Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

cumpantry posted:

what is it with these losers that make them immediately seize up and lock down at the thought of being a SAHD. fucks sake, that's the dream--doubly if you REALLY give as much a poo poo about family as this loon does

I’d SAHD so dammed fast it set records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for asking my boss if he would be willing to switch my hours around because I am not a morning person?

quote:

So basically late last year I decided to not go to college because I was just so sick of school and whatnot. My parents were cool with me like hanging out but then like after Christmas my dad freaked out because I guess I had been bothering him with staying home and whatnot. He and my mom said I had to get a job and he had lined me up to work with one of his HVAC guys doing pre-installs where you don't have to have any experience.

I get that I cant just be a lazy rear end and whatnot and I like having my own money but my boss is like stuck in the 19th century and whatnot. I have to be at the jobsites at 5:30am to start prepping for the sheet metal guys to get there at 7 and then they do there thing and whatnot so the actual mechanical guys can start. I'm not a lazy rear end, I promise but I have found a better way.

It would make so much more sense for me to work instead of 5:30-1:30 but to work from 12:30pm to 8:30 in the evening. I've been late every single day of this job and whatnot and he's getting on my rear end. But the thing is I could get up on my own schedule, get to work on time and do the work the evening prior and then the sheetmetal would get there. Who the gently caress cares when it gets done? In fact using my method it would get done earlier and whatnot, actually the night before.

When my boss was reaming my rear end this morning I told him my idea and he said I was the 'dumbest rear end in a top hat whose ever been on his job' and he has to babysit me when he is around and he supposed to trust me to be on the job by myself. He also apparently called my dad and whatnot because my dad reamed my rear end tonight and told me to stay in my lane. To me I'm being an innovator and whatnot, not trying to screw the guy over. I'm trying to help him.

AITA here? Seriously I think I'm trying to help him but he reamed my rear end.

....and whatnot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for asking my boss if he would be willing to switch my hours around because I am not a morning person?

The One Trick Supervisors Hate

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Evil Willow posted:

....and whatnot.

Wait…he wants to help install hvac units at night?

and whatnot

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I wonder what prework for the sheet metal ducting is. Probably not as loud as the sheet metal work itself.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Evil Willow posted:

The boss is actually fine with OP preparing the metal at night, he just said no because if OP says "and whatnot" 9 times in this post, imagine how often he says it in person and whatnot.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

College really lost out on this guy

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If I were her I'd just say: "THEY REMIND ME OF MY DAD AS I TOLD YOU" and if the guy doesn't stop there an then he's a loving perv.

reverse the genders to a guy not wanting his wife to ever wear thong or bikini or whatever panties because he saw his mom wearing them or something, it'd be weird and controlling. I don't think the OP is a super rear end in a top hat but I do think she could probably do with some therapy. and whatnot.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Clocks posted:

reverse the genders to a guy not wanting his wife to ever wear thong or bikini or whatever panties

I'll do what when such a story comes up.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Beard compatibilities🥲.Me(M19) and gf (F19).

quote:

Alright this is dumb but really getting on my nerves. My girlfriend doesn't like me with facial hair but my mom does and so do I. She's the best girl in all regards but whenver she sees my beard,she goes crazy and tells me to remove is asap. I just wanna try the complete beard look but without me getting sqaushed. Suggestions please.

EDIT-My mom has nothing to do with this. I'm sorry I even mentioned her.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

AHAHAHAHA DOUBLE gently caress YOU. Who wants to bet identify/appearance choices/partners/not having kids is all tied into something like, say, being a lesbian?

Or trans, and doesn't want to accept their transition.

At the very least, probably a non-zero chance the daughter (or "daughter") is somewhere on the LGBTQ etc. scale.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for using multiple alarms in the morning when it's hard for my wife to sleep?

yeah well i work, i don't sit around playing all day like some people

If I did this to my wife I'd end up on the evening news

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Clocks posted:

reverse the genders to a guy not wanting his wife to ever wear thong or bikini or whatever panties because he saw his mom wearing them or something, it'd be weird and controlling. I don't think the OP is a super rear end in a top hat but I do think she could probably do with some therapy. and whatnot.

Good point. Instead of briefs the husband should try wearing thongs and see how his wife reacts.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

haveblue posted:

"You have so many grandkids already, do you really need to meet one more?"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Doctor Butts posted:

AITA for wanting my husband not to wear briefs?

Thought about adding spoilers but it got too complicated. This one got deleted for uh, sexual content.

Ya know what should be brief? This marriage

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

cumpantry posted:

what is it with these losers that make them immediately seize up and lock down at the thought of being a SAHD. fucks sake, that's the dream--doubly if you REALLY give as much a poo poo about family as this loon does

Because you can’t bullshit your way through being a stay at home parent the way you can at whatever job they have. If you don’t feed, change, etc the kid it’s going to create consequences that people are going to loving notice and there’s no lesser employee for him to blame.

Evil Willow posted:

....and whatnot.

My spouse and their older brother had to work as soon as they turned sixteen, but their younger brother was the baby so only ever had to go to college. This led to a kid that got fired from his very first job at twenty-two years old because he could not understand that you can’t show up whenever you want like you can with class.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 20, 2023

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
r/relationships and whatnot

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Picayune posted:

r/relationships and whatnot

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s already been changed you couple of knuckleheads.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

r/relationships you couple of knuckleheads

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I love you. And whatnot.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

When Diana died it was goddamn years of mourning.

It seemed to me she lived her life like a candle in the wind (never fading with the sunset, when the rain set in) and her footsteps will always fall there along England's greenest hills: her candle burned out long before her legend ever did.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not taking my daughters when my ex gave birth?

This guy is a world class dipshit but it reminds me of what an utter pain in the rear end shared custody can be.

When I got married I had custody of my sister's 6 yo daughter, with the father's parents getting her one weekend a month. This custody arrangement got plopped on us by the judge after we had already set a wedding date, and unfortunately, the weekend we were getting married was going to be grandma's weekend, and niece was going to be the flower girl and was super excited about it.

We negotiated with Grandma, well in advance, trading weekends that month and she agreed.

We had as secret leverage over her knowing that she had been letting the dad take niece overnight away from their house, when he was not allowed unsupervised visitation. She also was coming home to us from those weekends with fresh cases of head lice :argh:

Anyway, I had to threaten her with that leverage, as I was walking into the church to get married, because she called me and told me she was coming to exercise her grandparents' rights and if I didn't turn niece over immediately she'd call the sheriff :rolleyes:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Identity theft in reverse?

Discovered my actual identity, not sure what to do.

quote:

I’ll try to keep this as succinct as possible. I’m also trying to not give away too many identifying details. Also, throwaway account for obvious reasons.

So I grew up in foster care. In my first placement the family had a daughter that passed away. When I joined them they told me they changed my name to hers, I was clearly a replacement. They were going to adopt me but it fell through because their marriage fell apart.

I found out recently that all the documents I have I believe were just the daughters who’s passed. I can’t verify it but I believe they just gave me her identity without ever formally changing my name etc. Through a great deal of effort I got my hands on my actual birth certificate and I found out I’m actually 4 years older, different name and birthdate etc.

My question is this, now that I know my actual identity how do I make the switch? Am I at risk for being charged with fraud? Would I have to redo all my taxes under my actual name. Can I even transition from my previous name to my actual name. I’m just worried about the government and legal aspects of things.

Thanks in advance! Just super lost here.

Edited to add - this whole process took place in Ontario.

Edit # 2 - Thanks everyone for all your support and advice. I feel a little less scared now. I’ve noticed a few comments about age. I’m a 36 (F) when I thought I was 32. I do not look anywhere near my current age and often get mistaken for being much younger.

Also for the people who are skeptical, I get it, trust me. This happened to me and I can’t even believe it. It was hard to put this out there but I am glad I did. I feel like I have a bit more of a grasp on the situation now.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i just get excited and like to emptyquote

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Whups, it me, I'm the knucklehead. Here, I will atone.

Me [M35] my wife [F36] been married 7 years.

quote:

Need some advice as my head ain't great. Been married 7 years found out maybe 3 years ago she cheated. So we stayed together but went into a open marriage. And stuff seemed to get better.

I started a fansly as wanted to get more body confidence. And about 6 months ago we started having a few issues as she didn't like what I was saying to some women. As I didn't say them to her. So I asked about what she was saying to other men that she didn't say to me. So that has been left.

Now she sort of has this boyfriend that is ment to be moving to the UK in April. Now I'm fine if she wants to keep a open marriage. But I've said I'm not being home and her over his all the time as that's not fair. Said you got be with me for at least a few days a week.

So there is another part she has been sleeping on the sofa for a few months now. And I've said tonight now that she claims to be in love with 2 men. I've said you can't be in love with me and him as if you was in love with me you would come to bed and at least sleep in the same room and wear her wedding ring. Tbh I am getting the feeling I'm convenient for her as I pay all the bills so she don't have rent or gas and electric to pay. Some advice would be great.

Added some paragraph breaks.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not paying for leaving my daughter and son-in-law on the hook for all the damage their guests caused because of the open bar?

lmao. we got married in october and the rule of thumb we learned was 1 drink per guest per hour.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How do you keep track of that?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

You don't, you just know x guests, y hours and buy z gallons of booze

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How do you get anyone to stay at your poo poo wedding, is the more pertinent question.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Mx. posted:

AITA for not adding my SIL to the lease?

nahhhh doesn't sound dodgy at allllllll

Taking a wild guess that their state drug tests nurses during relicencing but OP’s state does not

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If I were her I'd just say: "THEY REMIND ME OF MY DAD AS I TOLD YOU" and if the guy doesn't stop there an then he's a loving perv.

If tighty-whities are the only briefs he's getting, and only those are a huge sexual turn-off to his partner, then he has to be doing it on purpose, right? Pretty much every single brand has hundreds of colours and styles available other than a specific subset of all white briefs.

Whatever the reason I think it's a really odd move to persistently do something that is a huge sexual turn-off to your partner.

If it's any colour/pattern of briefs that disgust her then yeah she needs therapy. If it's just white briefs and he likes them more than he likes his partner finding him sexually attractive then maybe he needs therapy. Or maybe both of them should get counselling if either of their weird molehills-to-die-on are some petulant reaction for other perceived slights. :shrug:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

If you estimate having 75 people coming and a 4 hour reception, there you go.

Also I have multiple cases of Labatt Blue and multiple bottles of champagne still in my house, which is cool.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xachariah posted:

If tighty-whities are the only briefs he's getting, and only those are a huge sexual turn-off to his partner, then he has to be doing it on purpose, right? Pretty much every single brand has hundreds of colours and styles available other than a specific subset of all white briefs.

Whatever the reason I think it's a really odd move to persistently do something that is a huge sexual turn-off to your partner.

If it's any colour/pattern of briefs that disgust her then yeah she needs therapy. If it's just white briefs and he likes them more than he likes his partner finding him sexually attractive then maybe he needs therapy. Or maybe both of them should get counselling if either of their weird molehills-to-die-on are some petulant reaction for other perceived slights. :shrug:

Plot twist:
DAD... is a THERAPIST! with 'WHITE BRIEFS'

(forget AITAA read GUMWAA)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

wuggles posted:

If you estimate having 75 people coming and a 4 hour reception, there you go.

Also I have multiple cases of Labatt Blue and multiple bottles of champagne still in my house, which is cool.

But how do you make sure people have just one drink?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Some people will have less than one drink per hour. It's a rule of thumb (and in our case a dramatic overestimate).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

At my wedding, we budgeted for 4 drinks per person at the open bar (open for 6 hours). I think based on the overall bill it was probably something like 3.5 drinks per person in the end (plus there was a glass of prosecco at the start). YMMV but this wedding crowd was half Americans half Irish.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
An open bar is always a gamble. If you want to be generous just put £X amount behind the bar and then when it's gone it's gone.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

8one6 posted:

I'm guessing that OP's brother is trying to steal OP's identity to try to offload the massive debt.

It's this. Also you can't just renew your nursing license in one state and have it be good for another state, you need to apply for every state you want to practice in. And none of them have residency requirements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Xachariah posted:

please don't give people advice