Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Does anyone use the riff player thing? I try to use it but every time I do, the DVD audio is really really quiet and impossible to hear (only the speech, though; the music is normal volume). I've fixed this problem several times, by digging around for about an hour on the rifftrax forums and doing something involving codecs, but the thing is I watch riffs infrequently enough so that I can never remember what I did, and I have to go back and do the whole search again, which is just too exhausting.

Does anyone else have that same problem? I like the idea of the riff player, but getting it working isn't really worth the effort, it's just easier to use the mp3 track I think.

The only problem I've encountered with the riff player was that no matter what I did, it kept losing sync with Star Trek V, until it was up to 20 seconds off. Even when I followed their directions for fixing the problem, it never recovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Mein Eyes! posted:

Also, has anyone tried out the Star Treks? I don't think I've ever watched any of the films before (though I remember something about a whale and the 80s or some poo poo), so I've been holding off. Are they worth getting?

The "Star Trek" riffs are pretty funny. The fifth one has a few sync problems, but is overall solid. The sixth one is the best one, because it has all three MST3K guys, and it's hilarious. By "Generations," they lose a bit of steam, but it's still funny.

The movies themselves? Well, the sixth is excellent, while the other two are fairly terrible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Behonkiss posted:

Gonna chime in and say that my iRiff for Labyrinth is out:

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/labyrinth

Any other goons working on iRiffs?

I'm trying to get some of my friends involved in a Hellraiser III riffing. Whether it'll ever occur remains to be seen.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Der Shovel posted:

The old sitcom Cheers, I imagine. I haven't seen it myself but there's a character called Norm who's a big fat man, and when he enters, people yell "NORM!"

Is this sarcasm?

Edit: Nevermind.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

It would have to be Harrison Ford, getting progressively drunker.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Man, "One Got Fat" is actually loving disturbing to me.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Hey, that'd be nice.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

BILL IS ON TURKEY DAY

I was glad to see Rifftrax represented in the ads.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I threw 'em $5 for a download of a classic episode. Totally getting LASERBLAST.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

What happens if you already own a given riff?

If it's like the Doctor Who bundle they got going on right now, you just buy it again. I owned two of the stories but bought it anyway.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Short on cash right now, but I pledged a buck for the shorts. Wish I could've pledged more.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ringu0 posted:

A new set of stretch goals is up. This time they are going for the number of backers.

7000 backers: Bridget and Mary Jo Gravity MP3
7500: Reunion show Blu-ray choice
8000: Daredevil ep 1 MP3
8500: DVD of Time Chasers show
9000: Walking Dead ep 1 MP3
9500: Jurassic World MP3
10000: Road House MP3

Oh man, if we get a new Road House commentary, I will be so stoked.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also, one of the Reunion riffs had better be Mike, Joel, and Jonah all together.

I'm sure it will happen right before the grand finale with EVERYONE tearing something apart.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Haha, I forgot that Lowtax was part of the live Plan 9 show.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

How often is the intro forever long with that animation? I just encountered it on Flying Saucer Mystery and Holy God it is bad.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

What should I expect from The Guy From Harlem?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

So, in the past two days, I watched Roller Gator, Alien Outlaw and Zindy the Swamp Boy.

I think my brain has broken.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I bought Cyber Tracker and Duck and Cover with the $10. I didn't understand what was happening in Cyber Tracker very much.

Duck and Cover was pretty loving bizarre. I'd never actually watched it all the way through.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bob James posted:

"You know, I'm going to buy http://wellnowivegotthattoworryabout.com/ and redirect it to a picture of a dog licking itself." - Bill Corbett

amazing

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I will buy the un-riffed Roller Gator and put it on to clear out parties.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

DisembAudio's continued breakdown through The Room is pretty funny.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

If that survey that was sent out a year ago means anything, it COULD be a Doctor Who thing.

Please let it be the 8th Doctor TV Movie. Let them riff on Eric Roberts's Master.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

A few months ago, I watched the first Puppet Master and thought it was loving terrible. How did it end up with 90 sequels?

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 25, 2017

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Some folks may have figured out the mystery movie.

If this is true, I feel better for not funding this year. It's a pretty whatever choice and there's zero chance they'd ever get VOD rights for it.

I don't know, I could see the BBC going for it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...95b3c8d4f000020

It's The Five Doctors.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

New/old Rifftrax Presents: Mary Jo & Bridget do Angel's Revenge.

Hell yes. That's going to be Great.

I just bought Fever Lake. I'm stoked for Slater and Haim.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'm considering making a new megathread, considering the OP hasn't been updated since the Bush administration and a bunch of stuff has happened since then. I'd like to know everyone's favorite riffs (blockbuster, b-movie, and shorts) so I can post an 'essentials' list in the new OP.

Rollergator is probably the worst film they've done, so include that somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I kind of wish they hadn't edited most of the musical numbers out of Hillbillys in a Haunted House, but boy, I can't blame them for doing so.

• Locked thread