Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The last hurrah of ICE.

2021 Dodge Durango SRT.

This was a factory order. 2 months from order to delivery.

Replaced my 2003 Mach 1 Mustang and a 2018 Chevy Traverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

PBCrunch posted:

That is the American definition of Automotive Insanity.

It's a full second faster then my old 03 Mach 1 in the 1/4 mile despite being 1900lbs heavier. And it literally fits the entire family.

It's pure stupid American v8 muscle and I love it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Thom ZombieForm posted:

After a 5? Month wait, my ct4 blackwing has finally arrived at the dealership. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow

Probably overpaid for a ceramic coat but was amazed to find a dealer offering msrp in 2022

:drool:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My buddy had one of those in white back in the mid 1990s. It was a fun little car that endured many road trips.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I couldn’t use launch control or Track mode in my SRT until after 1500 miles.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Does that 300 have the Uconnect4?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

republic posted:

I took delivery of an endangered species yesterday.

Still getting used to the shifter and the clutch - it feels so different coming from a Focus ST!

That have the 5.7 or the 6.4?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My '03 Mach 1 went to two auctions after I sold it before it wound up at an exotic/specialty dealer outside of Pittsburgh where it sold after about a month. Lost track of it there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oversized American Excess - the car.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Darchangel posted:

I really don't want a to slam a fellow goon, but not only are those stupid huge and stupid expensive, everything about them is stupid, except maybe the engine, and that remains to be seen. They're the Ford Excursion of Jeeps, and represent everything wrong with American car manufacturers right now.
Twin-turbo straight six I can get behind, though. Too bad it's a Stellantis product.

You don’t buy something like this without realizing all of that. You embrace it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

MetaJew posted:

For the money, OP should've bought an E63 AMG wagon or RS6 Avant or something slightly less hostile to humans.

Buying a 5 passenger wagon to haul around a family of 6 surely would be a choice.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It’s the highest trim level. It has everything.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Full Collapse posted:

How is the McIntosh stereo?

It’s good. I’m not a huge audiophile but it sounds as advertised.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Head Bee Guy posted:

Should have gotten a luxury trim benz sprinter. Captain’s chair for every kiddo. No half-stepping.

It's funny, a local Benz dealer has a pretty well equipped one on the lot. Black leatherette all the plus and premium interior packages and the HO diesel!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Well that’s loving gorgeous.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Is that an ‘02 SS?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So I went from February knowing next to nothing about Alfa to buying one in September.

My main priorities are getting decent all-season tires on the rims it so I don't kill myself when it gets cold and a decent set of snow tires for the winter.

It drives as advertised. Extremely docile an d easy to maneuver in traffic and then you get into the open highway and punch it and it roars to life and it goes exactly where you point it. It's like nothing else I've ever driven, the closest thing I've owned before is my '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R, but even that is a light year away from this.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Almost forgot the best part.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That’s where im at. The stock rubber apparently gets white knuckle under 40 degrees but more often then not when I leave for work in the fall and winter before it snows it will be that cold, but then it will warm up to 40+.

But actual ‘no poo poo it’s snowing’ might only be a few days out of a few weeks during the heart of the winter.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 7, 2023

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That’s really loving cool

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

Unless the car was originally at a dealership in another state, then you gotta pony up for the bumper plugs anyway. :(

I’ve never had a dealer drill the front bracket in when I’ve asked them not to.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That’s loving awful.

NJ is front plate state and I have not had the factory plate bracket attached to a single car I’ve bought here.

I use Sto-n-show on everything. Worked great on every Jeep (Grand Cherokee/Grand Wagoneer/Gladiator) and my Durango.

They install in seconds and you can pop the bracket off and on super easy.

The only thing I don’t have a front plate on is the Alfa. The front splitter extends at speed in dynamic mode and solutions that mount under the splitter just don’t exists for that reason.

I bought a towhook mounting bracket but have not bothered to instal it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

GramCracker posted:

The entire area from Bedford/Pound Ridge up to North Salem is littered with some great roads if I'm looking to cruise a bit locally and not venture too far. As does the entire North Western corner of CT near Lime Rock Park, especially Route 7 from New Milford all the way north to LRP is fantastic. Only issue with the latter for me is that despite the amazing roads and driving, it's like a half tank of gas or more to get there from where I live...and I live within 1.5 hours of it (read: the GTR is loving thirsty)

I grew up that way. Where do you go?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Green car best car.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

oh you son of a bitch

and gently caress all seasons, get some good summer rubber and good winter rubber, don’t hobble that sexy machine with all seasons.

Put Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 on it today. It's only been a few days under 40 degrees and it has not snowed a lick, so I was not in any rush.

The OEM Pirelli P Zero Corsa have maybe 1/4-1/2 their life left at 7000 miles, 6/32 front and back.

As long as I keep it in "A"daptive mode and don't drive like an idiot the Corsa have been perfectly fine even in the rain. Once I got used to the car I never felt nervous. Once the Corsa's run their life I'll probably want to move to something that his a bit more tread life.

e: fun game!

1985 Mitsubishi Montero - Black
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Red
1999 Ford Mustang v6 - Silver
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Grey
2003 Ford Focus ZX3 - Dark Blue
2006 Dodge Dakota - Silver
2016 Jeep Wranger - White
2017 Nissan Rogue - Silver
2019 Chevy Traverse - White
2021 Dodge Durango SRT - Black
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Black
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit - Silver
2023 Jeep Grand Wagoneer III Obsidian - Black
2023 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrofolio - Green

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 24, 2023

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Well I did a thing, at that thing got delivered an hour ago:

2023 Guilia Quadrifoglio in Verde Montreal, with 3500 miles on it

It's filthy from transport and needs a wash, and I still have to get it registered and pay taxes, etc so I've only driven it into my garage and that's it. But my god, that startup exhaust note, I've started it like a dozen times to hear it and I giggle every time because it sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbEEtMs66M

Our cars are twins!

Except mine has like 9k miles on it.

10k service is next week!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Got it registered yesterday!

Washed it today and took it for a spin. I’m not gonna lie, this much power is kind of terrifying, like a 4 door sedan should not be able to do what this does kind of terrifying.

You get used to it. Does it have the Corsas on it?

They’re not as bad in the rain as people say but keep it in A mode when it’s wet out.

Even in D the car will save you from yourself unless your an absolute lunatic.

In Race mode know what your doing. I broke the rear lose in Race mode once was it was not fun. I was not in traffic and recovered, but ESC is your friend.

More then once I’ve casually gunned it to pass somebody on the highway and found myself going 100+.

It will be incredibly planted at speed, you won’t realize how fast your going. There is a setable speed alert in the gauge cluster menu. I have mine set to beep at me when I hit 110.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Car needs a bath but I got the carbon fiber V grille installed.

Also put in the CF illuminated door sills, CF rearview mirror caps, and the logo puddle lights.

All of which should of been factory, but so be it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

DoesNotCompute posted:

Having flashbacks to the dealer quoting $600 to replace one of my illuminated door sills that stopped lighting up on my A4.

It was $500 for the set. The instal was quick and easy, hardest part was fishing the power connector out of the car.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 23, 2024

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I very much like the blacked out look.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah, the puddle lights at the very least should be standard. At least the install isn't too hard as long as they left a little slack in the wiring. My 2.0 only had 3 installed since the person laying out the wiring didn't leave one micrometer of extra wire in one of the rear passenger doors and I didn't feel like taking the entire door panel off.

Anyway, found a battery cover for my key fob in Verde Montreal to match my car

:aaaaa:

Have a link to where you found that?!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

New wheels…who dis?

Also the amount of St. Patrick’s comments I got this morning was silly.

I reminded folks that St. Patrick was Italian.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 17, 2024

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

priznat posted:

Has anyone tried Tuxmats? I see them on those straightpipes YouTube guys as they advertise on there, they have a Canada storefront too which is handy.

I had them in our '22 Jeep Grand Cherokee before we got rid of it. They were very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I can only imagine what the wait time is to get a whole new front piece from Turin. I'm sure its months.