Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

fr0id posted:

What happened that the incredible aki wrestling engine has stopped being used after the def jam games. Like it was absolutely perfect for wrestling

I believe AKI used it for the Def Jam games and possibly some Ultimate Muscle games that only came out in Japan and then they stopped making wrestling games. The AEW game is inspired by the AKI games and from what people who've gotten to play it have said it feels like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's astonishing that so many infamously horrible WCW moments all happened as part of one storyline in the span of like 6 weeks

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The Kevin Nash ball never comes out of the dispenser unless he's going over all the pins

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Chuckie

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also they tend to be weirdly lovely about women like the time they kept mocking Paige while she was at her low point in life and had called them out over it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I know the theoretical is what would Hogan do in WWF in 1998 but also what would WCW do without him? Does the NWO fizzle out way faster than it eventually did or do they panic and try to make someone else like Savage the leader?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

There really is something fascinating about the genuinely famous/successful serial liars, your Hogans and Trumps and I guess Vince/WWE as a Corporation. Like Ganso said, I almost understand someone like Tommy Tallarico looking at their actual range of accomplishments and needing to make up a bunch of poo poo to make them seem more successful than they are.

The print version of the interview ends with a great capper:

Either Hulk Hogan believes it to be the year 2010, or he is suggesting there was a match between Hogan and Flair in 2022 no one heard about.

Does Hogan think he's Jeff Jerret?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

has the hulkster been on cribs? i thhink not

He was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJiQ3CvOZ90

This is only a clip but he totally says the "yeah Andre totally died not long after I bodyslammed him" line

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

For reference Andre died in 1993 and the last time he ever shared a ring with Hogan was in 1990 so either Hogan has completely imagined a match in 1993 that never happened or he completely forgot the like, 25 other times he was in a match with Andre after Wrestlemania 3

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Hulk Hogan is a pathological liar, dude.

Like, I'm sure some of it is him being carny as gently caress but there's other stuff like claiming he could've played Bass for Metallica or being able to smell death on a child that just defies that explanation

Oh I know!

Another one I just remembered: That time he claimed he was gonna be one of the stars of the A-Team but he turned it down cause there was too much backstage drama with Mr T and the other cast members

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Hogan has that Steven Seagal thing where they both desperately want to be cool so they come up with all kinds of weird lies and one liners that are absolutely dreadful.

it's a shame they never teamed up the stories from that filming alone could be a thread.

Though Segal did do movies with Steve Austin and RVD and they were, surprising nobody, complete dogshit.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I'm surprised there wasn't a slightly dazed Brian Knobs wandering around.

Bubba the Love Sponge was in the closet filming a different show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

You're telling me Cornette has exactly 1 idea for what a wrestling manager should be and it's just a carbon copy of himself??? Unbelievable!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The only Vader I saw growing up was him being clowned on by Kane, including calling himself a piece of poo poo in a post match interview.

He deserved better than that.

Specifically called himself a BIG FAT PIECE OF poo poo and that was basically it for him in the US

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

That Piper's Family creation segment is probably the worst thing I've seen ever in wrestling that didn't involve someone's death.

This whole run with Piper is a wild trainwreck where he locked himself up in Alcatraz for some reason, refused to join the Four Horsemen, introduced his own team of randos ( and John Tenta) and then immediately replaced them them with the Four Horsemen, inserted himself and the Four Horsemen into the WCW vs NWO feud and basically cost WCW control of the company in the process, and then the Four Horsemen immediately turned on him.

Also in the midst of all that he beat Hogan like 4 or 5 times at the peak of the NWO and it never amounted to anything???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"Beach Justice" Kevin Nash

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

have you seen the Great Muta yet?

What's so great about him?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

That promo where Bikertaker rambles on about training up the formerly soft Big Show by dumping off him off in Death Valley, 120 degrees without food or fuel. It was so random and over the top I've never been able to forget it.

Don't forget the part where he says Big Show told him he'd kill Undertaker and wear his skin as a jacket and then eat that jacket to survive

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember that time X-Pac took a poo poo and hid it in Mark Henry's lunch? Or how Randy Orton would take advantage of wrestlers insane obsession with handhsakes by going around with his hand down his pants specifically so any time anyone shook his hand they'd have to touch the hand that was just on his dick?

Wrestlers are just loving weirdos.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

:lmao: jesus christ pro wrestling is so racist. At least it's gotten a lot better since then?*

*my brain conjured up muhammad hassan out of nowhere

Remember when WWE wanted Mustafa Ali to do a terrorist gimmick in the bygone age of 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's weird to me that a wrestling company on the level of WCW/WWE wouldn't just have a few duplicates of everyone's gear that'd get washed regularly and handed out at the show instead of relying on every single wrestler just carrying the one singlet that they have to sweat into every night 6 nights a week 52 weeks a year but I guess you don't get rich by doing things that are beneficial to your employees.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Back in my day wrestlers were on WAY more drugs than these modern day PUSSIES and that was a GOOD THING because REASONS

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I always thought it was weird how much of Hogan's presentation was about his giant arms, his 20 inch pythons or whatever, and then his ultimate kill move was jumping in the air and landing rear end-first on the opponent.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

VideoWitch posted:

I like the quote about Bischoff claiming that the new intro and sets and poo poo was gonna have them do a 7.0 (they did like a 4 which was the same as they had been doing for weeks)

poo poo like this is why I'm continually Baffled by people who think Bischoff knows how to save AEW or whatever the gently caress

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Is it a bad thing that I've been a wrestling fan for almost a decade now and I still can barely remember specifics when it comes to wrestling moves beyond the super basic stuff?

I've watched wrestling on and off since the Attitude Era and I still wouldn't remember most wrestling move names if it weren't for the video games

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Just watched an episode of Thunder where Jeff Jarrett tried to powerbomb Billy Kidman and people weren't kidding, you really can't powerbomb Billy Kidman.

Wasn't there an NWO beatdown segment where Kevin Nash tried to powerbomb Kidman, he gets out of it, and Nash just goes "...huh" and then one-shot kills him with a different move.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My favorite Robocop story is how apparently one day while filming, Weller just stopped and refused to continue doing the scene until someone brought him some Oreos???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If they're gonna include The Dog they have to include The Frog

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when Hogan used to swear up and down the George Foreman Grill was supposed to be named after him but he missed one phone call and the deal fell apart or whatever?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i believe they approached multiple celebrities to be the spokesperson for the grill so there may perhaps be a grain of truth to the hulksters stories but what likely happened is he said that doesn't work for me, brother and hung up the phone

He asked if you could heat up Pastamania in it and they said no and he said "No Deal, Brother Dude!"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Didn't Hogan also swear he was supposed to be a full time cast member on the A-Team but backstage politics got in the way somehow???

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

It also ties into his tale about having to flee Japan for a while because (according to him, of course) he knocked out Inoki for real in a match, and the Yakuza were going to kill him over it.

Didn't he claim he legitimately killed Inoki in the ring but he was revived by someone doing CPR on him somehow?

My other favorite quote from Hogan related to Japan: That time he claimed he wrestled 400 days in one year because he was flying to Japan and back so often.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Just remember the one where Hogan claimed in high school he was, for some reason, asked to wrestle the school's amateur wrestling teams "Champion of Champions" and Hulk easily squashed him despite having never wrestled before in his life, and then beat the wrestling coach right after.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Was this before or after he would, as a child, go to wrestling shows to watch Dusty Rhodes wrestle?

I guess it was on his days off when he wasn't scoring a 0.714 batting average in little league baseball, which is nearly double the highest batting average ever recorded in the history of the sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

In further 'Hulk Hogan as a vortex of death' stories, he claims he was on a plane with Kerry Von Erich a week before Kerry died.

But did he smell death?