Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Should I buy a 2019 q8 with 7000km and the $6000 audio option on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I like a nice stereo in my car. This isn’t really for speed but for a comfortable ride that does well in the snow, should last a while, well into 200,000km. Good tech and lane assist. Just curious. Switching from a 2016 Touareg with 150,000km on it and still seems strong.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Cad

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i dont think i would buy a modern audi and expect 200k kms.

But y? I’m already at 150k on a Touareg it’s basically the same thing, no?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Mr. Apollo posted:

I just picked up a “new” 2019 RS5 Sportback. I say “new” because it’s a new car but it’s effectively a two year old model now and the 2021s are starting to arrive at dealers. I guess they were slow sellers because there’s still about a dozen across the country (I’m in Canada) and Audi didn’t release a 2020 model in North America.

These are pictures from the dealer.

It has every option except ceramic front brakes. Those are a standalone option in Canada and can only be optioned as a custom order that’s already sold to a customer.

I normally get black cars but 35% off MSRP plus no charge 2 year extended warranty, front and rear OEM winter floor mats, trunk liner, ceramic tint, and new Pirelli Winter Sottozero Series II with OEM RS5 wheels and TPMS sensor was hard to say no to.

Beaut, what did you get it for?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
So I bought that Q8, and it's awesome. Really shines at night.

Anyway, what is the best coding resources these days? For example I want to enable the interior lighting features as that's pretty much the only thing I care about comparing the progressiv vs technik trim levels.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Will do. Haven't coded anything since that BMW 135i you rode in like 10 years ago lol. I'm sure things have progressed a lot since then.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I make 4x as much as your dad, Ken.

Get rekt

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

VelociBacon posted:

I'm in this boat also, I literally cannot fathom it. I would immediately feel cold dread. I can't imagine buying something for that much money that does the same thing pretty much just as well as something that costs a fraction of that price.

you like my car?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

:zoid::zoid::zoid::zoid::zoid:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

DoesNotCompute posted:

It has a built in LTE "phone" essentially which is deactivated for the Canadian market, if you turn it on and have a spare sim card kicking around it can then download google maps and use it as an overlay in the built in navigation. Lots of info out there about getting the maps working if you tether to your phone for data but was happy to get it all working within the car without needing a phone. Can also use the car as a wifi hotspot now however the reception is spotty, I ordered an LTE antenna that should just plug into the back of the unit and I'm hoping that'll help things.

My 2019 Q8 has the sim enabled in Canada and all data functions including google maps works fine without a cell phone

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I have a 2019 Q8 and the assistants are quite good. If the lines are painted nicely I could mostly hands off drive on the highway with no issue.

I love it, something I didn’t have before, of course I don’t hands off drive but you just rest your hand on the wheel and it mostly just works.

What I care about is consistency. I want to know what the system is gonna do, even if it’s the wrong thing. It’s easy to think like the computer and you start to realize what the car will do before it does it.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Uncle Lizard posted:

The people that have answered I thanked them. I'm done asking this thread about this car because I have gotten all the information I am going to get here, and it was fast less than I was hoping. There are simply a select few that are using this opportunity to be loving assholes is all, especially Suburban Dad trying to tell me when and what I can post in the thread. They can get hosed. Then there's the people telling me to buy a Honda. If that is what I wanted I would have bought a Honda a long time ago, and I wouldn't be asking about all Audi in a VW/Audi thread. I ask about what to look out for when buying a 13 year old Audi, and I get told to triple my budget and buy a Honda. Thanks for the help.

Here is the most constructive and on-point view of the situation anyone has had the entire time:

That being said, thank you for the links to AudiZine and AudiWorld Murgos. I have read a handful of threads on AudiZine about this car and it's issues.

The running theme I found is that it has the same issues as any other Audi or VW from 1999 to 2016, so carbon build up, oil consumption, pcv valve, cam follower, oil leaks from camshaft chain tensioner and valve cover, coil packs and plug wires (always carry spares), high pressure fuel pump, and hydraulic fluid leak and motor failure on the convertible top motor on the Cabrios, which is not relevant to my situation. If I didn't list something then let me know, but this is just the list of issues for any used turbo VW/Audi I thought.

I wanted to know if the car I saw was worse than average, for VW/Audi, but that was never determined by this threads consensus because I guess this has turned into a Honda fan club now. I'll just stick with Google for my answers from now on.

You’re such a chud. You don’t insult and complain about a thread and who’s posting. You thank people generously for spending their time to educate you or answer to the best of their ability, then you go find other resources.

I hope your $4k car leaks oil and leaves a big stain where you park.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Uncle Lizard posted:

I researched the VIN number and I am going to call my mechanic to see what they would charge for a timing belt job if it is needed, how much for a buyers inspection, and what their calendar looks like. PCV valve I can do myself if necessary, so that should not be an issue is it comes up. Once I have the cost for these things and a time frame for a buyers inspection, I will contact the owners to see about looking at it more in depth (when the timing belt was done last, service records, test drive, etc), see how flexible they are on price, and go from there. We'll see.

You want to call me a chud? You can be added to the list of people that can go gently caress themselves. You must have some sort of learning disability because your reading comprehension had failed you. If you go back and re-read my posts, slowly, you will see the people giving valuable information were thanked, and I greatly appreciate their contribution. Just to reiterate this because you missed it the first three times, thank you everyone that has pointed me towards resources, given your experiences with similar year/model vehicle, and given valuable advice on what to look out for when purchasing a German car of this age. Your input is appreciated.

The others that posted just used it as a chance to be assholes with the thin guise of advice, like get a Honda. If "get a Honda" is considered spending time to attempt to educate me and answer my inquiry to the best of their ability for some people, maybe they shouldn't be posting. Now you wish ill of me or a car I may or may not even buy after insulting me because some people don't want to provide relevant information and you have reading comprehension issues? Why don't you go drink a gallon of bleach or whatever you have under the kitchen sink fuckboy.

Lmao this guy.

Nice kys post btw. You should prob take a break from the internet before you melt your brain.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 22, 2021

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

dialhforhero posted:

Got an oil issue with a 2020 RS3 with only 10k miles bought brand new.

It leaks from the bevel box and it has been in the shop 4 different times with seals, hardware, and even a new bevel box. Still leaks.

This time the dealership says it’s an innermost seal and they need to order a special tool to install it.

Anyone else have this issue or have tips? Or say gently caress it and :sever:?

Lemon Law?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

VelociBacon posted:

Crazy to me that a 2017 Tiguan is even possible to steal without the actual key. I would have thought it's fully immobilized etc.

Decrypting keys is not hard. Directional antenna, a raspberry pi, you can steal the most expensive cars on earth.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Inner Light posted:

Audi and VAG has come a long way in reliability. I won’t count your chickens but I don’t think you’ll have to worry about much beyond scheduled maintenance for a long time. Enjoy the whip.

As an owner of an older A4, black Audis are the right color.

My 2019 Q8 with 57000km is in the dealer for the next month because apparently there was metal shavings in the oil and it needs a new engine.

No charge, but the ol reliability may not be what she used to be.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

trilobite terror posted:

Every day that I drove an Atlas I’d rue it not being a Touareg, but instead its conceptual opposite: a car purpose-built exclusively for mediocrity instead of capability and for squeezing more revenue out of an already overpriced transaction

Truth. I own a 2017 Touareg and was going to buy a new one when they decided to axe the line and come out with the monstrosity they call the Atlas.

Gutless fuckin wonder it is. I was forced to go to an Audi Q8 to get a semblance of a Touareg back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

trilobite terror posted:

shoulda got a cayenne

next time