Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Orgophlax posted:

I do hope they bridge the gap between classic and X with this one though. Or at least start to.

There's a short appearance of an under-construction Zero in the arcade game
Megaman: The Power Fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

fivegears4reverse posted:

Since this thread is about general Mega Man discussion, I thought I should direct you all to these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kVfvg5eOi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeblEjcv_Ks&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bptz3bXDaM0&feature=related

This dude is pretty much the best Mega Man X player I've seen. He essentially goes into the games and dissects them to the point where he's able to beat them without taking damage and following some pretty strict requirements. Those are his X4 videos, but he's got stuff for pretty much all the X series except 7 and 8, and videos for the Zero series as well. Pretty cool stuff.

That's our very own Violen. He is amazing.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gammatron 64 posted:

They did fight in X5, but it was hardly epic. It would have been okay if X5 was the last game, or even if they kept doing them and left out Zero, but nope, he's back in X6 with no explanation.

X5 was supposed to be the last X game, but they made X6 behind the creators back.

From The MMKB

quote:

It should be noted that series creator Keiji Inafune originally intended for this to be the last title in the Mega Man X series, with Zero dying and resurrecting later in the Mega Man Zero series, but Capcom later decided to green-light Mega Man X6 against his wishes, changing his plans.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Schwarzwald posted:

There's no part in X1 where you need the dash in order to progress, even in the Sigma stages. The same is true for X2.

Also X3, but you need to be very clever.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Link? I googled this, went onto Capcom Unity and everything and didn't see a shread of new Darkstalkers anything.

And Capcom isn't forgiven, because even if there is a new Darkstalkers announced, there's no guarentee it will ever exist. Who's to say Capcom might magically pull the plug on that one? From here on out I take every new announcement of a Capcom game with a grain of salt. You may never get to play it, no matter how much work has been put into it!

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/21/darkstalkers-are-not-dead-new-game-announced/

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Agnostic watermelon posted:

Megaman Legends 3 canceled :(

We know friend, we know. :smith:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

When's that fan game going to get hit with a C&D, anyway? :ohdear:

If Capcom is anything like Sega, they'll wait a week after it's released.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Shindragon posted:

OH what the hell. That looks like crap. It almost looks like a proto version of the 2xsai filter.

Touch controls to boot. I"m already thinking of one thing that will be hell to get. Luckily the game lets you get it anyway no matter how much you try to avoid it.

Heh, now that I think about it, it's nearly impossible to do a naked run with MMX isn't it?

Closest thing to that is using a password to skip to Sigmas fortress without the boots. Not sure if there's anything you can do about the buster upgrade though.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
I poo poo you not this is the very first thing that came to mind upon watching that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDZ3hzwfAic

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Chibs posted:

enough of this fakeass fangame stuff, let's talk about the REAL poo poo YEAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgKFdtk4_0

it looks even better in motion guys!

I flagged the video for "Suicide and Self Injury".

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Haruharuharuko posted:

O great Capcom is cock teasing us with more Megaman info. My expectations are loving zero so at least I can't be disappointed.

:rimshot:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I mean honestly, Capcom has completely pissed all over every popular franchise they have. Like, the only great Capcom game series that hasn't been anally raped lately is Darkstalkers, and that's because they haven't made a new one in a decade and a half. It's probably best to keep it that way.

Give them time.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Why is it that I can only get to the options when I'm already in the game?!

EDIT: Framerate is shot to hell, anyone else having this problem?

Lord Chumley fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 17, 2012

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

deepshock posted:

Personally, I just don't think this game is finished.

Well at least it lives up to the "Street Fighter X ______" legacy.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

This isn't even true.

I wish ALL of SfxT wasn't true. :smith:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Electromax posted:

They are could go wild with it and make a juggle/combo mode so you could use Air Tornado to hit them out of the air, then Laser Trident to nail them to the wall, then Crash Bomb finisher. Rapid switching in MM10 made that so much more fun. Custom reactions to some of the arsenal, or invulnerability to some of them, could make a load out selection pretty interesting. But yeah, six pages of weapons sounds dumb now.

Devil May Cry with Megaman weapons.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

jivjov posted:

I'm getting ridiculous slowdown when trying to play SFxMM, even on the smallest windowed setting. Anyone else having that issue?

I get bad framerate with one of my game pads, and if I use my TE stick the game doesn't know what to do with it and Megaman moves to the left all the time. This is both version 1 and 2.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Except Gravity Beetle.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Enough with the remakes, please. :(

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

AHungryRobot posted:

Where are you getting this information?

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/09/10/capcom-152-mil-bank/

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Now, don't get me wrong, Capcom really hosed up when they announced a bunch of games and cancelled them in rapid succession. People have wanted Legends 3 badly for years, and wagging it in our faces as suddenly taking it away was a big slap in the face, whether Capcom intended it or not. I think it could be the fans' fault too.

It totally was.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Blackheart posted:

Don't kill me for saying this but after seeing Kid Icarus I think Sakurai could make fun, content-filled Megaman and Metroid games.

if Sakurai ever makes this game I SWEAR TO GOD....:argh:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Pollyanna posted:

Which is that? It's been a while since I played.

Play the game for yourself and give us a report. MMX has the best tutorial stage ever made.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Zaphod42 posted:

Obligatory "why is MMX so great?": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

Intro stage to MMX? loving. GENIUS.

If you've never played it before though don't watch that just go play it first. MMX is the shiiiiiiiiiiit.

The best part is there are many more things about the Intro Stage that the video doesn't cover, such as the very first pit in the game is VERY difficult to fall into without grabbing the edge.

Spoiled because I want to see new players reactions.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dabir posted:

So yeah I think a lot of MMX3's music would have worked really well on the Genesis. SNES, not so much, and some of it really is just outright horrible. And sorry, but I don't think Tunnel Rhino is good at all.

it doesn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YAZrFw2E8s

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Shindragon posted:

Also Protoman was one snobby rear end prick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI8RPO87vSc

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Star Man posted:

But is Magma Dragoon in a ride armor too? NOPE.

Magma Dragoon is Akuma, he doesn't need some pussy-rear end ride armor.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Azubah posted:

Wasn't it a sequel or prequel or something like that to the one that was on Sega?

Prequel. One of the playable characteristics is the villian from the Genesis game.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Captain Invictus posted:

I wish they'd pull a Valve and buy it when it's basically finished. Buy it from him for like half a million dollars + maybe a cut of each sale, throw it up on absolutely everything for fifteen bucks, have a new Megaman 9 on their hands. An updated X1-3 styled Megaman game with way way more depth, a gigantic world to explore, far more indepth weapon mechanics, and like a ton of other poo poo? It looks to be extremely polished on the gameplay front, especially if that recent video's any indication, which is an issue that Capcom games have had for a while now!

Capcom will just c&d it the day it comes out like Sega did with Streets of Rage Remake.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dabir posted:

how do you include a secret way to unlock Black Zero and then make it literally loving impossible

Explanation on why.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Acne Rain posted:

The phrasing of that statement implies he knows exactly what combination of mechanics led to the black armor being both in the game but impossible to obtain.

By "why" he meant how the gently caress did they not catch that before shipping

No poo poo. I linked that for everyone else.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Simply Simon posted:

I also had a Looney Toons game for SNES which was actually pretty good, and ran on a password system, which I also thought baffling because the SNES CAN save after all, why would they not implement that? Then after finishing it on easy I tried the normal mode, and it didn't give me any passwords because the game equated passwords with easiness, apparently. But only on Normal and above did you have bossfights and one entire extra stage (of 6). To this date, this is one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen and I would have played the game countless times more if not for that insanity. That was 1995 and onwards. Talking about the serious necessity of extra lives 20 years later is absurd to me.

That game is from 92 actually.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dabir posted:

So it seems like you charge slower in X1 than in the other two.

As someone who wants to make a game that borrows from X1, I am glad this page exists.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Captain Invictus posted:

Overdrive Ostrich, Magna Centipede, Wheel Gator, and Flame Stag had good designs, the other four were pretty poo poo though, with Wire Sponge being one of the worst designs in the entire franchise
mods?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

JustJeff88 posted:

It physically pains me to type or even think this, but I'm with Screaming Idiot in that I think that this looks absolutely grand, but I am afraid that they will abandon the project.

It's not being abandoned, they post consistent updates.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Hexmage-SA posted:

If they ever make a new X game I hope they use and expand upon the character switching mechanic. I wouldn't mind seeing tag assists like in Marvel vs Capcom.

Good news, competitive Marvel 3 IS a Megaman X game!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Blackheart posted:

The big 3 flaws for me (and many others, it seems) are the music (although it feels more like the instruments or whatever), the excess of boss patterns that just dash wall to wall, and above all else, the loving horrible X-Buster upgrade I hate that drat thing.

Should have been a Genesis game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnAh_x79Vok

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Phantasium posted:

When I "played" it the only thing that would load up was a single background layer and some text, no sprites or enemies.

good to see the 32X is still getting games

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

rj54x posted:

It always seemed like most levels just assumed you had it already,

No, the levels are designed so that you don't have to use it, but you can if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dabir posted:

The vast majority of upgrades, including the rest of the armour, also need the dash.

You need the dash for all of them.

Dash to get the helmet and armor, helmet for the buster.

Edit: You just said exactly that!