Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

MooselanderII posted:

Have you guys heard of the Capo toys Street Fighter kick starter? Here is the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1486458683/street-fighter-action-figures-capo-toys-first-seri

The sculpts seem pretty good, but the price is absurd and the terrible stretch goals combined with the half million dollar goal ensure that this will never be made. It is kind of absurd that a Street Fighter line would even need a kickstarter, but it seems that the license holder is a bit of an inept dumb rear end when it comes to business.

I want a nice Chun-Li to go with my vast collection of animu figures but $35 for... that doesn't really seem like a good idea (Not that this will make its funding anyway.)

I don't really like the face though (But that might be Capcom's fault for making the art so ugly), and something about the guy who's doing the kickstarter rubs me the wrong way.

Oh well, I can keep waiting for a good Chun-Li. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The joints, that thousand yard stare, the face is pretty bad.

I'm used to paying typically higher prices for my stuff since I buy figmas, Figuarts and the like, but I've never really bought NECA stuff and that's mostly because they've never really made stuff that looked very good to me.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

vkeios posted:

Your first toys should be SH Figuarts and Figmas so you're instantly spoiled and can never handle anything of a lesser quality again. This will also help your wallet because you won't be wasting money on bad things.

Of course if you buy figma and Figuarts you sort of limit yourself to mostly Anime and Japanese game licenses outside of the rare released based off a western property like Spider-Man or Indiana Jones.

They certainly are great though, I've got a whole bunch and they're for the most part all made really well.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Cheesus posted:

God dammit.

Any word on estimated pricing?

I imagine typical figuarts price range, $30-$40 unless there's some licensing tax plus whatever shipping from japan because I doubt these will come over stateside officially.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

That's the first halfway decent picture we've seen of the Ranma figuarts.

I guess somebody finally managed to sneak a good shot. I personally hope they make more than just Ranma(s) but hey I'll gladly buy Girl Ranma.

Figuarts has really become such a diverse line lately. They've gotten way better with faces too, Bandai's Star Wars figuarts look good considering the angle meanwhile GSC struggles with the Avengers.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Notably though they are typically a bit cheaper than the rest of the sites, shipping is a bit bad though because they use lots of paper so it sort of evens out.

So its a bit of a toss up between "Do you want this item for cheaper but with slightly more expensive shipping?" or "Do you want confidence that you can back out of your order if you decide you don't want the item/are short on money?"

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Turned out to be a moot point. Amiami had it set for japan only, and hobbylink didn't, so I opted for hobbylink.

Only downside is I have no idea what shipping is going to be.

You mean it said "For sale in Japan only"?

Yeah, unless the item is on the JP site but not the International one you can ignore that.

As for shipping, what did you select for it?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, on the amiami site it was under the notes, guessing it's the international site since it was in english.

I opted for "hit me up with the payment when it's due" option, and just selected EMS. I've had some stuff ship from overseas so I am ballparking about 30-50$ in my head but I'm hoping it's less.

Yeah that's what I meant, I've ordered poo poo with them with that "disclaimer" many times.

Anyway, yeah $30 for shipping alone? Not unless you're buying something massive.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Is JP Post normally super slow? I ordered the web exclusive Figure Arts First Order Stormtrooper w/ with riot gear and the tracking shows it's been sitting for close to 3 weeks now.

What shipping did you purchase?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

Huh. Okay, well, awesome then.

How much do these sets usually run for?

Expensive.

For starters, Voltron is $299 on BBTS, expect similar.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

purple death ray posted:

The big one is the bow & arrows. He's got a bomb and hookshot already. The DX Twilight Princess link is getting a bow, though. I'm still on the fence about that because I didn't like the game very much and I've got three loving Links at this point. But maaaaan that figure looks nice, and the accessories on the DX version are extraordinarily cool. I'm definitely getting TwiPri Zelda and for the love of God I hope they dip into Ganondorf.

A titan's mitt would be pretty sweet. Little compass and map. A boomerang would be really easy to do.

All the links are unique enough that I can justify getting all three, new molds every time.

I dunno, figma's better about not reusing molds/pieces from previous figures than SH Figuarts.

Plus it'd be weird to have Skyward Sword/ALBW Link alongside TP Zelda. I'd want them to be alongside their respective Zelda's but I doubt we'll get them ever. :(

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 2, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

What's the best place to keep an eye out for Figma preorders? They announced a Fire Emblem one back in the summer that's not up anywhere yet, so I want to keep track for when it does go up.

They like to post that stuff on Social Media. You're talking about Female!Corrin, I presume? She hasn't even had a prototype showcased, going by previous Nintendo figmas it could be a few years before she's ready, but its quite possible we'll see a prototype next year during Wonfes in February.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

purple death ray posted:

How is there not a Marth figma yet.

Because we got a nendo instead.

In all seriousness though, I feel we only get both a nendo and a figma of a character if they're announced at the same time. Or it ends up that the Nendo covers one version of a character (MGS1 Snake) and the figma gets a different version (MGS2 Snake).

Apparently bugging them on Twitter and Facebook for your figure requests is actually something they'll listen to but only if lots of people ask for it.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 10, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm just glad we're finally getting classic style Chun-Li that doesn't look like trash.

I don't even know who else I'd even want, maybe Morrigan but that's Darkstalkers. Never really liked much of the Street Fighter cast other than Chunners.

Dragonball's doing pretty good and now that more figures are coming out as "Standard" releases its becoming easier and easier. I just want Bulma, Videl and Kid Goku now to be honest, maybe Tenshinhan but other than them and Krillin (Who i'm waiting on a Premium Color since the original version's jumped in price so much) I'm satisfied with my collection.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I imagine the sailor moon stuff doesn't have any of its accessories?

I have no loving clue why Jupiter is out of production and hasn't been reissued like literally all the others. I'd totally buy a second one if I could.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Man, Jessica Jones' body looks good but that face is awful. I wish i could swap the head with a figuarts or something.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Holy poo poo that price. :eyepop: why would you pay that much for such a thing? Like i legit don't know what the audience is for gross old men figures.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Then why'd they take a picture of him next to a woman?

It comes with that.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Shame Bandai is cutting so many drat corners on the Sailor Moon line.

Like gently caress, take forever to release Super versions of the Senshi (Mars ONLY just got announced after all), then make them all very very minor remolds with the same old faceplates despite the artwork for those versions depicting them with different eyes and more mature faces (and they did the different face style with the Super Sailor Moon figure, so no excuses) and them having already prototyped Super Mercury with the updated faces before reverting them for the final product.

I get that it's not their most popular line but holy cow I figure we'd at least get some more out of it instead of the slow painful trickle of minor resculpts that not even the DBZ line was subject to save for the multiple reuses of that ancient Goku body.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Still prefer DHL, i don't have to deal with the post office requiring signatures and being lazy with delivery with them.

purple death ray posted:

Yeah they're milking it pretty hard, finally putting some nice accessories with the Super versions. I'm not biting. I'm not replacing my entire squad at fifty bucks a pop just because yall made a nice Flame Sniper effect piece. All they had to do was make the Starlights or some villains and I'd be on the hook.
I'm grabbing them but that's just because I'm a huge slut for Sailor moon goodies. I'd buy Jupiter even if I wasn't getting the rest of them regardless.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

My post office has always been less than a mile away but its more inconvenient since they're usually closed when I'm available to run down there.

Plus I typically get things mailed to a pseudonym or preferred name so if they ID me I'm boned.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Well yeah, I typically put myself in as an agent picking it up for myself. Its just nicer to not deal with post office workers being lazy and not driving up the driveway.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Is there some weird :tinfoil: logic to this?

I have a doorman so I should probably start using EMS.

Nope, I just dont want to use my dead name on my mail.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nendo Meta Knight is loving adorably badass :3:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Probably not FF15 Cindy though.

Or Quiet.
Or any female, really.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

purple death ray posted:

In other news why is Figma Ulala so loving expensive

Right, and the orange one (which is the superior color because its the original) is a gsc exclusive which means it's only going to get more expensive as time goes on.

For one face and the absolutely banal accessory count it should be considerably cheaper, but figma is now needing to be priced like play arts Kai I guess

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

When in doubt, blame Sega.

The only other stuff around that price point I can see offhand is Deadpool and that's just an expensive license.

The only other things I can think of that have gotten that obscene are Gilgamesh and Iowa but they both have an obscene amount of accessories.

Apparently all of the Berserk God Hand are ludicrously expensive as well, and Prime 3 Samus is about the same.

Atlas and P-Body can be attributed to Valve License being expensive like the Marvel and Star Wars ones.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The sad thing is you're absolutely right.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Just got a WoN Metroid (the big 6in one) on a chance ToysRUs run. $15 seems like a drat steal considering how sought after these seemed to be.

Holy poo poo this thing is easily the best figure in the entire line. Its a perfect representation of a Metroid, I didn't realize the dome was soft!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

Preorders go up on the 13th, and preordering from two specific (Japanese sites) gets you a bonus Pikachu figure to go along with the three Kanto starters. If this does well, I hope they make the grown up version too.

I really hope we get the other trainers (Leaf, Gold, Hilda, etc.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The figma deluxe Twilight Princess Link has possibly too many accessories. They even included a second stand so you can connect the extended hookshot to it.

I found it at Gamestop of all places.

Yeah Gamestop has been selling Zelda figma and Nendoroids for a while now.

I didnt realize they put out TP Link DX though, did they have Zelda as well? How much did they cost there? I think mine were about $50-$60 before shipping.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Honestly if we're getting Magneto hot on the trail of Wolverine I'd personally like to see Rogue or Cyclops next. Black Widow would benefit from having revoltech articulation but she's just kind of bland.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Fuzz posted:

gently caress that poo poo, GIVE ME NIGHTCRAWLER. With an articulated tail that is boss as hell.

Oh gently caress that would be badass. He'd need some magnet pieces like Spidey and Gwen have too.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

What the hell is that karate man torso?

And that's beyond a dick move holy poo poo. I thought some dumbass cutting out just the weapons from a power rangers MMPR/Movie 2-pack and leaving them on the shelf was awful.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Suicide Squad Harley is still an absolutely ugly design. What I would really like to see is a nice high quality figure based off her DCAU design.

Or gently caress, get creative and take the design from the Lego Version and translate that into a Teen Titans-esque design (The TV version obviously). That'd be the best Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

That beard and dour face give off a more Wilford Brimley vibe than they should.

The fact that he has what looks like a sweater on doesnt help either.