Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Callsign/flight number: Tora 1941

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My first thought about that Sukhoi was "that escalator would always be broken."

MEL: Pax escalator OTS, temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Wasn’t it Sun Country that cancelled a few return flights from Mexico because of weather and since they were the last flights of the season they just refunded the ticket and told people they were on their own?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

With the junk that Iranian Airlines have to fly because of the sanctions those janky A340s will be an upgrade.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Is this the Russians?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Didn’t seem like the pax had any idea something was wrong until it was over. Looking at the brief footage someone took of it on approach I’m guessing accelerated stall.

Nepal needs an overhaul of their entire aviation system.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

MrYenko posted:

gently caress Delta Airlines.

It’s Delta Air Lines.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

How many wanted stars does that give him?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Mortabis posted:

The 1500 hour rule is nakedly an attempt to prevent new people from becoming pilots and competing with current ones; it is the epitome of gently caress you got mine.

Do you have any idea how much regional pilots got paid before the 1500 hour rule?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Yeah. I got hired at the regionals with over 2000 hours and still made no money.

I can’t believe people are bitching during the greatest hiring wave in aviation history.

There are 24 year old mainline Captains flying right now. I wish I had the career opportunities they have when I was there age but such is life.

You can argue the safety merits of the 1500 hour rule but the benefits to pilot pay have been incredible. US pilots are the best compensated pilots in the world at the moment.

Sorry if you need to flight instruct for another year but it will be worth it when you’re hired to fly a CRJ at 6 figures instead of at $23 an hour. Then get hired at a major two years later.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Hadlock posted:

I don't know the answer so I'll bite - how much?

Most qualified for food stamps. Senior captains made less than a new hire FO now makes.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

PT6A posted:

I mean, the 737 used to service CYCG, 5700' should be loving fine.

What model though? Modern 737s are very big and very heavy. Because of that they have a very fast Vref speed. I’d much rather go into a short field airport in a 757 than a 737.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Feels like it will be 20 years until we see a new Boeing model.

Bring back the 757 and slap some new engines on it.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

60 minutes or NPR or someone did an investigation about this years ago.

In theory the mechanics should just be following what the manuals tell them to do. However there were issues with whether the mechanics could read the manuals as they weren’t always translated into their native language. And there were issues with checking that their work was done properly.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

We have Smirnoff!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

The planes should all fly in formation like a bunch of B-17s. Then passengers can wave to each other.

It’s been proposed as a way to save fuel.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Depends on the contract. It could be nothing. It could be two hours of pay. It could be another days entire pay.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Never underestimate the Iranians to keep something flying long after experts deem it impossible.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

.... why are we still using yokes?

Different design philosophies. I think side sticks are overall superior but in the case of AF 447 it may have been beneficial if the two pilots could have visually seen what control inputs the other was making other than the “dual input” warning mixed in with a multitude of other warnings when things were going to hell in a hand basket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Any excuse to not make Half Life 3.