Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I think what I'm most curious about now is where he's going to go from here, tbh. Will he come clean? Will he keep roleplaying as an Asian woman? Is he gonna pivot to another character entirely and try to rebuild a following elsewhere?

Just one of those things you'd love to see from the inside and understand from all angles, but you never will. Cannot imagine how much mental effort went into keeping all the details straight and roleplaying with himself across multiple accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Violen posted:

this is the second time ive come back from a week-long gaming bender to post about how badass nocturne's true demon ending is or whatever to find 5000 new posts across a goldmined thread and reboot and the first time was spr lol

blessed life

orange you glad you did all the kalpas

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

I think what I'm most curious about now is where he's going to go from here, tbh. Will he come clean? Will he keep roleplaying as an Asian woman? Is he gonna pivot to another character entirely and try to rebuild a following elsewhere?

That's the next part of the saga. He's supposed to have died from terminal cancer by now, and everyone's paying attention. If he keeps posting it'll probably involve him being so badass that he cock'ed his shotgun at the cancer and the cancer ran away.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He's going to puppetmaster and claim it was a social experiment or he's going to triple down and make up stuff about slowbeef and how his righteous anger at being slandered made the cancer go into remission which will make the rubes clap and cheer.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Slowbeef is working for Nestle

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Her Dryer posted:

Slowbeef is working for Nestle

That rotten son-of-a-bitch better watch his back.............

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
having lucifer completely overwhelm the screen as that boss theme hits and the kagutsuchi icon has DEAD splayed over it then he lightly flexes his finger 4 times and kills two of your demons is without question the sickest poo poo to ever happen in a jrpg final boss fight

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
then the ending shot looping perfectly into the title screen lol ahhhh

impossibly epic game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Violen posted:

having lucifer completely overwhelm the screen as that boss theme hits and the kagutsuchi icon has DEAD splayed over it then he lightly flexes his finger 4 times and kills two of your demons is without question the sickest poo poo to ever happen in a jrpg final boss fight

Yep. Many have been saying this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nocturne ftmfw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean i dont know why hed come up with the cancer lie in the first place unless he wanted to dump this identity. same with killing off the kid.

my best guess is that he genuinely liked the social circle hed built up but disliked how much Lore hed built up for himself that he had to keep track of (as shown by all the pitfalls hed thrown himself into.) so kill off the kid, kill off the dark id, kill off Squeaky The Cat, then just post permanently as his mod alt. he gets to talk to everyone, he doesnt have to juggle multiple identities, the only lore he has to keep track of is that he's dead. (which is an insane thing to say, but.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ofc the much simpler solution would have just been to go 'yeah i was bullshitting about some of the military badass stuff sorry' five years ago before dead kid and i doubt anyone would have cut ties with him over it, and then he could have just not mentioned the kid or wife or w/e again. but i dont think anyone's going to accuse him of being smart

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

PYF Legends: the only lore he has to keep track of is that he's dead

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
then ahead of me ive got ff7 remake hard mode and the interMISSION stuff and then im starting rebirth

as a wise man once said... semper games

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Most of the stuff posted from the discord is just pure unintelligible gibberish

i see you are familiar with my work

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

incredible

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no matter what happens i just want everyone to know that drakengard and nier are badass

Yup, nier ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Violen posted:

the freikugel wind up animation landing a 3k+ crit on him is so satisfying

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Leal posted:

Broke: Putting a 17 year old in indentured servitude

Woke: Housing a 15 year old gay Japanese girl in your head

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...

Endorph posted:

ofc the much simpler solution would have just been to go 'yeah i was bullshitting about some of the military badass stuff sorry' five years ago before dead kid and i doubt anyone would have cut ties with him over it, and then he could have just not mentioned the kid or wife or w/e again. but i dont think anyone's going to accuse him of being smart

I think people might have been able to forgive even the dead daughter stuff. But Id just also seems to be a very nasty bully to anyone who even lightly pushes back at him. There's a goon in the LP subforum recounting Id turning his discord against them, just for making an offhand joking remark about their sockpuppet.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know how many remember or even know about the Luulubuu reveal some years back but drat, this revelation about TDI is reminding me about that. Time is a flat circle.

Leggsy posted:

I think people might have been able to forgive even the dead daughter stuff. But Id just also seems to be a very nasty bully to anyone who even lightly pushes back at him. There's a goon in the LP subforum recounting Id turning his discord against them, just for making an offhand joking remark about their sockpuppet.

Now I'm honestly curious. Links, thread, etc. Give me some more of that tea!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shitenshi posted:

The LP subforum is still around. I know, I haven't checked it in about a decade myself. Turns out they have their own drama thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790126&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

I don't know how many remember or even know about the Luulubuu reveal some years back but drat, this revelation about TDI is reminding me about that. Time is a flat circle.

referring to speedball:

Coolguye posted:

He, uh, he was rather unequivocal about you as of last November when "something" happened - I still don't know what - that caused him to ping the entire loving server about you.

I won't share it unless requested just out of courtesy or whatever but even as someone who looked once every 3 months or so and never spoke, it was notable that he dropped an @here specifically to tell the entire server to block and avoid you at all costs.

It was pretty hosed up.

this does not sound like a healthy boosting environment

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

The LP subforum is still around. I know, I haven't checked it in about a decade myself. Turns out they have their own drama thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790126&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Seems to start on page 156. And I'm just loling at these being the first two posts of the saga, no doubt he posted about dying from Covid at one point

Regallion posted:

That would be The Dark Id and to clarify, the cause is stated to be... Covid. gently caress.

Quackles posted:

Um, I heard it's cancer...

Third goon: Really? I thought it was ALS

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I'm dying laughing at these screenshots of this badass pmc guy

Did he any photos of this stuff accompanying this stuff? Military dudes loving LOVE posting photos lmao

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Slotducks posted:

I'm dying laughing at these screenshots of this badass pmc guy

Did he any photos of this stuff accompanying this stuff? Military dudes loving LOVE posting photos lmao

for some reason his "stuff" was hard to recognize, being drawn in crayon and all

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

the sex ghost posted:

South of the border they call him el heladero

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I know it's alot in hindsight and everything like that - but I don't know how people could read those discord messages and actually believe them. Genuinely shocking anyone took that poo poo at face value.

My guys out here writing text based let's plays but he's got a killcount higher than Sylvester Stallone in the 90s?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

21 pages in less then a day huh, looks like something happened

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

>>contemplative<< after reading all this it finally makes sense why we dont hear anything about joseph kony any more...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is it actually legal to hire people just to help them get citizenship

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Yes you should play Tamriel Rebuilt. Also Skyrim: Home of the Nords which is very cool but I think dead? WHatever, what they put out so far is good

home of the nords last i checked is still being worked on, but kinda put on the backburner so they can pump out the first actual project cyrodiil update this year, which is looking badass.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I hope for the people that want it, it does. there was an ambitious mod that brought back a lot skyrim's cut content and it just seemed like a pain in the rear end to get working and still broken af

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the freikugel wind up animation landing a 3k+ crit on him is so satisfying

i loved beating up lucifer with my good friends, dante and black frost

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

okay I'm home from work

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if hippa becomes a problem, simply shoot it in the mouth with cock's shotgun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

symbolic posted:

the famous Nazis of Prince Edward Island keep trying to break into my house like CoD zombies. in that case, time to show them what for and reach into my own "Mystery Box" (liquor cabinet)

just for fun i looked it up and PEI's homicide rate is so low that there are multiple years last decade with zero homicides. anyway i am going to kill 30 armed gang members here.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i...... love goons.....

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

home of the nords last i checked is still being worked on, but kinda put on the backburner so they can pump out the first actual project cyrodiil update this year, which is looking badass.

dope.

kinda want to fire up skyrim and make some hideously op jank build and one shot some daedric princes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

okay I'm home from work

lol