Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

A lot of them have really inconsistent art and the background is often not pixellated either

I personally can't stand them but that's okay because Dan Hipp and Peach Momoko exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
A lot of the original cards had pretty boring backgrounds and the prism did seem like an upgrade or at least more interesting. Now that most decks are full of variants with whatever art you like, the prism backgrounds look awful.

For me with hipps, they mostly look best with og background and either a purple or gold border, whatever matches the card better. I made the mistake up upgrading a few of them to infinite early on and I hate it. Now I sit on them until i have enough boosters to do several splits and can almost guarantee a gold or inked card because those are the only ones that look good.

It's all just personal preference that doesn't matter to anyone else though do whatever tf with your cards

E: pixels own, some ironically and some unironically. They are my second go to after the hipps

Reek fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 15, 2023

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Protip posted:

Note, to be able to get the gold finish, or inked/other rare effects, you have to have a certain number of splits already done to a card (it doesn't matter if the splits are on different variants of cards)

This is something I did not know and I'm glad I know it now. I have some cards that have one or two variants suck on ultra that I might knock over to infinite just to get the split count up.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Pixel Bro 2 is the closest I have to an all pixel deck, one day I will live that dream. Imagine you lose and it's because pixel mbaku jumped out of a deck

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I feel like I need to update my old as poo poo go-to decks. I have a Devil Dino deck that was made like... 2 months after release? I'm noticing a lot of people recently making GBS threads on Aero, and I noticed she wasn't as cool as I remembered, so I gotta replace her out I guess.

Is Devil Dino really a deck anymore? I haven't really seen it on my climb using Destruction ( Which while it can definitely get screwed, is a ton of fun ). I just today removed Hulk Buster for Luke Cage as I have been frustrated by all these decks that are running the unlock abilities dude ( High something ), and the stuff like Hazmat/absorbing man/odin combo which really poo poo in my cereal.

Hulk buster while amazing if I can get it to hit Deadpool, is not as consistent as just using Forge, especially when it's a turn 1 play now!

E: Checked out Untapped.gg and apparently I have all the pieces for Shuri/Sauron. Guess I'll be looking up some YouTube videos on how the deck plays. Outside the obvious Sauron, Shuri into RedSkull I guess...

E2: Just saw this... derp

Devil Dino is great in a Loki deck because you’re trying to fill your hand anyway

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also saving tokens for iron lad (don’t really want anything else atm) and man they did make that token grind slowwww

You almost want to spend gold in the shop to get that bonus 2000 or whatever it is

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

This is by design, to manipulate you into spending

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Red posted:

Some look great (Lizard, Shocker, Iron Fist), and some are just abominations that never should have seen the light of day.

This is an easy mistake to make because the pixel art is so bad, but this isn't Abomination, it's actually the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Man-Thing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It feels especially egregious here because most of these characters have had video games with perfectly good looking sprites, but rather than use any of those we get that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I actually like most of the pixel art. They suck up close but don't look bad when they're small.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Opopanax posted:

It feels especially egregious here because most of these characters have had video games with perfectly good looking sprites, but rather than use any of those we get that.

And Marvel arcade sprites are right there.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
There's 3 good pixels: hell cow, modok, and goose.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

When you're playin' 'round the clock
and out comes pixel MODOK

Diarrhea,
diarrhea

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Fartington Butts posted:

When you're playin' 'round the clock
and out comes pixel MODOK

Diarrhea,
diarrhea

that’s what happened after he ate the gas station sushi

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Everyone who's looking forward to black Knight about to feel the cut of my silver samurai

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Hmm got 4 caches now and I'm debating pulling Nico week just for Kitty

I definitely want Silk from Werewolf By Night week, wolf would be a nice bonus

Then I want Alioth and Knull early Nov

Not sure if I'll have enough caches without splurging

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Are you a season pass haver? In a five week season you'll probably earn 7ish if you complete all of your daily and weekly missions. I should start keeping track of my CL at the start of each season and each week to see for sure, but I feel like I'm earning a decent bit more than 120 CL each week right now. Even if it isn't your thing, don't forget to grind enough conquest to get all of the credit rewards and the two mystery variants. Those will bump you just a little bit but they're free.

I only buy the season pass and the occasional $5 bundle and I'm at basically a complete collection coming up on the one year anniversary. If you're willing to spend real cash on the game the season pass is definitely the way to go.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Beasteh posted:

Hmm got 4 caches now and I'm debating pulling Nico week just for Kitty

I definitely want Silk from Werewolf By Night week, wolf would be a nice bonus

Then I want Alioth and Knull early Nov

Not sure if I'll have enough caches without splurging
If you don't have Kitty, definitely focus on that one

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You almost want to spend gold in the shop to get that bonus 2000 or whatever it is

Took me a while to get ten variants from the shop and I told myself I wouldn’t do it again, but hipp cage came up so now I need to get 9 more variants from the shop

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I know why they don't allow it, because it makes more money/more fomo, but I wish they'd allow you to like, maybe once per month just say "give me this specific card from the spotlight lineup please" upon opening the cache. Cause gently caress I really don't wanna gamble on the Silk and Ghost Spider variants when Werewolf by night comes out but 6000 tokens is quite a lot of tokens now that I've properly experienced how long that takes to save up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

thebardyspoon posted:

I know why they don't allow it, because it makes more money/more fomo, but I wish they'd allow you to like, maybe once per month just say "give me this specific card from the spotlight lineup please" upon opening the cache. Cause gently caress I really don't wanna gamble on the Silk and Ghost Spider variants when Werewolf by night comes out but 6000 tokens is quite a lot of tokens now that I've properly experienced how long that takes to save up.

save up your spotlight caches until you have at least four, then you can guarantee you get the spotlight you really want. you might have to spend all four, but that's only if you're unlucky

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

flatluigi posted:

save up your spotlight caches until you have at least four, then you can guarantee you get the spotlight you really want. you might have to spend all four, but that's only if you're unlucky

What part of my post made you think this would be useful/new info for me? Sorry to be a jerk but it just annoys me when someone gives super basic advice that wouldn't address the actual issue I'm stating, I clearly understand how they work. I'm saying I literally don't want the two variants at all, so I'm not gonna open any that week and it's annoying that that's what the system forces you to do.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 16, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you'd said that you wanted a specific card from a spotlight and didn't want to gamble on getting other cards instead, and I said you should keep a buffer up so that you get the card guaranteed, no gambling involved. i don't think you were clear about what you knew about the game, and i don't think you're sorry about being so pissy about it at all lol. don't take out your feelings about the game on someone trying to help you out

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

flatluigi posted:

you'd said that you wanted a specific card from a spotlight and didn't want to gamble on getting other cards instead, and I said you should keep a buffer up so that you get the card guaranteed, no gambling involved. i don't think you were clear about what you knew about the game, and i don't think you're sorry about being so pissy about it at all lol. don't take out your feelings about the game on someone trying to help you out

I think they meant, they wanted being able to get a specific card while spending only one spotlight box. A guarantee mechanism.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Quackles posted:

I think they meant, they wanted being able to get a specific card while spending only one spotlight box. A guarantee mechanism.

yeah, now that they've clarified it i know that, but it wasn't clear to me from their original post and (again) i think keeping a buffer is a very unintuitive thing about their current setup so i felt it was worth making note of

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Quackles posted:

Isn't that what the tokens are for?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I've been having a great time with this destroy deck from KMBest (I think), just got an Infinity ticket with it:

Deathstrike is an amazing tech to kill Mobius/Elsa/Cerebro. Originally it had Nova instead of Deathlock, but I think this is better. Still struggles against Shuri though. Shang might be worth a try but not sure where to slot him in.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

victorious posted:

I've been having a great time with this destroy deck from KMBest (I think), just got an Infinity ticket with it:

Deathstrike is an amazing tech to kill Mobius/Elsa/Cerebro. Originally it had Nova instead of Deathlock, but I think this is better. Still struggles against Shuri though. Shang might be worth a try but not sure where to slot him in.

I'd be inclined to slot Shang in in place of Deathlok, or maybe Forge post-nerf.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Kalman posted:

I'd be inclined to slot Shang in in place of Deathlok, or maybe Forge post-nerf.

Forge feels key to kick-start Deadpool and Wolverine, and can make Deathstrike an extra-nasty surprise. I think Deathlok is the right one to swap out, I'll give it a go.

Also, who's voting for which free variant? Shang Chi is clearly the best but I'm voting Torch because I have too many Shang variants already.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Kalman posted:

the forge change is the origin of that deck list, forge being 1 cost instead of 2 is a massive buff into deadpool

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

victorious posted:

Also, who's voting for which free variant? Shang Chi is clearly the best but I'm voting Torch because I have too many Shang variants already.

I'm going Torch for the same reason. I love the Ghost Rider, but we just got a variant from the season pass.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

victorious posted:

Iron lad seems pretty iffy in this deck if you ask me

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I don't like that Shang variant (I much prefer Kim Jacinto's), and Torch is uhhhh so it's Ghost Rider for me.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Iron lad seems pretty iffy in this deck if you ask me

I'm playing that exact deck except with Zola in place of Iron Lad. It owns.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I just submitted to a deck in Conquest that made excellent use of Debrii/Man-Thing/Hazmat, backed up by some High Evo regulars. That's a great use of Man-Thing. The kicker is that they always had a Rogue ready to nullify your Luke Cage, with Goblins to fill other blank spaces.

Red fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 16, 2023

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

victorious posted:

Forge feels key to kick-start Deadpool and Wolverine, and can make Deathstrike an extra-nasty surprise. I think Deathlok is the right one to swap out, I'll give it a go.

That Shang is too good not to vote for

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not sure why I faced a long chain of bots from mid 90s to infinite just now but I’ll accept your charity Mr. Brode

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Firebert posted:

Not sure why I faced a long chain of bots from mid 90s to infinite just now but I’ll accept your charity Mr. Brode

This happens to me most months.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah 70-90 is the hardest to climb then it's smooth sailing due to bots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

victorious posted:

Shang-Chi's best variant is Jacinto by a mile, Ghost Rider has at minimum 3 variants better than that one... it's gotta be Torch.