Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I just watched Becky and it was quite good. loved seeing a few dollars in physical effects onscreen, the lawnmower aftermath was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I'm still shocked that there were three sequels to Psycho and that I ended up liking them all

Definitely. Psycho II was a huge surprise when I watched it. It feels like it should be the most unnecessary sequel out there but Anthony Perkins puts his all into his role and justifies its existence with a genuinely interesting follow-up. I still need to see Psycho III.

I pick wrestler!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na trunkman!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

Random thoughts:

I haven’t seen the 1989 Woman in Black, maybe I should give it a shot

I caught up with it last October and it’s extremely good, def seek it out.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

feedmyleg posted:

drat, forgot how extremely good City of the Dead is. What a cool loving movie.

The match cut to the cake cutting is great.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

alf_pogs posted:

I just watched Becky and it was quite good. loved seeing a few dollars in physical effects onscreen, the lawnmower aftermath was great

I prefer the sequel (maybe because I watched it first) but both movies are in my "Oh holy poo poo this surprised me and I enjoyed the gently caress out of them" bucket. I really wasn't expecting them to be as fun as they are. From Wrath of Becky "You missed my brain!" is one of the funniest gags I've seen in a while.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

I'm just itching to see series 1 and 2 now.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I like how it's all these monsters and supernatural creatures and then just... "thief." like :shrug:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm sure Talk To Me is gonna be alright but man that trailer is bad. A24 usually has their poo poo together in this regard.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Definitely. Psycho II was a huge surprise when I watched it. It feels like it should be the most unnecessary sequel out there but Anthony Perkins puts his all into his role and justifies its existence with a genuinely interesting follow-up. I still need to see Psycho III

It was one of the first films that Tom Holland(who went on to direct Fright Night and Child's Play) wrote, and that seems to have been the key thing because Perkins initially turned down the movie but eventually accepted after he got a chance to read Holland's script. And I can see why, a sequel to Psycho could've easily just been a run of the mill slasher but Holland wrote it as a real character piece about Norman.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Anyone see Cobweb?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm sure Talk To Me is gonna be alright but man that trailer is bad. A24 usually has their poo poo together in this regard.

yeah i thought that trailer looked kinda terrible outside of the kangaroo, i've been struggling to understand the hype

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Remember that movie Nerve with Dave Franco and Emma Roberts? Mind you, I like that movie, but it looks like that or the Flatliners remake.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Anyone see Cobweb?

Yes and it is BIZARRE, way weirder than The Devil Inside sending you to a website at the very end.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Yes and it is BIZARRE, way weirder than The Devil Inside sending you to a website at the very end.

Well now I'm intrigued!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Same!

Which one?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shrecknet posted:

I like how it's all these monsters and supernatural creatures and then just... "thief." like :shrug:

WHERE? WHERE!?

Jesus, warn me when you're going to use the "T" word! :cry:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm gonna see Talk To Me this week, the trailer doesn't look great, but according to the reviews it's pretty good. Cobweb doesn't come out here till September, but I'm actually kinda excited for it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m excited for dear David bc it looks like a big stinky pile of crap. I want to laugh at it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Well now I'm intrigued!

It's yet another movie that really comes across as though it was originally conceived as a streaming series. That's not all bad necessarily, Mulholland Drive is famously constructed from partial pilot pitched to ABC, I believe.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I’m excited for dear David bc it looks like a big stinky pile of crap. I want to laugh at it

Dear David and Exorcist are coming out on the same day, and this is my Barbenheimer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The terminally online marathon

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

It's yet another movie that really comes across as though it was originally conceived as a streaming series. That's not all bad necessarily, Mulholland Drive is famously constructed from partial pilot pitched to ABC, I believe.

Is it the Korean or English Cobweb you're talking about?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
English, I did not even know there was a Korean Cobweb.

Oh, wait you mean the movie submitted to Cannes, not that one.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol can u link me the imdb or lb entry then? Haha wanna seek it out

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So we've got two goons saying Becky is...good???
Can I get another amen?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Can I get another amen?

I liked Becky, and I liked Wrath of Becky even more. :colbert:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol can u link me the imdb or lb entry then? Haha wanna seek it out

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9100018/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Can I get another amen?

I don't know if I would call them "good movies" but they are enjoyable as gently caress to me.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Its bizarre that they left off House 1985 as a haunted house film.

I love that movie and i love William Katt in it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Right on thanks man

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The burglar walking into this scene and Homering right back into the bushes

(If the Santo movies are any guide, a gathering like this is a regular Tuesday for a luchador)

E: also that's a buff fuckin alien. If greys were that buff X-Com would make more sense. You take a 95% shot and miss? You didnt actually miss, the sectoid just fucken eats it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Marcade posted:

Nexomon Extinction is a pokemon clone that has two great little things going for it. First, enemy trainers reset very quickly so you can grind money/exp super fast if you feel like it. Second, the writing does not take itself seriously at all. One of the side quests is from a ghost who asks you to go to his old house and delete his browser history.

Marcade posted this in the Little Things In Games thread in pyf and I immediately thought of yall

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Dear David and Exorcist are coming out on the same day, and this is my Barbenheimer.

Dear David Gordon Green, a documentary about the lousy remakes haunting my apartment.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Can I get another amen?

I just finally got around to watching it: Becky loving rules.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Double posting to say I looked up the cast of Cobweb and there's someone that's so obviously descended from Gary Busey it's not even funny.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baron von Eevl posted:

Double posting to say I looked up the cast of Cobweb and there's someone that's so obviously descended from Gary Busey it's not even funny.

Is it the kid named Luke Busey.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, I assumed he was Jake's but apparently he's also Gary's. Yikes!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I thought Wrath of Becky was just alright.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hollismason posted:

I thought Wrath of Becky was just alright.

I think they're both broadly fine with some good bits, nothing to go out of your way to see but they'll do if you have 90 minutes to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Sean Williams Scottt played a good psychopath. That's about it