Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The official policy of the CCP towards the US is something they call "managed decline".

From their point of view, they've already won. They own the means of production, now all they have to do is outcompete western capital with their obviously more stable system. Meanwhile, the west is in a state of decline. Europe is pretty worthless. It has a trade deficit and is basically demilitarized. Ukraine is at war, France is on fire, Germany is out of gas, Italy has gone full fash. In the middle east, Israel is also on fire, the Saudis are hopping ship, and America left an army's worth of equipment in Iraq who is now cutting deals with China.

Everything is falling apart, all they have to do is wait. That's why they don't act when America puts troops in Taiwan. The one thing that could gently caress it all up is a direct nuclear conflict so they're just gonna avoid that provocation at all costs.

i feel like the american elite would rather nuke the whole world than lose their hegemony. hope i'm wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

tristeham posted:

i feel like the american elite would rather nuke the whole world than lose their hegemony. hope i'm wrong

i have good news and bad news for you. well. if you consider "you'll find out soon" good news.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tristeham posted:

you’re not

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lmao

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Taima posted:

coffee is one of the few compounds that has a veritable mountain of real, clear evidence backing up its actually pretty awesome health benefits.

Nah. There are some mild correlations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Beached Whale posted:

I mostly just feel bad for the true believers. My partner has a friend who divorced their husband for various reasons, mostly financial mismanagement. He had a brilliant plan, where if you don't pay your mortgage, the banks will actually just bluff on foreclosure and you can live in your house for free (few know this). He's been reduced to selling his furniture on facebook marketplace, while also holding down his side hustle of constantly shilling for meme stonks on twitter. He calls himself a "divorce ape" and has managed to burn through his marriage, his house, and pretty much all of his possessions so he can go to disney world multiple times a year and buy AMC.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

my life for Mickey

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xWOu84qDQ0

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MickeyFinn posted:

whoa you seem cool, and fun at parties

Apr 7, 2003

My favorite part of this video is his amazement that his disney hotel is within walking distance of some attractions

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My favorite part of this video is his amazement that his disney hotel is within walking distance of some attractions

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Disneyworld has a bunch of themed resorts based on real world attractions and every time I've checked the prices they are more expensive than going to the real things they're based on. It costs more to go to the Disneyworld Venetian Resort than it costs to actually go to Venice.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Beached Whale posted:

He calls himself a "divorce ape" and has managed to burn through his marriage, his house, and pretty much all of his possessions so he can go to disney world multiple times a year and buy AMC.

A lotta yall still dont get it. Ex-wives can get multiple slurp judgments on a single divorce ape. 

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Disneyworld has a bunch of themed resorts based on real world attractions and every time I've checked the prices they are more expensive than going to the real things they're based on. It costs more to go to the Disneyworld Venetian Resort than it costs to actually go to Venice.

Who cares

Apr 7, 2003

a.lo posted:

Who cares

I care, bitch

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

A lotta yall still dont get it. Ex-wives can get multiple slurp judgments on a single divorce ape. 

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

En taro Goofy my old friend

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The official policy of the CCP towards the US is something they call "managed decline".

From their point of view, they've already won. They own the means of production, now all they have to do is outcompete western capital with their obviously more stable system. Meanwhile, the west is in a state of decline. Europe is pretty worthless. It has a trade deficit and is basically demilitarized. Ukraine is at war, France is on fire, Germany is out of gas, Italy has gone full fash. In the middle east, Israel is also on fire, the Saudis are hopping ship, and America left an army's worth of equipment in Iraq who is now cutting deals with China.

Everything is falling apart, all they have to do is wait. That's why they don't act when America puts troops in Taiwan. The one thing that could gently caress it all up is a direct nuclear conflict so they're just gonna avoid that provocation at all costs.

this is some real good alternate universe fanfic ngl.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

real venice:
-dirty probably
-speak italian??
-every second store is a tourist trap
-weird food

disney venice:
-kept spotless by army of cleaners who know well enough to stay out of sight
-speak the lord's english
-tourist trap stores conveniently located at entrances, exits, and other appropriate places
-hot dog. potato fry.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Any sources you can provide are always appreciated.

Your stance makes absolute sense, especially as the U.S. has outright stated that they expect to be exceeded by Chinese military capacity by the late 2020s.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/12/19/asia-pacific/china-us-military-asia/

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Mola Yam posted:

real venice:
-dirty probably
-speak italian??
-every second store is a tourist trap
-weird food

disney venice:
-kept spotless by army of cleaners who know well enough to stay out of sight
-speak the lord's english
-tourist trap stores conveniently located at entrances, exits, and other appropriate places
-hot dog. potato fry.

venice and a lot of italy is pretty clean but yeah

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Here's the thing about baking: It's chemistry. If you're bad at chemistry, you're bad at baking.

This is what happened when I tried to make buttermilk biscuits a while back:

adding this to ironcrownedcrimes.xls

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
jfc dont post stuff like that

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

seems like fantasy but I hope you're right. US will absolutely go down swinging imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
no loving clue how you gently caress up biscuits.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

MickeyFinn posted:

coffee is one of the few foods or supplements that has some mild correlations backing up its pretty awesome health benefits.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
btw from that video yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_cfzVCHPjU&t=142s

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

this is some real good alternate universe fanfic ngl.

go back to sucking off Buttigieg and gently caress off

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
managed decline is a cool policy idea but I don’t know if it is compatible with capitalism; I don’t think you can really just have a “little” capitalism

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Radirot posted:

go back to sucking off Buttigieg and gently caress off

no need to be homophobic

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

no need to be homophobic

lol oh please, stfu.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i've heard "managed decline" often used to describe the us elites' own policy of deliberately deindustrializing and hollowing out the country.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I dunno I was in yet another new manufacturing facility today. it’s becoming a thing frankly.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"Managed decline" is when you sit down and very intently use your powerful faculties to manifest your enemy's demise.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lmao

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Managed decline is also a sort of cope.

We're not crumbling under the weight of our own mobility scooter borne incompetence, it's actually those guys over there doing it! We're innocent!

Sometimes a rotting house collapses by itself. You don't need a demo team.