Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

isnt Tesla such a lovely company/car that China couldnt even do its usually thing of of studying the company before kicking them out and releasing their own version ?

They already have a very competitive domestic budget EV company with BYD which is probably why Tesla is struggling to gain foothold there (also their models don't seem to be piece of poo poo jalopies with questionable design choices). I don't think Elon has much of a cult following in China either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

VegasGoat posted:

I just watch Pitch Meetings instead of entire movies.

To be fair there's a lot of movies where that's the only way to get any entertainment from them. Also closer to what their run time should of been.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
You guys are so dumb.

I'm so smart and busy with saving humanity I don't need to waste time like a child. I can just hear the title of a movie and invent the whole plot in my mind instantly.

I also do this with news headlines BTW.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They really think AI can summarize books. Astounding

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
AI is the literal god of many self-proclaimed atheists. There's a big chunk of people that just traded one church for another and pretend that they didn't

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BalloonFish posted:

A husk of a human being. Plus you can just imagine the clips Elon will tee up to be shown on a continual loop at his diner...

American History X, but only the bits with the nazis having a good time

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Even the most rambling and digressive books can be interesting in that they reveal quite a bit about the author. Some of the most memorable or endearing moments in all literature have been WTF moments that would be completely lost in a summary. Of course, Elon knows that his only chance at not coming across as sweaty, desperate and repulsive is in bone-dry, bullet point form

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

I'm surprised nobody's gotten on elon's case about lindoreo being a dei hire.

They did for like a week before seemingly forgetting she even exists.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

euphronius posted:

i'll give AI some merit: they absolutely can summarize self help books. Those books are a 3 page blog post consisting of watered down stoicism and vague advertisements for the authors seminars stretched to 200 pages.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

:catstare:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I dunno if you'll believe this, but that I/O guy that Musk replies to all the time is incredibly racist

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Racist??? But he actually gave a compliment about (((those people)))

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So they intentionally knocked the bridge down by driving a massive ship into it because.......

???

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Kramjacks posted:

The income from 2500 subscribers must be loving dire if getting premium for free is supposed to be a big selling point. Isn't it like $8 a month? Or are verified/premium/blue check all different products.

nobody loving knows anymore because he changes it on a drug-fuelled whim every few weeks

also it's perennially funny how elon has no idea what sums of money normal people deal with in their everyday lives actually mean to them

Kale
May 14, 2010

thunderspanks posted:

duh DEI he just laid it all out for you

Sometimes it's brain breaking to take a step back and see just how off the wall loving bananas political commentary has gotten in the last 10 years. Part of me is envious of the folks who go off to live off the grid in the hills

Apparently South Korea is somehow even worse than America for this culture war stuff which is loving bananas to even think about as well. Like how could it be any more aggressive and all consuming in places like Seoul?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Slotducks posted:

i'll give AI some merit: they absolutely can summarize self help books. Those books are a 3 page blog post consisting of watered down stoicism and vague advertisements for the authors seminars stretched to 200 pages.

And similarly there's also stuff filled with corporate jargon and fluff that only really contains one or two points of any interest anyway and would of saved everyone a lot of time if it had just been written in a few lines of dot points in the first place.

On the other hand there's science and philosophy writings where how it gets to any conclusions and the discussions about it is almost as important as the conclusions themselves.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
CIA collapsed the bridge. Blaming the CIA is all the rage atm

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

explosivo posted:

So they intentionally knocked the bridge down by driving a massive ship into it because.......

???

Because they're EVIL. And woke. And DEI. And hate FREEDOM.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tai posted:

CIA collapsed the bridge. Blaming the CIA is all the rage atm
Couldn't you blame the NSA? Everyone's always blaming the CIA for poo poo and I hear the NSA is feeling really left out.

:(

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk

Powershift posted:

$44,000,000,000 / $20 a month, He'll break even in just over 183,333,333 years.

Won't be an issue once he and Grok have become one via Neuralink. Then he can go all Lawnmower man on his subscriber base.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Also yeah I figured they'd somehow blame the bridge collapse, which is pretty well documented how it all happened (Ships crew lost control of the ship due to power failures, did everything they could try to warn people about a possible imminent collision with the bridge and unfortunately it crashed into a support pillar collapsing basically the whole bridge in one go as seen in the video), on wokeness now like they do every single crisis. SVB collapsing was also somehow wokeness as is ever major disaster of some sort now.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Couldn't you blame the NSA? Everyone's always blaming the CIA for poo poo and I hear the NSA is feeling really left out.

In the 90s/early 2000s films always portrayed the NSA as a level above the CIA, doing the super shady off-books poo poo, domestic hitmen and all that fun stuff. So yeah let's blame them again.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

NSA is a bunch of nerds they don't get to do cool poo poo in the field like knock down bridges

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Runcible Cat posted:

Because they're EVIL. And woke. And DEI. And hate FREEDOM.

Chicago wouldn't have burned down if Mrs. O'leary had milked a white cow.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

DRINK ME posted:

Has he never wished a book kept going? Wanted to know what happened next? Does he have no curiosity at all?

I’m pretty sure it’s a No to all three. Richest man in the world, could task people to summarise books for him or to research anything he was interested in or wanted to understand, but he’s too busy reading tweeter and posting one word replies to think about anything else.

I remember a debate on this very message board about whether or not Trump ever looked at any of the classified space alien stuff or if he has so little curiosity about the world outside of himself that he just wasn't interested in any of it. the consensus was that he did not.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JAMOOOL posted:

I remember a debate on this very message board about whether or not Trump ever looked at any of the classified space alien stuff or if he has so little curiosity about the world outside of himself that he just wasn't interested in any of it. the consensus was that he did not.

He might of briefly skimmed them just to check that if aliens existed they had mentioned him by name.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ignis posted:

:psypop: what is this motherfucker even saying now

he is so loving desperate to create some AI mommy god who will asuage their hosed up egos and tell them that they are correct and right and that their enemies are bad. they want SHODAN but instead of calling people insects, she yells slurs.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
It was me, I knocked the bridge, I'm so sorry

I was very woke at the time

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

explosivo posted:

???

because they think they live in assassins creed and everything that happens ever is some secret war with the godless jewish satanists vs godly trump and etc. they need to believe it because then they would have to reevaluate their beliefs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kazil posted:

I dunno if you'll believe this, but that I/O guy that Musk replies to all the time is incredibly racist

He was a race-IQ obsessive who ditched his original account (A New Radical Centrism) to make one even more outwardly racist called MonitoringBias which he rebranded to i/o and dialed back the explicit racism about 5 percent.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Even the racists are going woke these days :sad:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

euphronius posted:

AI can summarize a book if a summary already exists which it can copy.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Man goes for walk, loses jewellery.

Man eating biscuits has a memory.

Man struggles with things.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Cosmik Slop posted:

Even the most rambling and digressive books can be interesting in that they reveal quite a bit about the author. Some of the most memorable or endearing moments in all literature have been WTF moments that would be completely lost in a summary.

“I dreamed I saw my maternal grandmother sitting by the bank of a swimming pool, that was also a river. [...] Her genital region was exposed, dimly; it had the appearance of a thick mat of hair. She was stroking herself, absent-mindedly. She walked over to me, with a handful of pubic hair, compacted into something resembling a large artist’s paint-brush. She pushed this at my face. I raised my arm, several times, to deflect her hand; finally, unwilling to hurt her, or interfere with her any farther, I let her have her way. She stroked my face with the brush, gently, and said, like a child, “isn’t it soft?” I looked at her ruined face and said, “yes, Grandma, it’s soft.”

― Jordan B. Peterson, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Still laughing about the Babylon Bee guy being flabbergasted that his target audience is pro-white supremacy

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773311351248621593?s=46&t=VqGDTpMBvtmBLtOHIUgZdw

I’m honestly struggling to think of any big game that’s racist against white guys wtf are they are on about

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

roffles posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773311351248621593?s=46&t=VqGDTpMBvtmBLtOHIUgZdw

I’m honestly struggling to think of any big game that’s racist against white guys wtf are they are on about

i think a bunch of chuds tried to relaunch gamer gate against some PR company that does script help to make sure you dont put racist poo poo in games or somehting. its not taking off because the chuds have deluded this poo poo into either 9999 levels of lore bullshit/conspiracy poo poo OR out and out bigot poo poo. i dont know anything specific but most of these dipshits hate everything.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wolfenstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

its this apperently.