Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I might be selling mine pretty soon. We'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
That's the problem with my Miata. I fit in glovelike fashion, and I'd like something where my knees are not splayed to either side of the wheel so much.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Well, I no longer have a Miata. It belongs to my sister now. :)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I called Mazda about 6 times (~15 different VINs) when I was looking for a Miata. The various people I talked to said no problem and were really cool about it. I suspect I'm not the only person to have done that.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Phone posted:

You can get the NC with HIDs and an LSD and the ND has LED lighting and an LSD. Are you from 1996? Is Navigation a deal breaker?

Why anyone wants lovely factory navigation is beyond me when you can mount an Android tablet/iPad in the car that's 100 times better than garbage systems car manufacturers put in a car.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Taco Box posted:

Anyone else get kinda tired of DDing a miata? I feel kinda old because of it but lately I've been feeling like going back to my focus hatchback. This time it'd be a manual instead of that awful dct they put in those. It was a comfortable and super useful car and I miss it a lot. My NC is a fun car and drives very athletically, but sometimes I wish I could just kinda...relax. I feel like I'm wasting such a nice car in a stop&go commute every day. I can't afford to have both, and don't really want to keep up on maintenance on three cars.

I dunno, any goons fall out of love with their miatas?

I loved mine until I had an episode of claustrophobia in it. It didn't help that I never really fit in the first place.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I miss my Miata. I wonder if I got the thinnest seat possible if I would fit.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

leica posted:

Doesn't sound bad, but I wonder how the costs would compare to a K series swap.

Why do that when you can put in a light V6? http://www.superfastmiatas.com/JV6%20Miata%20Kit.html

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

bandman posted:

Moist, salty air makes Florida cars rust like a motherfucker.
Only if you're within 2 miles of the coast. Florida is as good as any other southern state if you're outside that. My parents tend to own cars for 10 years and they are about 7 miles inland. No rust whatsoever..

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Savington posted:

Hopefully this post isn't too commercial - I've been a member here long enough that I doubt anyone will complain about me hawking some parts, especially ones as cool as these.
Boostu stuff

I'll pass this along to a buddy of mine who is itching for a turbo Miata

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Coredump posted:

What is it about the Miata that attracts taller people trying to shoehorn themselves into the car?
They're lots of fun to drive?

I miss mine.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

blk posted:

Bilstein B6 with stock springs?

The KYB AGX are a little cheaper - any good?
Compared to Bilstieins, ehhhhhhh.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

FatCow posted:

As a triangle resident, I refuse to acknowledge that Charlotte is good for anything.

Beer? They have some good breweries.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

ethanol posted:

I'm pretty sure all the radar enforced by aircraft signs are just bullshitting or hold outs from an American age where flying a Cessna didn't cost an arm and a leg. I just can't see anybody justifying the cost of a plane and pilot these days just to nab speeders. I hope they put Stuka sirens on them just for comedic effect though

Back in 01 I got spotted by a Cessna on i10.

86 in a 70. In a Windstar.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Phone posted:

Idk, it's been kinda poo poo lately. It looks good for Saturday, though.

Also, commence the :qq:ing: I scraped the front lip today. :( (it's fine, I don't mind that much)

Still haven't seen it in person yet. (My fault)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

um excuse me posted:

Hello! I'm looking to buy an NA Miata. I'm going to race the car. I want to have clear direction on how to build up the car. Who can show me where I might be able to find the rules to different spec Miata classes? Preferably something cheaper to run in, but not autox.

Also, which year/version NA might be best for this? I don't want to take a perfectly good road car off the street if I'm going to replace most of its desirable components.

Buy someone else's race car. It will save you lots of money in the long run.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Is it wrong that I can't overcome how bad the interior is in the C5? It's just so bad.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My wife's NB2 (VVT) Miata threw another timing belt less than 30 miles after replacement. It ran and drove fine until she went to start it after driving it to work. When I was putting the engine back in alignment to time it, I noticed the intake cam was extremely high effort to move before turning as freely as it should. Is it possible it has a sticky valve or a bad spot on the bearings? Is there something else I should check before I pull the head?

Wrar fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 16, 2019

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Nobody knows? :(

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

BlackMK4 posted:

Is there a proven NC track coilover setup given that the Xidas aren't out yet?

Cup Miata was for NCs. I'm sure it's sorted out with those guys.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

MrOnBicycle posted:

I was close to buying (or going to see with the expectation to buy) and MR2, but it sold before I had time. I've read that MR2s are not optimal for tall people (6'4" long legged) though. A 944 has also crossed my mind, but the maintenance costs seem pretty high. Z3 coupes are pretty expensive here, on par with BRZs.

I'm 6' 3 and mostly legs. SW20 MR2s should be fine. I have not had the chance to play in an AW11 or the MRS so I can't say much about those.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I buttoned the timing system on my wife's 01 NB2 back up, threw a new battery in, and it still won't start. New NTK crank angle sensor gapped with a feeler gauge to 1.05mm (spec is 0.5mm to 1.5mm).

The symptoms are:
Cranks
No tach signal

The only thing I can think of what I may have done wrong is that the trigger wheel is on backwards. I put the dimple dent toward the engine.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Phone posted:

My bets are on backwards trigger wheel, cam off a tooth, dead/not plugged in cam sensor, coils reversed, or immobilizer gave up the ghost.

Cam sensor plugged in. Crank sensor plugged in. Took the pulley off and verified the trigger wheel (dish out, dimple in) and gapped it down to 0.7mm. Not sure how the coils could be reversed, 2-3 goes in the middle and you run the long wire from 4 to 1.

Would the immobilizer keep it from getting a tach signal? The other possibility is that the crank sensor wiring is bad?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

BlackMK4 posted:

Could someone post a picture of their NB Miata of the area between the trunk opening and the quarter panel? Is it basically flat as the drip rail heads back to the tail lights or is there some kind of curve to it?
If Mathlete doesn't get it I will.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Should be able to pick up a used wheel from and airbag from a salvager easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
So the beater 1.8 NB2 has a blown head gasket. OEM or aftermarket (Mahle?)