Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

ante posted:

They are connected with a flexible wire, and that wire is 418mm long

Charles Ford posted:

I mentioned I bought it after your recommendation for the other version (no goggles) before, but I can't swim so I never even realised they were waterproof at first. I did wonder why it always said "Bluetooth mode" after "Power on", and I had already noticed that when it was plugged into the computer it mounted a drive with some MP3 files on it which I guessed related to the mentioned "modes", so I kept fiddling with the buttons and somehow put it into MP3 player mode. Since realising it can be used for "swimming" I've been using it to listen to stuff in the shower without worrying about waking our daughter.

I did also accidentally answer a call with it and discovered it works quite well for that too, didn't even realise it had a microphone!

I should have quoted this post, because I also don't give a poo poo about swimming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
This nail care kit has a good translation mess, the sentiment is so confusing.

Thinking about buying a little fake dremel type tool for working on plastic models - doing panel lines, damage, etc. This pen style one also has something

Is a quiet tool posted:

Interpret the definition of household.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real! Dream what you want to dream;go where you want to go;be what you want to be because you have only one life and one

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:hmmyes: Carry a good partner when you go out.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Ah yes, quality German company Seiko.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

DRINK ME posted:

Thinking about buying a little fake dremel type tool for working on plastic models - doing panel lines, damage, etc. This pen style one also has something

I would like a trip report if you get the rotary tool. I have a cordless rotary tool that was 20 bucks and had a cash back card in the box for 25 bucks if I am pleased and give a 5 star review. I forgot to do so, but I like it way better than any of the previous dremel products I’ve tried to use.

But that one may give me even more stability for carving tiny stuff.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Wifi Toilet posted:

Ah yes, quality German company Seiko.

could have been founded in düsseldorf

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Sure thing, I’m looking at a few at the moment but definitely think I’d prefer something on the smaller side, pen-like. I know the bigger units can handle small tools/bits but I think the smaller one would be easier handling, and since I’m only wanting to use it on plastic models I’m not worried about it being underpowered.

I clicked through on this from an email because I couldn’t work out what it was and lol

:nws:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

DRINK ME posted:

Sure thing, I’m looking at a few at the moment but definitely think I’d prefer something on the smaller side, pen-like. I know the bigger units can handle small tools/bits but I think the smaller one would be easier handling, and since I’m only wanting to use it on plastic models I’m not worried about it being underpowered.

I clicked through on this from an email because I couldn’t work out what it was and lol

:nws:

an anal bum cover, perhaps? :thunk:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

DRINK ME posted:

Part of it breaks immediately but the rest keeps going for ten years :hmmyes:sounds just like our old volkswagen.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I assume they're describing bypass cutters.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

By popular demand posted:

:hmmyes: Carry a good partner when you go out.

Expect to see this slogan for a firearm company real soon

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And today in the catagory of accesories you can't pull off:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005719986190.html

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I can’t pull it off because the lightning bolt would fly off the left end and injure someone.

Gryi
Sep 30, 2004
"Rem Koolhaas is the Darth Vader of architecture."

ekuNNN posted:

yeah he's a grifter who mostly got famous for using other people's exploits. he joined twitter for free to "fix search", tried to recruit someone else to do it for him after a week and then just gave up and left again.

i would not trust him with my website, let alone my car

I’ve got one two years ago and put about 9k miles on my car hands free. It’s actually great.

Eyes off the road and alarms start blaring.

It’s amazing, can’t recommend it enough if you have the right car.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

wa27 posted:

Anyone ever bought storage shelves on Ali? I'm looking at something like this:

Ali $34: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804961450537.html
Amazon $50: https://www.amazon.com/Topeakmart-Utility-Shelving-Adjustable-Shelving/dp/B0BQ6LGWRB/
Looks like in-store at Walmart and Home Depot is closer to $100.

Looks like it would wobble heaps.and even collapse easily, since it has no back or diagonal struts.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I have some shelves that look similar, but with round holes and fastened-on studs instead of those pressed tabs. They are reasonably sturdy. I could see the tabs being lot more fiddly to align and slot in though, especially given the usual levels of aliexpress manufacturing QC.

edit:
I have these: https://www.acehardware.com/departments/storage-and-organization/shelving-and-shelving-units/shelving-units/5405832

This appears to be the exact same thing at a quarter of the price: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805766093656.html

withak fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 20, 2023

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

My friend bought a Tesla coil speaker, and when we tried it at my place, my wifi cut off. I didn't yet put 2 and 2 together, but he later called from his house, and said that when he used it at his place, his monitor turned off. That thing must put out a storm of EM radiation :science:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

storm of EM radiation :science:

The polite Tesla coil owner always uses a Faraday cage, you don't want to get a visit from a bunch of angry hams do you.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

coldpudding posted:

The polite Tesla coil owner always uses a Faraday cage, you don't want to get a visit from a bunch of angry hams do you.

Come now, it's poor form but it certainly doesn't warrant a police response.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Come now, it's poor form but it certainly doesn't warrant a police response.

:trumppop:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone still needs an entry-level mini-pc, there's finally one that's both cheap and works properly it seems :)

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805048523628.html

I had to pay tax on top of that but with some coins it was still like $120. Make sure to get the N100 version. I'll post a review when it gets here but I'm 99% sure it's this same one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQB1ElwoXA

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

mobby_6kl posted:

If anyone still needs an entry-level mini-pc, there's finally one that's both cheap and works properly it seems :)

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805048523628.html

I had to pay tax on top of that but with some coins it was still like $120. Make sure to get the N100 version. I'll post a review when it gets here but I'm 99% sure it's this same one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQB1ElwoXA

looks like there's a version with a 12th gen processor and ddr5 ram

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'd be pretty weary of that. Would that crackerjack box CPU even support DDR5?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/231803/intel-processor-n100-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html
Though it doesn't make much of a difference apparently.

The one I posted is also 12th gen with DDR5, the N100 version is an option and although from the listing it looks like DD4, the aliexpress review and the video one show DDR5.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The n100 does the same performance of the n95 for less than half the watts, which is why it's the current hotness. I've got a completely passively cooled, no moving parts n100 box from Asus and is an excellent snappy office computer.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

isn’t the issue with the mini pcs that longevity is an issue with regular use? i was wondering about using one for a “cheap” nas set up but the community remain pretty sceptical still as they have been reported to burn out after a while

I did see the Aoostar NAS, it’s a mini pc with potential for two huge TB drives though, so clearly manufacturers are thinking about it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see why it would be in general? Anything you get from aliexpress is going to be a bit of gamble of course, but you can get one from Asus or some other legit brand if that's a concern.

$700 for that thing seems like a joke when you can get a 4-bay NAS from Synology for that much.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

isn’t the issue with the mini pcs that longevity is an issue with regular use? i was wondering about using one for a “cheap” nas set up but the community remain pretty sceptical still as they have been reported to burn out after a while

I did see the Aoostar NAS, it’s a mini pc with potential for two huge TB drives though, so clearly manufacturers are thinking about it

Baby Nas, singer of Old Data Road

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It's largely appropriately low power parts from legit manufacturers in a case that isn't necessarily cooled worse than what you'd get in a laptop.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

codo27 posted:

I'd be pretty weary of that. Would that crackerjack box CPU even support DDR5?

Why does it make you tired?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve had my n95 I’ve used for a media pc almost a year now and it’s been fine.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I wonder if one of these could make a good dedicated Minecraft server box. Seems like it’d probably be beefy enough to run FTB with no other loads.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Was looking for large art to hang in my stairwell. Some quality poo poo here

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803631015638.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Shredder posted:

Was looking for large art to hang in my stairwell. Some quality poo poo here

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803631015638.html

i feel like this is one of those things where it's best if you get the entire image on your shower curtain, including the dog pitbull and the cat showing you their rear end in a top hat and all the watermarks.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Every time I go on an ordering binge of random poo poo that I barely need, it always shows up as a single package containing multiple smaller mail packages. How the gently caress do they do that? I mean, it’s pretty cool that I can order a dozen tiny trinkets from ostensibly all over China, and instead of showing up individually (or not at all), it all shows up as one hefty beast of a package, but like, HOW THE gently caress DO THEY DO IT?? I’m genuinely interested in the logistics of that process. Is there an article about it somewhere? Does anyone here know?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

My random guess is they have “agents” stateside who receive the stuff and toss it into one larger package. Otherwise it’s got to be prior to leaving China (think of it kind of like a distribution center?)

sale is on, fwiw, can’t recall if the deals change or get any better as the days go on. Bout to stock up on legos for my son (ofc not on sale) and a pile of things I barely need.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
No obviously the redirect shipping centers are in China, now else can they save money. Probably next to a international airport or a seaport.

Ever since I noticed this group shipping practice I tried to order a bunch of stuff at the same time. But if an item is expensive or in large size, it usually get shipped separately

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Yeah the packages I get are all from something like "Mississauga Returns Gateway", so presumably they're all shipped somewhere locally on whatever is the cheapest freight and then combined if several show up at the same time.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ensign Expendable posted:

Yeah the packages I get are all from something like "Mississauga Returns Gateway", so presumably they're all shipped somewhere locally on whatever is the cheapest freight and then combined if several show up at the same time.
If the return address is something that, it might just be for returns, and I don't think that necessarily has to be where it was shipped from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Apologies if yuge

E36: oh, apparently I saved a set of clippers ages ago that is also a car. I do not think I realized that when I saved them, somehow. Watch the video for a super secret feature!

| Car-shaped No Splash Nail Clippers Stainless Steel Fingernail Cutter Thick Hard Toenail Scissors Manicure Tools
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mObrxRg

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 23, 2023