Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2yjntzAcoE

Guys from myg0t coerce a kid into RDMing (random deathmatching, i.e. killing someone for no reason) in a gmod custom gamemode called Trouble in Terrorist Town. Then it just snowballs from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Darval posted:

Hahah, that kid just begs for it. But what's with this guys wallhack or something? It's been a long time since I've played TTT, but you usually can't see people through walls can you...?
No, he's wallhacking. Myg0t videos feature hacks of whatever kind so often that I kind of end up not seeing them when I watch their grief videos

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

bucketmouse posted:

It's C:\con\con, you just do anything that would pass that to the default file handler.

I had a lot of fun times doing this:

hahahaha look at all of this loser's files

It doesn't work anymore but back in the frontier days of browsers when interprotocol calls were allowed it was the easiest way to make people have a hacking freakout imaginable. If you want to see what it actually does, make a new tab navigate to 'file:///C:/'.
What's just as funny is when you see someone link to an image from their computer, like [img]c:\my documents\bob\my awesome picture.jpg[/img]

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

redmercer posted:

I'd just like to say that if I were the kind of person who would go for a virtual funeral in a game, I'd much rather have something like that happen, because who gives a poo poo about a funeral in WOW where nothing goes wrong?

This, but any sort of meetup in virtual reality. Especially press conferences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29361_XFpTc

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The thing about the text-to-speech is that that's a standard feature in Unreal Engine 3 (indeed, it's present in Unreal Tournament 3 as well). The voice modulation was also something that existed in UT3 too, since it's just feeding special data to the text-to-speech engine.

Of course so few people played UT3 that the feature was discovered years later in a free game released by NASA.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Giggily posted:

tricking a good portion of our server into believing in a fictional conspiracy

Someone really needs to write up a good post about ATRA. I forget if that was the subject TartanTory was working on but I do know he's working on a great post for this thread.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Slanderer posted:

I'm kinda liking this dude's videos, even though that first one was my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iA2Pxucwc

"get out of here, werewolf!"
"...i'm not a.."
"GET OUT OF HERE, WEREWOLF!"

"rule 1. no demons.
rule 2. no werewolves
rule 3. no vampires"

Honestly this one's my favorite video on stggg's account, but from that group in particular this saga's my absolute favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2yjntzAcoE

This is where it starts. A kid named Acorn gets really mad when Justinbieberfan6969 (:allears:) keeps telling him that he'll be banned for RDMing. It just spirals out of control from there and I don't want to spoil it, but the sentence "There's only one Mighty Pirate" tickles me pink every time I hear it, along with "You said 'mighty pirate,' we got mighty pirate." Trigger warning: Werewolf-shaming at around the 1:22 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXJlcbUsN2U

In the second part Justinbieberfan6969 catches Acorn being racist and making stupid grunting noises. Bieber also remembers nerds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlB_tgrK2I

In the third and final part of the series, Acorn does something more pathetic than any of his behavior in the other two videos combined. I really don't want to spoil it. (this takes place before part 2 but what happens in it is so amazing)

edit: Have the lost episode, Acorn's Secret Service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_spS6rw8PI

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 30, 2013

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

Was the grief getting me to listen to that pathetic poo poo at the end of that video? If so, you win.

Taunting and cursing at a crying 14 year old over mumble isn't really a clever form of griefing. Everyone's gotta start somewhere I guess.

By that logic neither is getting a child to scream and slam his keyboard/mouse. Getting someone to cry over a video game isn't valid griefing, but making a kid go completely bonkers is...?

I don't want to be all "lol gently caress everyone SOMETHINGAWFUL DOT COM" but on the same token you are posting in the griefing thread. Trying to assign some line of morality where a certain form of griefing is okay but another isn't is really dodgy because being an rear end in a top hat over the Internet is the entire point of griefing.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

It's not a moral issue, it's an issue of the mundane verses the clever and funny. Locking someone in the air and only saying hello ends up being pretty funny in the retelling. Getting some 14 year old kid to cry by banning him and calling him a bitch will usually just get you blank stares. The first part of that video is rather funny, the ending not so much.
Fair enough. If it's about a taste in humor, I can't really touch you. Different people find different things funny. To be fair, I couldn't exactly watch all the way through 2002: A Gmod Odyssey, though I thought the parts leading up to the guy going into the ventrilo were funny. I just thought you were bringing a morality argument in.

nexus6 posted:

Here we go again :rolleyes:
hey dont creepshame me *makes a post advocating rape*

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

It's not really about age or crying. Those kids crying are usually the same ones screaming about "niggers" and "faggots" up to the point where they realize it doesn't stop the griefers. I agree with Seg there isn't really moral divide with the types of griefing, just the level of humor one gets from it. I just think the reactions to the clever griefs or those aimed at tryhards are far funnier.

Don't be silly Seg, you can touch me any time you want. :heysexy:
Oh I agree. Though, if you look at the Acorn the RDMer series (where people also complained that the series revolved around harassing a teenager with not much cleverness put into it), my favorite part is when they concoct the fantastic story of Acorn acting out: according to the griefers he joins the server, shouts "gently caress the cops, gently caress the five-o, LA gang for life", and freekills everyone. The story gets more and more ridiculous and Acorn just keeps getting angrier and angrier. That's what I think the clever part is: they make up this ridiculous story, and Acorn buys into it by getting really pissed off.

And I'm totally aware bby ;-*

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

What in the poo poo is a MOBA?

"MOBA" is an obsolete acronym. The new preferred terminology is Aeon of Strife-Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Man, all I can imagine is if SS13 had a UI like Terraria or even Minecraft. It's a testament to the game's creativity and diversity that it has all these great stories and so much entertainment in spite of its interface and engine. A Space Station 13 in an engine that's actually fun to control is basically the holy grail of griefing at this point.

From what I understand, BYOND's creator is shocked that SS13 even runs in his engine. It makes me wonder why BYOND was even chosen as a platform. Perhaps the creator just wanted a simple roleplaying game and he kept adding feature after feature after feature...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
This video is fantastic. Especially the parts with the creepy glitched-out soldier.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

ASK ME ABOUT BEING NEXON AMERICA'S ONLY SYSADMIN
You wouldn't have any funny stories about this pertaining to this thread, would you? :allears:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

No but luckily there's voice chat, so sometimes I just repeat it over and over again while they yell at me to move.

Make sure to remind them that they must not look within 33.3 degrees of you or any law officer or be shot.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
There's something pretty special about comp Smash players. Competitive video game players can get pretty spergy and awful (the fighting game community in particular has a bad reputation for being abusive), but Smash players far and away are the worst.

There's also that competitive Pokemon player who got kicked out of a hotel for literally throwing he own poop.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
this extension is amazing:

Wild T posted:

You could creep up behind the sniper, pop smoke right on top of him and immediately activate OMA. The blinding butt of smoke lasted far longer than the class switch time, allowing you infinitely envelop the sniper in a enormous butt. Even better, it attracted enemy attention, who would often toss a frag into my butt and kill both of you.

Content: Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS that takes place on giant continent sized maps. Each faction has a "warpgate", a home base of sorts that serves as a staging area. In this warpgate, friendly-fire is turned off, and it's impossible for anyone inside the warpgate to take damage (enemies can't get inside these warpgates).

Because it's impossible to take damage, a fun thing to do is to spawn fighter aircraft and use them to nudge the landed Galaxies (large transport jets used by many to transports large groups of players to drop onto a point) into an inverted position, where they'll stay there, upside down, unable to move. Forever.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Don't remind me. It hurts to think about what could've been.

Griefing in AoS was simple: shooting blocks lowered their health, so you could plink at structures to destroy them. A block that wasn't connected to the ground gets destroyed, so killing a tower is as simple as destroying the bottom foundation. You could do this with hills too.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 10, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
jokes on them, I was only PRETENDING to be retarded

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

TheSpiritFox posted:

Dude learn another transition/sentence beginning besides "Now," are you high?

On insanity peppers.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

My Precious Eggs posted:

My friends, I offer you up the fruits of my labors, in the spirit of 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCq3Bj7_x0

Holy poo poo this is gold. I hate how long the intro is (30 seconds is like ten times too long) but I can't contain myself whenever that loving Bottles picture pops up from under the frame and squeaks.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mr. Soop posted:

GOONty. :ese:

Holy poo poo, that had me rolling. I have no idea why, but hearing Grunty through their audio made me laugh even harder.

My favorite part is the loving admin Bottles.

"ADMIN KICK THIS GUY PLEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEE" *squeak*

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

This is pretty great, the combination of the kid's echo and the Jewish guy walking by after he collapses on the ground screaming ADMIN ABUSE just saying "That's not cool, dude" is hilarious

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

g0t_hats posted:

Team Roomba videos are all staged dude lol. Why do you think they only made like two? People found out and hosed them up.

I think they're still funny just for the spectacle of it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Jeffrey posted:

this is sometimes pretty funny, like that irish kid whose parents told him to stop swearing

The best ones are when parents of children get involved and get pulled by their hair into the world of griff. This one's one of my favorites for that, and many other reasons. It features a mom defending her son from accusations of racism by stating that they have a mixed-race aunt, threats of reporting the griefers to the FBI for hacking, 192.168.1.1 showing up as the target's alleged IP, "in-game negotiations," and more.

Speaking of in-game VOIP arguments, there's also this amazing video. There's Only One Mighty Pirate™.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

It's the new Chris Chan

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
There's griefing, then there's just crimes against humanity.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Jace Connors is great, it's like all the schadenfreude of Chris-Chan without any of the moral handwringing because he's not autistic, just a huge loser.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
This isn't exactly griefing but it involves rage over video games so I'm gonna post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9dIEeYSklc

"So yeah, you're gay" :smugdog: *lovely Spark Mandrill MIDI*

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Wait really? God dammit

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The Griefing Thread: An entire family of flourishing wildlife comfortably seated in your anus

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Dreggon posted:

I think the real griefer is Christopher Robin or whatever the developer's name is. Is there even anything for anyone to play? Some kind of beta? Or just "in X years we might have something for you" and people immediately throw down tens of thousands of dollars?

Oh bother.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Why do motherfuckers like National Report and Daily Currant exist? The Onion isn't funny because it reports fake news, it's funny because it reports outlandish stories as the truth.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
This thread got griefed hard and now the mods are going to have to patch it

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Does anyone have any evidence of the bug that let you name seeds the entire first chapter of Harry Potter?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I've been going through his channel, and there's a whole lot of videos where he goes onto brony servers and keeps calling them 'horses' and it's funnier than it has any right to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpg2H3eIsHw

The "armpit models" bit holy poo poo.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

My favorite line is the reply to that.

"Can you show me where you saw that? Because I'm a mod on this server and that's news to me."

"Maybe it was that it's kickable?"

"Nope, I haven't heard that one either."

"Maybe it should be..."

:v: "Well, I've been told it's bannable."

:what: "By who?"

:v: "..."

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

What the hell is the context of this? Guys in a Terraria voip channel playing some kind of war game (Battlefield or ARMA or w/e) and one guy in Terraria getting really really mad that they're not using the channel for its intended purpose?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Ninkobei posted:

The terraria guys are playing a FPS and left out a guy who they probably dont like playing with, we'll call him mr. rage. They probably told him they were playing terraria, a game they know he doesn't like, to get away from him. Truth is revealed, hell breaks loose.

I can't imagine why they don't want to play with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

brony spotted

• Locked thread