Swords:
Increased baseline damage armor mod vs. Flak Armour (from 30% to 50%) and Infested (from 75% to 100%) on light attacks.
Increased baseline impact armor mod vs. Flak Armour (from 50% to 75%), Maniacs (from 50% to 75%) and Carapace Armour (from 50% to 75%) on light attacks.
Increased horizontal light attack damage from 25-50 to 35-70, adjusted target follow to match.
Increased diagonal light attack damage from 35-70 to 40-80, adjusted target follow to match.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

quote:

Fixed some issues where the Pox Hound could launch into the stratosphere

:negative:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

megane posted:

No, the sword got buffed:

Lol it originally listed the eviscerator for those changes and they corrected it:

quote:

[edited on 14 Dec 21:57 CET to correct an incorrect weapon tweak where previously it was noted the Heavy Eciscerator instead of Turtolsky Mk VI, Mk VII & Mk IX Heavy Swords.]

That’s good, I will see if it feels less horrible to use now

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

One for the road https://i.imgur.com/o11DK80.mp4

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

IronicDongz posted:

imo the length of time is fine, it's just the animation it has makes it weird

if it was just your guy pulling it out and hefting it, I'd be fine with it. chambering it every time bothers me a ton(not the only weapon like this of course)

I'd rather a clear, concise way to identify the weapon is ready to use instead of a vague lifting motion where you end up being kind of unsure when the weapon is ready to fire.

I can agree the current animation could be repetitive once you've played with it enough, but the next patch will hopefully solve that issue! Tbh I hope they do something similar for the Heavy Stubber as it certainly has a similar issue but apparently far less players play Ogryn in general so you don't see anyone complaining about it yet.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Lol it originally listed the eviscerator for those changes and they corrected it:

gently caress! gently caress!!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want to like the flamethrower, I want to love it even

but it basically makes my zealot worthless at anything other than close range.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh those changes make a lot more sense now

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If we're going to have a ready screen it would be nice to be able to change equipment and class, no? Right now it just gives you an idea of what your group might do

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

If we're going to have a ready screen it would be nice to be able to change equipment and class, no? Right now it just gives you an idea of what your group might do

I really want to be able to change my class on the fly. I'm playing most of the classes equally and I don't particularly like running missions where I am one of three identical characters.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zzulu posted:

I want to like the flamethrower, I want to love it even

but it basically makes my zealot worthless at anything other than close range.

Yeah, I tried it on one mission so far and I'm not really feeling it so far.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Are you guys playing Heresy with the flamethrower? That's where I think it gets dense enough to matter.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Internet Explorer posted:

Are you guys playing Heresy with the flamethrower? That's where I think it gets dense enough to matter.

That requires me to roll a flamethrower with decent stats :v:

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Internet Explorer posted:

How do you stay alive in Heresy long enough to shoot? It feels like I got to be dodge sliding everywhere all the time.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Man, even after playing Darktide for dozens of hours, I still feel disoriented on most maps. A lot of the time I just don't know where to go next (fortunately it's usually obvious), I don't really have a mental map in my head, and I only recognize the big setpieces - whereas in Vermintide 2 I know everything like the back of my hand. Is it just me?

I looked it up and apparently they reused each map a couple of times, with the players having to follow different routes depending on the mission type/objective. That would go some way towards explaining the confusion.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Phlegmish posted:

Man, even after playing Darktide for dozens of hours, I still feel disoriented on most maps. A lot of the time I just don't know where to go next (fortunately it's usually obvious), I don't really have a mental map in my head, and I only recognize the big setpieces - whereas in Vermintide 2 I know everything like the back of my hand. Is it just me?

I looked it up and apparently they reused each map a couple of times, with the players having to follow different routes depending on the mission type/objective. That would go some way towards explaining the confusion.

I've noticed the game tends to light up the path forward (overhead lights, street lights, etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the original (and maybe still eventual?) intent was to have a bunch of map chunks that could procedurally chunk together to make maps but at the moment it just feels like asset reuse, yeah