Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

Lib war hysteria says the Nazis weren't so bad compared to Hamas :colbert:

Hitler fought for the liberation of Ukraine. Hamas, like Russia, is launching an unprovoked genocidal invasion of a peaceful democracy just to sate their imperialist ambitions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the "samson option" is probably just propaganda, or at least the part where they nuke anything outside of the middle east as a defiant gently caress you to the world. i just can't see anyone's response to losing to the 23rd paraglider brigade being to nuke paris

their belief in their own invincibility and also the importance of winning the propaganda war suggests they'd never actually do it. plus they probably don't have enough warheads to really nuke everyone in the world and in any case they wouldn't want to nuke their only potential allies.
but they could follow the same psychotic logic of us cold war planners to nuke every city in a semi-circle from turkey to egypt including iran and the arabian peninsula. and they may have up to 400 warheads so they might have enough to hit every population center there. it's a crap shoot, and it would be crap if they shot it
personally, I'd prefer if they didn't

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

guidoanselmi posted:

record corrected: hamas actually beheaded 40 sugar babies at the rave.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Brandon Proust posted:

I,m thoroughly disgusted with the entire western political & media classes. also anyone that denounces hamas atrocities but remain silent about israel openly stating that they’ll genocide gaza

It feels exactly like the run up to the Iraq war. Western media, political leadership and corporations all in lockstep licking their chops to feast on Arab blood. I'd say liberals unlearned the lessons from twenty years ago but they were never interested in learning anything to begin with.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

What a piece of poo poo, he's already cemented it as reality in the minds of millions to drum up support for genocide.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

what a pudding brained old gently caress

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
and then there's THIS rear end in a top hat...

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Israel winning the propaganda war (through a fair share of misinformation) is utterly depressing.

the average person just has no understanding of the situation and will just never look past the idea that hamas are terrorists

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Oglethorpe posted:

i loving love morrowind loading screens

yep wasting my slowpost period just saying that

playing through New Vegas for the first time and they really captured the feeling of the NCR being just another flavor of liberal interventionist state and all the unsightly horror lurking beneath its promises of rights and civilization

DrPossum posted:

I'm a dummy and don't know why this is notable over all the other identical statements this week

LeBron James has cultivated a particularly progressive persona

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

the average american thinks that if you are anti israel you are like a straight up neonazi so i don't think there's a chance of winning the propaganda war here

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Echo Chamber posted:

Israel winning the propaganda war (through a fair share of misinformation) is utterly depressing.

winning the propaganda war only europe and its whitest settler colonies is mattering less and less in the grand scheme of things

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Spaced God posted:

the average american thinks that if you are anti israel you are like a straight up neonazi so i don't think there's a chance of winning the propaganda war here
the average american doesnt give a gently caress about israel or palestine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

How are people here handling the atmosphere of censorship around this? Call me a chickenshit, but I am slightly afraid of losing my job if I am too vocal on social media. I am still expressing my opinions where it feels appropriate, but it’s getting hard.

yeah watch out out there

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Oct 12, 2023

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Spaced God posted:

since last year we have been nakedly shown that American liberals will call you a nazi for not supporting a genocide regime while themselves slavering over who can donate more money to actual swastika-and-sonnenrad neo-nazis. it is dire.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

OctaMurk posted:

I mean maybe they don't "give a gently caress" in that they'd never sacrifice even a whit of their material comfort to support either side, but they will absolutely melt down if you say bad word one about israel. hav eyou ever talked to an average american

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

my boss complimented my keffiyeh and asked if i just got back from the middle east, i don't think this news even registers for normal people

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I’ve always had ~opinions~ on Israel/Palestine, but this poo poo hits so different now that I have a kid

Like my wife sent me a video of some terrified injured kids wailing in a Palestinian hospital this morning and I’ve felt like poo poo and gotten absolutely nothing done all day

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Spaced God posted:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

it’s cold comfort but between this and COVID I think the idea that anyone in the global south is going to care about what the west has to say is done

only white lives matter to the west. I mean they knew this already but it hasn’t really been rubbed in their face in the social media age like this, you know?

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Buddykins posted:

Hamas has found a way to contact beerus and earth will soon be a part of the multiuniverse world tournament without a fighter

Beerus saves the world to preserve his access to shawarma

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
at this risk of being painted as a rube I know it looks bad with the way that the messaging is going in the public sphere (of course you had to expect this out of the US) but let us be clear if these loving "enlightened" western countries we would hope would know better like Canada or the UK or Germany were opposed to bombing Gaza they couldn't / wouldn't do poo poo about it anyways. It's much more important how the local regional powers view what is going on and countries with actual power to influence events like China and Russia. It's not clear to me that there won't be huge pushback against Israel coming down the pipe as they push forward with their genocide. We aren't really getting anything about what's going on behind the scenes to support Palestine beyond reports about Hezbollah + friends being willing to throw down if Israel actually moves forward into Gaza and phone calls between MBS and Erdogan.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I for one believe that Joe Biden is enough of a sun-downed evil maniac that Bibi told him every Palestinian each personally ate an Israeli baby over the weekend and he simply said "tell me where to start bombing"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the "samson option" is probably just propaganda, or at least the part where they nuke anything outside of the middle east as a defiant gently caress you to the world. i just can't see anyone's response to losing to the 23rd paraglider brigade being to nuke paris

probably not outside of the Middle East, yes, though that’s probably not what you imply to Nixon when you think Tel Aviv will fall.

Israel has 5 active submarines capable of carrying 16 200kT cruise missiles each. traditionally you say 1/3 of a fleet is on patrol at a time so let’s round to 2. so as an exercise pick 32 targets within 1000 miles of the eastern Mediterranean to cause maximum world chaos.

this might be your baseline, Israeli subs do operate in the Indian Ocean too though. http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=1700km%40tlv%0D%0A&MS=wls&PC=red&RC=navy&DU=mi

edit: also just to be clear this is every nuclear armed nation’s policy. just think the efficiency you can get with a small arsenal by nuking Moscow and Washington DC!

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 03:07 on Oct 12, 2023

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the US has two carriers heading to the ongoing massacre while the Pacific carrier is chilling at an old massacre site
https://twitter.com/TimothyS/status/1712282106921902459

Spaced God posted:

the propaganda blitz will have an impact but this wasn't true

https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx

I'm going to guess most Americans don't want US troops dying to protect Israel

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Al-Saqr free yet?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

How are people here handling the atmosphere of censorship around this? Call me a chickenshit, but I am slightly afraid of losing my job if I am too vocal on social media. I am still expressing my opinions where it feels appropriate, but it’s getting hard.

I'm worried canada is going to make it illegal to show support for palestine and Ill have to choose between blowing up mine and my partners life or not being able to live with myself

hosed that this is even a remotely realistic concern.

Death to Canada

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/sta...ingawful.com%2F

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

late breaking info: hamas performed 40 circumcisions on newborns. we regret our earlier error.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Is Al-Saqr free yet?

working on it...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol holy poo poo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

genocide backed by ol joe

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

probably not outside of the Middle East, yes, though that’s probably not what you imply to Nixon when you think Tel Aviv will fall.

Israel has 5 active submarines capable of carrying 16 200kT cruise missiles each. traditionally you say 1/3 of a fleet is on patrol at a time so let’s round to 2. so as an exercise pick 32 targets within 1000 miles of the eastern Mediterranean to cause maximum world chaos.

this might be your baseline, Israeli subs do operate in the Indian Ocean too though. http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=1700km%40tlv%0D%0A&MS=wls&PC=red&RC=navy&DU=mi

even the dumbest of zionist clucks have come to realize that you can't settle or trade with or otherwise exploit anything that's been nuked

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ahahahahahahahahahaha...........his instincts are incredible

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Rubellavator posted:

the average person just has no understanding of the situation and will just never look past the idea that hamas are terrorists
maybe im projecting, but i definitely feel like this propaganda is less about swaying people and more about scaring anyone into voicing an alternative narrative.

US public opinion for israel has been less confident than was 20 years ago.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

they also have icbms and nuclear-capable f15/16s. they could probably reliably hit anything within 4000 miles with a base of 30 or so 1000-miles slcms on subs and then 50-300 additional warheads from silos and jets

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol he really is the best we've had in decades