Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

If anyone wants to get their groove back for TIE Fighter, feel free to watch this pro :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so how many Lucasarts games are getting released? Am I getting my hopes up too much for thinking we might get Dark Forces or Outlaws out of this?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Dark forces has been out on Steam for ages.

Look at that, whole Jedi Knight collection. I still want Outlaws dammit :argh:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, and some ships are basically just flying shrapnel/suicide bombs. Looking at you, B-wings.

B-Wings? Pretty much any -Wing craft will get you if you're in knife-fighting distance. A-Wings are probably the safest in that regard since they just have the fuselage, Y-Wings will send one of their engines at you, X-Wings will send their wings at you and then there's the B-Wing

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I would love Outlaws so that we get a resurgence in multiplayer, also I can't install it on Windows 7 because the installer is so out of date :negative:

If they do finally release Full Throttle I hope they can finally restore the iMuse because playing it through SCUMMVM means quite a few of the triggers in cutscenes either do not happen or are delayed so long that they lose their punch.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Just want Full Throttle and, like, Afterlife. if GOG gives me those then I will never complain about not having the games I want ever again.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

awwwww gently caress yes Outlaws, now I don't have to worry about trying to install it on my Windows 7 and 8 computers (has that problem of "new system cannot understand this old as gently caress installer")

Do you think there will be a resurgence in the multiplayer as well? I got into multiplayer looooooong after Outlaws was a big deal. Also can anyone confirm or deny if the soundtrack is included or if I have to still have the CDs in the drive?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I saw someone get stuck in the derby portion, or at least temporarily stuck. Because of how lovely the controls are they had gotten the stalled car stuck riiiiight in the corner by the ramp and it wouldn't move, so they had to wait for the car to start up again and do it all over again.

As I have said before I just want a version of the game where the iMuse works correctly, the music either cuts out in key points in ScummVM or it speeds up and ends up de-syncing. Not a huge deal but much like the iMuse in TIE-Fighter it is one of the things that really adds to the game experience.

And dammit we really need Afterlife

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

New Star Wars releases, Rebel Assualt I and II, the remainder of the JK/Dark Forces games, and updates/release of the Collector's CD editions of Tie Fighter and X-Wing. :woop:

http://www.gog.com/news/star_wars_day_on_gogcom

holy poo poo this is the best news :circlefap:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

At some point in the past I had played Rebel Assault 1 and 2 enough to beat every mission with only a few scratches, on the SegaCD and Playstation using a controller. I can't remember if the Beggar's Canyon mission was in the first or the second but that was the one mission I couldn't beat regularly. I played those things far too much.

Beggar's Canyon (if we're talking about flying in the T-16) was the FIRST level in Rebel Assault, then if you passed it and the weird shooting portion, THEN you moved to asteroid field cockpit A-Wing and then navigating the horrific crystal field and still in an A-Wing :negative:

Rebel Assault 1 was loving BRUTAL to start, once you got to the 4th mission where you're in an X-Wing and blowing up a VSD you were pretty much set for the rest of the game, it is loving cake after those 3 missions of 9th circle of hell flying.

And then they made you go through that again in Rebel Assault 2 with the 3rd mission being "carefully fly this Corellian Freighter through narrow passageways that include tight rear end turns"

I don't know why I played those games as much as I did growing up, probably because it still required less thinking and planning than TIE-Fighter (that and TIE-Fighter would only load 1/5 times :()

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Same. have another Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition - QUQB-J425-LTDD-CNNL

I'll take it, thanks man :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

any one think Neverwinter Nights will go on sale sometime?

I snagged a few other goodies earlier in the week but at this point those are the ones I really want. Does GOG usually put everything in their catalogue on sale at some point or are there some things that just never go on sale?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

dud root posted:

NEVERWINTER NIGHTS: DIAMOND EDITION: 2B66074ab3a0f1N

drat me and my impulses :v:

I had just bought the series on the weekend since it was 25% down if you bought the two together

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Starhawk64 posted:

Yeah but you don't get to own Quake Live and the GOG version of Quake 3 is drm free. Do people still play Quake 3?

well that probably means it will be easier to mod, finally get Generations to work correctly :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so does this mean we aren't getting any more Lucasarts games?

Are we never going to get a re-release of Full Throttle :smith:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

aw man, I guess I'm going to have to get used to paying $2 or $3 for a game in one sale and then finding out it is for free in another sale :smith:

But then I guess that is why there are always people here with codes to give away

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Out of curiosity what is Banished? Is it kind of like Age of Empires or is it more like Don't Starve but with a whole community instead of one person?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I wondered if they were going to release another groip of Lucasarts games when the new Star wars movie comes out, but there hasn't been a peep.

what do they have left for Star Wars games though? Haven't they released everything from the 90s at this point?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I was about to say what the heck everyone's deal was with Rainbow Road, then I remembered that it had no barriers originally. Then I also remembered from a recent replay of MK64 and having to restart that level like 8 times because gently caress rubberbanding :argh:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

there were Warhammer games before the DoW ones? whoa I didn't know that

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

The Internet Archive just uploaded hundreds of Windows 3.1 applications/games to their web site. You can play Jezzball for free!

awwww gently caress yes I can play Warlords 2 again :getin:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

maybe the same reason we don't have Full Throttle. Actually for some reason I keep thinking that we don't have Full Throttle yet because they're fixing stuff, every time I have played it through an emulator a lot of the music cues don't work. Sad really because Full Throttle is one of those games that just isn't the same without its soundtrack

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

hey that's even better :unsmith:

Although outside of just making it able to run on modern systems I don't see what really needs "remastering" with Full Throttle. I always felt that it had the best control scheme of all the SCUMM games

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I missed the Sim Golf thing but god drat I want Streets of Sim City available, I miss that broken mess of a game :(

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Hellbender had a bitchin' soundtrack and your ship AI was Gillian Anderson. I played the poo poo out of that shareware too as a small child
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNwWU0APPo

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Veib posted:

What the hell kind of a job do you have if Papers, Please of all things is relaxing

I have said this many times to my friends but I find games like Papers, Please to be really cathartic. Probably because I am actually really good at poo poo like "no one from this country allowed in today" or "yo your picture is different, detention"

edit: oh dude you have Stronghold in your list but no Lords of the Realm? You gotta have Lords of the Realm 2 at least

Aces High fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 23, 2017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So has anyone checked out Full Throttle remastered yet? I'm in the middle of moving so I haven't had a chance to play it yet

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

for most of my life I didn't realise there was an X-Wing that came before TIE Fighter (I knew and played a little X-Wing vs TIE Fighter) and it wasn't until youtube came along that I discovered it after watching some TIE Fighter videos to sort of scratch an itch since about that time my brother lost the Collector's CD we had had for about 12 years. Even watching those videos I could see that X-Wing is not great for an introduction, the QoL updates in TIE Fighter are just that much better.

Never did do anything with Alliance since I was too caught up with the Rogue games by that point but now that I own all of them thanks to GOG it will be fun to blitz through them

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anything older than Mechwarrior 3 is never ever seeing the light of day again and nothing can change that. Not unless Harmony Gold just suddenly burns to the ground along with everyone inside it.

they are currently in court right now with HBS over use of The Unseen in the new Battletech game. However the scuttlebutt seems to be that HG is gonna get bitchslapped because they are claiming that the Atlas is a variant or some bullshit.

Isn't it true that HG would've been dealt with years ago if FASA hadn't settled out of court and set a precedent for how HG would go about suing from there on?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So wait, was the PC port of Podracer bad compared to the N64 version or something? Or is it that this will be like when Rogue Squadron came out and remapping buttons was such a huge pain in the rear end?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I'm torn, should I get Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Am I understanding correctly that XCom doesn't have multiplayer on GoG?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome, no I can relive my pre-teen years of happily blowing limbs off of people. I also have a fond memory of playing the later levels set in Iraq just as the US was starting their 2003 invasion, here in Canada our main broadcaster actually had a countdown going

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

today I learned I already had Fantasy General from a previous sale thing, so someone can use this code :)

PTMEF9FDE1C6C8F2CP

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I'm eyeing the Divinity games on sale, what're those games like? I read they are like Diablo?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well for $2 for both together that sounds like solid value

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Sweet!! Now if they could get Hellfire as well (I don't care that it wasn't an amazing expansion, that game was fun) then we will be set.

I kinda wish I could show proof of my copies currently in my possession so I don't have to pay again

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I think the only thing I really want from a Diablo mod is one that allows you to do LAN playing and you can still do the single player quests, as opposed to only having King Leoric to contend with until Lazarus and Diablo. That or one that enables the Hell and Nightmare difficulties to actually encourage either new game+ or just more challenging new games.

I say this because I have a few friends interested in the game but they're more inclined to try it out first with someone who is very familiar with it, and it's kind of hard to show off what makes the game so memorable (The Butcher, for example) when that content isn't available through online play

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Same reason why we'll never see the old Terminator or Dune or whatever games.

wait, really? is that why we can't get Dune 2 except through abandonia or wherever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't have enough experience (nor nostalgia) in regards to Warcraft 1 or 2 to say anything, but i'm going to tender the unpopular opinion that I don't really care that much for Warcraft 3. I've always struggled with RTSs, but there are quite a few that I think well of despite my lack of ability; WC3 isn't one of them. While the campaigns are good, I find that some of the mechanics, especially creeping and upkeep, are obnoxious and don't make much sense. This wouldn't normally bother me as I have no desire to play competitively or the like, but Blizzard has always been stuck up its own arse and doesn't allow options to disable things such as upkeep.

While WC3 is an oddball for RTS due to the upkeep system, that's not a thing that exists in WC1 or WC2. However WC1 suffers from being an early RTS so control groups are only 4 units, and buildings can only be built next to roads. Yes you have to build roads, but that's alright, it's early RTS.

I feel that WC2 is better because it shows the framework of Blizzard RTSs to come, but also has the naval concept that gets discarded later. Only annoyance I can think of for WC2 coming from later RTS entries is that control groups are only 9 units.