Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it's time to stop making new things. let what is already made marinate a bit. get real juicy with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
:yeshaha:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hollywood's not really making a whole lot of new stuff anyway; a lot of it is either a Marvel movie (all of which are pretty much the same movie) or terrible remakes of '80s and '90s TV/movies.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I mean if the writers are already on strike everyone else might as well go out and strike too.

Lessail posted:

it's time to stop making new things. let what is already made marinate a bit. get real juicy with it

Didn't we stop making new things though? This month's big premiere is The Little Mermaid.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

skooma512 posted:

I mean if the writers are already on strike everyone else might as well go out and strike too.

Didn't we stop making new things though? This month's big premiere is The Little Mermaid.

Avatar 2 was last month or the one before yeah?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lessail posted:

That's what I'm saying, we've got a surplus of content right now. Let's chill out and make something else

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

The Oldest Man posted:

Every new industry is filled with the worst form of robber baron executive and tycoon because you need to be a particular kind of cut-throat to cement your power when it is new and unsettled, those who follow follow are happy to coast on the dividends from what their predecessors stole. Same poo poo as when the railroads were first getting built out.

This is a particularly apt comparison given that Stanford was a railroad robber baron.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah if I was an actor I would be extremely concerned about AI stuff considering Disney's constant use of ai actors now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

omg Biden isn’t even getting the removal
of the debt limit ??

Haven't you been posting here for years? They never get rid of it! Everyone knows it's insane and suicidal, even economists, but any sort of legislative change is considered impossible and wildly radical because it's "part of the history of our institution."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Next, you’re gonna tell me that we still have the filibuster

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

That's what I'm saying, we've got a surplus of content right now. Let's chill out and make something else

this thread is the only content we need

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
just a literal loving parasite on society and they know this and revel in it.

$24 Million is just a slap on the wrist for them

https://twitter.com/jasonmeinero/status/1640313972682268672?t=EebQmtgmadlIcGhkrV6YWg&s=19

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

just a literal loving parasite on society and they know this and revel in it.

$24 Million is just a slap on the wrist for them

https://twitter.com/jasonmeinero/status/1640313972682268672?t=EebQmtgmadlIcGhkrV6YWg&s=19

One would think that engaging in fraud and extortion as an entire business model would mean the company is dissolved and the leaders put in jail.

One would think

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

skooma512 posted:

One would think that engaging in fraud and extortion as an entire business model would mean the company is dissolved and the leaders put in jail.

One would think

looking into it

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
i thought the Supreme Court ruled the cfpb was unconstitutional

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

skooma512 posted:

One would think

Why would you think that? :confused: All businesses are constructed and perpetuate on some form of fraud and/or extortion.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm going to buy a third house just to spite Hootington

haha yeah it's just Hootington

we all think you're great and that this wasn't an entirely predictable arc for a person whose personality is: rich, computer toucher, anxiety

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah the only thing missing from the amazingly interesting and riveting 47,000 part saga of PFC-never-shuts-the-gently caress-up-about-Pittsburgh-housing was them becoming a landlord

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

your fun reminder that fran drescher was shiva ayyadurai between 2014-2016

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm going to buy a third house just to spite Hootington

This means you'll buy the place I'm renting? It's a nice spot, went for 120k few years ago. I think you can get it and it'll be funny if you're my landlord lol...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Oldest Man posted:

You were trained to be a mid level court functionary

They are being trained to inherit feudal titles

:hf:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I can't hear you from the lofty heights of my Queen Anne-style turret office.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

stanford is the worst university in america and its not even close lol

its sole purpose is to produce a steady stream of little eichmanns

I dunno, Chicago & George Mason both seem to give Stanford a run for their money. And honestly, Harvard has a hard to beat list of psychos for alumni.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Vox earning that star

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

forkboy84 posted:

I dunno, Chicago & George Mason both seem to give Stanford a run for their money. And honestly, Harvard has a hard to beat list of psychos for alumni.

george mason seems to have the most completely distilled insanely racist lolbertarian trust fundie shitheads than anywhere else. not a single gm grad is innocent whereas there's at least 1 or 2 normal stanford/harvard grads that got in lucky or token diversity

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

skooma512 posted:

One would think

what do you think this is? china???

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

From the simpsons meme thread

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

yeah the only thing missing from the amazingly interesting and riveting 47,000 part saga of PFC-never-shuts-the-gently caress-up-about-Pittsburgh-housing was them becoming a landlord

If you become a landlord in Pittsburgh you have brain damage

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

the end of the arc is him asking for advice in BFC about evicting a tenant

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Xaris posted:

george mason seems to have the most completely distilled insanely racist lolbertarian trust fundie shitheads than anywhere else. not a single gm grad is innocent whereas there's at least 1 or 2 normal stanford/harvard grads that got in lucky or token diversity

George Mason is explicitly Koch captured.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
and that Stanford stuff manages to be worse than Koch stuff. I mean I’ve seen the Koch up close and that little bit of Stanford stuff posted has way more psychopath infection warts.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1659341201231826945?s=20

https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1659344364194222080?s=20

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

"Multiple decorations"? Adding ribbons is a burden lmao, who needs it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

drat for real? oof, they gotta be hurtin to make a call like that on something brand new

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
see they tried to sell people on $5000 star wars vacations when they should have stuck with the Club Disney idea and been selling them $500 star wars spa days at an adult day care

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

see they tried to sell people on $5000 star wars vacations when they should have stuck with the Club Disney idea and been selling them $500 star wars spa days at an adult day care

We'll let you build a lightsaber for $5000

We'll let you report rebels to the empire for $5000

We'll let you try out whatever the gently caress "death sticks" are for $5000

We'll let you gently caress chewbacca for $5000

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

if you ask for an ewok chris hanson comes out in a jedi robe

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
how tf do you lose money on a $5000/2 night hotel

also last i heard it was booked out for months, did interest just evaporate after the first wave of rich dorks, or is this a case of "well it's extremely profitable, but not ludicrously profitable, so we should cut it"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i guess when all of your movies somehow make a billion dollars even if they're abject poo poo, 50 million/year profit on a hotel isn't worth the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Donald Trump is right