Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

ARACHNOTRON posted:

I accidentally griefed everyone including myself by trying to play TTT without Counter Strike installed. The entire map was invisible so I, as the traitor and one of only two players remaining, dragged the match out far too long because I couldn't navigate anywhere. It was horrible! And pink!

If you search for "TTT" in the GMOD steam workshop there are models/maps/textures you can get. There are a few things missing but it's a lot better than having pink + black checkerboard textures and "ERROR" bullet casings, props, guns, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

New video from PedroTheSexyMexicano, it's mostly DarkRP griefing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up80Tje967Q

If you haven't seen his other videos yet be sure to check them out.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I love how when you guys are crashing his personal server he is spectating one of the spies while it happens.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

coyo7e posted:

Playing GunZ is a grief in itself.

I can't even imagine how terrible it must be these days with K-stylers flying everywhere. It's a shame too, because it's a neat premise and pretty well-executed, outside of the people flying around, nearly immune to being shot before they switch back to their shotgun and mop the floor with you.

Jesus, I remember playing GunZ many years ago while on some weird "free games" binge and can't remember at all why I played it for as long as I did. The amount of hackers and people who were insanely good at doing all of the K-style techniques meant that I was even worse than I naturally was. Although, I can recall wall-jumping up to the highest point in most levels and hiding there with my sword stuck in the wall which made some people pretty miffed in the last-man standing type modes.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Welp, both videos seem to have been taken down by the streamers. I've never seen a stream sniping video taken down before, zelmarked has all of his up still, as well as a few other individual videos.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Magres posted:

Speaking of which, are there any rumblings on a release date for the SS13 standalone? I've wanted to play it forever but gently caress dealing with BYOND.

http://spacestation13.com/?cat=4

They're trying to get a playable alpha out as soon as they can, and they seem to be making good progress.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

No real griefer would prank call someone, that's just taking it too far. Once you stop doing it to people over video games and start talking to them over the phone is when you surpass hitler.

4533josh posted:

No hacks just good ol' stream sniping.

I love how she changes servers and they're already there.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

quote:

must post an example or die

boy howdy this all sounds awfully close to what closed this thread the first time

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Control Volume posted:

ahahahahahahhaha
did you try to own me using linux

dude nobody cares about your stupid slapfight, give it a rest and post some griefs instead

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

glad we're all having a good time here together in the griefing thread :kiddo:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Dillbag posted:

Ok, this guy HAS to be a gimmick. I mean it's a Chung Ling Soo-level gimmick, but nobody reacts like that in real life, do they? Plus, if he was a REAL libertarian nutjob he would own better guns.

Funny you say that because there's an entire wiki dedicated to figuring out/loving with this guy:

http://wiki.teamgamerfood.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Theories#Ruseman_Theory

The idea that he's just putting on a show is so far fetched after seeing all the other possibilities.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Promoted Pawn posted:

I think my favorite part of this is that only 2 months and 34 posts separate a "Senior Mod" from a "Junior Member".

Dude, he's got 2 reputation, this guy is up there with the best.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Cartoon posted:

Not if he's lying :colbert:

The Pre-Sequel is only 10% off, not $10 off. That's six dollars! Griefed again!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

It is the natural evolution of griefing. 2D > 3D > Real Life.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Where they're calling from is irrelevant because they use Caller ID spoofing so it looks like it's local.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Rutkowski posted:

Haha that's true. Some CSGOer looking for kicks and 4chan props probably won't do more than five minutes of research.

The handful of recent Swattings has been done by (or claimed to have been done by) a single dude from myg0t, he seems to have figured out a method of doing these things.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

g0t_hats posted:

I was there when he got swatted, I know who did it. I was simply stating that it wasn't me or anyone else from myg0t. Chill.

I just guessed that off of who posted videos of the swatting/people commenting on the videos, my bad. :)

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I'm not sure how you guys hosed up (and keep loving up) trying to own someone who literally said they would rape a five year old.

Maybe buy him another avatar, even though he posts exclusively in this thread. :thumbsup:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This thread has an unexpected number of SJWs out to get mean old Mr mygot. #gamergate in here. Tbh he's holding to more traditional goon values

What the gently caress does #gamergate or "SJWs" have to do with anything in this thread?

e: "goon values" is a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

g0t_hats posted:

you guys cry more then the people in the videos lmao

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Goofballs posted:

That's just cs as played by the low rank players. That's how they are. There is no grief happening. There are however very fun things you can do to mess with people in cs, some of them involve being good, others involve not helping and some involve map knowledge. In order those would look like a deag only team owning, not defusing the dumb after its been planted and throwing the bomb outside of the map. Silvers tking each other and back biting is just par for the course.

yeah

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Triple A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK9d0XSBS5g

Post content, you humorless circlejerkers.

uhh, there's no grief happening. am i missing something???

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Well, to me it did happen.

weird, it's almost like humour is subjective, and that we don't need to throw a tantrum any time someone posts something we don't like...

you sound like you're on to something here

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

*in a very goony voice* where's the grief?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

oh cool the hats guy is gone, bring on the epic griefs my goon sires
can't wait to hear about some guy making a space car in a funny shape that affects nobody or something trying to convince nobody about how bad star citizen is
I sure do love me some griefs :cheers:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

silentsnack posted:

...or maybe just call it 'getting people mad' or even 'trolling' if the reaction is the only part that matters.
This is the def'n of griefing that you posted lol

quote:

A griefer is a player who plays a game simply to aggravate and harass other players.

wuat posted:

griefing is about getting people mad not how you abused the game to do it thnaks
those are exactly the same things lmao

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 28, 2014

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

got some griefs hot off of the press

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjED1FzqNHs

i hope we can all enjoy this and not have any problems :kiddo:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Azraelle posted:

I shot some guys on my team in some FPS and they called me a fag :troll:

haha thats sick dude, i'm glad u enjoyed the video. some people in this thread just need to loosen up.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

ullerrm posted:

:agreed:

As for some actual grief content, here's a classic from Eve that I don't think has been posted yet -- suicide-ganking an entire corp in one shot with massed smartbombs, while recording their Teamspeak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPKiCT1Q9I&t=45s

yeah man im totally going to watch this ten minute pixelated slideshow and read the spreadsheets all over the gamescreen. what a loving lol grief this is my dude! whoa!!! look at those dots on the screen man, what a masterful grief!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Average Bear posted:

*tugs at collar* err yeah um but when do they call the other guys niggers and fags haha

ullerrm posted:

We mostly call each other niggers and faggots. CCP did a trailer a while back that was all put together from player videos, and there was no Goon comms in there for a reason. :P

unironically lol

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

This will be my last post in this thread but i would like to reiterate that griefing is wrong and totally not my poo poo. While i am glad someone was punished i would have also liked this thread shut down and declared illegal. Goodbye

same

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

lol he loving sounds like goku trying to go super saiyan when he's mad

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

wait as in you set people up to suddenly learn someone was trans at 3rd base?

there's griefing and then there's potentially getting someone beaten into a coma

lmao what the gently caress. did you reply to the wrong post?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

silentsnack posted:

Is it possible to set a point just far enough past a bridge railing (or something of the sort) that it requires reaching/leaning out, so people drop their phones trying to get in range?

Probably, just get a selfie stick and tap away.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

I will destroy you irl magres..

wow i may just dip into my reddit gold allowance for the month to give you a red title, you absolute piece of poo poo. gently caress you.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Soulex posted:

Is it just a text game? I recall one story of someone having their child stolen by a group, who then put it in a vending machine at a ludicrous price.

Yeah, there's an ascii map or two you can get for basic navigation but it's just words apart from that. InfernoMOO is basically a fork of HellMOO without the orphan rape among other notable changes. I don't know if HellMOO even has a playerbase still.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Dizz posted:

They don't need to do anything and still make money. just keep the servers rolling and these people will never leave.

Not to mention the fact that most people who play SL still use computers from the last millennium.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The grief is this lovely loving thread. Have some actually funny stuff by the same group of dudes who committed internet child abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koHlXm6AvHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WNHd50sJoU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Kinda related news. A few of the videos posted in this final not-poo poo era of the thread were by z0mby, whose account just got hacked. Apparently he had used the same password for multiple accounts and some rival group of internet nerds took over. All but a few really old videos were taken down. Whoever has control of the account has plugged their sick middle eastern beatz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4Jw9c4NBM

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Can you give more context to all of the stuff after the second sentence? I feel like I might appreciate the situation more if I understood what a divine rapier or a templar assassin is

gg no bm, re?

• Locked thread