Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hirethor posted:

First ride, wave to another biker, and wave to a small excited kid of the season for me :D

Last weekend a little kid tugged on his dad's shirt and waved to me with a big smile. I gave him a big nod and revved (lol 250), but I should've loving waved. Haven't stopped beating myself up about it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Z3n posted:

This is loving amazing. I need a projector for a wall of my garage that just has this on refresh every 5 minutes.

"Welcome to uh, *looks at wall*, stainless and clouds, how can I help you?"
Auto Refresh plug-in, done.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

thylacine posted:

New Honda Scoot. http://www.ridermagazine.com/latest-news/honda-releases-first-2015-models.htm/

I'd ride it. Well, not for $10k, but I would.

I can't unsee the Akira bike.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

That rules sorry

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

You guys sure hate fun.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Utility-type quads are the bee's knees when trying to get through woods with hills and such without worrying about dropping the bike, or carrying passengers/equipment/etc. They're a totally different role from dirt bikes and the like, for me.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I have enough trouble with crosswinds on the Ninjette, that would be a sailboat. :stare:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

KARMA! posted:

Edit: also those levers are offensively out of adjustment.
How can you tell?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

Few thought Oleg could pull off the Triple-double
jesus christ

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Slavvy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK1qXYP25M4

Crossposting from the AI chat thread because watching this blows my mind. Nothing to do with the electric bike aspect but rather the fact that the bike doesn't fall over. Pretty good demonstration of the principles that hold a bike off the ground. In other words, nothing to do with balance or the rider at all.
Is it the gyroscopic forces from the wheels, or what?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

KARMA! posted:

Slowing up? When did up mean down? :confused:
It's a pretty common variant of the phrase, and means the same thing.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

According to the youtube comments, the white car that they hit swerved into the opposite lane because he was trying to avoid rear-ending someone else. Talk about making the wrong decision under pressure :wtc:
There's a car on the shoulder to the other side, too, presumably avoiding the same thing. So basically none of those cars had proper following distance and it all stacked up at once.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

This is exactly what I needed before bed. Thank you. :)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

Check out this crazy Vincent I saw in Reno

Can you tell why I like it?
I don't know, but the perimeter brakes look awesome on that particular bike.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I've just noticed how the fairing is shaped over the alternator/crankcase cover. Like it's wearing very tight jeans. That's the most Italian thing I've ever seen.
Hah, motorcycle moose knuckle. That's fantastic.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

I just stuff my hip pockets with steel wool.
That way the cuts are already cleaned when you arrive at the ER! :downs:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The photoshopped out face with no visor is kinda creepy. Are you Nic Cage in that one movie with the bike?
Hah, I was going to mention the same thing. It's my new favorite way of removing faces. :black101:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Chichevache posted:

They'd both look better naked.
drat.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

What was the driver angry about when he mentioned his kids? Did the riders flip him off or something?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

ought ten posted:

Why on earth were the other orgs opposed?
:911:, probably.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

I need an HD wallpaper of that dude in the wave to put on every screen I own.

Comin' at ya.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

However I've now read the submission guidelines and they want 5 minutes footage before the incident and my speedo's visible in that sooo...
Just figure out where to crop the entire thing so you still catch all the action. Add visual artifacts if you look down.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

According to the rest of the internet, the driver was not arrested but is facing charges. His story is that he was stung by a wasp. Good thing there's video of a dude who didn't just hit someone because he was stung by a wasp.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Well, this brightened my morning.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hah! Because of a copyright claim by C2W. Must've been his glorious Ducati crash. What a jerk.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Steps for viewing a new No Prisoners konstantinos777 release

All viewing seats should be in an upright position, and have raw copper wires loosely connecting your chair to the closest high-voltage outlet
  • For optimal viewing situation you should be at work, on the clock and preferably in overtime with co-workers in nearby cubicles.
  • Speakers and system volume should be set to max, so your co-worker/apartment neighbor can feel the fairings grinding away - this simulates the public humiliation of a brutal crash
Diet
Prepare and consume the following shamanic, wide-spectrum chemical blend to approximate the diet of the average No Prisoners victim. Mixture should be ingested as rapidly as possible with one short break to scream wildly in your native tongue ("BLYAD/gently caress"/etc):
  • 6 oz Vodka
  • 2 quarts Gudamba/Desi Daru
  • 3 oz Jack Daniels
  • 1 24oz Can Monster Energy
  • 3 small diet (light-blue) RedBull cans
Optional
  • Connect one (1) Soviet-bloc surplus gas mask via hose to the exhaust of a coal-chipped Cummins© Turbodiesel and inhale deeply. Not recommended for beginners.
  • Have either your girlfriend (pink Scorpion helmet) or a close bro (plaid shorts and sandals) do a parked burnout with your bike, directly in front of you - for the smoke factor
  • Give your favorite local vagrant two fifths of Stolichnaya and the keys to a weird Mercedes cargo truck; also instructions to your office/house

lol if you don't follow this regime in combination with the Ludovico Technique. I have been doing this for the last six No Prisoners and I can already anticipate a cross-traffic hatchback two miles in advance - in another ten years/fifteen-thousand crash clips I am fully expecting to be able to shift to seventh gear and warp through Taiwanese red lights in GoPro© Five-Dimension™, with my lizard brain accurately predicting all possible vectors due to extensive YouTube crowdsourced 4g broadspectrum analyzation
Five and same.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

What are the different hand-signals for the different engine churches? Is I4 Throwing up the horns? Do church goers of the two cylinder engines churches use their index finger to mimic the engine configuration????
Peace sign is v-twin, thumper is middle finger, I4 is fist (or uhh Nazi salute?), devil horns is parallel twin. :getin:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Dammit. My first thought was "well what the hell is their problem, I hardly po- oh." Well done.

Made my morning.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 14, 2016

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Stuff like this makes my palms sweat just waiting for the ending. :smith:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I think that looks really, really good.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

The moment those riders decided to begin flagrantly breaking traffic laws en-masse on public roads, all the subsequent consequences that followed are on them.
This is my stance as well. If you're unlawfully inconveniencing other people and get hostile whenever they try to get around you, you're the instigator here. I have no obligation to put up with someone else breaking the law.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

hot sauce posted:

If there is a riot between you and your destination, you have no obligation to put up with it either, but it's a good idea to wait it out or chose another route.
A good idea, sure. Aside from throwing stuff at the riders (which was indefensibly dumb), they didn't do anything wrong by trying to go around and to say otherwise would be victim-blaming.

nsaP posted:

The car was hostile first, running road blocks and chucking fruit and water bottles at the riders.
Running a "road block" set up by morons breaking the law and holding up traffic for their own entertainment is not being hostile, sorry. Throwing fruit and a water bottle is.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Linedance posted:

"Victim blaming" is such a weasely phrase - it gets thrown around any time there's an incident where one party is attempting to claim a moral high ground, and it debases actual victims.
If two people involved in mutual aggression or antagonism get in a fight, neither is the victim. The victim could be a bystander, or 3rd party, but not the combatants. "Well he started it" doesn't make you a victim.
Alright, fair enough. My point is that I still feel trying to get around illegal roadblocks isn't something someone should be blamed for. "Well, you should know better" is horseshit that lends credibility to a gang where none is due.

In this case I'd agree because the driver's wife threw things, but if I'm hypothetically blocked from going somewhere and try to go around, and the blocker starts a fight about it, I'm still the victim and they're still the thugs that decided I couldn't do a thing because they wanted to play in the street.

nsaP posted:

You put your car in a group of riders like that and you deserve what you get. Personally if I was rolling in a group like that I would interpret a car coming into the group as hostile to me.
See, this. Things like this. You are why otherwise normal people hate motorcyclists and see them as thugs. Nice job.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 31, 2016

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm still trying to figure out why a goddamn pickaxe is the go-to for breaking an ignition column.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Keket posted:

Drove 200 ish miles yesterday on my little 125cc super moto to go to a moto meet in Surrey. Whilst there I met with some friend i hadn't seen in about 5-6 years and they made the suggestion to drive all the way to the Isle of Wight, which we did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHzizr7xhUY

My camera and battery where playing up, so there's no footage of them repeatedly leaving me behind on their 600cc nakeds, or me almost losing it on a country lane due to a patch of gravel.
This was a very enjoyable video.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

titanium posted:

They did this for 'Merica and I love how they handle plates now.

Oh holy poo poo, this rules. I wonder if they make kits to retrofit the ovipositor-era bikes?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Knew exactly where this was going, loved it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Yeah, that was posted a few months ago. I'm pretty sure the driver was charged. The rider may have been charged with some less-serious offense, too.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The skulls show up to signify your bike is about to grenade from running lean
This would own. Like those blue Coors cans. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

found in the OSHA.jpg thread

I experienced a legitimate "what am I looking a- OH MY JESUS"