Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Boat posted:

Well, there's certainly a cable of some sort running from the general handlebars area to the turbo inlet. I really wish the guy who took it had more pictures on his flickr.

The carb was mounted on the turbo inlet so thats the cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I saw this bike parked by some of the condos just off the main strip of Harajuku. The only info on it I have is that it said "real hopper" on it. I would love to own one of these some day but I'm guessing the price is outrageous, every little part of it looked expensive.

(click for higher rez)

titanium fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 23, 2010

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Stormangel posted:

It's a custom Harley Shovelhead made by Shinya Kimura's Zero Engineering. He's one of the few custom builders I'd like to own a bike from.

A little internet sleuthing turns up a limited production run "Road Hopper", marketed as designed by Zero Engineering. I don't know if the one you pictured is the original, one of the production, or a replica.

http://www.zeroengineeringeu.com/about/index.html

"Opened a factory direct store, “REAL HOPPER” located in Tokyo, Japan, specializing in “Road Hopper” motorcycles"

Very cool bike though, I'll post another pic of the other side when I get home.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Deeters posted:

Found it here with a bunch of other things that walked the line between AI and :argh:hipsters.

If hot "scene" chicks want to like cars and bikes again I'm all for it.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Here's a quick clip from my ride back to Minneapolis from Eugene having stopped in Portland and Seattle first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Li71FJHP1c

Not attaching the go pro to my helmet because I don't want to get goo all over my glorious Roof.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFL6z6Hw9I

Compilation of videos I took during my trip.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Too much cool stuff posted lately,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBqeJAkJAsQ

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Photos from my favorite show in Minneapolis last weekend.

DSC_0296 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0292 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0243 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0200 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0339 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0169 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0171 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

DSC_0236 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

My bike.

DSC_0268 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

I won best Japanese bike and this was the trophy.

DSC_0352 by Andrew Wong MPLS, on Flickr

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

It's a good thing they tossed off those conductive helmets in that lightning storm just in the nick of time.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
New Summer = New bike for me. Much shorter than Eugene or St.Louis this time. Still have the Street Triple, TW200, Zuma.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Linedance posted:

That's such a sexy bike. I wonder what it looks like with its fairing off... :heysexy:

Oddly enough I was changing the coolant tonight.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Z3n posted:

999 buddies! :buddy:

Hell yeah! I was going to pick up an 06 non S in Colorado but due to them not having the valve work done right at 7k miles I decided on the older local one with fewer miles. Ended up getting it for $7,400 so I'm super stoked on it. Totally different beast than my Triple, makes me love them both even more for their unique personality but holy poo poo I never knew how poorly setup my Triumph was for my size and weight till riding this bike.

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

God, how this would look, parked outside of my local coffee shop.

Haha, hopefully I can bring it up to Brainerd International this year. Cut me some slack on the chicken strips I just had the rear tire replaced and the previous owner had worn nothing but the dead center of it out for all 5,000 miles of its life (over 10 years) before I bought it 2 weeks ago.

titanium fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 13, 2013

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Guys I have a dumb hipstery style-centric TW200 but I also have two other bikes practically modded for their use. Am I always a horrible person or only when I'm puttering around town on my slow fancy bike thats only good for looks?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

apatite posted:

Did you do the mods or was it like that when you bought it? Pic?

[you are probably a horrible person]

I did everything but the swing arm, tires, and the headlight.

But I also have this for fast/fun runs (those were new tires and the bike was new the strips are gone)

And this for commutes and sprints around town.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Oglogoth posted:

What helmet is that? I like the F-35 look it has.

It's a Roof Boxer and I like it quite a bit, you look like Marvin the Martian when you flip the face all the way up.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Bloombergs newest cover is pretty :911:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Is the faster sons a play on words for "land of the rising sun"? The slogans within a red dot like the Japanese flag.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I want what Japanese dad was riding

It looks to be a modded new xsr700.

Anyway I was just in Japan a couple months ago for vacation so here's some of my bike photography.

titanium fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 23, 2015

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

ought ten posted:

Those are great pictures. Were you there on some kind of assignment? Did you get those just walking around with a camera or do you know any of those guys?

Thanks! No assignment, I wish I could get some arrangement like that going. Thats all from walking around, I dont know anyone in the photos.

hot sauce posted:

Great pics. Can you post the full album? Where in Japan?

I'll post an album up sometime, the rest are scenery not so much motorcycles. The photos are from Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and maybe some from surrounding areas.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Minneapolis has a really cool show every year called Bearded Lady, I showed up pretty late but heres some shots from it.

Yes he had a burn mark on his inner thigh from riding this with shorts or....not shorts.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

ought ten posted:

Need more pictures of that motorized big wheels

I can dig around and try to find another photo of it, sadly its just a running engine without any drivetrain. More of a cool looking toy than psychotic bigwheel.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

This at cars and coffee?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Thats really creepy and no one should do that.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Ugh, I thought I liked my bug eyes more than any other option now....I'm not so sure.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

opengl128 posted:

What levers are those? Been looking for something similar for my black Striple.

Shamefully admitting they're china ebay folders. I've had them for as long as I've owned the bike and they've been perfectly fine.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
gently caress the 999 haters here's photos of my S in ultra rare red. I had just replaced the rear tire so please dont wear shame me.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I mentioned tail units and that's more or less a universal problem now. Everything has a tiny bee-sting tail because that's fashion. Now you can make an argument that fashion is fashion but the requirement for a number plate and rear lights is just as much an absolute requirement for a road-legal motorbike as a headlight, and they're all more than happy to get design-y with them while keeping them legal. There's no reason at all why they can't extend the tail out to preclude the need for a massive ovipositor sticking out the back for the plate while keeping it slender and pointy. In fact that would leave you with a better-looking bike because you then get to conclude the lines of the bike properly. But no, all that matters is making it look good on the concept drawings, not giving the rider a nice-looking legal bike (and a dry back in the rain)

They did this for 'Merica and I love how they handle plates now.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Collateral Damage posted:

Well I learned that this is a thing today.

One of my friends has one up here in MN which is odd. When he was rebuilding the engine he spoke to some guy in Jersey that had told him that a guy that lived in FL imported the amount needed to make the scooters legal in the US. It's a really nice scooter, after a new jug, exhaust, carb, rollers, and lots of tuning he could could get it going a flat 70MPH on the highway (not downhill).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

tjones posted:

That is awesome. Anyone who hates that is bad.

Wouldn't the fat front be a good thing on a small rim like that? I've ridden some scooters with tiny skinny wheels and the front can dump you very quickly if you aren't being careful. Before you realise it, you are on the ground wondering what the gently caress just happened while everyone laughs at you.

I believe the C3 has the same sized front tire as the Zuma which has much more on it than the Elite/Jog/Razz so you'd be fine with the stock one. That said it looks neat and if you're taking scooter/moped riding that serious you're bad. *eyes pseudo crustpunk moped folks in disdain*