Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

skooma512 posted:

I thought it would overferment.
:confused:

wait…oh okay sounds like a white person told you that, like “over seasoned”..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1639275653714386946?s=20

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Was he inside at the time?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

shrike82 posted:

lmao just reminded of this tweet

Censoring the word "gently caress" really adds to the effect

We gonna b*rn this f-ing b-word down, y'all!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

By chance he happened to be in the office sipping on some choice Amontillado

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

super sweet best pal posted:

Not yet. They need find the Amontillado.

Edit: fffffff ^^^^

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

admittingly yes you're right, but it's hard to describe the nuances. police are weapons of the ruling elite, but they also can act in their own interest because they like to flex and beat some people. this was mostly a case of cops liking busting some people up yelling about em because their feelings were hurt. In this case the ruling elite were never actually scared of BLM, they were quite secure and some even went along with it (for appearances only), even NPR coverage was mostly "pro" (at least in the liberal sense of token racism) whereas it was very negative on OWS. This unfolded that way because there was not a significant class component to the protests (although there should have been) and the framing was largely one of racism/bad apples rather than exploitation and rich-getting-richer.

blm were largely over in like under a month besides some token sideshow thing like CHOP, whereas OWS went on for closer to a year (although the energy was gone by the tail-end). but yes they were both failures overall.

i dunno people are probably just gonna remember BLM protests more cuz it coincided with covid and all that.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Some bitcoin moron made an impossibly stupid bet on Twitter:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/balajis/status/1639420366643920897

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The future of car insurance

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ah yes, 'stablecoins' (i.e, wash trading vehicles).

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

The future of car insurance

Lmao I can imagine insurance companies citing bullshit metrics which allows them to lapse coverage right before the car gets in an accident

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Lmao I can imagine insurance companies citing bullshit metrics which allows them to lapse coverage right before the car gets in an accident

Well, a sudden unplanned extreme deceleration event would be a clear indicator of being an unsafe driver

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1639322146332905472?s=20

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

eat poo poo tim apple

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1639413523238342658

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Economy is now trembling.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dest,
You denied my vacation request

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PublishersWkly/status/1639390560820637697?t=qiuQG9Y33Jz0mfpfUKaymQ&s=19

Seems bad

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Hershey, Pennsylvania sends their regards

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
pete buttigieg: "we have hundreds of explosions at chocolate factories every year, it's normal"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

the explosion is transitory

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gildiss posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

this loving sucks

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Al! posted:

this loving sucks

What does it mean

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OWS and the George Floyd riots were unsuccessful in that they did not accomplish anything concrete, but you can't say they haven't significantly changed the culture. The language and framing of OWS is still used every day when they talk about 1%, and cops are no longer seen as the heros they once were. These are big shifts in the way america thinks about the ruling elite and their cronies. No longer at they to be worshiped but instead are now demonized. Billionaires are universally reviled: Zuckerberg, Bezos, Musk, people loving hate them. And now ACAB isn't some weird fringe concept. People have seen with their own eyes that all cops are indeed bastards.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Playing sim city 2000 with everything in the budget set to zero so I can watch it all fall apart but it's the whole country and I'm a sim.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

err posted:

What does it mean

internet archive shut down or rocked with DMCA takedowns

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

'Chocolate'.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quote:

Nearly $100 billion in deposits pulled from banks; officials call system ‘sound and resilient’

Regulators again assured the public that the banking system is safe, as fresh data showed customers recently pulled nearly $100 billion in deposits.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and more than a dozen other officials convened a special closed meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council on Friday.

A readout from the session indicated that a New York Fed staff member briefed the group on “market developments.”

“The Council discussed current conditions in the banking sector and noted that while some institutions have come under stress, the U.S. banking system remains sound and resilient,” the statement said. “The Council also discussed ongoing efforts at member agencies to monitor financial developments.”

There were no other details provided on the meeting.

The readout, released shortly after the market closed Friday, came around the same time as new Fed data showed that bank customers collectively pulled $98.4 billion from accounts for the week ended March 15.

That would have covered the period when the sudden failures of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank rocked the industry.

. . .

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/24/100-billion-pulled-from-banks-but-system-called-sound-and-resilient.html

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Al! posted:

internet archive shut down or rocked with DMCA takedowns

I think it only applies to their online book lending feature fwiw but i think the internet archives days are probably numbered regardless tbh

The internet in general sucks now. Thanks capitalism!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

someone could be profiting from those archives, it doesn't make sense to just give it all away for free

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

JEsus christ

quote:

According to Pennsylvania Emergency Management two people are dead, seven are missing, and six have been hospitalized.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

sound and resilient
ound and resilient s
und and resilient so
nd and resilient sou
d and resilient soun
and resilient sound
nd resilient sound a
d resilient sound an
resilient sound and
esilient sound and r
silient sound and re
ilient sound and res
lient sound and resi
ient sound and resil
ent sound and resili
nt sound and resilie
t sound and reslien
sound and resilient

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

coelomate posted:

sound and resilient
ound and resilient s
und and resilient so
nd and resilient sou
d and resilient soun
and resilient sound
nd resilient sound a
d resilient sound an
resilient sound and
esilient sound and r
silient sound and re
ilient sound and res
lient sound and resi
ient sound and resil
ent sound and resili
nt sound and resilie
t sound and reslien
sound and resilient

what is this aol in 1998

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
drat warheads getting an upgrade?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

drat warheads getting an upgrade?

lol

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Gildiss posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

i wonder if they also do badge swipes for going to the toilet.