Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rustie posted:

drat, their sculpting just bets better and better, that is an amazing looking figure.

Also, anyone else picking up these Marvel Grab-Zags? They're mystery bagged prizes, but it's pretty easy to at least feel out which ones are figures. The figures are pretty cool, like something usually sold in Japanese vending machines. If anyone else is picking these up I'm up for trading. They have a general Marvel version out now and Avengers hitting the shelves.

Found some today at my Toys r us, grabbed 5, got 2 green goblins, 2 cyclops, and a normal spiderman. Not bad I only wanted spidey and goblin:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Black Widow is popping up on eBay (at insane scalper prices, of course) and youtube reviews of the figure have indicated that apparently her wave of figures has started to hit retail.

Is that the one with grapple blast?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

That's the one!

I was able to find one this morning, if your interested?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I'm certainly interested, thanks! :) What store did you find it at, so I can keep my eyes open for the next day or so?

Also is the one you found okay in the paint-apps department? I don't mean to be all anal-retentive, but I hate sloppy paint stuff. I'm talking major stuff, like crossed eyes and poo poo like that.

I found it at a back woods Walmart, One of her eyes is on her chin, is that ok? :haw:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Jace Madan posted:

Has anyone had any luck finding the 6" Avengers wal-mart exclusive figures? I have three by me and every single one of them have empty shelves. I really want the Hulk, but it seems like I will never find one.

There is a Walmart by me that has them, I can check tomorrow to see if the Hulk is there if you want.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Nilryna posted:

I love how we're all constantly hating on Mattel. S'kinda funny to a degree.

In other Mattel hate, I picked up 2 of the new Ninja Turtle figures. They are awesome, imo. This may not seem like Mattel hate, but the fact I got TWO fully articulated figures with a buttload of accessories (more than was necessary, really) for UNDER $20 made me REALLY question Mattel's business practices. :confused:

I saw them today and was on the fence, I think I'm going to go back and get Don and Mike. Weren't they coming out with retro ones too? Would love a retro Casey j
Jones and Krang :)

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

ServoMST3K posted:

Hey again folks, I'm keeping up with the e-mails and requests. I'll ship the stuff out sometime this week. I'll probably stop the giveaway around Wednesday or so, I'll post another update around then. Thanks for the interest everyone!

I'd be interested in some of the turtles if they are still available, mainly rocksteady, bebop, and maybe the surfer mike

Hit me up at doktorchud@gmail.com thanks

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Has anyone seem the Marvel Universe wave that has Kraven in it yet? Wondering if I'm just having bad luck finding him

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

After my latest trip to TRU, I found my second favorite Christmas Decoration. I love this time of the year, its the only time I don't get the weird look/judging from cashiers when buying action figures for myself.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Ninjajebus posted:

I couldn't find any info on new 2-packs on the news sites. Please post links! I'm also excited for more Muggs, and the 3 new MU packs.

Has anyone seen Wave 3 running changes in the wild yet, while I'm at it?

More mighty muggs?!? Sweet, any word on what ones are going to be coming?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Red posted:

:( I know it's not going to happen, but I wish they'd release the GI Joe and Indiana Jones Muggs they shelved. They had some real winners coming before they axed both lines.

Serpentor and Shipwreck looked awesome:( I wanted them soooooo bad.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I'm so going to get the sand trooper and hope for a Boba Fett in wave 2.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

What they told me at Toy Fair when I asked that same question is they are testing the waters with Bebop and Rocksteady being super-articulated figures. If it does well they will look into more.

Did they say if they would be available in other stores? Or are they just TRU like the 4 classic turtles were?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

ShimSham posted:

I can only hope that this will have huge demand and will cause Toynami to renew production of their 5-6" Futurama line that they've basically cancelled at this point. I don't think demand will affect any decisions at all though. They've reportedly had these box sets pretty much ready for a long time but haven't released them. So it's not like they just recently produced this.

Oh man I wish they would do another line. I loved the first ones, I had to wait almost a year for the full series with the BAF Robot Santa but was it worth it. I am very sad I was never able to get a Zapp Brannigan for the Nixon head. It would rock it there was a Nixon/Agnew box set.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Anybody have the means to hook me up with the new Legends Jim Lee Jean Grey? The one on eBay I tried to bid on went for $63 and I have a feeling they're gonna be impossible to find. :(

I've been looking at all the stores I go in, since the last time you said you were looking for one. Just by chance if one pops up, nothing but Kangs and Constrictors:(

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

So my buddy found the Ray Stantz and Egon Spengler 12" Ghostbusters 2 pack from MattyCollector at Big Lots tonight, I went and checked my local one and found the same 2 Pack, and a bunch of MOTUC figures like Megator, Orko, and the Skeletor vs. Molarr pack. GB 2 Pack was $30, and each of the MOTUC figures were $10 each. Just thought I'd pass this along cause I couldn't believe it. No sign of the Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore pack at either Big Lots.

Thanks for the tip, snag a Orko w/Prince Adam and Man-E-Faces at my Big Lots. They had quite a few different MOTU, but no Ghostbusters sadly. My plans for tomorrow is to drive to ever Big Lots I can find

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Went and checked my Big Lots again today, found a whole mess of MOTUC figures, Chief Carnivus, Catra, Sy-Klone, The Faceless One, Icarius, Adora, and Clawful. So they're still coming, keep checking your Big Lots.

From what I read off a He-man board, this is the list of confirmed ones people have seen.

Adora
Battleground Teela
Chief Carnivus
Catra
Clawful
Count Marzo
Faceless One
Icarius
King Grayskull
Leech
Man-E-Faces
Megator
Mo-Larr/Skeletor
Moss Man
Orko with Prince Adam - both standard and color changing versions, color changing being rarer
Snout Spout
Sy-Klone
Thunder Punch He-Man

Roboto is rumored to be floating around also. I hope it's true, I'm looking for him and Snout Spout since they were two of favorite figures as a kid. Also hoping that maybe Trapjaw or Mer-man will pop up.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

I don't think anyone from Playmates confirmed or hinted at anything past the movie turtles. From my meetings with them they seem really cautious about the whole "Classics" line.

I would buy the poo poo out of a Classics Slash, Krang(walker or android), and Casey Jones. I'm so hoping to find Rocksteady and Bepop.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is anyone seeing a "normal" (Ghostbusters 1-style, non-gimmicky) Peter Venkman figure?

All I've seen at my Big Lots is a Vigo and Lab coat Ray

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Is anyone still looking for the ML Jean Grey, my walmarts had one and the rest of that wave. I can see if they are still there

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Would you mind swinging back by and checking for it? I'd take it if its under $20

No prob, I'll swing by after work tomorrow and see if it's there.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Would you mind swinging back by and checking for it? I'd take it if its under $20

Good news! It was still there. I don't have PM's so if you wanna throw me a email we can work out the rest. Doktorchud@gmaildotcom

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Will Target raise or lower prices depending on the area? My local Target has the ASM figures for 14.88, my sister picked up one for me by her job and she was charged 19.99. If it was Carnage I wouldn't mind but drat a 25% difference is nuts.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

And the page is back down again, what the gently caress are they thinking, this will never sell at that price.

Also DrChud I got my Jean Grey today, thank you sir!

Glad to hear it made it:)

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

I ran into the Spider-Man legends figures for the first time last night. It took all of my willpower to resist picking up ASM2, Superior and Carnage. That Carnage figure is really nice, but I was a little upset that he didn't include an axe-hand (if he had, I would've snagged him). One thing I didn't realize was that there is a Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman in that wave. I haven't seen much talk about her--how rare is she, and is the figure any good?

Any chance on grabbing that carnage if it's still there?

Red posted:

Finally, action figures I can inject directly into my bloodstream.

Well I found these at Target last night. Micro Muggs single boxed. They were 2.99 each. The box was on the slanted shelf under the new spiderman display.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Man, I didn't know how much I needed another tiny MODOK until right now. Are they blind boxes?

At least when I get tired of these they won't take up near as much storage space as the Mighty Muggs did.

Yeah they are blind box, just like those Iron Man micro Muggs were when the movie came out.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna toss it out there that I really want that Baron Zemo when they do the refresh. So when anyone sees that I will pay price + shipping and I'll give you a big sloppy kiss.

I found a baron Zemo today, if you still need it.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

MooselanderII posted:

I picked up an extra Carnage. Would anyone be willing to trade it for an AIM Soldier, Spider Girl, or Toxin?

I have a aim soldier I'd trade for it. Hit me up at doktorchud at Gmail.com

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just saw a Winter Soldier legends figure at Target, looks like the next wave is getting out there.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure how many are in a case but they had one WS and 5 movie caps I think, no Widow though

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just came from Target. They were doing stocking the toys. There were 2 pallets they didn't get to that had the Ninja Turtle movie toys on them. Incase anyone is looking for stuff keep a eye open.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

His glass eye is wandering off.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Crappy pic sorry, poor Splinters got balls on his head:(

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

With SDCC coming up, I'm curious for those of you that don't go, prefer to pay people to mule items for you or to try to just buy them on like eBay or the companies website. I'm looking to get 2 items and wondering what kind of markup I'm looking at.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

What are you looking to get? Then we can tell you where to go or how to get it.

Looking to get the Kidrobot 7 in. Rocksteady and Bebop SDCC exclusives. From what I've seen KR isn't going to have their own booth, others are going to sell for them.

So I would assume it would be the Nickelodeon and Viacom booths?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

This Marvel Select Cable, holy poo poo:

Sometimes I wonder if I should have just collected Marvel Select. Wish they were the same scale.

Hello Carnage with claw hands. I'm excited for Cable also, but I do love me spiderman foes. Maybe a Hobgoblin or Scorpion is in the mix. Has there been a list released of upcoming?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

The joint is broken.

Duct tape it.

Or pretend it was lost in battle. Have one of the predator figures raise it over its head like a trophy.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Stopped by a new local shop toy/collectable shop. Kinda small mix of new and old. A lot of stuff you'd find clearanced out a like Target or walmart. After awhile of looking and the clerk asking me if I needed help like 10 times, I felt really awkward and figured I should get somethIng, so I saw a minimates ghostbusters set I didn't have behind the counter. It was reasonably priced, looked at it quick due to small talk with the cashier. I didn't get a receipt, wtf I need that for. I get it home, take it out of the bag and well here ya go.

I'm a moron, and feel too stupid to take it back:(

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

The Baton Rouge TRU has GotG figures in 3 different places in the store, all Star Lords and Iron Men. I think I'm not going to find a Rocket this trip at all. :(

I found a rocket. Can it be shipped to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Went to TRU tonight to look for the Glow in the Dark Mr. Burns, which they didn't have the series 3 figures yet, but I noticed the retro turtles. I know someone said they were out again so re-release. This time they had the foot soldier and Krang in his lil walker. Picked up Krang, he is sweet. Hoping they re-release the foot tall Krang android now.