Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

My father was a relentlessly self-aggrandizing PS3 owner from Canada with low grade morality and a penchant for cancer diagnoses. My mother was a badass French spy named Fioaimes with multiple unloaded guns. My father would screenshot LP, he would hijack airplanes, he would make outrageous claims like he forgot his own name. Some times his discord mods would accuse slowbeef of slander, the sort of general malaise that only Patreon patrons possess and Yoko Taro laments. My childhood was typical, summers in Africa headshotting rhinos, driver's license lessons. In the spring he'd make my crayon drawings. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and forced to listen to him talk about Drakengard, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received his first alt account. At the age of 14 part 2, a contributer named The Shady Ego ritualistically added me to father's TVTropes page. There really is nothing like seeing a stock photo of yourself, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

how tf do you lose russian roulette when your the only person playing it

you're using a 1911

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Too much shif to quote. Lolling like crazy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thought this was dsp...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

thought this was dsp...

DarkIdPhil...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i've seen the guy faking to be his own wife before but only in mmos...

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Okay but seriously where are the people who fell for Mr. and Mrs. Smith with the wage gap.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

My father was a relentlessly self-aggrandizing PS3 owner from Canada with low grade morality and a penchant for cancer diagnoses. My mother was a badass French spy named Fioaimes with multiple unloaded guns. My father would screenshot LP, he would hijack airplanes, he would make outrageous claims like he forgot his own name. Some times his discord mods would accuse slowbeef of slander, the sort of general malaise that only Patreon patrons possess and Yoko Taro laments. My childhood was typical, summers in Africa headshotting rhinos, driver's license lessons. In the spring he'd make my crayon drawings. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and forced to listen to him talk about Drakengard, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received his first alt account. At the age of 14 part 2, a contributer named The Shady Ego ritualistically added me to father's TVTropes page. There really is nothing like seeing a stock photo of yourself, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Psycho Mantis reading snakes mind and just getting links to his patreon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol the end of The Dark Knight Rises but Alfred sees Bruce sitting next to a cardboard cutout of himself with hastily applied lipstick

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

yeah I met my mom while working at the CIA to give wired xbox360 to nicaraguan revolutionaries fighting in the Console Wars. I mean wife. Wife.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Thinking about this and it's genuinely impressive that he managed to keep it up for this long. Really threaded the needle between making up obvious bullshit but not so bad that anyone felt the need to call him out on it. Probably because it was all mostly harmless and there wasn't any kind of scam attached? Like he's got a patreon that's making some money but he was never like "I need a ton of money for my daughter's gay cancer, plz help".

it's less impressive when you realize the people he was fooling are goons

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
wait wasnt the discord mod the one pulling guns out of his mouth, why is the discord mod living with him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

symbolic posted:

lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

someone was going to get here eventually

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

symbolic posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

DaysBefore posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Nea posted:

i'll be real i believe him. this isn't a jase situation where he was a guy who was always loving bullshitting people.

Edit: nevermind, i was completely wrong about that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
so does being a mercenary in PEI pay well or was he mostly collecting pogey while hanging out on the beach?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

pentyne posted:

Saga of TheDarkId

- famous for doing LPs of Yoko Taro games
- ran a cult-like discord apparently given the belief in his insane stories and defense of him
- routinely told stories about being a badass mercenary
- Faked crayon drawings he claimed where his kids' for his LP
- Claiming to be dying/died of cancer
- His 'wife' also a super spy he seduced, routinely found him with a gun in his mouth and had to distract him from suicide by telling him to play Halo
- used tons of stock photos he claimed were family pictures
- Had a TV tropes page as long as Taylor Swift

I didn't know any of this. Thanks for posting it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

lmfao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Plant MONSTER. posted:

so does being a mercenary in PEI pay well or was he mostly collecting pogey while hanging out on the beach?

lmfao he was a "merc" based out of PEI? was he on the hunt for potato thieves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVcivvkBgmw

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
stolen valor rules

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

Psycho Mantis reading snakes mind and just getting links to his patreon

now let me read your mind...perhaps i should say, your past.

you're a careless man, aren't you? and you're a poor warrior as well. it seems you are careful of traps; however, traps are your weak point.

still don't believe me? now i'll read more deeply into your soul...ah...i can see into your mind...

you like drakengard 3, don't you?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

symbolic posted:

lkmao

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

symbolic posted:

you mean headshotting hippos

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

oddium posted:

was hoping to get update #36 of chrono cross out tonight, but fate has other plans. dr hellstein, former ss scientist and de facto leader of the nascent Fifth Reich, as well as my arch nemesis, is stirring up trouble in argentina. and i've got a golden bullet with his name on it

slack jawed goldfish brain in a yetee samus shirt: christ. good luck. and don't worry about the update

IndestructibleCat
Jan 16, 2016

nerdz posted:

wait wasnt the discord mod the one pulling guns out of his mouth, why is the discord mod living with him

Well if you want to know the Hot TDI lore. Hikkiari is supposedly the japanese best friend of the TheDarkId whom he saved from a suicide attempt back when they were 15. He apparently punched her (Hikkiari's) dad for being abusive. He then helped get her emancipated from her family and they have been best friends ever.

Assuming you believe all of this so far, Hikkiari nows lives with TDI and his """family""". This is the same person who took over his discord when his daughter died which is apparently the highest thing of priority when your best friend's daughter dies

IndestructibleCat fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 4, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

IndestructibleCat posted:

Well if you want to know the Hot TDI lore. HIkkiari is supposedly the japanese best friend of the TheDarkId whom he saved from a suicide attempt back when they were 15. He apparently punched her (Hikkiari's) dad for being abusive. He then helped get her emancipated from her family and they have been best friends ever.

Assuming you believe all of this so far, Hikkiari nows lives with TDI and his """family""". This is the same person who took over his discord when his daughter died which is apparently the highest thing of priority when your best friend's daughter dies

im going to pass out lol

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

nerdz posted:

edit: lol, beaten. thread move fast

in the lore, the discord mod is his IRL best friend whose first appearance in the story was relaying the news to his discord server when his daughter died. a separate character from his wife. i don't know what the reason is that it's the mod and not the wife making him play Halo to not kill himself

someone earlier in the thread who was in his discord said that he once accidentally joined voice chat while logged into the mod account instead of his own, immediately disconnected, and then came back 2 minutes later with a story about why he was on "her" account. also there's screenshots where he mixed up which fake birthday he'd assigned to which persona, so he covered it up by saying "oh it's me the mod on TDI's account teehee"

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

Lol